Cruising for Sex
in Pittsburgh
Finding hot, anonymous sex in a city like Pittsburgh is often easier than most people think.  Certain places become gathering spots because of their availability, their semi-private nature, or the permissiveness of staff or security personnel.  Often these sites are just a few steps away from places that straight people gather... and they might be surprised what goes on in places they frequent.  College campuses are particularly good hunting-grounds.  Following is a list of spots... public places, bookstores, theaters, etc.... which are gathering places.  This is where Brian Kinney might go to get his rocks off.  And you could, too.  Perhaps you'll even meet him there.
Public Places

Carnegie Mellon University, Doherty Hall. Cruisy toilet in basement (one floor below first floor, since there are three basement floors).

New comments added February, 2003:
"
It seems like they've been remodeling this bathroom. The gloryholes are still there, but the action has died down somewhat. Between 5 and 7 pm seems to be the best time."


Carnegie Mellon University, Doherty Hall. Cruisy toilet on Level


Fifth Avenue Place, at foot of Fifth Avenue. Cruisy toilet near food court, second floor. The toilet is located down a long hallway.


North Park, North Ridge Drive. Cruisy park.

Northway Mall, McKnight Road. Cruisy toilet near food court.

Parkway Center Mall, 1165 McKinley Lane. Cruisy toilet near food court.

Pittsburgh International Airport. Cruisy toilet in main concourse.

Pittsburgh International Airport. Cruisy toilet third floor observation deck, to the right of USAir Club.

New comments added July, 2003:
"A guy in the larger stall can look out and watch a guy at the urinal jack off. I was in there and put on a real show for an airline employee until we both came loads. Not a great place for sucking."

New comments added August, 2003:
"The stall has a great view of the urinals. I saw two guys going at it on my last trip through. It's out of the way, so it's relatively safe for playing."

Ross Park Mall. Cruisy toilet in J C Penney, first floor.

Ross Park Mall. Cruisy toilet in Kaufmann's, second floor.


Schenley Park, Prospect Drive. Cruisy park. Closes at 11 pm.

New comments added June, 2003:
"Be careful in here. Cops sometimes patrol the area on foot and even go undercover. I know a few people who got busted. It's a great social place during the day, though. For other things, go during the evening."

New comments added June, 2003:
"The best time to go is early morning when the police are less active. Lots of guys cruise on hot days on Prospect Drive, which is easily reachable from Blvd of the Allies."

South Hills Village. Cruisy toilet on the first floor of Lazarus.

New comments added August, 2003:
"I was in there the other day and jacked off with a guy with the largest cock I think I have ever seen. He was going to suck me off but we got interrupted. The best time is 5 to 7 pm during the week.

University of Pittsburgh, David Lawerence Auditorium. Cruisy toilet in basement.

New comments added February, 2003:
"A pair of undercover cops is keeping close tabs on David Lawrence Hall. I was questioned but since I didn't do anything, they had to let me go."  Heads Up!"

New comments added March, 2003:
"This place is great. It's in a run down basement bathroom and barely any traffic at all. Best of all, it's on a they're are hot! Five stalls and a gloryhole."

New comments added May, 2003:
"The police are using this site to learn where to bust gays and have passed the information to the NJ State Police and the Delaware State Police!"  Heads Up!"

New comments added June, 2003:
"This is a hot place with lots of cruisy action and hot college guys. Just use common sense as usual. It's usually really cruisy on weekdays between 2 and 6 pm."

University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine. Cruisy toilet in Scaife Hall, level 2.

University of Pittsburgh, Cathedral of Learning. Cruisy toilet on second floor.

New comments added June, 2003:
"I was there on Thursday and almost got busted by two undercover cops. They were plain clothes police who look like college students. I was lucky and just got a citation. They were going to arrest me."

New comments added September, 2003:
"I was there for two days in a row this week and both days were awesome. At one point there were five of us watching each other jack off. Two of us were really hot!"

University of Pittsburgh, Cathedral of Learning. Cruisy toilet on third floor.

University of Pittsburgh, Main library building. Cruisy toilet on third floor.

