Title: Control Issues Author: Penemuel Archive: Sure, just let me know where if other than list archive Part: 5/? Pairing: Josh Lyman/Sam Seaborn, John Hoynes/Josh Lyman Rating: NC-17 Warnings: If CONSENSUAL flogging with a belt isn't your thing, bail after John orders Josh onto his bed or you'll be sorry. If you read it anyway after reading this warning and find you can't take it, do NOT blame me. Notes: none, really. Although can you tell I'm an HHS employee who's still waiting for the budget to be signed? ;) Disclaimer: I don't own these characters, I'm just playing with them for a while and will give them back when done. They might be a little sticky, though. Control Issues by Penemuel Part 5 The next morning we showered together, soapy groping and all included. We had a limited amount of time to enjoy ourselves considering we had to be in for the Senior Staff meeting shortly, but it was nice to feel Josh's hands on me and just as nice to have my hands on him... After fun, though, came real cleaning, and as I scrubbed his back I spotted something I'd often wondered but had never worked up the courage to ask about. Toward the upper part of his left shoulder, where the muscle is, were two very straight, thin, parallel scars. They were too straight and clean to be some kind of scratch, and I couldn't think of any kind of surgery they could have been from -- usually I didn't even pay them attention, but occasionally my curiosity would get the better of me. When I ran my fingers over them, Josh tensed -- every time... I went back to scrubbing and rinsing him, deciding, again, to let it drop without asking him about it. When he scrubbed my back he managed to distract me from all thoughts, his soapy hands sliding much lower than they really needed to wash my back. "Oh, Josh," I moaned as his hand slid between my asscheeks, "If you start that again, we're not going to get out of the shower until the water goes cold..." "Sounds good to me..." "Senior Staff, meetings with Congress..." I reminded, although I really didn't want to. "Guess I can't just say 'screw 'em', can I?" he whispered against my neck. "I swear I was just about there last night," I answered, smiling and turning to face him. I kissed him, then scooted back under the stream of cooling water to rinse off the rest of the soap; shivering slightly by the time I was done. "But no, it wouldn't be a good idea." I climbed out of the tub and grabbed up one of the large towels, wrapped it around myself and tried to restrain a shiver as he shut off the water and joined me. "You're hopeless, California-boy," he said with a smile as I tightened the towel. Before he dried himself, he pried the towel out of my hands and briskly dried me, taking special care to make certain my back was dry. Then he pulled the towel up to dry my hair, leaving it a spiky mess when he finished and wrapped me back up so that he could take a moment or two to dry himself. "You've got goosebumps," he whispered when he was dry, wrapping his arms around me for a minute. "I'm just a little cold -- 's'okay," I murmured. "Gotta get dressed, Love..." He hugged me close for a moment, then reluctantly let me go, slapping me lightly on the butt before snatching the towel from me. "That'll give you some impetus to get dressed," he said lightly, chasing me out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom. "One of these days, we're going on vacation to some place nice and warm with white beaches and clear blue water," I said, pulling on my clothes in record time. By the time I had dressed, I was warm again, but the thought of Josh and I vacationing in some place like the Bahamas had definitely taken up residence in my mind. By the time winter weather hit the DC area, he might be just as ready for it as I would be... --==**==-- Because we had surprisingly good weather for a DC late fall day, I ate lunch outside, staking out a bench along one of my usual jogging trails. I managed to convince the secret service agents to make themselves unobtrusive, and sat back hoping that the person I wanted to run into would also be taking advantage of the nice weather. Lucky for me, a short time later he came jogging down the path. He was sweatier than he would usually be, and even before he reached me I could tell his breathing was laboured -- he still hadn't been able to build his strength back up after the shooting... As he neared, I called out to him, "Josh!" He stopped short, looking around, then spotted me and walked over. His chest was heaving with the effort to catch his breath, and he was sweating far more than one would expect for a brisk fall day. "Mr. Vice President," he puffed, then silenced again as he fought down a coughing