Jade 1/2 by Aries ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Fandom: XF (M/K) Rated NC-17 m/m sexual situations, more m/m sexual situations, and oh...did I mention still *more* m/m sexual situations? Archive: Allslash, Archive X, TER/MA, All Things Rat and Tirinar's Slashville Anywhere else, please ask me, first. Web page: http://members.tripod.com/~ter_ma3/aries/aries.htm Summary: The answer...*finally*, to Row's June Alexian Nights challenge, and about as AU as you can get. A long time ago in a land far, far away, there lived a handsome genie prince who, much to his father's consternation had a fascination for humans. This fascination turns to obsession and then true love when one day an amazingly beautiful human catches his eye. As if you couldn't guess, the path to happiness is hardly a smooth one and the star-crossed lovers must endure much pain before they can earn the key to the land of eternal bliss. Disclaimer: Fox, Alexei, Dana, and any other XF characters belong to CC...damn him to eternal, flaming hell. The rest are mine. Props to Nic, Orithain, Sue and Tirinar and Niff for all their encouragement, bribes, threats, etc. Big thanks for Ori and Nic for righteous beta. Any remaining goofs, gaffs and blunders are my own. Feedback is a beautiful thing. You can send me some at MMCUSN@aol.com ******************** The dirt swelled into tiny clouds as the two men walked the crowded streets. The rank odor of the morning's slaughters hung in the air as the oppressive heat of late afternoon bore down on the small village. One of the men watched the activity that surrounded them with fascination. The other twitched anxiously, apparently more than ready to take his leave of the place. "Really, Alexei, have you not had enough of this foul little town? It smells and it is dirty, and...and..." The other man ignored the complaints as he continued to look around. "I really must insist that we leave now. I am beginning to feel quite ill..." Emerald green eyes flicked away from the street and focused on the red-headed man. "Then leave. I would not want to be the cause of your discomfort." "You would not come with me?" "No." The taller man stopped and turned to his companion. The brilliant sunlight fell across his face, illuminating his eyes, dancing off the glossy, sable strands of his hair, and catching the attention of many a passing female. "I wish to stay a while longer." "But, your father. He will not be pleased..." "For my father to be angry, Daniel, he must first know of what it is he is to be angry about. Surely you would not tell him?" The question was more of a statement. A threat, even. The smaller man looked up into the cool green eyes of his friend. "No. No, of course not. But you know he does not need *me* to tell him anything. Your father knows much." Alexei heaved an exasperated sigh. "I am an adult, Daniel. If I wish to remain here, I will. My father cannot tell me where and where not to go." "Fine." The other man threw up his hands. "But when he finds out and you must explain why you have disobeyed his rules yet again, I would thank you to leave my name out of the conversation. And furthermore...Alexei...Alexei, are you listening to me?" Daniel broke off his rant and attempted to follow his companion's stare. "What are you looking at?" A man made his way along the edge of the street, carrying a small package. Tall. Easily as tall as the green-eyed man. Golden-brown hair, kissed with the evening-red rays of the sun, and beautifully full lips, turned into a delicious pout. The clothing he wore spoke not of wealth, but not of abject poverty, either. Working class, most likely. The man wore an air of intelligence, that was a certainty. He was some sort of professional, perhaps. And there was something else. Some intangible something that held the man who watched him, entranced. Alexei began to move, gravitating toward the object of his attention. His unwitting friend followed, asking over and over again where he was going. He crossed the street quickly and stopped in a doorway a couple of yards in front of the other man's path. As Daniel stood quietly now, confused at his actions, Alexei watched, his heart pounding out the man's every footstep. As he came nearer, his true beauty struck Alexei like an anvil. His features became more clearly defined, and things that were not visible from across the street, now came into focus. Eyes, surely painted by an artist's brush, sparkled a brilliant combination of green, blue and gold. His beautiful face, adorned with a single black mole, parallel to the right corner of his mouth. The marvelously imperfect nose that made him into the thing that fascinated Alexei so much...human. Alexei watched as he passed too quickly. He wanted...he needed to see his face again. Before the man got too far away to see clearly, Alexei pursed his lips, forming with them a small 'o'. The hazel-eyed man stopped, feeling a cool breeze cut through the still air, ruffling his hair. He turned around, searching the throng. Where could that have come from? It felt very much like a sea breeze, but the ocean was far from here, and besides, there was no wind at all today... Just as he started to turn back, his eyes caught the gaze of another. A tall, magnificent man with long, dark hair and eyes to rival the greenest gem. He stared for longer than would have been deemed appropriate in polite society and forced himself to move on. Even as he walked away, he could feel the heat of the other's stare on him. He shook off the sensations it aroused in him and continued on his way. "Now," Daniel chirped up when the man was no longer in view, "would you mind telling me what that was all about?" Alexei continued to stare in the direction the man had gone. "Was that not the most beautiful creature you have ever seen?" "There is trouble brewing in those eyes, Alexei, I can see it. You cannot have a human pet, no matter how beautiful he is. Your father forbids it. Please, let us go home. Once you are there, you will find something else to amuse you, and this human will leave your mind. Come, now." Alexei's eyes fell on his friend, and he gave him an indulgent smile. "Very well, Daniel. You are right. Let us go home and not speak of this again." "Now you are making good sense," the other man nodded, and with those last words between them, the two set out for home. ******************** "Where have you been, son, I have not seen you all day." Alexei looked from Daniel to his father. "No place in particular. Daniel and I were just out enjoying the day." A gray stare was fixed on the other man, and he shrank away from its coolness. "Daniel? You seem so anxious, boy. Is something wrong?" Now caught between an icy-gray stare and a fiery-green one, Daniel began to stutter. "N-nothing at all, sire. I...I...am just a bit weary, I think." "Well, by all means then, you should go home and rest." "Yes...yes, sire. I shall go immediately." Daniel departed quickly, afraid to look again at his friend, and even more afraid to look at his father. When he was gone, the older man turned to his son. "Daniel, unlike you, is quite uncomfortable with lying to me. Where were you today?" Alexei spun away, looking out at the golden stream beneath the main balcony. "We were out exploring, if you must know. Is that a bad thing?" "Tell me what you were exploring, and I will answer your question." "We went down below." "Alexei..." "Yes, father, to the *village*. I see no crime in it. No one knows..." The air shook for miles around as the old man's voice boomed. "It is not for you to question! You will obey me!" Alexei whirled around, shouting back. "I am *not* one of your underlings! You are my father, *not* my master!" "And you are my *son*! And as such, the others look to you to set the example! What do you think it looks like if the rules I set cannot be heeded by the one who should be helping me to enforce them?" "They are stupid rules! Humans can do us no harm! *Why* am I to stay away from them....avoid them as though I were afraid?" "You *should* have fear of them, Alexei." "But *why*?" The old man hesitated, then with a wide sweep of his arm, disappeared from sight. Only his voice echoed behind. "Because I am your father and I *say* you should." Alexei's hands clenched in his hair, and the balcony shook with his anger. He mimicked his father's voice. "Because I *say* you should. What kind of foolish reason is that?" //I will *not* stay away; I *will* *not*.// Especially now that he had reason to return. He went to his room and dropped down onto the pillows that lined his bed. He closed his eyes and thought of the beautiful man with the painted eyes and sighed. So, so beautiful. He needed to see him again. No. He needed more than to see him. He needed to touch. To taste... He licked his lips absently, imagining what it would be like to possess such sweetness...to woo and to win the heart of one so lovely. Oh, he had his pick of anyone he wanted. As the son of Malik, ruler of the djinn, he had all the lovers he could want at his disposal, but none thrilled him or captured his imagination as did this human. "I will find you again, beautiful one," he whispered, "and you will be mine." ******************** Hazel eyes searched the growing darkness. For what, the man could not exactly say. He felt a keen longing tonight, and it made him restless. His dinner, long ignored, was finally taken away. The young servant girl who had picked up his plate, stood at a distance, watching. As he continued to stare out over the land, she stepped forward timidly. "Are you not well? Should I inform the master?" The man turned and bestowed a warm smile on the girl. "No, Jamira, I'm fine." "But, sir. You ate nothing. Not a morsel..." "I'm not hungry tonight, that's all." The girl bowed. "Very well. Do you require anything more?" His eyes took on an odd look, then cleared. "No. Nothing. Thank you, you may go back to the house." Another bow and the girl was gone, leaving him to his thoughts. He wandered the rooms of his small house, unable to free his mind of the image of the man he'd seen this afternoon. Perfect lips, silky dark hair and matching eyelashes, framing hypnotic green eyes. Flawless olive skin lent the perfect background, making his eyes all the more outstanding. They stared unblinking into his, arousing a heat in his body such as he had never known. He thought about these odd feelings as he walked home from the market square and even after he arrived here at his house, and still they perplexed him. He wanted to understand, but the feeling was strong that he never would figure it out. Not on his own. He wondered if Dana would have any better clue than he. Dana, his best friend, had come here from the west for the express purpose of teaching the master's children western history and behavior. She arrived four years ago, just five months after he had come to live here with his mother. His father and the master of the house had been close friends and associates, and before he died, his father had asked that his wife and son be taken care of. And so a fortnight after his death, they were moved into a small house on the master's property where they lived quietly until his mother's death two years ago. The master came to him one day not long after she had passed, and said to him, "Boy, your father was my good friend. And I had a certain...fondness for your mother, but now they are both gone. I feel no responsibility to you, but I come to offer you a deal. You may keep this house...live here as long as you like, for a price." The man studied him warily. "What price is that?" "Your mother taught eastern civilization and philosophy in the west before she married your father, and she schooled you well. Miss Scully is a fine tutor but knows little of our culture. If you agree to teach my children, you may stay." He thought on the offer for a short time. He had no more family, and since he did not wish to be alone in he world, he agreed. And so he lived here, in this modest little house, alone. The only other people who ever set foot inside were the servants who came to clean and bring him food, and Dana, who came to visit a few times a week. The petite woman with fiery-red hair and a spirit to match, kept him intellectually stimulated and was a loyal friend, but that was all. There was no romance between them, no spark of that kind, and that was fine with him. He saw Dana more as a sister than a lover. In fact, though he often had physical yearnings, he had given romance very little thought. He had never been in love before and had no experience to speak of when it came to such matters. And now, the older he grew, the more frightened he became of the prospect. But there was the matter of this man, this green-eyed mystery who, with one look, awakened a longing in him so intense it made his body ache and his thoughts jumble. Yes, he must speak to Dana. Perhaps she could help him sort this out. An hour later, a knock startled him out of his thoughts. He turned away from the windows and walked to the door. Bright blue eyes smiled up at him as he swung the door open. "I saw Jamira passing through the house a while ago. She told me you hadn't eaten. Are you all right?" "I'm *fine*. I told her that I just wasn't hungry." The woman brushed past him and entered the house. "That isn't like you. Are you sure you're feeling all right?" "*Yes*." His answer came out with a bit more insistence than he intended. "Fox..." The man turned away from the door, sighing in response to hearing his name. "Dana, may I...I...I need to talk to you." "So there *is* something." "Yes....no...I don't know. I'm not even sure if you can help me." "You know I'll try my best." Dana sat and beckoned to him to do the same. "Now what is it that has managed to rid you of your appetite?" Fox took a deep breath and started with his trip to the market. "I went into the village today to get some school supplies. I was on my way back when I felt this...this breeze. A fresh, sea breeze. Gentle, but not so much that it didn't disturb the hair at the back of my neck. My first response was to turn around, and as I searched the crowd, these eyes, these...beautiful green eyes were staring at me. It was very disturbing." Dana smiled. "I should think I would be disturbed too, if a pair of disembodied eyes were staring at *me*." Fox shook his head. "Very amusing. The eyes were set in the most handsome face I've ever seen." "Handsome? These eyes belonged to a man?" "Yes. Yes, they did. He stared at me, Dana. He didn't move, he didn't blink. He simply stared. And that stare....it.......it did something to me." "What did it do?" "That's what I was hoping you could help me with. My entire body reacted to that one look. It's still reacting." "Reacting how?" "It trembles, it...quivers when I think of the way he looked at me. I feel....I feel...." One red eyebrow quirked. "Desire?" Fox looked up at her, more than a bit startled to hear her say it. "Is that what it is?" "Is it exhilarating?" "Yes..." "A bit frightening?" "Definitely." "Have you entertained the thought of what it might be like to touch this man?" Fox blinked in surprise. "*Dana*..." "I'm sorry my friend, but the night is growing short, and I have no time for delicacy if we are going to solve this dilemma of yours." "I have....I *have* been thinking about what it might be like to...kiss him." Dana smiled. "Sounds like lust to me." Fox shook his head. "I hope you don't speak this way to anyone else. You would find yourself in great trouble if you did..." "Don't worry, I wouldn't dream of being this candid with anyone other than you. Now...getting back to your problem...not that there's a problem that I can see...well, except for the one slight matter of him being a man..." "Are you saying that it's wrong?" "Fox, how is it that you've lived to adulthood and still remained so innocent about certain things?" A shrug was her only answer. "Yes, Fox, in lots of societies it is wrong for two men to be together sexually." He thought on this for a while, then responded, "But...why?" "Religion dictates that men are to lie with women and produce children. It is a sin for a man to lie with another man." "I've read your bible, Dana. My mother kept one, and now it is mine. I know what it says, but I don't understand why it should be that way. If there is love...shouldn't that be all that matters?" "I believe so, but I never was one for social correctness. Fox, if you felt an attraction to this man and you think he was attracted to you, I really don't see where the problem is. Except of course, that you only met in passing, and you have no idea who he is, *and* there is the chance that you may never see him again..." "That thought makes me very unhappy." Dana laughed softly. "Yes, my dear friend, I do believe you've had your first crush." "I don't understand. How can this be? I've seen nothing more of him than one fleeting glance allowed. How can it affect me this way?" Another amused chuckle. "Happens all the time, Fox." She rose from her chair, and preceded Fox to the door. Once there, she turned and gave him an affectionate hug. "I do hope you see him again." Fox watched his friend disappear in the direction of her own little house, and then he shut the door. He stripped, crawled into bed, and fell into a fitful sleep, waking again and again to thoughts of a man who very possibly had entered his life for the first and last time. ******************** Morning. And Alexei had slept not a wink, for thinking of the man he'd seen yesterday. He rose from his bed, the morning sun playing over his magnificently bronzed body as he executed a long, sensuous stretch. He walked naked to his balcony and looked out over the lush fields and sparkling streams of his domain. Three females passed below, hoping to catch a glimpse of the most beautiful of King Malik's sons, and giggled uncontrollably as they found him in all his natural splendor, looking back down at them. He grinned at the small group, turning and moving in his own good time to the doors, giving them the added pleasure of viewing his backside before he disappeared into his bedroom. He paused just on the other side of the curtains, chuckled at their squeals of delight, then set about the business of his quest. ******************** Fox walked the streets slowly today, searching the crowd for the eyes he'd seen only briefly, but knew he would never forget or mistake for another. He'd performed his teaching duties for the day, managing for the most part to stave off thoughts of the man he was now looking for. Only twice did his attention wander, and of course both times, it was picked up on by the eldest of his students. Jeffrey, named for his maternal grandfather by his Western born mother, was the unpleasant disruption in Fox's otherwise quiet life. Easily in his twenties, the young man had the intelligence of a nine-year-old. His younger brothers far surpassed him in academics, but what he lacked in intellect, he more than made up for in the ability to irritate Fox. Jeffrey's dislike for his tutor was only amplified by his father's constant derision. He would blow the smoke from his opium pipe in the young man's face while he criticized and compared his intelligence to things such as stones and the rear end a horse. Then in the same wheezing breath, he would give high praise to the mind of the man who taught his children and asked why it was Jeffrey could not allow some small portion of Fox's acumen and disposition to rub off on him. This morning after a disastrous early riding lesson, the father had cursed the young man for a coward when he refused to re- mount after his horse threw him, and Fox bore the brunt of his frustration. Jeffrey sat sullen and non-responsive throughout his classes, and when Fox had had enough and decided to speak to him about his behavior, he came to life, screaming with rage, making horrible comments about Fox's mother, and throwing everything that wasn't secured to the floor around the room. Fox dismissed the rest of the boys and left Jeffrey alone to have his tantrum. Later in the afternoon, the master learned of his eldest son's outburst, and the desert wind carried his furious response across the property to Fox's door. When he'd heard enough, he retreated, walking into the village allegedly to replace the supplies that were ruined in Jeffrey's tirade, but in truth it was only an excuse. The reason for his journey to town could be found in the haunting gaze of a beautiful, emerald- eyed stranger. Fox wandered the square for over an hour, finally coming to the disappointed conclusion that the man was not there and that the one glimpse he'd gotten of him would probably have to last him for the rest of his life. He sighed heavily and convinced himself to head for home. ******************** Alexei lingered unseen in the same doorway from which he had watched the man yesterday. He'd been here for hours, looking and hoping, and finally his patience was rewarded. He spotted the man across the road, walking slowly, and... It almost seemed as though he might be looking for something...or someone. Alexei chewed on his lower lip as the man moved closer. "Oh, my beautiful one," he spoke aloud but unheard. "You are looking for me, are you not? I am here." He made himself visible to any eye that might turn in his direction. "See me," he now whispered, also able to be heard. An odd feeling washed over Fox as he approached the spot where he'd encountered the man yesterday. Assuming it was just wishful thinking, he avoided looking into the doorway at first, but the feeling became stronger, and he glanced up. His heart began to race as he saw the face...those eyes. He stopped in his tracks, consumed by the heat in the stranger's gaze. His feet began to move again of their own volition, slowly carrying him closer. Alexei stood stone-still, silently beckoning the man forward. But before he moved close enough to be touched, he stopped. //Come to me.// His lips had not moved, but Fox heard the words clearly. He stopped walking and studied the man. //Come.// He flinched, not understanding how this was possible. Was he mad? How could he hear words that had not been uttered? Suddenly frightened but determined not to let the man see, he straightened his posture, gave the other a haughty glance, and moved off in the opposite direction. Alexei smiled at the display, comprehending the man's trepidation. He allowed him to leave without incident, but followed stealthily as his quarry made for home. Finally the man reached his destination, and Alexei followed him inside the little house, standing in the middle of the main room, looking around. His attention was drawn back to the other man as he tossed his packages down onto the table, then entered the bedroom and fell onto his back on the mattress. He crossed the room and came to stand over the bed, looking down into troubled, hazel eyes. "Why so sad, lovely one?" he asked, heard by no one but himself. "You need not fear me. I would not harm a single hair of your head. I must make you understand that somehow. And I will." He leaned over, straddling the prone man's chest with his hands. "I must leave you now, but I will return." He stared down into the eyes that had begun scanning the room curiously. "Until tomorrow, my treasure." Fox gasped as the sudden feel of the sea breeze turned into a soft caress across his lips. As quickly as the sensation came upon him it was gone, and he was left to wonder if he truly was going mad. ******************** Alexei tossed restlessly amongst the pillows, unable to sleep for this, the second night. The sweet taste of those magnificent lips lingered on his own, making sleep impossible. Morning was too far away. Too far. He needed to see him again, and he could wait no longer. ******************** Moonlight streamed in through the windows, casting a pale light across the face of the sleeping man. His night visitor prowled into the bed chamber and sat quietly at the edge of the bed. He studied the sleep-softened features and spoke softly. "You become more beautiful every time I look upon you." He traced the outline of the man's lips with the tip of one finger. "Whatever this life is that you live...it does not suit you. You, my jewel, should be a king, revered by all. You have not once spoken to me, and already you rule my heart. Yesterday I said that I would make you mine, but the truth is now known to me. I am yours, lord, heart and soul, and I pray you will come to know me and accept my devotion." He tenderly stroked the golden-brown silk atop the sleeping man's head. "I shall come to you gently...in your dreams perhaps, at first, until you begin to find yourself longing for your dream lover in the waking hours. Then I shall reveal and offer myself to you, and you will take me to be yours." Alexei closed his eyes and drew a deep breath. "All in good time." The sable lashes lifted halfway, and dark eyes glittered down at the peacefully slumbering man. "Sleep well this night, lord. Tomorrow is soon enough for us to taste love." He brushed the other man's mouth once more with his own, then left him to sleep away the remainder of the night. ******************** "Fox!" "Hmm? Yes?" The red-head could not help but demonstrate her exasperation. "What is wrong with you today? You've been so distracted." "I know. I'm sorry, Dana." "Would you like to talk about it?" Fox sighed softly, watching the horses prance around their enclosure. "I...looked for him yesterday..." "Oh. No luck, I take it." "Yes and no." "How can it be both?" "I saw him in the same place." "Did you speak?" "No." "Did *he*?" "No..." Dana cocked her head. "That wasn't an emphatic no." "I...I didn't see his lips move, but I heard a voice. Low...soft...like the finest velvet. Exactly the tone I would have imagined him to have." His companion eyed him doubtfully. "What did this...