REV. EBENEZER STRONACH
Rev. Ebenezer Stronach was born 4 October 1792 in the Wilmot Township, son of George Stronach and Mary Fales. He was educated at home by his father and received the rudiments of an English education. He was baptized by Thomas Handley Chipman, but for a number of years did not take an active part in the church. He joined the Baptist Church in Aylesford when it was formed on 5 March 1820 and was a Deacon of this church just over a year later. He obtained a licence to preach in February 1831, and was ordained as an Evangelist on 23 May 1833. He visited numerous places in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick as part of his duties. He married Amy Randall, daughter of David Randall, and raised a family of eight children. He died at the age 66 years, on 23 November 1858, and was laid to rest in the Wiswall Cemetery in Wilmot, Nova Scotia.
(REV.) EBENEZER STRONACH; (Geo.G1) b. 4 Oct 1792; d. 23 Nov 1858, age 66 years; m. AMY RANDALL d/o David; b. 15 Sept 1789; d. 3 Jul 1862, age 72 years.
1. GEORGE ENNES STRONACH; b. ca. 1816; d. 8 Oct 1869, age 53 years; m. 30 Dec 1845, EMMA MARIE NICHOLS, d/o Stephen; b 31 Jul 1824; d. 10 Feb 1868, age 44 years.
2. MAJOR STRONACH; b. ca. 1821; d. before 1902; (The 1902 MacAlpine Directory lists Mrs. Major Stronach, widow, living in Weston, Kings County, NS.) m. (1) HELEN A. SMITH d/o Francis, b. ca. 1817; d. 22 Aug 1869, age 52 years; m. (2) 14 May 1873 MARGARET CROPLEY, widow; d/o Frank Cook; b. ca 1846; d. after 1906.
3. WILLIAM STRONACH; b. ca. 1823; d. 7 Oct 1876, age 53 years. He was unmarried.
4. MARY AMY STRONACH; b. ca. 1825; died at the home of her nephew, Crawley Stronach, probably before 1891. She was unmarried.
5. HARDING STRONACH; b. ca. 1826; d. 10 Jul 1842, age 16 years.
6. EMILY STRONACH; b. ca. 1829; d. at the home of her nephew, Crawley Stronach, after 1891. She was unmarried.
7. RACHEL STRONACH; b. ca. 1831; living with widower, Joseph Dodge and Esther Dodge on 1881 census, probably died before 1891. She was unmarried.
8. EBENEZER STRONACH; b. ca. 1836; d. 15 Oct 1896; m. 12 Oct 1859 MARY HELEN GATES, d/o Gilbert; b. ca. 1838; she was residing in Hudson, Mass., in 1896, died by 1920.