fit. "Whoa -- easy, there, Josh..." I soothed, worried that he might be pushing himself too hard. "Sit down, have some water..." I offered, hoping he'd take me up on it. He sat down next to me and accepted the bottled water I offered, and I smiled as he took a couple of large swallows. "Thank you, Sir," he breathed once he could speak again. "No problem -- looked to me like you needed it more than I did. You're pushing yourself pretty hard, aren't you?" He frowned, and I figured it was a question he'd been getting a lot recently, especially from Sam Seaborn... Just as I was about to apologize, he said, "Actually, I think I'm trying to burn off some frustration before I commit assault and battery..." I smiled slightly and asked, "The HHS budget?" "How'd you guess?" he grumbled. From his tone, it was definitely a rhetorical question. "Look, Josh," I started, looking him right in the eyes, "If you're still on the Hill around dinnertime, give me a call; we'll go somewhere and get away from the assholes for a bit, okay?" He stared at me -- I think he hadn't been expecting me to make *that* particular move. So he and Sam were a somewhat well-known item -- among certain circles, that is -- it didn't keep me from taking a crack at rekindling old flames. Besides, much as I loathed to admit it, I was feeling a need to top someone who wouldn't try to top me back -- the whole situation with Leo was too much to deal with at the moment... He was still staring, trying to read me. He must have been wondering just how much of the bridge he had burned when he told me off during the campaign -- it still smarted a little, but I'd gotten over most of my anger. To tell the truth, I had been a little too possessive, and had probably deserved the reaming out he gave me. I'm not sure what he finally saw there, but he answered, "Yeah -- yeah, if I'm not in the middle of things, I'll call..." "Good," I said, standing up. He stood, too, and offered the water bottle back to me, but I waved it away. "You hang onto that, and take it easy. I'll see you later." And then I and my agents headed off to the next meeting of the day, and I tried not to let thoughts of the possibilities this evening held distract me too much. --==**==-- I leaned back in my chair and sipped my water, watching Josh as he hit a speed-dial number on his cell phone and waited for an answer. Again, I felt a pang of guilt at what I was contemplating, but I was sure Sam wasn't satisfying *all* of Josh's needs. And besides, damn it, I wanted him... I listened in to his half of the conversation, knowing all the while that I shouldn't be but unable to stop. "Hey," he said by way of a greeting -- neutral, no way for anyone eavesdropping to know who he was talking to; "I figured I'd better call and let you know I may not make it to your place tonight. I'm at dinner right now, and have to go *back* to the meeting when I'm done..." All perfectly anonymous and safe -- it was funny how we all became so well-versed in the ways of 'passing'. Then he frowned a little and said, "No, don't do that -- you need your rest. I'll just go back to my place and crash -- if I don't end up just staying here all damned night." I had to smile at that -- how many times had I done the same thing? Or even worse... "Yeah, or I'll crash in my office..." Then his face coloured slightly, and the image of Sam murmuring sweet nothings into the phone rose unbidden and unwanted in my mind's eye. It was all I could do to keep from making a face, made all the more difficult by Josh glancing around and very, very quietly murmuring, "Love you, too..." before switching off the phone. "Everything okay?" I asked smoothly, sitting up again and turning my attention to the greek salad on my plate. He looked up at me, then smiled and said, "Yeah, everything's fine. I just don't want to have to go back to that damned meeting and have to listen to them argue over crap again..." "I know -- makes you want to play hookey, doesn't it..." I said, allowing a slight note of suggestiveness to slip into my tone. He blushed again, and looked down at the penne al vodka on his plate. "Can't," he answered, spearing a couple of the penne and stuffing them in his mouth. "You know you can always crash at my place when it breaks up -- no need to go all the way back to yours..." "I need clothes for tomorrow," he protested. Interesting that that was the only deterrent he could think of right away -- or was he trying to hide his relationship with Sam from me? "If you were stuck at the meeting all night you'd have the same problem..." "John, I can't do that..." he protested, although his tone lacked conviction. I fervently wished we were on a wooded jogging trail, or in my office, or