*voice* say?" "He was calling me to him." "And did you go?" "No, I...I started to, then I backed away." "Why?" "I was frightened. I thought I may have taken leave of my senses. How could he have spoken to me? He never opened his mouth. I just wished so much for him to speak that my mind heard it." "But he did look at you." "*Yes*. Of that I am sure. And I thought my eyes saw what my mind heard." He closed his eyes and turned away. "I don't know..." A soft hand caressed Fox's shoulder. "And so you just left?" "Yes. And later...in my own house, I..." "Yes?" "I felt that breeze again. And then..." His fingers absently brushed his own lips. "...a kiss, softer than lamb's wool. Dana, what's wrong with me?" "*Nothing* is wrong. You're simply entranced by a handsome man..." Fox turned to his companion. "He is exquisite. Just the thought of him...and now I don't know if I will ever see him again. I had a second chance and I let it slip away." "Don't be so sure, Fox. Did it occur to you that you saw him in the same place because he was looking for *you*? Why do you think he stares at you?" Fox shrugged uncertainly. Dana smiled reassuringly. "You will see him again. I'm sure of it. Now, come. I'd like you to review tomorrow's lessons with me." ******************** Alexei lay on his back by the stream, staring up into the cerulean sky. He inhaled deeply, taking in the sweet scent of wildflowers and sun-warmed grass. He lived in utter beauty, yet now it seemed ordinary in comparison to the magnificence of the man he'd fallen so deeply in love with. "Tonight, love," he whispered. "Tonight, I will again look on your beauty." "Well, the young girls think that I am rather appealing, but I had no idea how *you* felt about me." Alexei's head snapped to the right, and he looked up into Daniel's amused face. He grunted good naturedly and again turned his face up to the sky. "You should not speak such things aloud," the other man warned, dropping into the grass beside him. "It might have been your father standing here instead of me." No answer. "Alexei, what are you doing?" "What does it look like I am doing?" "You have not given up on that human, have you?" "No." "My friend, you *must*. He can bring you nothing but grief." Alexei refused to listen. "If you have come to scold me, Daniel, you may go back the way you came." He waved the other man off. "Is a moment's pleasure worth incurring your father's wrath for ages to come?" Alexei rolled onto his side and looked at his friend, eyes sparkling. "Who said anything about a *moment*?" Daniel's mouth dropped open. Alexei continued. "Even if that is all it turned out to be, I believe I would have to say yes. Yes, a moment of pleasure with him would be worth all the torment my father could throw at me." The other man shook his head. "You truly mean that." "Yes," the dark-haired man answered softly. Then softer still, he asked, "May I tell you a secret?" Daniel looked around. "Yes...yes, of course." "You must swear to tell *no one*." "I swear." "I saw him again. Yesterday. I followed him, and I now know where he lives." Alexei moved closer. "I visited him last evening." "You what?" The other man nodded. "He did not know I was there. I just needed to see him. Touch him. I watched him sleep for a short time. He is *beautiful*, Daniel. I wanted so very much to lie down beside him and lay my head upon his chest..." Sable lashes swept downward, giving his eyes a sleepy appearance. "...just to feel his heart beating beneath my cheek." One red eyebrow arched. "Are you sure that is all you wanted to feel?" The lashes lifted and deep green eyes stared over at the other man. "You do not understand, Daniel. I did not expect that you would." "I think I have been insulted." "Daniel, I..." Alexei stopped in mid-sentence. "You what?" "You would not understand." "Well, *help* me understand." "You will not tell a soul?" "I said I would not." "Even if my father threatened you with punishment?" Daniel opened and closed his mouth, not knowing what to say. Alexei turned his head. "Forget it. You cannot be trusted." "No! I mean, yes! I promise. Nothing will make me ever breathe a word to anyone. Now tell me!" "All right. But if I discover that you have gone back on your word, my father will not be the one you need to fear." Daniel nodded, knowing full well that Alexei would and could make good on his threat. The glacial green stare warmed and softened, and a tiny smile curved the perfect lips. "I am in love." "Love? But...but how can you be? You do not know this man! And might I remind you that he *is*..." "*Human*...I know, I know! Why is that such an issue with you and my father?" "It is an issue with me *because* it is an issue with your father. I do not want trouble for you, my friend, but it would appear to me that you are bent on embracing chaos." "I am not *looking* for trouble, Daniel, but I will not stay away from him simply because my father cannot abide humans. It is not his life to live; it is mine." Daniel studied his friend in silence for a moment. "You are a stubborn mule, Alexei. I hope this human of yours can appreciate that trait." Alexei gave Daniel a brilliant smile. "I am going to see him tonight." "Are you going to make yourself visible?" "No. Not just yet." "Then how do you expect him to fall madly in love with you?" Green eyes shone as brightly as the sun. "I have a plan." Daniel fell onto his back, emitting a hearty laugh. "Allah help this poor man." "He does not need Allah. All he needs is me." Daniel shook his head, chuckling. "I hope for the sake of your ego, he agrees." ******************** Fox wandered the perimeter of his rooms, disappointment weighing heavily on his heart. After class today, he had gone again into the village, hoping to find the green-eyed stranger waiting for him in the crowd, but he had been nowhere in sight. Fox concluded that either he'd given up, or he'd read far too much into those intent stares, and the man had no interest in him at all. Either way, he was depressed. Night had long since fallen, and his body began to hint at its fatigue. When he could fight it no more, he obeyed the command to sleep, and he undressed and slipped between the sheets. Now suddenly wide awake, he tossed restlessly for a long while, then drifted off slowly, pillowed on dreams of ocean breezes and love with a mysterious emerald-eyed man. ******************** The diaphanous curtains barely moved this evening. The still, dry air hung in the room, emphasizing the silence. The new presence in the slumbering man's room made not a sound as it drifted across the floor and settled at the edge of the bed. "I have returned, my love," Alexei murmured to the unconscious Fox. "I saw you in the village today...searching for me. Did you miss me? I truly hope so, for I have missed you terribly. But now I am here." His fingers whispered over the surface of Fox's hair. "Do you dream tonight, lord? No matter. Let it fade." Alexei continued to stroke the golden-brown strands. "You see nothing but darkness now. Your mind is clear, and now you are ready." He lowered his head until his cheek brushed the other man's, then whispered into his ear. "Dream of me..." The immobile man began to stir ever so slightly and his eyelashes fluttered. Shapes began to invade his peaceful world. Nothing discernible as yet, but anticipation began to build. The shapes became recognizable, but none were familiar. A room...large...airy...almost completely empty...free floating curtains in gossamer silk hung from huge windows, and in the middle of the floor, a bed. Large, overstuffed...carved wooden posts...scattered with pillows in various shapes and sizes, all covered in the finest ivory silk. Its cool comfort beckoned to him, and he answered, moving forward and lying down. He stretched lazily, sinking into the pillows and idly wondering where he was and how he got there. Movement caught his eye, and he slowly sat up, looking toward the windows. From the folds of the billowing silk, a man emerged. Draped in flowing robes and turban, he was a vision in ivory. The moonlight caught in the golden earrings that framed his beautiful face, and his eyes sparkled like gems. He approached silently, stopping at the end of the bed. Fox looked up at him, entranced. //Will...will you speak to me?// The man smiled, his olive skin the perfect backdrop for strong, white teeth. //What would you have me say?// //Tell me who you are...and where I am, and...what you want with me...// //You are in a place better suited to you than that modest little house in which you live. *I* am the one who adores you, and as for what I want...// Fox felt his pulse quicken. The man shook his head. //I am here to give you what *you* want. After all, this is *your* dream.// //Dream?// //Yes...you look disappointed.// //I...I thought...I hoped that you'd be...// //Real? I am. You did not dream, nor did you imagine our two meetings in the village.// //You...you said you...adore me?// //Does that make you uncomfortable?// //It...I...I don't know. I'm not sure how it makes me feel.// //But you feel something?// //Yes. It's very...confusing...// He smiled sweetly. //Tell me your name.// //You don't know it?// //No. Do you wish not to tell me?// The other man hesitated, then managed to stutter, //F-Fox.// One dark eyebrow arched. //Fox?// //Yes.// Another smile. //It is an odd name, but...// he studied the man on the bed, //..very fitting, I think.// He sat carefully at the edge of the mattress. //You are so very beautiful...// Fox turned away, discomposed by the statement and the closeness of the man. //Do you fear me?// No response. //There is no reason to. This is your dream. I cannot harm you.// His fingers whispered across Fox's cheek. //I would not.// Fox shivered under the stranger's touch, and all at once he was made very aware of the fact that he was naked. He pulled a large pillow into his lap and again avoided the green gaze. //I am quite aware of your arousal, love,// the man said softly. //It pleases me very much.// Fox chewed on the inside corner of his lip, but said nothing. The hand at his cheek drifted downward, skimming the side of his neck, the curve of his shoulder, then stroked a path down his arm, finally coming to rest over his hand. The voice sounded again. //What do you wish of me tonight?// Hazel eyes blinked up into his face. Lush lips parted and the first sounds that left them were soft gasps of confusion. Then Fox spoke. //I don't...I...// His voice faded, then went silent //What is it, love? I can give you anything you desire. Just tell me.// Fox shook his head. //I don't know, I've never...// Again he fell into frustrated silence, and an understanding smile graced his visitor's lips. He sucked in a breath as the man slid closer and, pulling the pillow away, slipped an arm around him. His heart thrashed in his chest at the sensation of a warm, soft mouth brushing his. When he did not shy away, the arm around his waist pulled him closer, and the kiss deepened. Tentatively his hands slid up to the other's back. The sensuous feel of soft linen beneath his fingers added to the overwhelming pleasure he was already experiencing, but...how could this be so real? He'd had many, many dreams, but none like this. Every touch, every taste...every small sound, vibrated through his body with a very real intensity. Gently, the man lowered him to the pillows, maintaining contact with his lips. In one fluid, barely noticeable moment, they were lying together, and the stranger's hands were wandering slowly over his body, eliciting soft moans from his throat. The moans turned into a surprised gasp as he felt a tongue, gentle but insistent, parting his lips. His surprise deepened as he felt himself so easily submit, opening his mouth and allowing the man to explore at his leisure. Timidly, Fox's tongue inched out, touching the one invading his mouth. It withdrew quickly then returned, coaxed back into play by its mate. He tasted of fruit and rich wine, this dream lover of his, and it was intoxicating. Fox ventured deeper into his mouth, gaining confidence, and soon their tongues were tangled together in sensual bliss. His hands wandered up the other's back, stroking over the finely chiseled muscles, marveling at the feel of another man's body beneath his fingers. He wondered idly if the man in the village would feel anything like this apparition his mind had conjured up. A hand traveling down his chest, coaxed his attention back to the present situation. Fingers lightly combed through the scattering of hair then drifted to the side, circling one nipple and teasing it to hardness. Fox broke from the mouth covering his, arching his back and gasping at the intimate touch. His hands fell away from the man's back and into the sheets, gathering fistfuls of the silk between his fingers. Silently, the man smiled down at him and moved to the other nipple, treating it to the same loving attention. When the second nipple was as hard as the first, he continued on, slowly working his way down Fox's torso and sliding his fingers through the dark patch of curls surrounding the length of solid muscle. Fox fought for every breath as he felt the stranger's hand brush the base of his erection, then close gently around it. Their mouths met again, and his hand began to move, tenderly stroking the impossibly rigid shaft. There was sound in Fox's head...a distant rumble that soon became a roar resembling the storms that sometimes blew violently through the desert. He whimpered softly into the mouth still feeding on his, feeling the tension build in his body to the point where he was sure he would snap in two if it was not relieved. The man above him understood his torment and sought to put an end to it. He pulled away from Fox's mouth and kissed a path to his ear. //It is time, beautiful Fox.// He increased the speed of his strokes, prompting desperate cries from the beneficiary of his attention. //Take your pleasure.// Fox's hips jerked upward once, twice, and then his body was spasming uncontrollably, releasing a long, thick stream of fluid over the hand that quickly but gently milked him. His cries of fulfillment echoed around him, and as they faded, he felt the other's lips, soft and sweet on his own. His eyes fluttered open when the gentle pressure was removed, and he blinked up into sparkling, forest- green eyes. //Remember well this dream, my treasure. I will return to you again soon.// //Please,// Fox breathed softly, //don't leave.// //But I must.// The visage began to fade. //You must awake soon and begin your day.// //I don't want to. I like it here. Don't go...// Alexei watched the restless shifting of the sleeping man's body. He raised a hand to his cheek and whispered to him, "Rest easy now, love. No more dreams tonight." He stroked Fox's face and hair. "Rest..." All movement soon ceased, and Fox's respiration became slow and steady. Alexei leaned in for one lingering kiss, then rose from the bed. He smiled softly down at the other man, then faded back into the night. ******************** "There you are." Daniel approached his friend, lounging lazily by his favorite stream. "I should have known to look here first." "Hello, Daniel." He sat beside Alexei and waited. When the other man did not speak again, he nudged his arm. "Well?" he asked impatiently. "How did it go?" "How did what go?" "Last night, Alexei...with your human." He whispered the last word. "Was it *so* forgettable?" A smile curved the other man's mouth, and his eyes fell shut. "My Fox is anything but forgettable." "Fox?" "That is his name. Beautiful...as he is." The other man rolled his eyes. "So, have you enchanted him, then? Made him your love slave for life?" "I do not wish to enslave him, Daniel. I want his love, but I want him to give it freely." "And you think this is possible once you reveal your true self to him?" "I do not know. I can only pray that it is." The other man shook his head. "You have the advantage, Alexei. If you want him so badly, why not use it?" "Because it would not be real. Do you not understand that? I want to look into those magnificent, painted eyes and see *true* love. Not a product of some spell." Daniel stared intently for long moments, then asked, "Who are you and what have you done with my friend?" His response came in the form of a brief grunt. "Seriously, Alexei, this is not like you. If you want something, you take it. What is so different about this?" Alexei began to speak, paused, then began again. "It....it is difficult to explain, Daniel." "Try." "You will not understand until you are truly in love, but...I could not bear it if he were changed in any way. I want to experience true love...to see the glow in his eyes when I come to him and know that what he feels for me is all his own emotion and nothing that I have manipulated him into feeling." "But have you not already done that? You have insinuated yourself into his dreams..." "I was there. I instigated the dream. That is all. The rest was left to him." "But why?" Red eyebrows arched in curiosity. "Why not just speak to him in the village?" "I saw him in the village again. For a time, it looked as though he would come and speak with me, but he became frightened and turned away." "What frightened him?" "I was not sure at the time. Now, I suspect that my jewel is even more precious than I thought." "What do you mean?" "I mean that my sweet Fox is an innocent." The other man cocked his head curiously. "I believe he has had no lovers," Alexei explained. Daniel burst into laughter. "Are you serious? Alexei, do you truly believe that one as delicious as he has not had even *one* lover?" "I know it does not seem possible, but after last night...it is what I believe." "What happened last night?" Alexei smiled and shook his head. "But you tell me about *all* of your liaisons! Come now, do not tease me so." "Sorry, my friend. Fox has stolen my heart and my soul, and I will not speak of him as if he were just another meaningless conquest." Daniel folded his arms across his chest and pouted. "You used to be fun, Alexei. I do not think I like what this human is doing to you." "Really?" White teeth flashed in the morning sun. "I like it very much." Alexei rose to his feet and grinned down at his friend. "I will see you later." Daniel blinked up into his face. "Where are you going?" "To see my love." "It is morning, Alexei. You cannot infiltrate his dreams, so what are you going to do? Linger about unseen, just mooning over him?" A soft laugh was his reply. "All right, fine. Keep it to yourself. Go on to your Fox, and leave me to find my own amusement." "You do not have to look far," Alexei answered. "This morning, I heard Suni and Jameelah talking about you." "Are you sure they simply were not plotting to do away with the prince's red-headed friend so they could get closer to his magnificence?" Alexei broke into a hearty laugh. "*No*. They were speaking very well of you...and giggling." "*Really*. Hmm. This could be interesting." "Indeed it could," Alexei encouraged. "Go find them. I will see you later." He watched his friend shuffle off in search of the females they spoke of, and smiled. "And, my precious Fox, I will see *you*, now." ******************** Fox picked at his breakfast, his mind reviewing again and again the events of his dream and the condition he'd found himself in this morning. Sheets, stuck to his lower regions and smelling of his own semen. His body pleasantly drained, and his memory full of the mysterious, emerald-eyed man who had come into his dreams and done to him what no other ever had. His body tingled at the thought, and he found himself hardening. //No. Think of something else. You must leave soon. The children will be waiting...