Brian's Color Choices
The Luscher Color Test, designed by Max Luscher over 30 years ago, is still used today to evaluate an individual's personality based upon their color preferences... not just the color of their clothing, but of all the colors around them that they choose every day. 

The following evaluation is based upon Brian's clothing color preferences only.  
(See Brian's Wardrobe for a complete listing of his wardrobe in Seasons 1 and 2.)  We have counted the frequence of each color in his wardrobe selection and tallied it in the following table:
Color                  Frequency*

Black                        179
Gray                           79
Blue                            47
White                          29
Beige, Tan, Camel       23
Brown                         17
Khaki, Olive                 9
Red                               9
Orange, Apricot            5
Purple                           5
Salmon                         4
Yellow, Gold                 3
Maroon                         2
Green                            1
*If a garment appeared more than once in an episode, it was counted only once.
Here are the Luscher Color Test results for a person picking colors in this order of preference.  Do you recognize anyone?
Relatively inactive and in a static condition, while conflict of one sort or another prevents peace of mind. Unable to achieve relationships of the desired degree of mutual affection and understanding.

Feels in an invidious position: that trust, affection, and understanding are being withheld and that he is being treated with a humiliating lack of consideration. Considers he is being denied the appreciation essential to his self-esteem and that there is nothing he can do about it. Disheartened by the lone struggle against difficulties with no encouragement. Feels he is getting nowhere; that, instead of the admiration he needs, he is consistently misunderstood. Wants to escape from the situation but cannot find the strength of mind to make the necessary decision.

Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity but is inclined to be emotionally withdrawn, which prevents him from becoming deeply involved.
Wants to broaden his fields of activity and insists that his hopes and ideas are realistic. Distressed by the fear that he may be prevented from doing what he wants; needs both peaceful conditions and quiet reassurance to restore his confidence.

Insists that his hopes and ideas are realistic, but needs reassurance and encouragement. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense.
Feels trapped in a distressing or uncomfortable situation and seeking some way of gaining relief. Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity providing no turmoil or emotional agitation is involved.

Feels the situation is hopeless. Strongly resists things which he finds disagreeable. Tries to shield himself from anything which might irritate him or make him feel more depressed.

The tensions induced by trying to cope with conditions which are really beyond his capabilities, or reserves of strength, have led to considerable anxiety and a sense of personal (but unadmitted) inadequacy. His inability to enforce his will causes him to over-react in stubborn defiance and by assigning to others all the blame for his own failures.

His natural ability to examine everything with critical discrimination has been distorted into an attitude of harsh disapproval, which opposes and denigrates without regard to the real facts.
Another version of the test says this:
You are a wonderful strategist, able to plan future designs with a clear, sharp, and imaginative style. You love fantasy. However, while you may engage a plan with enthusiasm, what you think you want often differs from what you really need. Be more pragmatic, more sensible. Recognize that this isn't a perfect world. The faster you develop more realistic expectations, the more successful you will be.

You are attracted to a person's energy. You don't really know why, you just are. You decision to get married, though, is based on physical appearances, a special look that catches your eye. You can feel, for example, that someone was just "too cute" to let go. Attraction is difficult for you to deny when that special look is evident.

Relationships mean serious business to you. You're loyal, but wary about forming new bonds. This can sometimes work to your detriment. Instead of experiencing life, you stand back, resisting what you know is right, analyzing yourself as if you were writing a book. You place your needs on a shelf to be dealt with later. Later, however, never comes.

You are suffering from the effects of those things which are being rejected as disagreeable, and you are strongly resisting them. You just want to be left in peace. You are unable to exert the effort required to achieve your objectives. You feel neglected, and you desire greater security, warm affection and fewer problems. You are unhappy at the resistance you feel whenever you try to assert yourself. You tend to get indignant and resentful because of this resistance, but you give way casually and make whatever adjustments are necessary so that you can have peace and quiet. Your disappointment has led to a suspicious and restrained withdrawal from others and into yourself. You suppress your innate enthusiasm and imaginative nature, for fear you might be carried away by it only to find yourself pursuing some will-of-the-wisp. You feel you have been misled and abused and have withdrawn to hold yourself cautiously aloof from others. You keep a careful and critical watch to see whether motives towards you are sincere; You have a watchfulness which easily develops into suspicion and distrust. Once bitten, twice shy; your emotional disappointment is leading to watchful mistrust of motive. Your disappointment and your fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals have led to anxiety, emptiness, and a contempt for you own self which you refuse to admit. This refusal of admission, leads to your adopting a headstrong and defiant attitude.

The order of the colors that you selected indicate the amount of stress that you have experienced and how well you are dealing with this stress. Your success in dealing with stress is reflected in your repression factor and is measured from 0 (low) to 12(high). Lower is better.

Your repression factor is 8. You are not dealing with your stress very well.
If you would like to take the Luscher Color Test to evaluate your own personality, click HERE.              
Click HERE to return to "The Life"...