even in one of the White House's basement corridors so I could do more to convince him he needed to take me up on my hospitality... "Josh, I really think you should," I said softly, smiling at him. For a moment, I allowed everything to show in my gaze -- he gasped when he saw it, and then I drew the neutral mask back down as I watched his gaze lock studiously on his pasta for the next long moment. "Think about it, Josh," I purred, returning my own attention to my salad. He'd probably be wondering how I knew the meeting had let out, but I wasn't about to tell him how many people on the Hill are willing to provide me with little tidbits of information. He'd probably think I'd been offering them things when I finally win the White House myself... I climbed out of my car and leaned against it, waiting for him. Dennis and a couple of the others took their positions, keeping watch. I knew they hated when I'd do things like this, but there really was little danger in this area -- there were more than enough Capitol police and other law enforcement personnel around. So, I waited, and nodded greetings to other people I recognized as they passed. Finally I spotted him, his curly hair looking even wilder than usual, as if he'd been trying to pull it out. He slung his backpack over one shoulder and ran a hand through his hair, trying to tame it, and then looked around. I could see his eyes widen when he saw me lounging against the car. For a moment, he hesitated, and then he shrugged and trotted down the steps towards me. "Mr. Vice President," he said as he reached the sidewalk, "I wasn't expecting door-to-door service." "It was the least I could do," I answered, stepping away from the car and smiling. "It's pretty late -- we could take you all the way back to your apartment, or you can spend the night at my Residence. Shorter drive, and it's a nice place..." "Yeah, well..." Josh said with a grin, "our tax dollars at work and all that." I couldn't help grinning in response. I loved his sense of humour -- he was so damned irreverent -- it was refreshing. "C'mon, Josh, I've got all these guys hanging around who'd probably like to get a good night's sleep, too..." He glanced over at Dennis and I'm not quite sure what he saw, but it decided it for him. "Sure, I'll crash at your place." We climbed into the car, and discussed the fight over the budget all the way back. By the time we got there, we'd decided to take them all out and start anew -- I hoped that anyone listening knew we were just blowing off steam and hadn't made notes... I sent the agents off to do whatever it is they actually do at night, once again telling Dennis that there were to be no interruptions unless it was an absolute emergency. Then I led Josh into my private living room and made him dump his backpack, jacket, and tie on the couch. "You really, *really* need to relax, Josh," I said, walking past him and heading for the bedroom. "I'd offer you a drink, but I'm a lousy host that way," I added, coming back out sans my own jacket and tie. "There's water..." "Water's fine," Josh said, straightening and turning to face me, and grinning slightly in embarrassment as he realized I'd been standing just behind him. Now, suddenly, we were face-to-face, and I could see nervousness begin to shine in his eyes. "Mr. Vice President--" "John. You used to call me John..." I could see him shiver at the tone I used -- I could always get to him with that. Then I took the half-step closer, and grabbed him, wrapping my arms around him and pulling him tight against me. He struggled for just a moment, and then I felt his body relax against mine, his lips opening to allow my tongue entrance. Oh yes! I plundered his mouth, slightly surprised myself at how forceful I was being. This thing with Leo was really getting to me... I gentled slightly, allowing Josh to pull back and gasp for breath. He was flushed and his body was *hot* everywhere it touched mine -- I wanted to crush him against me; wanted to pin him down and ravish him completely... "John -- I can't!" he panted, looking up at me and licking his kiss-swollen lips. "Josh, I know about Sam -- I know you *love* him and I can never take his place. I wouldn't try anymore than I'd-- I'd never even try. But I want you, and I know he can't be giving you everything I can..." There -- brutally honest, and liable to lose my chance because of it, but I had to say it. Studying his face, I could tell he was conflicted -- he knew I was right, but I could tell that he really did love Sam and didn't want to hurt him. Knowing it was unfair but unable to stop myself, I reached out and stroked his cheek, gently rubbing my thumb over his lips as he stared into my eyes. "Tell me, and I'll stop, Josh," I whispered, drawing closer again and looming slightly. I barely managed to restrain my gasp as his lips parted and the very tip of his tongue darted out to taste my thumb. Then he ducked his gaze, and I heard him whisper, "Sam, I'm sorry..." The next thing I knew, warm wetness engulfed my thumb and Josh began sucking on it like a starving man. *God!