// Distraction came in the form of a large, black cat that had wandered in through the open doors and was now rubbing insistently against his leg. Fox smiled down at the animal. "Where did you come from?" He asked softly, reaching down to scratch behind the feline's ear. The loud purrs encouraged him to continue. "You are very handsome. Do you belong to the master?" The cat jumped into his lap and looked up at him with emerald- green eyes. Fox looked into them for a moment, stunned. He regained his composure and chuckled softly. "Why does it seem that suddenly I am to be constantly seduced by beautiful green eyes?" He stroked the cat's back, enjoying the ripple of muscle beneath his fingers. "Have you had breakfast? I'll share mine with you, then I must get to class. I cannot keep the children waiting." He finished his breakfast, feeding a good portion of it to his new friend, then set off for class, leaving the cat stretched lazily across his bed. ******************** Fox made it to class only a few minutes late and had little trouble getting the boys under control before settling down to the day's business. From his seat at the back of the room, Jeffrey brooded silently as usual, lending an air of gloom to the otherwise cheerful morning. Halfway into the second lesson, Jeffrey made his presence known, shouting and attempting to shoo away the cat that had hopped up into the window. The cat crouched on the sill, ears flattened, eyes dilated to near- blackness, snarling at the young man. Fox calmly walked to the back of the room and stood beside the window. "Stop shouting, Jeffrey, you're frightening him." "*Frightening* him? That animal is vicious! See how he hisses and growls at me!" Fox emitted a patient sigh. "He is *not* vicious." To prove his point, he reached out to the cat, murmuring softly to the animal as he stroked the top of its head. "You were just frightened, weren't you? It's all right, no one is going to hurt you." In answer, the cat arched its back, purring loudly. "No?" Jeffrey fumed. "I would not be so certain about that. If *I* see it alone, I will snap its neck!" The other children gasped in horror at their brother's proclamation. Fox leveled a stony gaze on the younger man, and picked the cat up. It settled comfortably into his arms, still purring contentedly. "Don't touch this animal, Jeffrey. It has done you no harm." "It would have attacked me!" "Your wild exaggerations are going to get you into very serious trouble one day. Now, calm yourself." "My father will hear of this! And he will..." Tired of the young man's ranting, Fox cut him off. "By all means, Jeffrey, if you feel this very serious matter must be brought immediately to your father's attention, go on and tell him. But do not disrupt my class any further." Jeffrey fell silent, staring daggers at him. "Make your choice, Jeffrey. Go, or stay and be quiet." The younger man retreated back into an angry silence for the rest of the morning, refusing to participate in class. He became even angrier when, at lunch time, Fox allowed the boys to come up and pet the cat who had been lounging in the window closest to him. The animal lay quietly, tolerating the children's gentle attention, and when class was over, he climbed onto Fox's shoulder and allowed the man to convey him back to the little house. From a wine colored pillow that he had claimed as his own, he watched Fox bathe and change, and soon afterward a petite woman appeared at the door. "Am I early?" Dana asked as she passed into the main room and took a seat. "No," Fox answered. "Jamira should be here soon with dinner." He took a seat across from her, and Dana's eyes lit up as he was immediately joined by a lovely black cat. The animal seemed to appear from nowhere, jumping up and settling at Fox's side, rubbing its head against the man's leg. "Oh, how beautiful!" Dana squealed in delight. "Where did he come from?" "I don't know," Fox replied, reaching down to gently pass his hand over the cat's body. "He appeared this morning and refuses to leave me. He even followed me to class." He began to chuckle. "He and Jeffrey did not exactly hit it off." Dana grunted. "Is there anyone or anything that Jeffrey *does* hit it off with?" "Good point." "So, are you going to keep him?" Fox shrugged. "He may certainly stay if he wants to. I'm enjoying the company." Fox looked down at the animal, who had now rolled onto its back, legs splayed, purring happily as its throat and belly were scratched. "He's got the most incredible green eyes. They remind me of..." He cut himself off, refusing to allow himself the indulgence. But Dana caught the soft words and prodded her friend. "What do they remind you of?" Fox shook his head and continued to pet his new companion. "Still thinking about him?" The golden-brown head jerked up, then slowly lowered again. "Yes. I....I dreamt of him last night." Dana saw the slight blush tinge his cheeks, and she decided against asking for details. "Your subconscious mind is speaking to you, Fox. It's doing what you want to do in consciousness but can't." Fox sighed and shrugged. "Dreams are probably all I will have of him now, anyway." "You never know, Fox. He may turn up again when you least expect him to. And if he does, what are you going to do?" Fox closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "I will speak to him...I hope." "Don't hope. Do it or the regret will be deeper than it is right now." Before Fox could answer, dinner arrived, and they sat down to eat, Dana digging in hungrily and Fox again only picking and sharing part of his meal with his new friend. An hour after dinner was over, Dana went back to her own house, leaving Fox alone to contemplate her words. He lay across his bed, the cat curled up against his chest, thinking. "Dana is right," he told his sleeping companion. "If I am fortunate enough to see him again, I must not let fear stop me from speaking to him." He lay quietly for a moment, then flung an arm across his face. "Who am I fooling? I can't just walk up to him and strike up a conversation. What would I say? What if I'm completely wrong about his intentions?" He groaned heavily. "Am I insane? What makes me think that someone as beautiful as he would want *me*?" The cat opened its eyes and uncurled its body, stretching and yawning. With a soft thud, it jumped to the floor and disappeared through the open door. Fox watched forlornly as his beautiful companion left him alone with his woe. "Well," he whispered to himself, "that's more like it. Alone and lonely." He stared up at the ceiling until sleep came for him nearly an hour later. ******************** The soft whisper of a silken caress opened Fox's eyes. He looked up into now familiar emerald eyes, and smiled. //You came back to me.// //Of course I have returned. You summoned me.// //I did?// //Yes, love.// //I don't understand...// //Did you not wish for me to come to you?// //No...I mean...*yes*, but...I don't remember summoning you.// //The subconscious mind is not always an easy thing for us to understand. Sometimes it is best not to try.// A gentle kiss brushed across the tip of Fox's nose, then one landed on each fluttering eyelid, and finally settled on his full mouth. With only a bit of coaxing, Fox parted his lips and allowed the other man to sweep inside. He teased the soft interior for a moment, then pulled away. //What would please you tonight, my jewel?// he asked softly, tracing the curve of Fox's lower lip with his index finger. Fox blinked, then looked away. //Do not be afraid. Anything you wish for, love. Anything at all...I will not reject you.// //I....I can't, I don't...// //Shh. All right. I understand.// Fox's visitor stroked his face. //You trusted me last night. Will you trust me again?// //Y-yes.// Fox sighed into the mouth that came down on his, again opening himself to the teasing tongue. He squirmed under the other man's touch, wanting to feel his hands everywhere at once, and shocked himself by arching against him, attempting to obtain the contact he sought. The soft chuckle tickled his lips. //Not so timid once your desire is aroused, are you, sweet Fox? I like that.// He nuzzled Fox's throat. //Please touch me.// Tentatively, Fox lifted a hand to the other man's throat, tracing a line downward as far as his clothing would allow. He then stopped, gently rubbing the spot on the other's upper chest. //It is easily removed,// the soft, silky voice coaxed, //if you wish...// He did wish. But it was fear...that crippling, damnable fear that made him hesitate. His visitor smiled indulgently and loosened the fastenings of his robes, allowing them to hang open. He gently grasped Fox's hand and placed it upon his bared chest. //You see? There is nothing to be afraid of.// Fox stared up into the other man's eyes, motionless for a moment, then his hand began to move, cautiously traveling the hard planes of the chest under his fingers. Dark lashes fluttered and closed as the man sighed softly, encouraging him to continue. He watched his hand moving of its own accord over the bronzed skin, stroking and petting, listening to the deep, rumbling sounds of pleasure. Slowly, his fingers slid over to the left, brushing over one nipple. //Oh, yes, love. Oh, yes...// Unsure of what to do next, but positive that he did not want this moment to end, Fox's hand traveled over to the other nipple, teasing that one as well. A shy but satisfied smile curved his lips as the other moaned aloud. //You have a magical touch, my love,// the man panted softly. He shifted until he was on his back, and looked up at Fox, waiting. //Please, Fox. Will you continue?// Fox gazed down into the passion-glazed eyes and fell on the other man with a soft moan. His mouth found its mate, and he attempted to imitate what had been done to his own mouth. A deluge of impassioned moans and fingers clenching in his hair told him that he must have been doing it right. As his confidence and his passion built, he moved away from the other man's lips, kissing down his throat to his chest. His mouth followed the path that his hands had earlier taken, licking and nipping, finding one nipple and flicking across it. The man beneath him arched and whimpered, begging incoherently for more, sending the blood pounding through Fox's veins. His hands stroked the heated skin of the man's torso as he sucked the pebbled flesh into his mouth. Above his head, a breath hissed sharply, and a cry caught in the constricted throat. Working on sheer animal instinct, Fox moved lower, his hands grazing the other's slim hips, and began to work at loosening his pants. His task accomplished, he began to pull the material down, when suddenly, something did not feel right. There was sound. Distant, but unable to be ignored. Unwillingly, he turned an ear to it. //Fox...love...please...// His voice was fading. Drowning behind the alien sound. The feel of his skin...his smell...that too was fading. //No...no...I won't...I won't...want to stay...// Fox blinked in the darkness, wincing at the painfully swollen erection he sported. He attempted to focus on the accursed sound that woke him from his beautiful dream, and found that the noise was coming from outside. Two voices rang out. One he recognized as Jeffrey's, and the other as his father's. "You *will* obey me, you cur. You are the oldest of my sons, and Allah forgive me, but you will be educated even if it kills you!" "I will not go back to class, I will not!" "You will! I will not be humiliated, do you understand? You will learn, or I will send you so far away, you will never find your way back!" There was quiet after that, but the shouting had gone on long enough for Fox to have awakened completely. His fingers clenched in his hair, and he groaned into the blackness. "Come back to me, my lover," he whimpered softly. "Please..." He lay awake until dawn, tossing and turning, unable to sleep a wink. As the sun rose, he did also, bathing in cold water in an attempt to wake himself up and cool his still smoldering desires. He sat down to breakfast, looking up at every sound, hoping that his feline friend had returned, but when he left for class, he'd seen not a hair. He worked through the lessons, ignoring the pouting young man at the back of the room, and when lunch time arrived, he stumbled back to his house for a rest before the afternoon classes. He dropped across his bed and closed his eyes, fully aware that it may not be the best idea. He'd slept so little last night, he might just drop off and miss the afternoon classes all together. Unable to gather enough energy to care, he closed his eyes. ******************** Alexei brushed his fingers across the cool water, conjuring up the image of his love. He gazed down into the stream, watching Fox nod off to sleep. "You are so very tired," he whispered to the swirling image. "I am truly sorry for last night. It should not have ended that way..." He closed his eyes and thought of the night before. He had come to Fox again, but did not instigate the dream. He merely lay beside him and watched it progress, taking great pleasure in watching his flower unfold. When that blasted Jeffrey and his slack-jowled, opium puffing father woke him with their screeching, it had all come to an end. Instead of *helping* Fox to go back to sleep, he allowed him to toss about for the remainder of the night, thinking about the dream and becoming more agitated with each passing hour. Now, he was exhausted and sad, and Alexei had to do something to relieve his unrest. "Sleep, lord." he whispered, "I shall wake you when it is time." ******************** A soft rumble roused Fox out of his slumber. He executed a long stretch, then slowly opened his eyes. As his arms slid from above his head, down to his sides, one hand came in contact with a soft, silky object. He opened one eye and glanced down at the cat snuggled to his side, staring at him. A trace of a smile crossed his lips, and he sat up. "I didn't think you would return," he said, stroking the glistening fur, "but I'm glad that you did." He glanced around, shaking his head. "And thank you for waking me. I may actually be on time for afternoon classes." Green eyes watched as Fox gathered up his supplies and rushed to the door. The soft meow stopped him before he could exit the house. He turned to find his friend at his feet, looking up at him. "What is it? Would you like to come with me?" He held out his arms, not really expecting that the animal would leap into them, but that was exactly what it did. The cat draped itself over his shoulder, nuzzling Fox's cheek, and the two headed back to the classroom. ******************** Jeffrey scowled from his seat at the back of the classroom, growing angrier with every admiring remark from his brothers about the tutor's cat. Finally, when he'd had all he could stand, he lashed out. "What is so wonderful about some flea-bitten, mangy cat?" he bellowed, startling the younger boys. "He is not mangy," Amir, the youngest of the group, chirped up. "You are just jealous because he likes us and not you." "Jealous?" The young man laughed bitterly. "I am jealous of nothing and no one!" He glared at Fox. "No one, do you hear?" "I hear you, Jeffrey," Fox said softly. The younger man continued to rail at him. "You lie. You think I am jealous of you! What is there to be envious of, tell me! Your brain? Your looks?" He laughed again. "That will be the day when I am jealous of *you*, tall and gangly as you are, with your...your droopy hair and lips that look like someone hit you, and...and...freakish eyes that cannot seem to decide what color they want to be!" Fox stared sadly at Jeffrey, saying not a word. Such a pathetic young man. Not an ounce of self esteem did he have. His father had failed so miserably with him... Jeffrey recognized the expression and shook with rage. The next thing Fox knew, the younger man was hurling himself at him, but before Jeffrey could reach him, the cat pounced, sinking its claws into his face. A loud, pained shriek rose from Jeffrey's throat as he clutched at the animal, trying to pull it away. Fox leapt forward, grasping the cat and gently prying its claws from Jeffrey's skin while at the same time trying to hold the young man still. When he'd finally succeeded in separating the two, he held on to the growling cat while instructing the other boys. "Take him to the house, and find Fatima. She will see to his wounds. I will go see your father." The boys led their wailing brother away, and Fox gathered up his supplies, carrying them and the cat back to his house. Once inside, the cat jumped down from his shoulder and joined him in the chair he dropped into. He looked down at the animal, then sighed, scratching its head. "I know why you attacked him, but...you shouldn't have. No matter how obnoxious he is, he is still the master's son, and I fear you may well have gotten us both into quite a bit of trouble." Wide green eyes stared up at him as if the animal were actually listening to every word. It sounded a tiny meow, then climbed into Fox's lap, rubbing its head against his chest. Fox sighed and smiled down at the animal. "I don't know what I did to inspire such devotion, but I do appreciate it." He lifted the cat, dropped a kiss on the top of its head, then set it back down in the chair he'd just vacated. "Well...I'd better get this over with. You and I, my friend, may be living in a tent soon. I hope you don't mind." With one last smile and a deep breath, he opened the door and walked out to meet his doom. ******************** Smoke swirled through the room, the acrid smell hitting Fox's nose as he came through the door. "I heard about the excitement in class a while ago," the soft, raspy voice sounded from the other end of the room. Fox stepped forward. "Yes. I am sorry, I should not have allowed the cat into the classroom, but the children enjoyed him so..." "The children." The master pivoted, now facing his employee. "Yes, the children. They are very fond of you, Fox. They have preceded you here." "They...they have?" "Yes. To explain that this unpleasant incident happened through no fault of yours. They have informed me that Jeffrey is entirely to blame, and I am inclined to believe that. Will you kindly confirm or dispute their report?" Fox lowered his eyes for a moment, then leveled an earnest gaze on the older man. "I cannot dispute it sir, but...Jeffrey is a troubled young man. He desperately wants your approval, and when he can't get it, he reacts badly." The old man cocked his head. "You defend him after he tried to attack you?" "I...I am simply trying to give you a reason for his behavior." "So you are telling me that I am to blame for the way he behaves?" Silence answered his question. "I should have you whipped for such an implication." Still, no response. "You would not plead for leniency?" "No, sir." The master studied him for long seconds, then, "If Jeffrey had a fraction of your grace and bravery, I would not be so hard on him...you may go, Fox. I must go see to my...*son*." Fox executed a shallow bow and exited the room and the house. ******************** Alexei impatiently paced around the room, awaiting Fox's return. Arms folded across his chest, he muttered to himself. "I swear...if that pathetic little weasel has caused you any trouble, my love, I will shred him from head to foot." He dropped into the chair that Fox had been sitting in before he left, still talking to himself. "Perhaps I should find you...just to insure that nothing is wrong." Just as he made the decision to go out in search of Fox, his ears detected the faint click of the door... Fox entered, finding the cat in the same spot he'd left it. He smiled as he approached the animal, then squatted down in front of it. The cat rose, butting its head against his chin, purring softly. "Well, my friend, we've been pardoned. But from now on, you must behave yourself. No more attacks on Jeffrey, is that clear?" His answer came in the form of a barrage of laps of the small pink tongue at his lips. He giggled softly, pulling away. "Hey, that tickles," he said as he rubbed at his mouth with the tips of his fingers. Lifting the cat and hugging it to him, he rose to his feet. "I was thinking of going into the village for a while. When I return, we'll have dinner, all right?" He placed the cat down on the chair, and walked to the door. Just before he walked out, he turned to once more look at his companion, who had twisted into an impossible position and was drifting into sleep. An uncontrollable smile lit his face, and he closed the door behind him. ******************** There was no smile as Fox returned from his trip into the village. For over an hour he milled about, stopping at this shop and that, looking for the mysterious green-eyed man, but to no avail. Finally, he gave up and headed for home. A soft meow greeted him as he pushed the door open. He looked down at his new housemate, breathing a soft sigh of relief. "Thank you for still being here." He dropped into the chair, patting his lap. His companion joined him without haste, sprawling comfortably across his thighs. "He wasn't there," Fox said softly, scratching the animal's head. "I may as well give up." The cat watched him intently for a moment, its tail lazily curling and uncurling. It then pulled itself into a sitting position and lifted a paw to Fox's chest. Fox gave it a trace of a smile. "What is it?" The animal sounded a low but insistent meow, and removed its paw. "I suppose that in time I will learn to recognize all your different sounds and gestures, but for now, I will just have to guess. Are you hungry?" He repeatedly ran his hand down the sleek back. "Jamira will be here soon with dinner." Seemingly satisfied, the cat turned around once, then curled itself into a ball and closed its eyes. Fox decided to follow his companion's example and let his head drop back against the cushion of the chair. He closed his eyes and in no time was hovering between sleep and consciousness. The knock on the door shortly after brought him back to full awareness. He picked the cat up and, carrying it with him, went to open the door. Dana smiled up at her friend, then at the bundle of shining black fur in his arms. "Hello, Fox." She reached out to scratch behind the cat's ear. "Hello, beautiful. How are you today?" She passed them by, allowing Jamira to enter with the evening meal. "Hope you don't mind, I thought we could dine together tonight." "No...no, of course not." Fox followed the women into the dining area and thanked Jamira as she silently placed the tray down and slipped back out the door. Dana went to him and took the cat from his arms, nuzzling her face into its neck. "I'm happy to see that you decided to stay. Fox is such a loner, you know. If it weren't for me, sometimes I think he would have no social life at all..." She broke off her sentence, and looked to her friend. "Have you named him?" "No..." "Well, what are waiting for?" "I...I don't know what to name him. I've never had a pet." "Hmm. Well, let's see." She sat and placed the cat on her lap. "What do you look like?" She smiled up at Fox. "His eyes are a beautiful shade of green. Like jade." "I actually thought they looked like emeralds," he said, a distant tinge to his voice. "I suppose, but Jade is a better name. Short...easier when you're calling him..." Fox shrugged. "It's fine with me if it's fine with him." Dana giggled. "Really, Fox, I don't think he'll have any objections. He's just a cat..." "A smart cat." A knowing smile crossed the woman's face. "I saw Jeffrey." She snickered softly and kissed the top of the black head. "Good boy." "Dana..." "What? Oh, he's a pain in the...well, you know where, and he deserved what he got for trying to attack you." "He's very troubled..." Dana rolled her eyes, rising from her seat to uncover their meal. "You are a very generous man, Fox. More generous than young master Jeffrey deserves." Fox ignored the comment, and the two sat down to eat. "So," Dana began a few bites later, "I assume you haven't seen him." Fox fed a morsel to the cat who sat beside him. "No," he said barely above a whisper. Dana looked on her friend with sympathy. "You'll see him again, Fox, I know you will." Fox shook his head slowly. "I don't think so." "Don't be so negative. Of course you'll see him. He's seen *you*, remember?" "What does that mean?" Dana grinned. "How could he look at that excruciatingly handsome face and *not* want to see you again?" Fox lowered his eyes and said nothing. "Goodness, Fox, don't look so dour. You should be enjoying your dinner...*and* your company." Fox looked down at the cat, and a tiny trace of a grin curved his mouth. "Well, he *is* good company." "I meant *me*!" He looked up into irritated cerulean eyes and burst into laughter. "Oh, yes, you're also good company." "Isn't this lovely? I'm second choice to a cat," Dana complained good-naturedly. "Tell me, Fox, when your mystery man shows himself again, which of them will hold the bigger place in your heart?" "Dana, if this man was interested in me..." "He is..." "You're assuming that his interest would be for more than just a moment's pleasure." Dana shook her head. She'd never known a man as beautiful as this one to be so humble. "Fox," she sighed, "no person who had a romantic interest in you would be stupid enough to settle for one night of physical pleasure. You've got so much more to offer, and if you two talked even for just a short time, he would know that." Fox fell silent, pushing his food around with one finger. He picked up a sliver of meat and held it above the cat's head. The animal sat up on its haunches and daintily picked the offering from his fingers. Dana said nothing more, allowing Fox to digest the things she'd said to him. When dinner was finished, they sat quietly discussing classes and their problem student for a while. When they'd exhausted all conversation, Dana stretched and announced that it was time for her to go. Fox walked her to the door, gave her a chaste peck on the cheek, and bid her goodnight. Once she'd gone, he walked back into the main room and dropped down on the floor, lying on his back. His companion was there in an instant, crawling up onto his chest and staring down at him. He stroked the cat's fur, enjoying the rumble of its purr against him. "So...Jade...is Jade all right with you?" Soft, raspy meow. "I'll assume that meant yes...what do you think? Could Dana be right? Is there any chance that I'll see him again?" Somehow, Jade's answering purr lulled and reassured him the way Dana's words could not. Before he could have another coherent thought, he found his eyes growing heavy and sleep quickly overtaking him. ******************** Fox wandered the perimeter of the same room he'd been in twice before. Waiting. Finally, he called out. //Where are you?// No reply. //Please...you must be here. Please come to me.// Still nothing. //I didn't want to go last time. I tried to stay, but the voices. They were so loud. Please. I'm sorry...// //There is no need to be sorry.// Fox spun around, his heart leaping into his throat as his mysterious lover came into view. He stood silently as the man slowly circled him. //Why do you look frightened?// //I...I'm not, I'm just...you startled me.// //But you were looking for me...you were calling to me...// //I didn't expect you to come.// //I cannot keep myself from you.// //I thought...// //Yes?// //I thought I'd done something wrong.// //Wrong? No, love, you made me feel so wonderful. The only thing that was wrong was that it ended far too soon.// He studied Fox through a slitted gaze. //I still see apprehension in your eyes.// //I'm sorry.// The other shook his head as he approached. //Please do not apologize. Just finish what you started last evening...