New comments added March, 2003:
"There is a small peephole, one between stalls and one facing urinals. Some guys will stand at urinal discretely stroking if looking for under-stall action or usual foot signal in stall, etc."

William Penn Hotel. Cruisy toilet in basement.

New comments added January, 2003:
"The hotel has managed to completely eliminate cruising by simply locking this restroom up. It used to get locked around 4 or 5 pm, with cruising going on during the lunch hour and shortly there after."

William Penn Hotel. Cruisy toilet on main level.

William Penn Hotel. Cruisy toilet on the conference level.

Baths, Sex Clubs, Parties, Backrooms

Club Pittsburgh, 1139 Penn Avenue. 412-471-6790.
htp://www.clubpittsburgh.com  Bathhouse with full facilities. Open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Located at 12th Street near the stip distict and also near the Greyhound bus station and Vahala microbrewerie.

New comments added June, 2003:
"This place isn't so bad. Sometimes the menu of guys sucks but sometimes it's hot. Who can pass up all the group action happening here though? I know I can't! It's pretty clean and nice, usually."

New comments added June, 2003:
"This is one fantastic place! If you like public sex, it has it. If you want to hang in your room, everyone has a TV with porn. The sauna, steamroom and Jacuzzi are well maintained."

New comments added July, 2003:
"I have gotten and given hot paddlings here many times!"

New comments added July, 2003:
"I recently visited for the first time and it is one of the nicest bathhouses I have ever been to. It is extremely clean and very modern and looks completely renovated."

Club Pittsburgh, 1139 Penn Avenue.
http://www.clubpittsburgh.com  Bathhouse with full facilities. Located in the strip district. 

New comments added February, 2003:
"I don't know what these guys are talking about. They have a Naked Lunch Special from 11 am to 2 pm for five dollars plus normal membership fees. Depending on the day, you have a nice menu to choose basis. The place is cleaner than the gym where I work out."

New comments added April, 2003:
"I've been here several times for their Naked Lunch and had a wonderful time. Lots of hot businessmen stop by on their lunch break to have a dick or two. The music is way too loud."


XXX Bookstores, Arcades, Theatres

Boulevard Video and Magazine Shoppe, 346 Boulevard of the Allies. Bookstore with arcade. Located on the second floor.

New comments added January, 2003:
"A great place on Thursday nights and most weekends. Most guys are respectful and you can find some hot, young guys craving some dick."

New comments added February, 2003:
"This has become sort of two different stores. It's a great, quiet daytime place to blow hot students from the art school adjacent a block away, or businessmen looking to unload."

Garden Theatre, 12 West North Avenue. Theatre showing porn. From downtown, walk over the bridge past the new stadium and the Alcoa Building. Continue north past/through the Alleghenny complex. You'll see the theatre's marquee from the park which you must traverse.

New comments added June, 2003:
"I went yesterday and it was like a geriatric day care center. There was one rather interesting, annoying drunk old guy that kept cruising in the main theater making comments and sucking his teeth."

New comments added July, 2003:
"I went Sunday afternoon and there had to be around thirty people there. I watched one guy get sucked off in the theatre, two guys jack each other off and then I went in a dark corner and got sucked."

New comments added August, 2003:
"There are a lot of older, overweight me here, but patience is a virtue. I found a decent man with a seven-inch cock jacking himself off. I grabbed his dick and rubbed the precum all over it. It got day. In the past, I have sucked several men and jacked an uncut cock until he  completely covered my hand."

Golden Triangle News, 816 Liberty Avenue. 412-765-3790. Bookstore with arcade. Open 24 hours.

North Hill News, 7600 McKnight Road. Bookstore with arcade.

New comments added January, 2003:
"They have implemented a 24-hour security watch. Cameras and security are on constant alert. There is a new guy there who looks really young and cute but he is as bad as that old guard when it comes to snooping."

New comments added April, 2003:
"The guard is gone and the staff could care less what is going on. You just have to buy tokens. There are several gay employees and they are very friendly. The best times are lunch times and after 4."

Smithfield News, at Smithfield Street and Boulevard of the Allies. Bookstore with arcade.
For more recent updates of the descriptions and warnings, or for cruising spots in your own town or region, CLICK HERE.