* My knees threatened to give out on me, and it felt like there was a huge nerve running straight from my thumb down to my cock. Managing to make my legs work, I backed up, drawing him with me. We entered my bedroom and I stopped to let him close the door. Once the door was shut, I was on him, pressing him back against the heavy wood, kissing him desperately, rubbing my hands over every part of him I could reach. He moaned, his legs buckling slightly as his body surrendered to me, sucking eagerly on my tongue as I plundered his mouth. Oh yes, this was what I'd needed, to feel someone *truly* surrender to me... I reached between us, unbuckling Josh's belt and pulling it free of his beltloops. He pulled back and gasped as he felt me fumbling at his waistband; unfastening and unzipping his trousers and then turning my attention to pulling his shirt out of his pants and unbuttoning it. I really wanted to tear his shirt off him, but I knew he'd need it -- he'd never fit in one of my shirts, and I certainly didn't need him showing up in the office looking as if he'd spent the night in drunken debauchery after getting into my car! Finally his shirt was open -- I tugged his undershirt out of his trousers and slid my hands up underneath the white cotton, rubbing my hands all over his torso. He was moaning and allowing me to take every liberty, tossing his head back so hard when I pinched his nipples that I thought he smacked it into the door. Finally, he managed to remember how to speak; gasped, "John -- the bed..." I couldn't help laughing -- his hair was wild, his pants open and beginning to slide down his hips, his shirt pushed partway down his arms and his undershirt rolled up around the middle of his chest. And he had the most beautiful, amazed expression lighting his eyes -- had he forgotten the way I could make him feel? He looked so totally fuckable it was all I could do to keep from turning him around and throwing him back against the door again... "Josh, you wouldn't believe how sexy you look right now... Get your damned clothes off and get on that bed, *now*." I stepped to one side to let him past me, and as he went by, I swatted his ass with the belt I realized I was still holding -- his own belt... A thrill went through me as he gasped in surprise and looked back at me accusingly. "That's *my* belt!" "That's right," I answered with a smile, "and I'm going to whip your ass crimson with it..." "God..." Josh breathed, peeling his clothes off so hurriedly that I was worried *he* was going to rip them. Once he stood naked before me, I finally unbuttoned my own shirt and shrugged out of it, then stripped off my undershirt. I took a step closer to him and shoved him back with one hand in the middle of his chest, licking my lips as he fell back onto my bed and lay there staring up at me. His cock was so hard, bobbing with every beat of his pulse as I looked down at him and smiled again. He stared up at me with a tiny bit of apprehension, and I couldn't hold back a groan as my own cock throbbed. "Josh..." I purred, running the fine leather of his belt across my palm; folding it in half to make it easier to use. "Get on your stomach -- grab a pillow and put it under your hips -- you know the right angle..." He obeyed eagerly, sending another shiver of lust through me -- I wanted to keep my trousers on to keep that psychological advantage, but the constriction on my own erection was becoming quite uncomfortable. I walked around the bed to stand at the foot so that he couldn't see me, then stripped off the rest of my clothes, barely restraining my sigh of relief. I studied Josh as he lay before me, his leanly muscled body splayed across my bed awaiting my attentions. He was tall, but definitely on the slender side; a little bony, even, around the knees and elbows. I knew he'd lost a little muscle tone since the shooting -- our meeting during his jog was more than proof of that -- but it didn't matter to me. His personality, his irreverence, and his willingness to allow me to truly indulge myself -- those were what appealed to me the most... "You're killin' me here, John," he murmured, trying to look over his shoulder at me. "Do not turn around," I instructed, sliding easily into the role I loved to play with him. Immediately, he obeyed, dropping his head into the pillow he was