// Their bodies were now touching. Then their lips. Teasing brushes of flesh across flesh. //I could feel the passion in you last night. It flowed through every pore in your body into mine...// Fox shuddered at his words. //You set me aflame, love, and left me smoldering. Please...finish. If you do not, I will surely go mad.// The stranger's words...and his lips continuously teasing Fox's, shook him to the point where word and thought were impossible. His arms clamped around the man before him, and their mouths fused, drawing a long, hungry moan from both. Suddenly finding that they were standing beside the bed, Fox sank down upon its softness, dragging his lover along to lie sprawled on top of him. His tongue thrust into the man's hot, sweet mouth even as his hips rose to press into those resting against him. He found the other as hard and ready as he was, and a thread of anxiety rippled through him. The stranger knew in an instant and set about putting him at ease. //You cannot displease me, my lover. It is impossible.// //But...I know nothing of this.// //I did not lie to you last evening when I said that your touch was magic. Trust yourself as I trust you, and together we will discover a whole new world.// Fox stared up into his eyes, captivated by their depth. The other man lowered his head and kissed a line along his jaw and up to his ear. His soft whisper resonated through Fox's entire body. //Love me.// With a low growl, Fox rolled over, pinning the man beneath him, and tore at this clothing. When the last bit of material drifted to the floor, he removed his own garments, pushing aside his surprise at being dressed this time, and dropped to the silks beside the other. His hands and mouth began a restless exploration of his lover's body, tasting and touching everywhere he could reach. The desperate cries he evoked from the other man excited him beyond reason and encouraged him to continue from where he left off the previous night. Slowly, Fox slid down the lean body, his tongue leaving a moist trail. He groaned softly as gentle fingers threaded through his hair, restlessly combing the strands. His head moved lower, and his palms stroked the long, well-muscled thighs as he finally reached the thick shaft that stood out from their juncture. He paused for a moment, listening to the pleading whimpers of his lover, then opened his mouth and took him in. The other's body bucked and shook as he sucked hungrily on the rock-hard shaft. His fingers dug into the clenching muscle of the other man's buttocks, squeezing the flesh and encouraging him to thrust into his mouth, which he did, feverishly. The whimpers turned to harsh cries, and Fox instinctively began to swallow the fluid that was now being pumped down his throat. His own excitement, which had been building, then bubbled up and spilled over, and he achieved his own mind-numbing orgasm. When both their cries had been reduced to soft moans, Fox released him and slid up over his chest. Gently, he kissed the trembling lips and tucked his head under his lover's chin. A pair of arms wrapped tenderly around him, and a soft, tired voice sounded, declaring undying love. ******************** Fox blinked in the early sunlight, finding himself in bed with no recollection of how he got there. Last he remembered, he was lying on the floor with Jade curled up on his chest. And he remembered the dream. The third in as many nights. Explicit in nature, so very strange and sweet, and it left him this morning with a craving for this man so intense he could taste it. He covered his face with his hands and moaned aloud. "This can't happen, it *can't*." He dropped his hands and found Jade perched beside him, staring. He scratched the cat's head and spoke to him. "I *cannot* go through life haunted by dreams of a man I will never have. I mustn't think about him." He blinked up at the ceiling. "I can stop. I have only to put my mind to it." Jade's tail twitched as Fox continued to speak to him. "Everything will be fine. I just have to forget I ever saw him." He closed his eyes, chanting to himself, "I can do it...I can forget..." A short time later, he rose and got himself ready to go to class. He said goodbye to Jade, gathered up his things, and left the little house. From amongst the pillows on the bed, Alexei stared in the direction that Fox had gone. "You will not forget me," he murmured. "I am in your blood like a fever, as you are in mine. A little more time, lord. And you will know as I do that we must be together." ******************** Almost three weeks passed, and Fox's endeavors to cease his obsession with the emerald-eyed mystery man became more and more maddening. The harder he tried, the more explicit his dreams became. And the more explicit his dreams became, the more he obsessed. He was traveling in a never ending circle with no visible exit. ******************** "Well, look what the wind blew in." Alexei grinned at his friend. "You behave as though you never see me." "No, not never, but very seldom," Daniel complained. "It has been four days since we've spoken. And your father is getting suspicious. Are you spending all this time with your human pet?" "He is *not* my pet..." A secretive smile crossed Alexei's lips. "I am his." "Sorry? Alexei, what are you talking about?" "Nothing...have you told my father anything?" "No, I promised you I would not. But it is getting difficult, my friend. He sees me without you far too often. He has inquired a few times as to your whereabouts, and I have managed to remain vague, but I see the way he looks at me. He knows something is amiss, Alexei, and I do not know how much longer I can hold him at bay. You must do something. This cannot continue." Alexei gathered his friend's hands into his own. "Thank you, Daniel, for continuing to help me. I need your assistance for only a little bit longer. It is time now for me to reveal myself to him, but I will still need some time to help him adjust." "You speak as though this is a sure thing. How do you know that once he knows who and what you are, he will *want* to adjust? He may bolt, friend, and you must be prepared for that very real possibility." Alexei shook his head. "I will not lose him, Daniel...I cannot." "He may think differently." "No...you do not know....you do not see..." "No...it is true, I do not see. But Alexei..." "No buts, Daniel. You shall see. Soon I will introduce you to my love, and you will see for yourself why I adore him so." The other man sighed and nodded. "I hope so. For your sake." Alexei displayed a dazzling grin. "Do not worry. I must go now. I will see you soon." Daniel watched his best friend leave, then looked into the sky, speaking up at it. "But I do worry, my friend. Oh, do I worry..." ******************** Fox walked through the village with purpose today, stopping only to take care of the business he'd come for. He'd given up on looking for his beautiful stranger, though the dreams and fantasies persisted, usually in vivid detail. He balanced an armful of books while picking his way through the swelling crowd. Not an easy task, as this particular section of the road was fraught with potholes and rocks. As he made it to the end of the road, Fox congratulated himself for managing to hold on to all his purchases. A few seconds too soon as it turned out. A herd of children thundered past him, one tripping over his foot, and in his effort to prevent the child from falling face-down into the dirt, his books tumbled from his arms. The child was sent on his way, then Fox bent and began picking up his items. As he reached for the last book, a hand came out of nowhere, grasping and lifting it from the ground. He rose to thank the person for their help and was stunned by a pair of deep green eyes. The world dropped out from under Fox at that moment, and everything in it ceased to exist. Everything but those eyes and the man they belonged to. He stood in utter silence, staring. He could not move, and at this particular moment, speech eluded him. Alexei stared back, searching Fox's eyes for any sign that the man might bolt as he did the last time they met. Deciding that he would rather not take any chances, he smiled gently and spoke up. "Good afternoon." Fox regarded him warily and said nothing. Alexei raised his hand, offering the book. "I thought that perhaps it was time that we introduce ourselves. I am Alexei." As if in a trance, Fox reached out, relieving the other man of his burden. Alexei cocked his head slightly. "You do not wish to tell me your name?" Fox opened his mouth to speak, but no sound would come forth. His teeth worried his lower lip, and he stood there in silence. The other man moved closer, speaking just above a whisper. "It is all right, Fox. You know I mean you no harm." Fox blinked and drew back as if scalded. The words left his lips in a rush of breath. "H-how did you know my name?" "May we go someplace else? Someplace quiet, and I will explain." Fox looked away, unsure of what he should do. "Please?" His eyes flicked back to the man's face and found such a sweet, earnest expression in those deep pools of green that he found the words 'all right' leaving his lips. A beautiful, warm smile graced the other man's lips, and he led Fox away from the busy area to a secluded spot, shaded by a small grouping of trees. Once they were alone, Fox turned to him and reiterated his question. "How do you know my name?" "You told me." Fox frowned at the man. "How could...we've never spoken before." Alexei seated himself on a large, flat rock and looked up at Fox. "But we have." The standing man shook his head, preparing to again refute the other's claim, but all at once he was not so sure. He inhaled deeply, telling himself that it could not be. His gaze fell to the ground, and he asked softly, "When have we spoken?" "The look on your face tells me that you already know the answer to that question." "But..." Fox's head began to spin. "No. It's impossible." Alexei smiled up at him. "Nothing is impossible. Let me prove that to you." "Dreams are only the workings of one's imagination." A look of distress crossed his face. "This is only...it's another dream. That's all it is." Alexei rose, shaking his head. "No. I can assure you, you are quite awake." "No, I'm not. You're not real...you always...I think you are, and then I wake up." "I *am* real. Touch me and you will see." Fox backed up a step. "It wouldn't mean anything. My dreams are all very vivid. Everything looks real. Everything *feels* real." His last statement garnered a look from the other man that made him blush. "But it is not. And if you will touch me, you will see the difference." Alexei stood immobile, watching and waiting for Fox to act. The only movement from him was the slow, steady rise and fall of his chest and the occasional sweep of his thick, sable eyelashes. After long minutes of silent debate, Fox inched forward, reaching out when he was near enough to touch the other man's shoulder. The material felt real enough, but Fox's doubts were far from relieved. Alexei remained still, allowing the other man to continue his cautious exploration. His lids dropped over his eyes as gentle fingers found his cheek, and he couldn't fight the urge to turn his face into the touch, softly nuzzling Fox's palm. Fox's breath caught in his throat at the sensations aroused by such a simple touch. All at once, the need for more was overwhelming, and he moved closer, irresistibly drawn to the body he'd come to know so well in his dreams. Both men trembled at the contact, and Fox leaned in, tenderly brushing the other's mouth with his own. The faint moan snapped him out of the sensual haze he'd become immersed in, and he backed away, staring wide-eyed into oceans of shimmering green. "Do you believe now that I am real?" Alexei breathed softly. "Yes," Fox croaked. "But...how do you know my dreams? I don't...don't understand..." Alexei looked up at the sky. "The hour grows late. You do not want to miss dinner with your friend." "How...how do you know that I am having dinner with someone?" "If I may, I will come to you tonight and explain everything. You have no class tomorrow, and we will be able to talk all night if it is your wish." Fox blinked, shocked by the man's seemingly extensive knowledge of him. The intellectual part of his brain told him that it wasn't so sure he should be doing this and that he should be very cautious, but the emotional part screamed loudly that he would regret it for the rest of his life if he pushed this man away. "Y-yes," he stuttered softly. "I think that may be a good idea." Alexei smiled and bowed from the waist. "Until tonight, then." Fox nodded but continued to stare, unable to take his eyes away, still harboring the fear that this vision before him would evaporate into a cloud of nothing. "I *will* come to you," Alexei reassured him. "When you are ready, summon me." Fox frowned in confusion. "How do I do that?" "Simply call my name. Do you remember it?" As if he would ever forget. "Alexei." Alexei shuddered as the sound of his name on his beloved's lips rippled over his nerves. "Yes, lord," he whispered. "Call to me and I will be at your side instantly." He began to back away. "Now...Dana awaits you." Fox nodded and reluctantly turned away. He walked a few yards and turned back for another look, but the other man was gone. His heart began to thud painfully in his chest, but he spoke softly and calmly to himself, and his pulse slowed. "It is not a dream. His eyes...the taste of his lips...it was real. *He* is real. Mysterious and strange, but very real." He rushed home, anxious to tell Dana of his eventful afternoon, and the first thing he noticed when he arrived was that Jade did not meet him at the door as he had every day for the last few weeks. "Jade?" Fox dropped his books down and wandered the house, calling the cat's name. As he came back into the main room, he noticed Dana standing in the doorway. "Looking for your cat?" "Yes. Have you seen him?" "No, I haven't." "He meets me at the door every day, but I can't find him anywhere." "Don't be so concerned, Fox. He's a cat. Cats like to prowl. He'll be back soon." "I know, but I sometimes think about Jeffrey. He threatened Jade once..." "Fox, that cat is a dozen times smarter than *Jeffrey*. He's fine. He's probably just found something that's caught his interest." Fox nodded, smiling. "You're right, of course. " "Well, *that* was easy." Dana's eyes narrowed. "And I can't remember the last time I saw you smiling. What have you been up to?" "Nothing, I just...Dana, I saw him today." Dana entered the house and sat down. "*Him*...oh! Him! Fox....tell me you spoke to him." "I spoke to him." She tossed her head back and shouted, "Thank you! And?" Fox cast his gaze toward the floor. "We're going to meet and talk tonight." Dana's eyes lit up. "Where?" "Here." "Well, why didn't you say so sooner?" She jumped to her feet and began to move to the door. "Where are you going?" "I don't want to be here when he arrives...much as I'd love to get a look at him." "No, no. He'll come after we're through with dinner." "But how will he know..." Fox shook his head. "I'd tell you if I knew." "All right...well, let's eat. I know how anxious you must be to uh...talk with him." Fox bowed his head to hide the furious blush he felt creep into his cheeks. "Dana..." "I know, I know. But I never *claimed* to be a lady. Now come, let's eat." Dana hurried Fox through dinner in record time, then with a joyful hug and a wish for a wonderful night, she made her exit, leaving him alone. He bathed and changed, and finally as night fell, he gathered up the courage to call to the one who had passed from his dreams to reality. "Alexei," he called only once, feeling terribly foolish. But he'd been so sincere that given time enough, Fox would have believed anything he said. Now he stood here in the middle of the floor, eyes closed, waiting. //For what? Do you really believe...// "I am here." The soft voice startled him, and he spun on his heel to find Alexei, looking exactly as he did in his first dream. Fox's lips parted as if to speak, but no sound would come from them. "I know there is much you do not understand, but I am here to answer your questions to the best of my ability." Fox found his voice, and his words came out in a rush. "How did you...where..." "*How* is not very simple to explain. I am not quite like you. I possess abilities that you do not. I can...appear and disappear at will. Move from place to place in an instant..." "You are telling me that you're a wizard?" "Of sorts." Fox shook his head in utter confusion. "This is very difficult, only in that it sounds so fantastic. But I swear to you, every word I speak is truth. I...I come from a race not unlike your own. We are alike in many more ways than we are different. Only these special abilities separate us." Fox studied him for long seconds, unable to detect any deception. He didn't know if he was more relieved or frightened. "What are you?" "Genie." And all at once his apprehension turned to amusement. "And you live in a bottle..." "Those are old wives tales, passed down through the generations. The only true part of those stories is that as punishment for serious transgressions, some genies are condemned to serve a human master for as long as our king deems necessary for proper penance." "Your king...you live under a monarchy?" There was hesitation in Alexei's voice as he answered. "Yes. We do." Fox watched his expression closely as he spoke. "You....you really are not lying, are you?" "No. I am not." "But...what...what do you want with *me*? I'm no one..." Alexei's eyes raised to his. "There you are wrong. You are *my* king. Absolute ruler of my heart and soul." "How can you say that? I've done nothing to warrant such devotion." Another smile flitted across the other man's face. "And there you have but one of hundreds of reasons why I adore you. Your humility is astounding. You are kind, intelligent, generous, patient...would you like me to continue?" Fox shook his head and lowered his eyes. "There is one more thing that I *must* add." Alexei approached, stopping when their bodies were just barely touching. "The first day I saw you, your beauty awed me. Today, I say that you are infinitely more beautiful than you were one month ago. And if you will allow it, I will spend every day from now until eternity as your obedient servant." "Servant?" "Yes, lord." Fox shook his head. "No....no, I don't want a servant." He rattled on before he could realize what he was saying. "I want...I want a companion. Someone to talk to, someone who will listen...a friend. I want..." he cut himself off in mid-ramble, and looked away. Alexei touched his arm, sending tingles up and down its length. "What is it that you want, lord?" Fox chewed on his lower lip for what seemed like an eternity, then looked up into the other's eyes. "A lover." A look of pure joy washed over Alexei's face. "This is what you wish of me?" "Yes," Fox rasped, unable to believe that he had said it but unwilling to take it back. "More than I wish to breathe." They came together slowly, embracing, kissing and tasting...sharing breath. They kissed endlessly, neither man wanting to relinquish the sweetness he'd found. But when Fox became vaguely aware of a change in his surroundings, he pulled away from Alexei's mouth, staring in mute shock at the very room he'd often dreamed about. "Is it just the way you dreamed?" the other man asked hopefully. "Yes, but...how did you..." Alexei gave him an indulgent smile. "Anything you desire, my treasure. Anything you have ever dreamed of...I can give it to you." Fox looked around taking in the elegance, then his eyes fell back to the man before him. "There is only one thing I truly desire." "Name it." He searched the other's eyes for a moment, then answered. "You." Alexei's heart swelled. "I am yours, lord. Body and soul." Fox lifted a hand to his face, tracing the line of his jaw with the tips of his fingers. They wandered over his mouth, making it tremble at the feather touch. "You really aren't a dream." Alexei shook his head, momentarily incapable of speech. Not breaking eye contact until the last possible second, Fox leaned forward, bestowing a single, soft kiss on the other man's lips. He hesitated for a moment, then deposited another kiss as tender as the first. He drew back and brought his hands to Alexei's chest, skimming his palms over the silken material of his robes. Slowly, he worked at the fastenings until the material hung loosely, baring Alexei's chest to his gentle touch. He listened to the labored breaths and frowned. "Are you all right?" Alexei laughed softly through his sensual agony. "I am fine. It is only that you arouse me so." "I've barely touched you." "Yes, but...your touch...it is like fire. It consumes me." As he spoke, Fox busied himself, stroking and kissing his chest. Alexei's eyes closed and a long sigh escaped past his lips as the other man pushed the material away from his shoulders and down his arms, letting the garment drop to the floor. He stood trembling, attempting to control his breathing, and tried to give Fox all the time he wanted to explore. Fox kissed one bronzed shoulder and moved slowly to Alexei's side, then behind, his fingers and mouth traveling the contours of his back, learning its length and breadth, committing to memory the scent and texture of his skin. As he continued to kiss and nibble at his lover's back and shoulders, Fox's hands wandered over his sides to his chest, caressing the warm flesh. Alexei tilted his head back and to the side, offering Fox his mouth, which the other man took without hesitation. His hands lightly covered those on his chest, and they moved together, flowing down over his ribs then back up, teasing his hardened nipples for a moment. Then slowly, he guided his lover's hands back down, pressing them against the solid bulge in his pants. His mouth fell open as Fox took things from there, teasing him to greater hardness. Fox took advantage of his lover's parted lips and swooped in, probing the smooth interior of his mouth. One hand came up to Alexei's head and pulled the turban away, allowing his hair to tumble free. His fingers combed through the long silk, then finally wrapped themselves in the strands, holding the other man's head still as he continued to feed on his mouth. Alexei's increasingly excited moans vibrated in his own mouth, and he unconsciously ground his hips against the other man's rear. Alexei broke from the kiss, panting as though he'd been running for miles. "Oh, my love...please...I beg you..." he continued to gasp as Fox trapped his body between his hands and hips, "...take me..." Fox froze, suddenly reminded of his inexperience. Alexei turned in his arms, writhing against him. "Please, do not tease me. I need you so." Fox opened his mouth to speak, swallowed down the lump that had begun to form, then tried again. "I don't...Alexei, I've never..." "It is all right." Alexei lay his head on Fox's shoulder and stroked his back soothingly. "Follow your instincts. They have done very well by you so far." "Are you sure?" The other man lifted his head and stared into Fox's eyes. "Look at me," he whispered in a strained tone, then rubbed against him. "Feel me. *You* have done this to me. I am *very* sure." Fox stared for a moment, lost in the turbulent sea of green, then his hands journeyed down to his lover's pants, undoing and pushing them down. When Alexei stood before him completely naked and gloriously erect, he began to shed his own clothing, letting the articles fall to the floor beside the others. Alexei reached out, tentatively caressing the golden-brown hairs scattered across his chest. "Truly, my jewel, you are more beautiful than anything in heaven or on earth." Fox shook his head and lowered his eyes. Alexei moved forward and slid his fingers through Fox's shoulder-length hair. "So regal," he murmured between steadying breaths, "yet so humble. How I do adore you." Fox raised his eyes and again met Alexei's gaze. He grasped the other man's hands and brought them up to his lips, pressing a tender kiss into each palm. He released them and laid a soft kiss on his lover's mouth, then his chin. Very slowly, he sank down to his knees, kissing and licking every inch of the way. Alexei sucked in a harsh breath as he cautiously nuzzled the rigid shaft