Pairing: Ezra Standish/Chris Larabee
Rating: G
Disclaimer: the usual ... they don’t belong to me (mores the pity *g*), no copyright infringement intended, no money being made ... you know the drill.
Warnings: None.
Summary: A quick pair of drabbles about undeclared feelings.

 

Chris’ Questions & Ezra’s Turn

by TimberWolf



Chris’ Questions

I watch him quietly, unnoticed.

It started simply. He was a gambler and a swindler, not to be trusted. So I didn’t.

Suspicion and hostility marked my feelings for him.

But the more I watched, the more I saw. Beneath the expensive clothes, the gentleman’s manners, there was courage and honesty, camaraderie and compassion.

He stole my heart with his sparklin’ green eyes and wide, cunning grin. But how do I tell him that? How do I let him know he’s brought the light and laughter, the passion back to my dark, lonely life?

Is “I love you, Ezra.” enough?

Ezra’s Turn

He watches me.

He thinks I don’t notice, but I do. Survival, in my profession, depends upon a man’s skill at observation.

He’s never trusted me, and why should he? They are good, honest men. Heroes. What am I but a scoundrel and a rake?

He stands tall. Strong. Alone. What would I give to be welcomed into his small circle of comrades? To earn his respect? To be more than a friend?

I feel his pale green eyes on me and I wish...

What does it mean when I consider my highest accolade earned to be Chris Larabee’s smile?

 



There’s no place like Home.

I have a burning desire to send you my opinion of your story.

I want more fics. Take me back to TimberWolf’s index.

 

© TimberWolf 2002