clinging to. I smiled and licked my lips, then climbed onto the bed to kneel next to his thighs. Very gently, I stroked the belt up the near thigh, drawing it away from him to give a light slap when I reached his buttcheek. I repeated the same move on the other side, biting my lip when he gasped. Oh god, this was exactly what I'd needed to make me feel more like myself! I trailed the belt up and down between his thighs, skimming them ever so gently and enjoying his response. He squirmed against the pillow, panting and trying not to speak because he knew when he did he'd be begging. He spread his legs more and twitched his hips, daring me to punish him. Naturally, I had to -- he couldn't be allowed to be so bad... I drew the belt back and smacked it down on his ass, relishing both the impact and Josh's surprised gasp. I repeated the move, gasping myself as arousal surged through me when he cried out. I had missed this -- missed him... Bringing the belt down again, I smacked him firmly across both cheeks, and then again before he had a chance to recover. He groaned into the pillow and spread his legs slightly. I took full advantage, slapping him low on the buttocks, closer to the crease where they join the thigh; again and again until he was panting and gasping and thrusting into the pillow. "God -- John -- yes!" he panted. I slowed slightly to let him recover, but he'd have none of that. "Please, more..." he pleaded, forgetting himself and looking back over his shoulder again. "Face front, Josh," I ordered. His eyes widened and he turned back to stare at the headboard, and I heard a soft whisper, "I'm sorry, Sir." "Not good enough," I said softly. "You've been bad again..." "I should be punished..." he suggested, thrusting into the pillow again and daring me. Oh yes... I brought the belt down again, harder than before across the already reddened skin of his buttocks; the feel of the impact and the sound of Josh's soft cry making arousal burn through my body. I knew he wanted me to be even rougher, but I kept a firm rein on my desire to accommodate -- I didn't want to do anything to risk causing him damage so soon after a nearly fatal gunshot wound! And, damn it, he *was* trying to goad me; wiggling his hips and raising up his ass slightly, rearranging the pillow. With that beautiful display in front of me, who was I to ignore it? I raised my hand again and brought the belt down on his ass, again and again and again; hitting him just hard enough to make it sting intensely but not truly *hurt*. The blows continued, and I could hear him becoming more and more aroused; each slap of the belt sending a shock of lust through both of us, his breathing becoming more ragged... He was so sexy, so beautiful -- so willing... He had me so hot I knew it wouldn't be long now -- there wasn't even enough time to pause to retrieve the lube and get inside him. Instead I continued to whip him -- lighter blows, now, but closer together so there was a nearly constant stimulus of almost-pain. As we both drew closer, I realized the sound I heard harmonizing with his beautiful husky shouts was my own voice growling, "Oh god -- oh yeah, Josh!" One last, hard slap, and Josh came all over my pillow, his hoarse, lusty cry pulling me along with him. It felt like the orgasm began in my toes, building up momentum as it reached my balls and exploded out of my cock all over his back and his abused ass. Even before the spasms faded, Josh was rolling onto his side and pulling me down into an embrace, covering my face with kisses. There were tears sparkling in his eyes and wet on his face, but he was smiling. "God, John, I really missed that..." he whispered between the kisses. "God..." I held him close, knowing he needed some time to come down from the endorphin high -- from the way we had both cum, I didn't think we'd be doing anything else tonight. The fact that he was starting to drift off in my arms confirmed that. "Josh, are you okay?" I asked, stroking his back and gently stroking over what I could reach of his abused ass. "Damn, that's going to bruise," I murmured, feeling the weals that had already risen on his flesh. "I'm sorry, Josh..." "Sam's gonna kill me," he murmured against my neck. "I didn't mean to cause trouble, Josh, if there's anything I can do..." "I'll apologize to him, it'll be okay," he murmured. He looked up and I could see he was already half asleep. "Don' worry." He smiled sleepily and dropped a kiss on my lips, then snuggled against me. He was snoring in moments, but I lay there for a long time, just holding him and trying to forget the feelings he had managed to awaken in me again. Sex with Josh was like playing with fire... --==**==-- To be continued...