that bobbed so invitingly in front of his face. He hesitated, gathering his courage, then opened his mouth and took the head in. Alexei's head fell back, and he moaned his pleasure, fueling Fox's confidence. He grasped the shaft at the base, taking a little more into his mouth. His tongue slid along the underside, then circled the flared head, prompting a choking sob from the object of his attention. "Please," Alexei begged, "oh, please..." Fox pulled away, licking the lingering taste of his lover from his lips. He rose to his feet and kissed the other man, backing him to the bed. Needing no prompting, Alexei let himself fall back onto the mattress, assuming a wanton sprawl. His eyes glittered up at his lover through half-mast lids. Shallow breaths moved past his parted lips, and he moistened them with a pink flash of tongue. Fox watched the other man writhe amongst the pillows, silently inviting him to take what he was offering. He drew two deep breaths, then lowered himself to his lover's body, feeling how perfectly they fit together. Alexei's arms came around him and one long leg draped itself over his hip. As they thrust and squirmed against each other, trying to get closer, Fox felt a coiling begin in the pit of his stomach, one that all inexperience aside, he knew was the onset of orgasm. He pulled away quickly, panting through clenched teeth. Alexei stroked his temple, murmuring soothing words. "I understand, love." He gently pulled Fox back down to him. "Easy. Do not move. Just lie still, and we will let it subside." His other hand rubbed the length of Fox's back as the other's breathing steadied. "Very good. That is much better. We will just lie here until you tell me you are ready..." Fox lay passively in his lover's arms for a while, soaking in the warmth of his tender caresses, then he began to move slowly, beginning with tiny kisses scattered over Alexei's neck and shoulders. The other man smiled, combing his fingers through the thick length of golden-brown hair. A tiny shiver passed through him as Fox's soft voice trembled in his ear. "Alexei...I want so much to please you. Please....show me." Alexei's fingers closed around the silken strands, and he pulled Fox's head up so that their eyes could meet. "With the greatest pleasure, my lord." One hand fluttered to the side, then came back and worked its way between their bodies. It encircled Fox's straining erection and began to stroke its length. Fox's eyes dropped shut at the feel of the slick coolness that enveloped him, then snapped open when all too soon, it was gone. He watched Alexei shift beneath him, then again grasp his glistening shaft. He bit down on his lower lip as the other man worked the head between the muscular cheeks of his bottom, and positioned it at the tight entrance. Alexei rocked slowly, giving encouragement. "Gently, love...push." He pulled Fox down to him, noting his hesitation. He stroked his back and planted loving kisses in his hair, providing needed comfort. "You will not harm me. Only earth shattering pleasure awaits us, lord. I promise you." Slowly Fox entered him, whimpering almost inaudibly with every tiny push. "Yes, beautiful Fox. Oh, yes..." Alexei thrust against him, giving gentle assistance. "We are almost there, love. Just a bit more..." Fox clenched his teeth until his jaw ached, trying to hold himself together. Thankfully, with only one more push, he was finally, fully embedded in his lover. He rested his head on Alexei's shoulder, gasping heavily. "You feel...so good, my Fox...as I knew you would. Rest, love. We are in no hurry." Fox clung to his lover, overwhelmed by the riot of sensations ricocheting through his body. He shook violently, and Alexei raised a hand to his back, quietly soothing him until the trembling abated. "There, now," he cooed, gently contracting his muscles, trapping Fox inside of him. "Is that good?" "Ohhh, yes....so good. So..." Unaware of what he was doing, Fox began to move slowly, fraction by fraction, pushing and pulling. Alexei arched his back, whimpering with joy as Fox became aware of his movements and began to thrust with more confidence, lengthening his strokes. Fox found his lover's mouth and fed hungrily, letting the moment sweep him away. Nothing in his life could ever compare to this heaven he'd found...the earth-shaking pleasure that one exquisitely beautiful, green-eyed man gave to him. He increased the strength of his thrusts, reveling in the impassioned cries of his lover, and again felt the tightening of his own body. Just as he was about to slow down, Alexei's hand grasped one of his own, lowering it between them. Both hands wrapped around the throbbing length of muscle pressed between their bodies and began to milk it gently. "Take...take us to the heavens...my love," Alexei pleaded breathlessly and removed his hand, sliding it up and around Fox's back to join the other. Never taking his eyes from his lover's, Fox increased the pace of his hand and hips, awkwardly at first, then with more finesse as he found his rhythm. Alexei matched him breath for breath as he thrust forcefully now, feeling his release building to the point of no return. As the explosion came, his head pressed back into the pillows, and he released a thunderous roar, shaking everything within the immediate vicinity. The sounds of his lover's pleasure and the feel of his muscles clenching around him sent Fox over the edge. Only a few more hard thrusts and his cries of satisfaction joined Alexei's. Exhausted and completely drained, he fell limply into the other man's arms, gasping for breath. Long moments went by as the two lay clinging wordlessly to each other, then Alexei shifted, allowing Fox to pull his hand from between them. As Fox did so, he simultaneously disengaged himself, breaking their connection. Both men moaned at the loss, and Alexei encouraged him to settle back on top of his chest. "Magic," he whispered, stroking the damp, golden-brown head. Fox lay silently, too weak to move or speak, lulled by the strong, steady heartbeat beneath his cheek. Before he could gather enough strength to speak, he was asleep. ******************** The insistent knocking at the door roused Fox from sleep. He buried his face into the pillows and moaned, not wanting to leave his beautiful world. But the blasted knocking would not stop, and his eyes opened. The first thing he noticed was that he was back in his own bed, in his own house. The second thing he noticed was that he was alone in that bed. He sat up quickly, glancing around. Had it really been all a dream after all? He thought back to the night before. The scent of his lover. The satiny feel of his skin...the sound of his passionate moans... It couldn't have been a dream, it couldn't have been. But where was he? Fox slipped out of bed and hastily dressed himself, then made his way toward the door. Dana looked up into her friend's face, noting the heavy eyelids and tousled hair. "Where you still in bed?" "Y-yes..." "Do you know what time it is?" "No." "It's after one. Fox, are you all right? Are you ill?" "No..." Fox turned and walked back toward the center of the house, looking around. "Then what?" Dana followed his searching gaze. "What are you looking for?" "Jade. I haven't seen him." "Since yesterday?" Fox nodded. "Well, if you're just waking up, you don't know that he hasn't been here this morning..." "That's true." "Now...let's get back to why you're still in bed at this hour. You say you're not sick." "I'm not." A faint smile crossed her lips. "Late night?" Fox spun to stare at her. "What do you mean?" "You said he was coming here last night. Did he?" "I told you that?" "*Yes*. You don't remember?" "Yes, I remember, but..." "But what? Fox, you're acting very strangely." "I'm sorry...it's just that...I wasn't altogether sure that I wasn't dreaming." "You told me...now did he show up here, or not?" Fox moistened his lips with the tip of his tongue. "Yes...he did. I don't..." he looked around the room. "..I don't know where he is..." One red eyebrow arched. "He stayed the night?" A slight blush colored his cheeks. "I thought he had." "You....*thought*." "Yes, I...I don't know why he would leave without even waking me." "Maybe there's someplace he needed to be. He'll come back." Fox looked around once more, then nodded. "So..." her eyes sparkled. "Was it wonderful?" Fox closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, but said nothing. "I'll just assume that meant yes." More silence. "I've been curious. How did he know when to come?" "I don't think you'd believe me if I told you." "Try it and see." "I...I shouldn't. Maybe after we talk some more." "Can you at least tell me his name?" "Alexei." Dana smiled. "Nice. Well, Fox, *Alexei* will return. Now...it's a lovely day. How about a walk?" ******************** "You had him." Alexei cocked his head. "Excuse me?" Daniel nodded. "You did. You had him. You have this look on your face..." "Would it surprise you, dear Daniel, if I told you that you were wrong?" "Yes, it really would." "Well, you are wrong...for the most part." "Meaning?" Alexei closed his eyes and tipped his face up into the sun. "He had *me*. And he was magnificent." "You are telling me that a *human* satisfied *you*? A human that you insisted was an innocent at that? What did he do to you?" "Love, Daniel, makes all the difference, and that is all I will say." Daniel spun around, turning his back. "*So* secretive. You never used to be this way, you know." Before Alexei could respond, another voice sounded. "Well, look who is here. My errant son." Alexei turned to face his father. "Good morning, father." "Where have you been, my son? I have seen so little of you lately." Alexei shook his head. "I have been around..." "Around where? Have you found yourself a companion? You look very...content." Alexei lowered his eyes and said nothing. The older man gazed upon his son through squinted eyes. "All right. I can see you are not willing to discuss it. But...when you have decided if she is worthy enough to bring before me, I will be happy to greet her." He nodded to Daniel, then left them alone. Daniel blew out a long breath. "Alexei....you must tell him..." "I *will*. Soon." "Not soon enough. He already believes that you are involved with a female. And that comment on your companion being *worthy* enough to bring before him...a thinly veiled threat." "I know that, Daniel." "Then why do you not seem to be afraid? *I* am terrified!" "He is your king, Daniel, but he is *my* father. He will be angry, yes, but for the sake of my happiness, he will get over it." "Oh, my friend, I do pray that you are right." Alexei grinned at Daniel. "Do not worry so much. Now, I must go." "So soon? For goodness sake, why did you bother coming at all?" "I had to leave him for a while. His friend was knocking at his door, and I do not know how he would like to explain me to her...if at all." "Her?" "Yes. She is his best friend and confidante. As you are mine." "Ha! You mean as I *used* to be! You do not confide in me anymore..." "I promise, Daniel, soon there will be no more secrets." "Yes...soon there will be only the mountains rumbling with Malik's rage..." Alexei shook off the comment. "I must get back to my love. I shall see you soon." And with that, he disappeared, leaving Daniel alone. The remaining man turned in circles, shouting into the air. "You did not even ask me about Suni and Jameelah!" He grunted at the answering silence and went off in search of the afore mentioned females. ******************** Fox returned from his walk with Dana, opening his door and finding a deafening silence. He sighed softly, closing the door behind him. No Alexei. No Jade. He used to enjoy his solitude. Looked forward to it at the end of the day, but since Jade had come into his life and he found how nice constant companionship could be, he didn't enjoy the absolute quiet as much. And now there was Alexei. His dream lover come to bone rattling reality. He had wanted so much to wake up wrapped in his arms this morning, but... He entered the bedroom, and his heart began to pound. Sprawled across his bed, perfect lips turned up into a soft smile, was the one he craved. "I have missed you." The quietly uttered statement rang in his ears and set his stomach to fluttering. He moved forward slowly until he was standing by the bed. "Did you?" Alexei rolled onto his back, arching his back and reaching out to caress Fox's leg. "Desperately." "But...why did you leave this morning?" The remaining hand stroked his other leg. "I did not know if you would have wanted your friend to find me in your bed." "You left when she came?" "Yes." Alexei twisted, flipping onto his stomach, then pulled himself up to his knees, wrapping his arms around Fox's waist, and rubbed his cheek against the other man's chest. Fox threaded a hand through his hair, petting and stroking the glossy sable strands. "I thought you may have left after I fell asleep." "No, love. Why would I do that? If Dana had not come to the door, I would have still been here with you." Suddenly, Fox clamped both arms around his lover, hugging him tightly to his chest. "Thank you." "Why are you thanking me?" "For being here...for returning to me...for...wanting me." Alexei's eyes sparkled in the sunlight that streamed through the windows. "I love you, my jewel. My place is here at your side." A sharp breath rushed past Fox's lips, and his mouth covered the other man's in a fierce kiss. They sank to the bed, stripping each other of their clothing, and made love with an almost frightening urgency. When at last they collapsed together onto the pillows in satisfied exhaustion, Alexei curled into Fox's side, delicately licking at the beads of sweat that rolled down the side of his neck. Fox smiled, moaning at the feel of his lover's tongue against his sensitized skin. "I didn't think that anything could be better than last night," he whispered to the other. Alexei kissed the curve of his shoulder. "Last night will always have a special place in our hearts because it was our first time together, but today and every day after will only get better. You were so much more confident today, and that confidence will only build as time goes on." He raised his head to meet Fox's eyes. "There are so many new pleasures awaiting us, my lord." Fox gazed up at him, bringing a hand to his cheek. Slowly, he traced a line down to Alexei's jaw, then over to his lips. "I want us to experience them all." A dazzling smile curled Alexei's mouth as he moved in for a kiss. "We will, love. Oh, we will." Fox broke the kiss and guided the sable head back down to his chest. "Alexei?" "Yes?" "Dana...my friend...is very curious to meet you..." "Is she?" "Yes. She is so very much like my sister...I don't want to keep you a secret from her...is that all right?" Alexei tightened his arms around Fox's waist. "If you wish me to meet her, I would be most happy to." "Good. I...I didn't know how you would react to having someone else know about you." "You trust her, Fox. And so I trust her." Fox kissed the top of his head. "Now...since we are on the subject, I also have a best friend who is more like a brother, and he is very anxious to meet *you*." "Really?" "Yes. Daniel cannot wait to get a closer look at the man who has taken up all my attention." "You make it sound as though he's jealous." "In a way. But he really does wish for me to be happy." "And are you?" Alexei scattered small kisses over his beloved's chest. "Deliriously." Fox fell into a contented silence for a time, then spoke again. "I think you and Jade would get along well...if I can ever find him..." Alexei chewed on his lower lip. "Jade..." "My cat. Well, I say he's my cat. He may not feel that way, but he certainly did seem to like me quite a lot." ".....He adores you." "How do you know?" Alexei hesitated, then pulled himself up to nuzzle Fox's ear. When he began to purr softly, Fox's head turned. He searched the emerald eyes, then gasped. "Nooo..." Alexei again began to worry his lower lip. "Are you angry with me?" "No, but...why?" "Because I wanted to be close to you, and I knew you were frightened. I could see it in your eyes the second time we met...are you sure you are not angry?" Fox pulled Alexei close. "How could I be? It's flattering to think that you wanted that much to be near me." He smiled and laughed softly. "It also clears up a few things." "Such as?" "Jeffrey...it really wasn't nice of you to claw him like that..." "*Jeffrey* deserved so much more than what I gave him. Honestly, Fox, I do not know how you can be so generous." "Thought that was one of the things you loved about me?" Alexei frowned. "It is. But he tried to attack you. He should have received much worse." "You sound like Dana. You two are going to just love each other." Alexei rubbed his head against Fox's shoulder. "I like her very much already." "Oh, yes," Fox chuckled. "In a way, you've already met...did you mind that I let her name the cat?" "No. In fact, I think she has very good taste." "So do I." Fox went quiet for a moment, then spoke again. "I'll miss him." "Jade?" "Yes." "He will still be with you in instances when it is not appropriate for me to be." He draped a leg over Fox's hips and snuggled against his chest. "And...if you would like, I can still wrap myself around you..." he strung a trail of kisses up his lover's throat. "...eat bits of food from your fingers..." Fox grinned and shook with silent laughter. "...purr whenever you touch me..." "Mmmm...." He reached Fox's ear and tickled the sensitive interior with the tip of his tongue. "I will answer to either name..." Fox pulled away reluctantly and looked at him. "I like that." "What?" "I like the idea of calling you by a name that no one else does." Alexei tucked his head under Fox's chin, a deep rumble sounding in his throat. "I have never been so happy." Fox wrapped his arms tightly around the other man. "I love you. I think I've known that from the first day I saw you, though I didn't know if I'd ever be able to admit it." "You do not know how happy it makes me to hear that," Alexei sighed. "If you please, lord...tell me again." Fox stroked Alexei's back. "I love you." The other man shuddered with joy, writhing against his lover. "So very happy." "I can't believe how easy it is to say. I have never been in love before. It was a frightening notion." "It *can* be a frightening and confusing thing. Especially for one who has been faced with the prospect of a forbidden relationship. I think you are coping extraordinarily well." Alexei raised his head and deposited a soft kiss on his lover's lips. "But then, my lord is an extraordinary man." Fox stretched up for another kiss, then let his head drop back to the pillows. "Why do you call me that?" "Because it suits you so well. Because...you have so completely captured my heart." His voice dropped an octave. "Because I am yours and yours alone." Fox's eyelids dropped with Alexei's tone. "Ohhh, love. The things you do to me with only words..." Alexei smiled, happy to have the information. He kissed the sensitive area behind Fox's ear, then whispered into it, "You are my lord and master, and I will devote my life to pleasing you..." One hand crept slowly over the other man's chest, teasing first one nipple, then the other. "Command me, master, and I will obey." Fox moistened his lips while attempting to control his breathing. He grasped a handful of sable hair and pulled Alexei down to his waiting mouth, probing the warm interior, and when he finally released him, he issued a hoarse command. "Take us to our room." And they were there, sprawled across their soft bed, Alexei stretched lazily over his body, stroking and teasing...gently rubbing their erections together until Fox began to whimper. "What is your wish, lord?" Eyes of glittering green and gold stared up at him, and luscious lips parted to allow sound to pass. "Take me, Alexei...my beautiful Jade. I want to feel you inside me." "Now?" Fox considered the question...not an easy task as jumbled as his thoughts were at the moment, then said, "No. Not...not just yet." He pulled his lover down to him, engaging in a slow, seductive kiss that left them both shaking. Alexei pulled away for a second then returned, recapturing Fox's mouth, feasting on its softness. Gently, he coaxed the full lips open and ventured inside, sliding over the smooth and ridged surfaces, teasing Fox's tongue into a playful duel. Fox moaned into his lover's mouth, tangling his fingers in the sable hair. Then, in a move that surprised the other man, he closed his mouth and sucked hungrily at the tongue he'd trapped. Alexei's hips bucked involuntarily, forcing their erections together and a clipped groan from Fox. "My love..." Fox murmured between frantic kisses, "..I can't...can't seem to get enough of you..." Alexei left his mouth, kissing and nibbling down his throat. He paused at the curve where neck met shoulder and sucked the flesh into his mouth, drawing a loud cry from Fox. He continued to suckle on the tender flesh, stopping a few seconds later. He smiled at the mark he left, then, gently soothed the small wound with his tongue. Sinking lower, he continued to nip and kiss the pale flesh. He worked his way over to one aroused nipple, flicking at it with the tip of his tongue, pleased at the sounds it elicited from above. After treating the other nipple to the same torment, he moved downward, his tongue leaving a moist trail. Fox's head rolled from side to side on the pillows, gasping for breath, but the request for Alexei to stop was not issued, and so he continued on. Lush lips parted and a sobbing groan escaped as Fox felt Alexei's mouth brush the tip of his erection. When he suddenly found himself fully engulfed in wet heat, he arched his back, nearly folding himself in two, and an anguished scream filled the room. "No, *please*!" Alexei pulled away and slid back up along his chest. "What is it, love?" "Too close," Fox panted, "too....I can't...can't...take me now, *please*..." "All right," Alexei whispered softly. "Shh..." Fox felt movement, then Alexei's hands under his knees, gently lifting, encouraging him to wrap his legs around his waist. As he did so, he felt the cool, slick sensation of his lover's fingers working themselves between the tight muscles of his buttocks. He attempted to control his respiration and listen to the words Alexei was speaking. "Relax, Fox. Relax your muscles....easy...that is better..." Fox sucked in a harsh breath as he felt one finger begin to stretch him. He forced himself to relax, and when he did, the pleasure washed over him in waves. His eyes fluttered and closed, and a long moan vibrated in the still air. The second finger turned the moan to a frantic whimper, and then he was clinging to Alexei, begging to be taken. "This is your first, my love. I do not wish to hurt you." "But...I need you," he sobbed, clutching at his lover's shoulders. Alexei slowly removed his fingers, twisting and turning them as he did, then grasped his erection with one hand and, steadying Fox with the other, guided it in fraction by tiny fraction. The man beneath him bucked and moaned, not satisfied until Alexei was buried completely inside him. Fox lay panting heavily, overwhelmed by the presence within his body. "Oh...my...my Jade....so...wonderful..." "Yes, love...you are." Alexei began to move cautiously at first, then with increased vigor as Fox's impatient cries for fulfillment increased. He thrust again and again, using long, deep strokes, and Fox shimmered in his arms, totally wrapped in his spell. "Oh...I...I'm...Alexei, *please*..." "Yes, lord. I know...I am ready too..." Alexei wrapped Fox's erection in his hand and began to stroke it in perfect rhythm with his thrusts. As Fox's head snapped back and a furious snarl erupted from his throat, Alexei exploded as well. His movement grew erratic as he lost control, then he collapsed onto his lover's chest, his loud cries reduced to soft whimpers. They lay motionless for a very long time, then Alexei stirred, rubbing his perspiration-slick cheek against Fox's, purring softly. Fox twisted to capture his lips in a tender kiss, then displayed a weary smile. "I wonder if anyone has ever died from too much pleasure." Alexei licked the curve of his ear. "I do not believe so...do you plan to be the first?" "Why die?" Fox laughed. "I'm already in heaven." All was quiet for a while, then Fox heaved a long, stuttering sigh. Alexei's head rose, and he looked curiously into his lover's face. Fox smiled and shook his head. "It's just difficult to believe that my life has changed so drastically in such a short period of time." Green eyes sparkled at him. "It is a good change, yes?" Fox tightened his hold on the man in his arms. "Yes. It's just so...unexpected." He stared into the gathering darkness, then back down at Alexei. "Where do you live?" "Not very far from here." The other man's voice softened to an almost inaudible pitch. "Very high in the mountains..." "Mountains?" "Yes." "I didn't realize that there were any habitable mountainous regions around here." "My people have made it so. It is a beautiful place, Fox. Lush and green...trees and streams...I thought it was paradise." "You *thought* it was?" "Yes. While it is still a wonderful place, my paradise is here in your arms." Fox closed his eyes and buried his face in Alexei's hair. "If I'm dreaming, please let me never wake." He gasped in surprise as the other man rolled them both, landing Fox on top of him. "You are *not* dreaming," he growled, grinning up at his lover, writhing against him. "Must I prove it to you again?" "Well..." Fox nuzzled the other man's throat. "..now that you mention it, I don't believe that I'm *quite* convinced." They made love again, Alexei giving up complete control to Fox, and when at last they lay exhausted in each other's arms kissing and snuggling, the moonlight had faded and shadows of the coming dawn fell across their bodies, painting them in a dull reddish hue. Fox tucked his head under Alexei's chin, luxuriating in the feel of his lover's warm body beneath him, and without a word, the two finally passed into sleep. ******************** "Fox....*Fox*!" One sleepy hazel eye opened and stared up at the small, worried face moving back and forth above him. "Hmm? What?" Dana stopped shaking him. "I was beginning to wonder if you were dead!" "What?" "Do you know how long I've been knocking at your door? Do you know what *time* it is?" Fox stretched, then both eyes snapped open, and his eyes flicked around. "I'm...uh...I'm sorry, no. What time is it?" "It's mid afternoon. Are you all right?" "Fine." "Fine? You don't look fine. You look exhausted, and..." An understanding smile curved her lips. "Was he here again last night?" Before he could answer, a small thump, then weight settling itself low on his belly, drew his attention. "He's back!" Dana squealed with delight. Fox's eyes shifted down to the cat who had just settled down on top of him, purring loudly. "Uh....yes," he said, trying to keep the grin from his face. "he is." "Hello Jade," Dana cooed. "Where have you been? We've missed you." The cat looked from her to Fox, meowing softly. "Do you think he may be hungry?" Jade continued to stare at Fox, his tail now swishing lazily over the tops of his sheet-covered thighs and crotch. Fox gritted his teeth, trying desperately to remain in control of his body. "I'm *sure* he is." "Well, why don't you get up and feed him?" "No need to get up..." "What do you mean?" "Hmm? Nothing. Uh...I will." The cat rose to his feet, picking his way over Fox's chest, and dropping down between his head and shoulder, rubbed his head along the man's jaw. Fox bent the leg closest to Dana so that she wouldn't see his burgeoning erection under the light sheet. "You know, Fox, I've had cats...I've known friend's cats, but I have never seen one so affectionate. He really adores you." Fox rolled his head to the side, coming face to face with his feline companion. "Are you having fun?" Jade stretched forward, licking Fox's mouth. Fox groaned softly and closed his eyes. "I thought so." He turned his face back to Dana. "I'm going to get up now..." His friend cocked her head, curious about the exchange. She chose to let it go for the time being and backed toward the door. "It's about time. Would you like to have lunch with me?" "I think that's a good idea. We need to discuss a few things." "You bet we do. You've ignored my question about your Alexei, but I haven't forgotten." "I know you haven't." Dana clapped her hands and disappeared from the room, calling out, "Hurry along! I'm very hungry, and so is your cat." Fox heard the door close, and he turned to face the man grinning down at him. "Did you enjoy that?" "Very much...so did you. Now..." He threw the sheet off, and fell on Fox's erection, sucking it into his mouth without haste. Fox arched his back, emitting a harsh cry. "You're trying to *kill* me..." The vibration of Alexei's moan sent a surge of electricity straight through him, and suddenly, there was no way he could hold back. He arched into his lover's mouth half a dozen times and exploded, sending a stream of warm fluid down his throat. Alexei swallowed greedily, lapping at the softening shaft when he'd finally sucked it dry. Fox sighed wearily, momentarily unable to move. The weight of his lover's body settling over his, opened his eyes. He blinked up at Alexei, moistening his lips before he attempted to speak. "You are magnificent." Alexei slid his tongue along the line of Fox's lower lip. "My lord is pleased, then?" "Pleased is much too mild a word...Will you join us for lunch? It really is time Dana met you." "Of course. If you like, I shall bring Daniel along so we might get this all over with at once." "Good idea." Alexei covered his mouth in a long, sweet kiss, then rose from the bed. "When you are ready, call to me and I shall return." Fox nodded, smiling softly up at the other. Alexei vanished and he shook his head, still amazed. He lay in bed for a few minutes more, then vaulted to his feet and set about preparing for lunch. ******************** Alexei sat back watching his friend pace. When he could take the silence no more, he spoke up. "Are you coming or not?" "I am thinking..." "You have *been* thinking. How much is there to think about? You said you wanted to meet him, so what is the problem?" "If your father finds out..." Alexei sighed impatiently. "My father again...look, Daniel, if you are so afraid, do not come." Daniel stopped pacing. "You would not even *try* to convince me?" "Why should I? It is not *that* important that you meet him." "But I am your best friend! How can you say it is not important?" "Easily. I would like you to meet him, but it is more important for you to do what you feel comfortable doing. If your fear of my father is stronger than your feelings of friendship for me, then by all means, do not come with me. The progression of my relationship with Fox is not dependent on whether or not you meet him." "Well no, of course not, but..." "I will not keep him waiting, Daniel," Alexei interrupted. "So I suggest that you make up your mind and do it quickly." Daniel paced for only a few seconds more, then made his decision. "All right, all right. I will go and meet your Fox. I only pray that if Malik finds out, he will be merciful and not relegate me to a lifetime of service to some ignorant, stinking human with aspirations no higher than those of a circus monkey." Alexei rolled his eyes. "Do not mock, Alexei. I still shudder when I think of poor Walter." "Walter?" "Yes. Strong, squarely built...balding..." "Oh, yes." Alexei hesitated, then raised his eyebrows. "Ohhhhhhh, yes." "Exactly. I do *not* want his fate to be mine." Alexei laughed softly. "You really do worry too much." "And you do not worry enough." Alexei merely closed his eyes and smiled. Daniel covered his face with his hands and mumbled into them. "So when do I finally meet him?" "Soon. He is so very beautiful, Daniel," he moaned seductively. "And he wants me. I cannot believe my good fortune." "Surely you are not surprised. Everyone you turn that smoky look on, *wants* you. "This is different. I have never loved any of the others." Daniel sat in front of his friend. "Above everything else, Alexei, this is what I find most difficult to believe. Do not take offense my friend, but...you *truly* love him? Are you sure it is not the fact that he is forbidden fruit that draws you so strongly to him?" "And when I am through amusing myself I will throw him aside?" Daniel raised his eyebrows and shrugged. "You simply do not get it." He patted his friend's knee. "But you will." Daniel studied his friend, dismayed by the look of complete sincerity. "This should prove to be a most interesting afternoon. Very interesting indeed." ******************** Fox opened the door and stepped back, allowing the petite redhead to enter. "My," Dana looked him up and down as she walked past. "Don't we look nice. I think black is your color." Fox cast his eyes downward, a bit embarrassed that his friend had noticed and commented. Dana observed the slight blush, and decided to tease him a bit. "You never take the time to look so handsome for me...is there something I should know?" "Yes." Fox paused, then began again. "I...I have asked Alexei to join us." Dana beamed. "Wonderful! I'm so anxious to meet him." Fox smiled nervously. "Dana...we must talk before lunch." "All right..." Fox guided her to a chair and waited until she was comfortably seated before beginning. Bright blue eyes watched the man pace slowly, then Dana cleared her throat. "I'm waiting." Fox continued to walk back and forth. "Dana...Alexei is.....different." The red head cocked to one side. "He's special..." "Obviously." "I don't mean it that way...well, I do, but...he's...he's..." "You're stammering, Fox." Fox dropped his head and exhaled deeply. "I know. I...don't know any other way to say this other than to just be direct." Dana nodded in agreement. "Do you believe in legends? In things you have never seen and cannot explain?" "This is direct?" "Dana, do you believe in the existence of magical beings...like genies?" Dana frowned. "The djinn? I've heard stories, of course, but...what has this..." "I can say it to you, Dana, and you'll only laugh at me, so..." Fox turned and walked to the center of the room and drew a long breath. "Alexei," he called softly, "will you join us, please?" Dana frowned, glancing around the room. "Fox, where is..." Her attention returned to her friend, and a small yelp of surprise escaped past her lips. There behind Fox, one arm wrapped around his chest and the other draped across his shoulders, was a stunning, dark-haired man. The man nuzzled the side of Fox's neck, prompting a soft sigh from him, then turned a smoldering green gaze on the speechless woman. "Dana...this is Alexei." He grasped the arm around his chest and reached behind him, threading his fingers through the other man's hair. He turned his face, and Alexei immediately met his mouth in a tender kiss. When Fox finally broke the kiss, both men again turned their attention to Dana. Alexei unwound himself from around his lover and stepped forward, bowing deeply. "I am honored to meet you. Fox speaks very well of you." Dana stared up at the man, still unable to respond. "Dana?" Fox moved past Alexei and squatted in front of her. "Dana, say something." The breath left Dana's lungs in a rush, giving her back the ability to speak. "What....*how*..." "That's what I was trying to tell you," Fox explained warily. "When I said that Alexei was different..." "You're telling me that he's...he's...." She looked beyond the two men to the one who was standing by the windows, staring wide- eyed at her. "And who...is he another one?" Fox followed his friend's stare to the other man, then looked back to Alexei. "I am sorry, I almost forgot." He held out a hand, beckoning his silent companion to come forward. "This is Daniel. He is to me as you are to Fox." Dana blinked up at the man who had taken three shaky steps forward, but said nothing. Alexei glanced from Dana to Daniel, and a small grin twitched at the corners of his mouth. "Daniel, would you like to say hello to the lovely lady so that she knows you are indeed capable of speech?" "H-hello," Daniel croaked, barely able to get the single word past his lips. "And this," he said softly, moving to the man who had now risen to his feet, "is Fox." He gazed adoringly at the man beside him and reached up to stroke the silky, golden-brown mane. Fox tore himself away from the magnetic stare and smiled at Daniel. "Very good to meet you." Daniel nodded, his eyes flicking from Dana to Fox, then back again. "Yes...yes, good to meet you also. Alexei has not stopped talking about you since the first day he laid eyes on you." "Well," Alexei murmured in Fox's ear. "It would seem that Daniel is quite enamored of your friend." Fox nodded. "But Dana is still in a bit of a shock." "I know. Do you think she will be all right?" "I hope so." Fox again came to squat in front of her. "Dana? Are you all right? May we talk about this over lunch?" "Oh...um...yes. Yes, I'm sorry. I...I'm all right. I..." she looked at the two newcomers. "You really are..." Alexei gave her an indulgent smile. "I will answer any questions you have over the mid-day meal." He stooped and offered his arm. "Will you allow me to take us someplace nice for a relaxing afternoon?" Dana glanced apprehensively from the man now at her side to Fox. Noting the encouraging smile, she daintily wound her hand through the crook of his arm and rose to her feet. The next thing she knew, they were in a great, cavernous room done in marble and gold, with billowing white curtains suspended from ceiling-high windows. Enormous plants filled the room, and in one platformed area, dozens of large, overstuffed pillows surrounded a low table upon which sat golden platters, overflowing with food of all types. Not even in the old master's house had Dana seen a feast such as this. Alexei stepped up, gently pulling Dana with him, and seated her comfortably amongst the pillows. He nudged Daniel, prompting him to be seated beside her, then he and Fox made themselves comfortable across from them. Dana's eyes quickly flitted from one thing to another, trying to drink it all in at once. "This place...the food....the elegance of it all is befitting of a king." Alexei smiled in her direction, then turned to Fox. "And does my lord approve?" Fox lowered his eyes for a moment, then looked back up into his lover's eyes. "Yes," he whispered, rubbing two fingers across the other's lips. Alexei's eyelids drooped, and he parted his lips slightly, allowing his tongue to inch out and touch Fox's fingertips as they passed. He then sat back against a mound of pillows and coaxed Fox to turn and lie back, settling his head in his lap. As he idly stroked his lover's hair, he smiled up at Dana and Daniel. "Come, let us eat." As they dined, Dana watched, fascinated, as Alexei plucked morsels of food from his plate and fed them to Fox. Finally she gathered up the nerve to actually speak. "I...I'm still having some difficulty understanding all of this. Forgive me..." "I understand," Alexei said softly. "It must be quite shocking to say the least. But I hope you *will* come to understand that I adore this man." He glanced down into Fox's eyes, then back over at Dana. "He holds my heart now and forever." "I can see that you are certainly smitten with him, but..." Unable to find the right words to express herself, she fell silent. Fox sat up, kissing his lover, then looked to his friend. "What do you want to say, Dana?" "I'm just concerned, Fox. A man with his...abilities...someone who can do things like this..." She swept her hand through the air, then focused an intent blue gaze on Alexei. "Don't misunderstand, Fox, but what does he want with an ordinary man?" Alexei smiled brightly and answered before Fox could. "You are very direct, Dana. I like you." He drew a slow, steady breath and released it. "Fox is anything but ordinary..." "But he's not like you." Another voice sounded, capturing the attention of the others. "My concerns were the same as yours." Daniel finally got far enough past his fixation on Dana to speak. "But Alexei's intentions are pure." He looked to the other man and smiled, shaking his head. "He is so madly in love with your friend here, he cannot see straight. He would never harm him in any way." Alexei locked eyes with his friend, a tiny smile curling his lips. "Thank you, Daniel." Fox looked from one man to the other, then leaned into Alexei, rubbing his head against the other man's jaw. Alexei wrapped an arm around him, and Fox smiled over at Dana. "I'm happier, Dana, than I have ever been. There's no need for you to worry." "Well." A bit of a smile played at Dana's lips. "It would seem that I am outnumbered. All right. I will trust that you are not simply toying with Fox." Alexei bowed his head. "I give you my word that I am not." "Fine. I'll accept your word..." she responded slyly, "..because Fox does, not because I'm a pushover for a handsome face." Fox chuckled softly, gaining a gentle squeeze from the man behind him. "You find that amusing?" "No. I just found it taking her rather long to notice." "It didn't take me long at all," Dana answered. "Your taste, Fox, is impeccable." Fox grinned, then returned his attention to Alexei. He wound his arm around the other man's neck, stringing warm kisses along his jaw. "My beautiful Jade..." Their lips met and the two men lost themselves in each other, completely unaware of the confusion and then shock that registered in Dana's face. "Who?" Fox broke the kiss, hearing his friend's screech. "Oh...uh..." Alexei buried his face in his lover's hair and began to laugh. Daniel looked at the three in utter confusion. "What am I missing?" Dana narrowed her eyes on the two wrapped around each other. "That's what I'd like to know." Fox looked up to his lover. "She really likes him, you know." Alexei smirked. "Yes, I know." "She's going to be upset..." "Upset about *what*?" Alexei grinned at her. "Thank you for a very nice name. I quite like it, and as you can see, Fox has taken to it as well." Dana's mouth hung open, and she gaped at her friend and his lover. Fox raised his hands in an act of defense. "I didn't find out myself until yesterday." "This is..." Dana raised a hand to her forehead. "..unbelievable comes to mind, but I hardly think it's really a strong enough term." "I'm still getting accustomed to it, Dana. It takes a while..." Dana turned her attention on the fourth in the group. "What about you? Do you have the same abilities?" Daniel stared, momentarily disconcerted at the woman's attention to him. "Um...well...yes...more or less." "More or less?" "With one exception, Alexei wields more power than any of us." Two pairs of eyes shifted to Alexei. Dana was first to speak. "Only one exception? Sounds as though you hold some position..." Alexei glared at his friend. "It is nothing. Some of us are simply a little more accomplished than others." Fox accepted the explanation without question. Dana, on the other hand, was more curious. She turned back to Daniel. "So in time and with some practice, you will obtain the same amount of power?" "I was not born with the same...capacity...that Alexei was. I will never be his equal in that respect." Dana nodded, casting a mildly suspicious eye from one man to the other. She said nothing more, and they finished their meal. Half an hour later, they all sat quietly, Dana and Daniel exchanging brief glances, and Alexei and Fox curled together, watching in amusement. "Daniel," Alexei called softly. "Perhaps Dana would like to take a walk. There is a lovely view outside. She may enjoy it." Dana looked hopefully at the man beside her. "Yes, I would very much like to take a walk." She looked back to Alexei. "I thought that this was all there was." "No. It is a whole house, and the grounds are quite beautiful." He turned his face into Fox's neck, kissing the tender skin there. The other man closed his eyes, glorying in his lover's touch. One more kiss, and Alexei turned away, again focusing on Daniel. "Take good care of the lady, Daniel." "Oh...of course." Daniel rose nervously to his feet, extending a shaking hand. Smiling, Dana took it and allowed herself to be pulled to her feet. Before they turned to leave, she smiled down at the remaining two. "Behave yourselves, now." "Oh," Alexei gave her his best serious face. "we will." She turned away, talking to Daniel. "Now why don't I believe that?" "They make a nice couple, do they not?" Alexei asked Fox, watching the two redheads walk away. "Daniel is quite taken with her." Fox laughed softly. "So I've noticed." He laced the fingers of one hand through Alexei's. "And if I didn't know any better, I'd think you actually sent them for a walk to be alone with me." Alexei emitted a small gasp and gave him a mock look of surprise. "Me? I would never do such a thing. That would be deceitful..." "Oh..." Fox pushed the other man back, falling on him the moment his back hit the pillows. "...of course. What was I thinking?" Alexei shook his head. "Truly, I do not know, but this much is clear. You have a most impure mind." "Strange thing is, I never had thoughts like this before until I met *you*." Fox pushed his lover's clothing away, baring his chest to an onslaught of ravenous kisses. "So I am to blame for *this*?" Fox's head rose, and he focused a sparkling amber gaze on the man beneath him. "Actually, I was giving you credit." A brilliant smile flashed up at him. "I see. Well, let us see how much more you have to credit me for." Quickly Fox rid Alexei of his clothing, then shed his own garments. As skin slid over skin, soft sighs echoed through the room, and the two men writhed together "We may not have much time," Fox moaned into his lover's mouth as he ground their hips together. "If Daniel brings her back here any time soon, I will turn him into a goat, I swear." Fox laughed at the threat. "Is that any way to speak of your best friend?" "When he may possibly lay waste to a very intimate moment with my beloved? Yes." "Well, in fairness to Daniel, this is not exactly the most private of locations..." "I suppose you are right." He slipped a hand between them, stroking Fox to a greater level of hardness while lubricating him. "Then by all means, lord...take me quickly." Fox sucked in a fast breath, comprehending the other man's meaning. Alexei positioned himself for his lover and trained a glittering green gaze on him. Fox sounded a soft growl and grasped Alexei's hips, pushing himself into the other man. "Yes, my love," Alexei groaned. "Quickly...before they return..." Only halfway inside his lover, Fox gritted his teeth and slammed home, pulling a loud cry from both men. He recovered and resumed his assault, driving into Alexei with short, brutal strokes. His desperate cries told Alexei that control had quickly hurtled well beyond his reach, and the other man took immediate advantage of the situation. "Harder, love. You...you will not harm me...please..." Fox bucked wildly into him, a scream making its way through his chest and up into his throat... ******************** Dana and Daniel walked slowly through a maze of trees, silently enjoying each other's company. Finally, Dana spoke up. "How long have you and Alexei been friends?" "A very long time." "I'm surprised. You two don't seem like you have a lot in common. He seems to be very much the aggressor, and I don't see that in you." "Alexei is very self assured." Dana grinned. "Alexei is very self *aware*." Daniel emitted an amused laugh. "And why should he not be? He is powerful...intelligent...handsome...but you know, since he has met your friend Fox, I have seen an amazing transformation in his attitude. He has always been the compassionate sort but aggressive in many ways. He has softened considerably. I have heard that love can work miracles, and I am witness to that. He truly adores Fox." "You're really convinced of that?" "Absolutely. Alexei has risked much for this man..." Dana quirked an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" Daniel bit his lip, silently cursing himself for this, his second slip of the tongue. "Well...what I mean is....um....he..." Mercifully, Dana's attention was drawn away by the echoes of a scream carried to them on the light breeze. The sound was soon joined by another, almost identical in urgency. She whirled in the direction of the place from which they had just come and started toward the sound. "Dana!" Daniel ran after her. "I do not believe you want to go back there just yet..." "Didn't you hear that? What if something is wrong?" "I do not believe anything is wrong," Daniel offered, trying to be diplomatic in his response. "Listen, I know what their plans were when we left them, but that was *screaming* for God's sake." Daniel blushed furiously. "Yes...I *know*. Please, trust me. Everything is fine." The small woman blinked up at him, then looked in the direction of the house. "Are...are you sure?" "Yes." "I....I've never..." she sighed loudly. "I suppose I still have a lot to learn. All right. I'll take your word for it. We'll give them a bit more time before we go back." Daniel released a relieved breath. "Thank you." "What for?" The man gave her a sheepish smile. "Now I may live." ******************** Fox lay panting on top of his lover, only vaguely aware of the hand that traveled lovingly over his back. He willed his eyes to open, but they refused to cooperate. Only the voice, soft and sweet, whispering in his ear kept him from slipping into unconsciousness. "Fox....my love....they may return at any time..." Fox groaned into Alexei's neck but did not move. "You know...if they found us like this, I would not be the least bit embarrassed. But then, I am shameless." Alexei smiled into his lover's hair. "You, on the other hand, may be a bit more modest?" Fox forced himself to lift his head and meet Alexei's gaze. "I don't know if I've got enough strength to get dressed." Green eyes twinkled up at him. "Did you enjoy that?" Fox growled in response, and the other man laughed softly. "I would love to take the time to bathe and dress you myself, but...in the interest of time..." Alexei waved his hand and they were both once more clothed, all traces of their previous activity gone. "There," Alexei brushed a few stray hair away from Fox's face. "Beautiful again." He leaned in, rumbling into the other man's ear, "Although you are equally appealing when you are naked and disheveled...and the perspiration is trickling down your magnificent body..." Fox squirmed in his lover's embrace. "How is it that you can satisfy me to the point of exhaustion, then fill me again with such strong desire only a short time later?" "I would like to take full credit for that sweet Fox, but I do think that it may in part have something to do with the fact that you are incredibly insatiable." "If I am indeed as you say I am, my love, I must again give all the honors to you. It is *you* I can't get enough of." Alexei fell back against the pillows, pulling Fox with him. "I pray you will always feel that way." Fox nestled against his lover's chest, pressing warm kisses between the opening of his robes. "Always." He lay quietly, stroking Alexei's thigh, Dana's words suddenly haunting his thoughts. Alexei felt the slight stiffening of Fox's body, and he slipped a hand under the other man's jaw, tilting his head up. "Fox? Is something wrong?" "No..." "Come, love. Tell me." Fox's gaze fell away from his lover's, and he began to speak, stopped, and began again. "I...I know what you said to Dana. I know what Daniel said, but..." A frown creased Alexei's brow. "But?" "How can you be sure that you won't tire of me? I am, after all, just an ordinary man." "Fox..." "May I ask you a question?" "Of course, love." "You've had many other lovers?" "...Yes..." "Of your own kind?" "Yes." "Am I the first human you've ever been with?" "Yes..." "How do you know then, that I'm not just a novelty? How do you know that in time you won't begin comparing me to others of your own kind and find out that I am sorely lacking?" Alexei tightened his hold on the man in his arms. "Never. Fox, listen to me. I *have* been with many others of my kind, and none of them...do you hear me? *None* of them could ever compare to you. You are far more superior to any of them. There is so much to you." The tips of his fingers slid over Fox's cheek. "More than they could ever dream of. I know that this has happened quickly, but I swear on my life, my love for you is true. *Please* believe me." Fox looked up, seeing a combination of love and anxiety swirling in the deep green depths of his lover's eyes, and his heart leapt. He wound his arms around Alexei's neck and hugged him tightly. "I believe you." They lay wrapped in each other's arms, kissing and caressing until Dana and Daniel returned. At the sound of the others' deliberately loud conversation, they rose into a sitting position and watched as their companions entered the room. "Did you have a pleasant walk?" "Yes, Alexei," Daniel smirked. Dana studied them intently. "Did you two enjoy *your* time together?" "Very much," Alexei answered softly, stroking the back of Fox's head. Fox merely smiled and lowered his eyes. "Well, as illuminating as this afternoon has been, I think it was time I returned home." Dana turned her focus on Fox. "Are you coming?" "Oh...uh..." Fox looked from Dana into the pleading eyes of his lover. "No, I don't..I don't think so. I will be in class on time tomorrow." Dana nodded. "All right, well..." Daniel stepped forward quickly. "I will see you home." He breathed a sigh of relief at Dana's accepting smile. Both men rose to their feet, and Alexei took her hand. "Thank you for your company, beautiful lady. And thank you for your trust." He kissed the back of her hand, then released it. Dana eyed him warily. "Thank you for lunch. Fox, I will see you tomorrow." She turned away, then stopped. She pivoted, stared long and hard at Alexei, and shook her head. "I'm sorry, but...honestly, *you* are Jade?" A soft chuckle was all the response she received before Alexei vanished and the familiar black cat stood at Fox's feet, rubbing itself against his leg. A tiny, surprised cry escaped Dana's throat, and Fox smiled, holding his arms out to the cat, who immediately leapt into them. "Fantastic," Dana uttered breathlessly as she watched the cat settle into the crook of Fox's arm, purring loudly. Fox lovingly stroked the glistening fur and directed his attention to his friend. "Do you believe now?" Dana closed her eyes and reopened them as if doing so would change what she'd seen. But still, the vision remained. "What choice do I have?" she finally answered. "The evidence is right here in front of my eyes." She shook her head briskly and smiled. "I really must be going. Have a good night, Fox." She looked down at the cat in his arms. "And goodnight to you, Jade....Alexei...whoever you are." She took Daniel's arm, and they were gone. The cat jumped from Fox's arms and Alexei returned. "Do you think she will come to truly accept me?'' Fox turned to press his body against the other man's. "Yes. She's a bit overwhelmed." He smiled "*I'm* still a bit overwhelmed...she likes you. I can tell." Alexei grinned. "She certainly likes Daniel. And one would have to be blind not to see that Daniel likes *her*. I thought he was going to stumble over his own tongue at least a dozen times." "Well," Fox said, changing the subject, "you wanted me to stay, and here I am. Have you got something special planned for the rest of the day?" Green eyes glittered with a mixture of humor and lust. "Yes, I do." "And what would that be?" "Would you care to take a walk with me? The grounds really are lovely." Fox regarded him with narrowed eyes. "All right..." Linking hands, they left the house and walked out into the gentle light of the waning day. Fox looked around, taking in the view before it would become shrouded in darkness. Trees and flowers surrounded them. Such pristine, sparkling color. He'd been for the most part deprived of such lushness, but such was the life of a desert dweller, and he'd known little else. The faint gurgling of water captured his attention, and he gravitated toward it, Alexei following behind. Alexei watched, tremendously pleased as Fox dropped to his knees by the stream, drawing a hand through the cool water. He knelt beside his lover and placed a hand on his shoulder. "This is very much like my home...it could be *our* home..." Fox looked to him, momentarily speechless. Then, "I...Jade, I could not leave my children. There is no one else to teach them." "I understand. I would not ask you to give that up. But when you are not in the classroom, you could be here. We could be." "You would leave *your* home to live here with me?" "No place is home if you are not there." Fox searched his eyes, slowly and methodically chewing on his lower lip. The longer Fox stared, the more unsure Alexei was that he would agree, but when the other man moved forward, gently pushing him to the ground, his doubts began to ease. Fox lowered himself to his lover, draping himself over Alexei's body. He wrapped his arms around the other's torso and tucked his head under his chin. "I would love to live here with you," he finally answered softly. "But I must somehow maintain a presence there, or my employer will become suspicious." "That is not a problem," Alexei assured him. "You can be there in an instant if it is necessary." Fox thought on the offer for a minute more, then looked around. He scanned all his eyes could see, then they came to rest on the man beneath him. "Our home?" he asked softly. "Yes, my lord," came the equally soft answer. A wide grin spread across Fox's face. "Yes," he whispered. "Yes, I'll live here with you." Dark lashes swept down, for a moment hiding the deep green pools behind them. Then they rose to reveal a moist glaze. There was the slightest tremor in his voice as he spoke. "I have not the words to tell you how happy you have made me." Fox laid his hand to his lover's cheek and brushed his thumb across the full lower lip. "Words are not necessary." He lowered his head and let his tongue follow the path that his thumb had just taken. "Just show me." A soft rush of breath was all he heard before Alex's lips found his and he was rolled onto his back. As he feasted upon Fox's lips, Alexei's hands wandered over his body, expertly disrobing him. His fingers followed the length of bone and muscle, stroking and kneading, pulling more than a few impatient whimpers from the one beneath him. He broke the kiss, dragging his mouth over Fox's chin and down his throat, pausing at the base to nibble the sensitive skin there. The feel of Fox's hands clenching in his hair drove him to bolder action. Alexei moved to the curve of his shoulder and bit down gently, loving the taste and feel of the muscled flesh in his mouth. Fox groaned, rubbing his cheek into his lover's hair. He felt Alexei's lips close over the area he'd been biting, then the addition of a moderate pressure that made him wince. He tightened his hold on the other man, his body involuntarily writhing and arching, making the extent of his desire well known. A tiny sucking sound could be heard as Alexei released his prize, then lapped tenderly at the reddened patch of skin. He continued on his downward path, tasting and teasing, taking note of any newly discovered ticklish spots and gauging the intensity of Fox's moans of pleasure. He paused briefly at his lover's navel, the tip of his tongue flitting in and out of the small hollow, then moved on toward the flushed length of rigid muscle standing proudly from the thatch of dark curls. Fox bucked, hissing at the first sizzling touch of his lover's tongue on his erection. He fought to remain still as Alexei...his beautiful Jade, worked his magic. Softer than the flutter of a butterfly's wings, Alexei's practiced tongue moved over the velvety shaft, sending tiny ripples of pleasure through his lover's body. "Please..." Alexei nuzzled the swollen head, then looked up into passion- darkened eyes. "You said something, love?" Fox took a long, stuttering breath, then restated his request. "Please. I feel like I'll go mad if you don't relieve this ache soon." Alexei flashed him a wicked grin. "A little madness never hurt anyone." Fox released an agonized groan and let his head roll to one side. "Patience, my jewel. I promise you, you will not regret it." Alexei rose to his feet, holding Fox's passion-glazed eyes as he slowly stripped away his own clothing. As the last piece of material sank to the ground, so he did, kneeling beside his lover's hip, drinking in the sight of Fox stretched out before him like some sort of erotic offering. The urge to touch him made Alexei's hands tremble, but he held his desire in check, instead focusing on driving Fox to the brink of insanity with nothing more than his words. "You are so very beautiful, my love. The very sight of you sets my blood afire." His fingers drifted above Fox's mouth, just millimeters from the swollen flesh. "One taste of your sweet lips and I want to devour you..." Fox twitched and moaned, responding as if to some passionate caress. "Alexei, please...I need you so..." "No more than I need you." His hand moved downward slowly, always hovering just above Fox's heated skin but careful never to make contact. "Every time I take you, it is like being caught between heaven and hell, and you are both my angel and the demon who torments me." He leaned in and murmured into Fox's ear, creating a teasing vibration that resonated all through his body. "I love you as I have never loved any other, and your innocence brings forth in me a gentleness I had not known I possessed. But then you turn your smoky gaze on me, and I come undone..." Fox squirmed beneath his lover, attempting to make the tiniest bit of contact, but Alexei stayed just out of his reach. "...The way the colors in your eyes swirl and change with your mood. So much turbulence...so much passion. They challenge me to take what I want and dare me to give you all that you need, and to hell with gentleness..." Fox's breaths now came in ragged gasps, and Alexei watched his hands clench in the grass he lay upon, tearing out great clumps of green. "I see it," he taunted softly. "The wildness. It is there in your eyes...your touch..." His head moved, his nose and mouth almost brushing Fox's jaw. "I smell it on your skin..." Fox whimpered frantically, half mad with desire for this man who insisted on torturing him so mercilessly. He reached up, attempting to wind his arms around Alexei's neck, but the other eluded him easily. "When we are apart," Alexei went on, letting his breath flow over Fox's mouth, "I often immerse myself in fantasy to pass the time. Would you care to hear about some of them?" He swung to his hands and knees, straddling his lover's body. "Or would you prefer to act them out?" "Yes," Fox choked, "please..." "I have a favorite," Alexei moaned, rocking back and forth, simulating the sex act. "Unfortunately, we are already disrobed. No matter. We can take it from the point where *after* we rip each other's clothing to shreds, we mate as a pair of tigers would...brutally...biting and scratching...growling..." Fox's eyes dilated to near-blackness, triggering an answering spark of triumph in Alexei's. He reached up again, this time successfully catching his lover's head in his hands. His fingers tightened in the sable hair, and he dragged his prisoner down, flipping him onto his back. Before Alexei could take a breath, Fox was over him...on him, fiercely possessing his mouth as one hand held his head anchored to the ground. The other hand moved restlessly, stroking and squeezing every inch of flesh it could reach, and when the hands at his own back began to answer in kind, any control which he'd possessed withered and died, and he broke from his lover's mouth, sliding downward, biting and sucking, leaving small marks of possession everywhere he touched. As he moved over Alexei's chest and latched onto one constricted nipple, a tortured growl rose into the air. The growl turned to a shriek as he felt teeth close around the hard peak and pull. His lover's harsh cries sent a surge through Fox's body, and instead of letting go, he increased the tension and shook his head from side to side. The fingers digging painfully into his shoulders did little to dissuade him from his course. He pulled back, letting his teeth drag along the throbbing nipple, then assaulted the other in the same manner, but before he could get a firm hold, Alexei suddenly bucked, knocking him off balance. Together they rolled, each struggling for control. As Alexei landed on top of Fox, he went on the attack, sinking his teeth into the side of his lover's neck. As Fox fought against his possession, he snarled, refusing to relinquish control and daring the other man to take it from him. More than up to the challenge, Fox lifted his head and closed his teeth over the muscles of Alexei's shoulder, applying brutal pressure there, his ferocious growls vibrating against his lover's skin. The action distracted the other man's attention just long enough for Fox to regain control, shoving Alexei off of him and pinning him face-down to the ground. He plunged the fingers of one hand into the perspiration-dampened hair, holding Alexei's head down while he hooked his free arm under the other man's hips and jerked him to his knees. Alexei trembled in anticipation as Fox grasped his own erection and worked it past the tense muscles of his buttocks and to the tight ring hidden between them. He pushed forward slowly, the tip of his engorged shaft stretching his lover, then all at once he surged forward, wrenching a loud cry from them both. The surprise of a slick, relatively easy entrance registered only fleetingly as Fox plunged in to the base, then immediately withdrew and thrust forward again. Soft mewling growls gurgled up from Alexei's throat as his lover pushed into him with increasingly brutal lunges. Each completed thrust was accompanied by a harsh cry, and Alexei's body throbbed in matching rhythm. He managed to wrench his head from Fox's grasp and pulled himself up on his hands, giving himself more leverage. Quickly, he rocked against his lover, pushing them closer to the edge. Fox clamped one hand on Alexei's shoulder and the other at his hip, seeking to control his movements. Using short, hard strokes, he rammed into him, his barely maintained rhythm quickly turning to chaos as completion neared. He leaned over Alexei's back, one hand wrapping around his chest and the other closing around the swollen shaft that hung heavily beneath him. Any remaining shreds of control lost, they began to thrash against each other as Fox jerked the throbbing length of muscle in his hand. His body shook violently, and as the scream bubbled up in his throat, he turned his face into the curve between Alexei's neck and shoulder, biting into the flesh there. As a sudden warm, wet, but completely alien taste invaded his mouth and Alexei's roars shook the earth around them, he exploded and the scream escaped, the sound rising into the air to meet his lover's. He shot hot and hard into Alexei's quivering body, then both men slumped to the ground. Fox lay on Alexei's back, intermittent shivers running through him, and that taste still strong in his mouth. He gathered the strength to open his eyes, and realized with horror, that his love was bleeding. He gasped and slid off of the other man, staring in shock at his shoulder. "What have I done? Alexei...I'm..." Alexei blinked slowly, turning his head to see the look of panic on his lover's face. He rose, wincing at the discomfort in his shoulder, then looked down and saw the cause of Fox's distress. He turned to face Fox completely, intent on comforting him, but before he could say a word, another gasp tumbled from Fox's lips. He followed his lover's wide-eyed stare to his chest to find three scratches running horizontally, one of which was also trickling blood. He looked up and reached out to his stricken Fox. "Do not be distressed, love. It is all right." "How can you tell me that?" Fox choked. "Look what I did to you." He raised the back of his hand to his mouth, preparing to swipe at the lingering traces of blood, but Alexei quickly stopped him. "Give yourself up to it, my love. Let go of the thought that you have done something wrong, and admit to yourself that it is an exhilarating feeling. You unleashed the animal within yourself, and it felt *good*." He moved closer and lapped at one corner of Fox's mouth, then pulled back slightly, licking his own lips. "Look at me. Look at what you've done to me and tell me that you do not gain at least some tiny shred of satisfaction." Fox shook his head uncertainly. "I...I've wounded you...it may even leave permanent scars..." Alexei nodded and moved in again. "If I wish it to...and I do." "Why?" He hovered near Fox's lips but did not touch them. "Because they are your marks," he purred. "They will be an eternal reminder that I am yours." Fox stared into his lover's eyes, mesmerized by his words and the tone in which he spoke them. He allowed Alexei to gently push his head forward and down, guiding his mouth to the wounds at his chest. Unable to refuse his lover's silent request, he hesitantly touched his tongue to the thin line of blood and quickly withdrew it. Alexei held his head in place, tenderly stroking his hair as his tongue ventured out again, lingering a little longer before again withdrawing. A third time, longer still, and then he was licking hungrily, removing all traces of blood from Alexei's chest. When he was done, Alexei pulled his head back up, and they kissed, sharing the coppery taste. He drew back a short time later and smiled. "You see?" he asked triumphantly. Fox growled softly, rising to his knees and moving behind Alexei. His mouth came down on his lover's shoulder, and he sucked at the already closed wounds, cleaning away the drying patches of red. Alexei rubbed his head against Fox's as the other man completed his task, rumbling contentedly. Fox moved in for another kiss when he'd finished, and Alexei leaned back, pulling his lover with him to lie in the grass. They lay kissing and nuzzling each other for a while, then Fox rested his head atop Alexei's chest and closed his eyes. "My precious jewel," Alexei whispered into his hair. "How I do adore you." In response, Fox wound his arms around his lover and hugged him tightly. Alexei stroked his back as the two lay quietly, listening to the gentle ripple of the stream. Soon after, both drifted into sleep. ******************** Fox opened his eyes to darkness, briefly disoriented, but the comforting thump of his lover's heart put him at ease. "I would say good morning, but we are a few hours away from that still." The soft voice made him raise his head. The faint sparkle of Alexei's eyes could be seen, and he smiled down in their general direction. "Have I been asleep that long?" "A while." "Why didn't you wake me?" "You were sleeping so peacefully. I could not bear to wake you." Fox leaned down, laying a kiss on what turned out to be Alexei's collarbone. "Why didn't you just..." he laughed softly, snapping his fingers, "...take us there?" He felt his lover shrug. "I like it out here. I like the sound of the water." "Oh. Do you want to stay?" "If you wish to. If not, we can go to our bed." Fox went silent for a moment, then spoke up. "As much as I like it out here, I think I'd like to wake up with you for the first time in *our* own bed." Almost the instant he finished speaking, they were lying in the softness of their bed. Fox shook his head, blinking quickly. "I don't know if I'll ever get used to that." Alexei moved over his lover, settling himself on his chest. He tucked his head under Fox's chin, sighing contentedly as the other man wrapped him in his arms. "Of course you will. Soon you will not even think about it." Fox laughed. "My lover appears and disappears at will. He transports us from one place to another in the blink of an eye. He turns himself into a *cat*, and then tells me that I'll get used to it. Now why don't I think so?" Alexei lifted his head, his eyes twinkling in the dim light of the few candles scattered throughout the room. "You will. I promise you. And now my lord must rest. You must teach your class tomorrow, must you not?" "Yes." "Then sleep." He resettled his head under Fox's chin. "I will wake you in the morning." Fox lay staring up at the ceiling for a time, then called softly to his lover. "Jade?" Alexei's mouth curved into a half smile, and he rubbed his face against Fox's chest. "Hmm?" "Does it hurt much?" "What? Oh...no, love. I have a bit of discomfort, but that is all. And before you begin to fret about that, I am enjoying every tiny throb." He chuckled softly. "A gift of love from my sweet Fox." Fox shook his head, hugging Alexei tighter to him. He kissed the top of his lover's head and closed his eyes. ******************** Alexei paced slowly, reviewing the staff. Satisfied with his choices, he began to dole out instructions. "You have been chosen from amongst my servants for your unwavering loyalty to me and the outstanding performance of your duties. You will now perform those duties in this house. Any questions or problems will be addressed to me. The master is not to be disturbed with trivial matters..." A couple of the servants looked from one to the other, then one spoke up hesitantly. "But...my prince...are *you* not the master?" "You are to serve me as well, and I will oversee all household matters, but no, I am not the master. He will be home later, and you will all meet him. Any other questions?" The same young woman spoke up again, confused at Alexei's revelation but unwilling to question him further on the matter. "Will...will you choose which of us is be his personal servant?" Alexei fixed a steady gaze on her. "That is my privilege." This time, the girl could not keep her surprise to herself. "You...it is not seemly for our prince to perform such duties. It is the responsibility of the servants to draw the master's bath and serve his meals..." "I understand your concern, Ali, but service to my lord is my responsibility...and my deepest pleasure. That is, of course, not to say that you will not obey his slightest command should he issue one to any of you. And one more thing. None of you are to refer to me as my prince, sire, or any of the terms you usually use." The staff regarded him in confusion, but no more questions were asked. They were dismissed, and Alexei retreated to their spot by the stream to wait for Fox's return. ******************** Class drew to a close, and before the boys left, they stopped to ask Fox if he might please bring his cat back one day. Fox smiled, looking from the small group of boys to their older brother who stood glaring in the doorway. "We shall see," he answered softly. "The last time he was here, things did not exactly go smoothly." "But it was not his fault!" the youngest wailed. "It was Jeffrey's fault. He *made* Jade attack him." "Whatever the cause, Jeffrey was injured, and we can't have that. If Jade promises to behave, maybe I'll bring him back to see you soon." "How can a cat promise you anything?" Jeffrey glowered from just outside the room. "He is nothing more than a stupid animal! And if I see him again, I will gut him and hang his hide on my wall!" The small boy lunged at his brother, but Fox quickly wrapped an arm around him and lifted him off of the floor. "You will not harm him," he waved his little fists, threatening his eldest brother. "You will not!" Fox held onto the child, softly shushing him. "Don't worry, Amir. There is no way that Jeffrey can hurt Jade." "You think not?" Jeffrey huffed. "Let him cross my path, and we shall see." With that, he stormed off, leaving Fox to deal only with the agitated little one. "He will do as he said," Amir cried as Fox set him down. "If he gets his evil hands on Jade..." "He will not," Fox assured him. "Jade is too smart to be caught by Jeffrey. No harm will ever come to him." The boy settled down a bit, then began to smile. "It is true that Jade is a very smart cat. Smarter than that horse's ass." "Amir..." "Well," the boy pouted, "that is what Father calls him." "That doesn't mean that you should. Your brother is a very troubled young man. You should try to be kinder to him." "But...but he's so mean to all of us! *Why* should we be kind?" "Because..." Fox sighed. "The meaner a person is, the more insecure they are. Maybe if someone was kind to him, he wouldn't feel the need to lash out at everyone. Do you understand?" "Yes, but it is so difficult to be kind to someone when they are pushing your face down into the sand..." Fox laughed and ruffled the boy's hair. "Go on now, and join your brothers. It's almost dinner time. Amir ran past Dana, shouting a greeting as he disappeared from the classroom. "Well, good afternoon." Fox smiled at his friend. "How was your day?" "Fine. I wanted to string Jeffrey up from the highest tree, but that's hardly news. How was your evening?" Fox blushed furiously as he recalled the events of the night past. He lowered his eyes, giving Dana a tiny, secretive smile. "It was very nice." "Very nice," she repeated. "That look on your face tells me it was a lot more than *very nice*." Fox gave no response. "All right, fine. Don't tell me. I suppose I'll just have to come to my own conclusions." Fox took the opportunity to change the subject. "What do you think of Daniel?" Dana gave him an impatient glare, then answered his question. "I like him. He is very nice, if just a bit awkward." "Alexei and I discussed that this morning. He says that Daniel was quite taken with your beauty, and it made him a bit nervous. He will be more self assured as he comes to know you better...assuming you *want* him to know you better." Dana grinned. "I suppose I wouldn't mind that. Well...would you like to have dinner with me? Or have you got plans with your handsome genie?" Fox pulled out a chair and motioned for Dana to sit. "Dana...something happened last night..." Dana gave him a concerned look. "What?" "Alexei asked me to live with him in the house we visited yesterday." Blue eyes opened wide. "And what was your answer?" Fox broke into a grin. "I said yes." Dana stared in shock for a moment. "What...what does this mean? Are you.." "I will continue to tutor the children. I will be here whenever I need to be. No one but you will know that I am actually living elsewhere." "What about your house here on the property?" "Everyone will still be under the impression that I live there." "How will you manage that?" "Alexei will take care of it." Dana nodded, then lowered her eyes. "I'm happy for you, of course, but I have to admit that I will miss you." "You will still see me. Often. I promise. Dana?" The woman lifted her head to meet his eyes. "Please understand. Being with Alexei has become as necessary to me as breathing. And now we're together in a home that's *ours*. I'm happy, Dana. Happier than I ever dreamed I could be." Dana studied her friend, then a slow smile spread across her lips. "I know you are. I'd have to be blind not to see that. I'll just miss you, that's all." Fox pulled her to her feet and wrapped his arms around her. "You won't have a chance to miss me. We'll still spend lots of time together. And now that you and Daniel are friendly with each other, it'll be even better." "All right, all right, you don't have to sell me any more on the idea." Dana stretched up for a light kiss on Fox's cheek, then moved away. "He must be waiting for you, and I know you're anxious to go to him. Have a good night, and I'll see you tomorrow." "Thank you, Dana. Come, I'll walk with you. I'm going to the house and leaving from there." After leaving Dana, Fox picked up his pace, hurrying to his little house. He closed the door behind him, immediately calling to his lover. Before he could call a second time, he was home, smiling down at Alexei, who lay naked in the grass by the stream where they'd made love the previous night. The other man executed a long, sensuous stretch and blinked sleepily up at him. "Hello, my love. How was your day?" Fox looked down at him, slowly removing his clothing. "The same as every other day. Only now, I've got something to look forward to at the end of the day." As the last piece of clothing was removed, Alexei held his arms out to Fox, welcoming him into the warm circle of his embrace. As the other man sank to the ground and melted into his arms, he sighed happily into his hair. "I have missed you. But now you are back in my arms, and all is right with the world." Fox laughed softly and kissed his lover's chest. "You make me feel so wanted." "You are, my love. Will you allow me to show you just how much?" Fox matched his smoky tone. "Must you ask?" They made love again there by the stream, but this time there was no violence in their coupling. There was only a sweet urgency that took them soaring to the heavens, then gently deposited them back on the soft green grass. As they lay recovering, Alexei tenderly massaged his lover's back and scattered a number of kisses in his hair. "Fox?" "Hmm?" "Are you awake?" "Mmm hmm." "Come, love. Let us go up to the house. I have a surprise for you." They dressed and Alexei led his curious lover to the house where the staff was waiting to greet their new master. Fox cast a confused gaze at the small group that had assembled in the great room, then looked to Alexei. The other man moved from his side and came to stand in front of him, bowing deeply. "My lord...these are your servants. They are here to care for the house and provide anything you may require in my absence." The group behind Alexei bowed to the perplexed man, then stood silently as he composed himself enough to question his lover. "*My* servants?" "Well...*our* servants, but you are master in this house. You are their first priority." Fox shook his head. "No...Alexei...*you* created all of this. *You* are master...not me..." Alexei dismissed the staff, then turned to Fox, taking his hands in his own. "No, love. The land, this house, and everything in it belong to you." He stepped forward, wrapping himself around his lover. "*I* belong to you." Fox petted the sable head against his shoulder. "Only as much as I belong to you." Alexei raised his head and turned sparkling eyes on the other man. "What do you say to a long bath before dinner?" Fox studied him intently, easily recognizing the smoky look in his eyes. "A bath sounds wonderful." Alexei led him to a spacious room in the center of which sat a large, sunken tub. Two servants stood by, ready to assist, but Alexei took the towels from them and waved them off to a corner of the room. They stood in amazed silence as their prince slowly undressed the man he referred to as his lord, then removed his own clothing, and the two sank up to their necks in the scented water. Gently, Alexei bathed Fox, teasing him with subtle little touches and tender kisses, and when he was through, Fox reciprocated, stroking the sponge over his satiny skin and following the path he created with his mouth. He paused on the rapidly healing wounds, paying them loving attention, then backed Alexei against the wall of the tub. Alexei closed his eyes and rested the back of his head against the tiles as he wrapped his legs around Fox's hips. He moaned softly, feeling his lover's mouth at the his throat, kissing and gently sucking the fragile skin. As Fox moved up along his jaw and then to his ear, teasing the sensitive interior, he turned his head into the caress, and his hands began to restlessly wander over his lover's back and shoulders. One final dip into Alexei's ear, and Fox pulled away, opening his eyes. In his peripheral vision he saw the two figures standing at a distance, trying for all the world to look as though they were not watching. Naturally, Fox knew they were, and he was a bit disturbed by it, but Alexei pulled him back down to his waiting lips, completely obliterating everything but the desperate need to be inside him. He tucked his hands under his lover's knees, lifting him higher, then positioned himself and thrust home. Alexei's head fell back, and a soft gasp escaped his lips as Fox made love to him with all the considerable tenderness he possessed. Soft kisses rained down on his face and neck as Fox thrust slowly into him, establishing a lazy, sensual rhythm. He lifted his head, and his love immediately met his lips, kissing him deeply as they moved in unison. Fox stroked the underside of his lover's thigh with one hand, sliding from the back of his knee to the firm, rounded muscles of his rear and back again, eventually moving between them to gingerly grasp the swollen shaft awaiting his touch. Alexei sighed into his mouth, reveling in the sensations Fox evoked in him, and the other man firmed his grip ever so slightly, stroking with more purpose. The water swished about the two bodies in the tub, splashing up onto the floor tiles as Fox increased the strength of his thrusts. Alexei moved with the water, being lifted and lowered as his excitement rose, higher and higher until there was no place else to go but down. Fox supported Alexei's head and continued to feed on his mouth, refusing to let go as he brought his lover to the brink of shattering release. As he felt Alexei's body jerk and a loud sobbing groan rose up into his throat, Fox finally broke the kiss to allow it to escape. He held his lover's passion-glazed eyes with his own, taking great joy as Alexei's mouth fell open and the groan tumbled out and grew louder. The sound, in combination with the sensation of gliding in and out of his lover's violently spasming body, took Fox over the edge. Two more thrusts and he joined Alexei in ecstasy, crying out his lover's pet name, then collapsing against his chest. They floated together for long minutes, moaning softly as the water gently lapped at their skin. Fox was the first to move, picking his head up off of Alexei's shoulder and kissing his lover's parted lips. "I love you, my beautiful Jade." The mouth he'd just been kissing curled up into a weary smile. "And I love you, my Fox." Fox again rested his head on Alexei's shoulder. There was humor in his voice even as he felt the warmth creep into his cheeks, "Do you think that the servants enjoyed that as much as we did?" "Maybe not quite as much, but I am sure they got some thrill out of it. Do not worry love. Their discretion is exemplary. Now..." Gently, he pushed Fox away, rising to help the other man out of the tub. "Tell me about your day." "I did, remember?" Alexei wrapped a towel around his lover, patting the beads of moisture from his skin. "Yes, but 'same as the day before' does not say much. How is my friend Jeffrey? Is he just as miserable as he was the day I visited the class?" "Oh, yes. I see that young man headed for great difficulty if he does not alter the course he's on." Alexei shrugged, completing his task and securing a dry towel around his lover's waist. As he began to dry himself, Fox stopped him and took the towel. As he rubbed away the droplets, he continued to speak. "The other boys, however, keep asking me to bring Jade back to visit them. I promised them I would ask him if he would like to return." Alexei smiled. "You told them you would ask a cat if he would like to visit them?" Fox laughed, wrapping the towel around Alexei's waist as the other man had done for him. "Yes, I did. So...what does he say? The children really love him." "Especially Jeffrey, yes?" "Ignore him, please? The last thing I need is another audience with his father." Alexei's eyes flashed with mild irritation. "You need not answer to him or anyone, Fox. You *should* not. You are far superior to that man and his demon spawn..." Fox rolled his eyes and began to walk slowly for the door, linking fingers with his lover and leading him away. "Will you visit the boys and behave yourself?" "Of course, lord. The question is, will Jeffrey behave *himself*?" ******************** Expecting Jeffrey to behave was the equivalent of expecting a snowstorm in the desert. The younger man sat casting evil stares in the direction of the teacher and his pet stretched lazily across his desk. And although Jade looked as though he were almost asleep, he was not. His slitted gaze rested on the young man at the back of the room, the tip of his tail slowly curling and uncurling. Fox ended class a few minutes early, allowing the children to visit a while with Jade. The cat sat patiently, being stroked and petted as the children marveled at the shimmering softness of his coat and deep color of his eyes. Furious with the situation, Jeffrey rose from his desk, throwing his chair aside. The cat's ears automatically flattened, and blackness swallowed the green of his eyes as the young man approached, but Fox's comforting hand on his back held him in place. Remembering his last encounter with the vicious beast, Jeffrey stopped at what he considered to be a safe distance and glared at the group. "Enjoy yourselves," he muttered. "As soon as I get my hands on him, he's done for." The young man made a twisting motion with both hands, then turned his attention on Fox. "And you," he spat, "your day is coming as well." A sound that started out as a high pitch mewling and then dropped to a low growl rose from Jade's throat, and Fox picked the cat up from the desk, hugging him to his chest. "Leave my classroom, Jeffrey. And do not come back until you learn to behave in a civilized manner." The young man's eyes blazed with hatred. "My father shall hear of this." Fox shook his head sadly. "Yes, Jeffrey. He shall indeed. Now please leave." Jade hissed softly from the cradle of Fox's arms as Jeffrey stormed past. "He will not go to our father," Amir offered once his eldest brother was gone. "He will only land him*self* in trouble if he does." Fox looked into empty doorway, stroking the cat's back. "I know. Now why don't the rest of you children go on. Don't be late for dinner." The remaining children said goodbye to their teacher and the animal they'd grown so fond of and tumbled out into the afternoon sun, waving to Dana as she passed them. As she entered the classroom, a smile crossed her lips, and she rolled her eyes. "Can you two not stay away from each other for more than a couple of hours?" Fox kissed the top of the cat's head and set him down on his desk. "The boys asked to see Jade, and he was good enough to oblige them." Dana shook her head, laughing softly as she dropped into the chair behind the desk. As soon as she was settled, Jade stepped down off of the desk and into her lap, rubbing his head against her chin. She stroked the cat's back, listening to the contented purr. "Have you no shame? Soliciting my attention this way with your lover not more than four feet from us." Fox smiled as he watched the two, pleased that they were getting along so well. "Have you plans for dinner, Dana?" he asked, hoping that Alexei wouldn't mind the last minute invitation. "Yes, actually," she answered. "Daniel is coming to call, and we're dining together." One golden-brown eyebrow arched upward. "*Really*." The petite redhead gave him a mischievous grin. "Yes, *really*." "So, you like him..." "Yes, he's very nice." She looked down, scratching behind the cat's ear. "I'm very glad we met." She glanced back up to her friend. "I should be going. I need to prepare." Fox nodded, grinning broadly, then pointed to Jade, speaking in a mock-stern voice. "You. Stop accosting my friend, and let's go home." The cat meowed softly at him, then hopped back to the desk and up into his arms. Dana rose from the chair, and they walked out together, each looking forward to starting their respective evenings. ******************** The two men lounged together in the comfort of their bed, basking in the afterglow of their lovemaking. "Sometimes I still can't believe that this is real," Fox murmured into his lover's chest. "I'd never have dreamed that I could have something this beautiful." "You deserve the best the world has to offer," Alexei whispered to him. "Grand houses, servants, jewels..." Fox raised his head, gazing down into his lover's eyes. "I meant you." Alexei's next words faded from his mind as he stared up into Fox's loving gaze. He brought a hand up to the other man's face, gently cupping his cheek. His thumb stroked across Fox's lower lip, and suddenly he wanted nothing more than to taste that lip. As often as he'd done so in the past days...the past hour...he wanted more. His hand slid around to the back of Fox's head, and he pulled him down for a long kiss, licking and nibbling the succulent flesh. A sudden tremor ran through him, and he pulled Fox closer, deepening the kiss to an almost desperate extent. With a bit of effort, Fox pulled away and smiled down at Alexei. "And you call *me* insatiable." The unfamiliar glint in his lover's eyes filled him with curiosity and something else he couldn't name. "Alexei? Are you all right?" Alexei swallowed hard, his eyes burning into Fox's. "Yes," he responded just above a whisper. "I just...I..." He shook his head and pulled Fox down to him, again initiating a desperate kiss. He rolled them until Fox was flat on his back, still feeding hungrily on his mouth. Finally, he pulled away, sitting up and rocking against his lover's growing erection. Stroking the scattering of hair that covered Fox's chest, he looked down into approving hazel eyes, then reached behind, making Fox ready. That done, he held his lover's now rigid erection at the base and lowered himself onto it. Fox gasped as Alexei sank down, taking him in as far as he could go. They'd made love not more than an hour ago, yet Fox was as ready to go again right now as he would be a day later. One hand linked fingers with Alexei while the other wrapped around his erection, stroking its length as he pushed up again and again, carrying them quickly toward release. Alexei rocked frantically, feeling his climax move in like a violent storm and knowing that his Fox was right behind him, he took no action to slow it down. The hand around him pumped harder, and the world exploded into a million shards of light as he came long and hard over his lover's hand. Fox jerked up into Alexei only a few more times before he found his own satisfaction, emitting choking gasps as he climaxed. Alexei crumpled onto his chest, and Fox wrapped him in his arms, kissing the side of his head and murmuring soft words of love. A short time later, sleep came to claim them both, leaving any thoughts and questions for the morning. ******************** Fox entered the great room, approaching Alexei from behind and wrapping his arms around the other man's shoulders. "Good morning, love." Alexei grasped his lover's wrists and turned into a soft kiss. "Good morning." Fox hugged Alexei tightly then released him and moved to sit across from him. "Sleep well?" he asked softly, hoping for more than a simple yes or no. "Yes. You?" Fox nodded, picking at the breakfast that had been set before him. He looked up from his plate and dove in. "Alexei...last night...there was a look on your face...an inexplicable change in your behavior. I don't know if it meant anything; maybe you'll tell me it didn't, but for a while, it seemed as though something was very wrong." Alexei shrugged and reached across the table to take Fox's hand. "I do not know that I have a reasonable answer for you. It was just so..." he stopped, trying to find a way to articulate what he'd felt. "...I had such a strong feeling of...the word *dread* comes to mind, but I do not know if that is exactly the right term." "Concerning what?" Alexei shook his head. "I only know that...I felt the overwhelming urge to hold tightly to you and never let go." Fox gave him a teasing grin. "Afraid I'd disappear?" Alexei's gaze dropped from Fox's face as he considered that very likely possibility. Fox squeezed the hand that still rested in his. "Jade?" Alexei lifted his eyes and looked into his lover's concerned face. He gave Fox a reassuring smile. "No," he answered softly. "No, of course not. Come, let us finish our breakfast so you may get on to your pupils." Fox shook his head. "No. I'll speak to Dana. Ask her to tell the master that I'm not well today. She's quite capable of giving today's lesson." Green eyes stared over at him. "Why would you do this?" "Because something is troubling you and I don't want to leave you until you're feeling better." "No...Fox...I am very touched that you would stay home for me, but I am fine now. Truly. I do not know what it was that came over me, but the feeling is gone now." Fox eyed him doubtfully. "Then why do I still see an odd look on your face?" "I..I am simply troubled by the fact that I do not know what had come over me. I will get over it." Fox still wasn't sure, but he didn't want to push the issue. "All right. I'll go to class." He smiled. "If I don't, Jeffrey might fall under the impression that he has frightened me away." The mention of Jeffrey's name brought a scowl to Alexei's face. "I do not trust him, Fox. He is stupid as a stone, but he is certainly capable of doing you harm." "He is an angry young man, that's for certain, but I can take care of myself. Now, if I'm going to be on time, I really must go." Both men rose, Alexei planted a tender kiss on his lover's mouth, then he sent him off. As soon as Fox was gone, he left as well, in search of Daniel. ********************