TITLE: A Slice of Life - 4 Logan "What If?" Snippets

AUTHOR: Scorpio

ARCHIVE: Want. Take. Have.

FANDOM: X-Men

PAIRING: Logan/Remy, Logan/Bobby, Logan/Sidney, Logan/Hank

RATING: PG-13

NOTE: Remember those "What If?" issues that Marvel occasionally puts out that highlight a character's life in an "alternate reality" that would/could happen if one thing had occurred slightly different? Yeah... me too.

DISCLAIMER: Stan Lee, not Scorpio.

SUMMARY: A day in the life of Logan. Morning. Afternoon. Evening. Night. Four times of the day, four various realities... and four different lovers.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Slice of Life - 4 Logan "What If?" Snippets
by Scorpio
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SNIPPET # 1 - GAMBIT

"Merde!"

Remy stomped out of the bathroom, scowl firmly in place, red eyes glowing in irritation. His long silky auburn locks were pulled back into a loose ponytail at the back of his neck and the majority of the lower half of his handsome face was covered with thick foamy shaving cream. All except for one inch wide swath of smooth skin which ended in a trickle of blood that was
slowly turning the white foam pink.

Muttering in his trademark patois of French and broken English, the pissed off Cajun strode right up to his lover and waved a dripping wet razor in front of himself, using it to punctuate his more colorful epitaphs.

"Cher?"

Logan looked up from tying his boots, an amused smile tugging up the corner of his lips.

"Nex' time, don' use Remy's razor, comprendez tu? If it come down to de choice of Gambit's razor or Wolverine's claws, den you shave wit de claws."

Logan blinked, desperately trying to bite back his laughter while Remy glared at him, shaving cream slowly dripping from his chin to splatter against his bare chest. Suddenly, Remy spun on his heel and stomped back into the bathroom, his arms still waving and his patois still spilling from his full lips. Logan was left sitting on the edge of their bed, one boot on and the other half tucked underneath. And a look of amusement etched onto his own clean-shaven face.


SNIPPET # 2 - ICEMAN

Long-john thermal underwear, heavy denim jeans, long sleeved flannel shirt, thick wool socks, waterproof boots, quilted jacket, knitted scarf and hat, plus fur lined leather gloves. Finally, Logan was ready to go out into what was being referred to as the worst blizzard to hit Westchester in over 50 years.

Taking a deep breath and bracing himself, Logan pushed open the back door. Instantly, the wind snatched it out of his grasp, flinging it against the brick wall with a bang. Squinting his eyes against the stinging cold wind, Logan stepped through the doorway and reached for the door. He battled against the fierce wind for possession of it briefly, but he finally prevailed, shutting it tightly.

Turning back away from the mansion and facing directly into the howling winter storm, Logan felt his eyes begin to tear up from the bitterly cold wind. Blinding wet snow fell heavily, stinging his cheeks and nose. His lungs ached from the chill frozen air that he was breathing in and he fought the urge to grin.

He began to walk away from the mansion, his boots crunching in the snow. Looking around, Logan fancied the thought that all color had been frozen out of the world. Gray sky, black trees, white snow covering everything.

PLOP

A cold wet snowball smacked him in the middle of his back, yanking him out of his wandering thoughts. Glancing over his shoulder, Logan couldn't help but grin and chuckle at his lover and his antics.

Shimmering ice crackling loudly over the howl of the wind as if formed and reformed, Bobby created the ice sled to end all ice sleds. It looped up and around in circles and spires, twists and turns. It reached up to great heights in the air and then dropped down to skim the snow covered earth. It was deceptively delicate looking and inhumanly beautiful. It wasn't often that Logan was able to admire Bobby's ice creations because they usually began to melt away while he was still working on them. But not today. Today the ice refused to melt, thriving in the wintery cold, just as Bobby himself did.

A few more twists and turns, then the sparkling ice slide brought his lover over to him in a crackling cacophony of ice and laughter.

"Hey Wolvie! Isn't it a beautiful day today!"

Logan looked around at the howling blizzard with all of it's blinding snow, raging winds and bitterly cold temperatures. Then he looked over at his laughing and excited icy lover.

"Gorgeous, Icicle. Simply gorgeous."


SNIPPET # 3 - MORPH

Logan stepped out of the steamy shower to see his lover standing naked in front of the floor to ceiling mirror over at the dressing area. He allowed his eyes to roam over the soft pale flesh appreciatively as he made his way to the sink. Logan began drying his body off, his anticipation for a night out on the town growing by leaps and bounds when Sidney spoke.

"So, love. What are you hungry for tonight?"

Logan considered it briefly.

"Um... steak. Rare."

Sidney's laughter bubbled up rich and filled with startled delight.

"No silly. I meant *me*. How do you want *me* tonight? Male? Female? Blonde, brunette or red head?"

Logan twisted up his damp towel and hung it around his neck. Reaching up with one hand, he ran it across his chin, feeling the stubble that he was preparing to shave off. With his other hand, Logan grabbed the shaving cream and shook up the can. Glancing into the mirror, his eyes connected with Sidney's.

"Um... How about... blonde?"

Sidney smiled at him and his image in the mirror shimmered slightly. When the image crystallized once again, long golden blonde hair hung in silky waves around his lover's face. Logan squirted some shaving cream into one hand and winked at Sidney in the mirror.

"And female. A *voluptuous* female. Let's make all the men jealous of me and all of the women envy you. Wha'cha say?"

Sidney's rich laugh rang out once again even as his entire body began to shimmer and blur. Halfway through his transformation, Sidney's voice lightened, becoming higher pitched and softer. Slowly, his lover's image became more solid, more defined until a tall blonde woman with full firm breasts, a tiny waistline and soft rounded hips was standing in the dressing area smirking at him.

"Logan. You are a naughty naughty boy."

Logan chuckled deep in his throat, his eyes sparkling with excitement.


SNIPPET # 4 - BEAST

Blue.

Blue and furry.

Blue, furry and *hot*.

Logan peeled open one eye and realized that it was still dark. Middle of the night dark. And he was buried under 400 plus pounds of blue furry Ph.D.. He took a brief moment to appreciate the admantium lacing his skeleton because without it he'd have been crushed by his larger lover. As it was, Logan just enjoyed the cuddle immensely.

Except that he was hot.

Overly hot.

Both he and Hank tended to be warm blooded individuals alone, but together they generated quite a lot of heat. And with Hank draped across him like a large blue fur blanket, Logan couldn't move and couldn't catch a breeze. Hell's bells, he couldn't even sweat!

Not sure if he wanted to scowl or grin, Logan wiggled and squirmed until he got one arm free from underneath Hank's shaggy bulk. He reached up and shook his lover by the shoulder.

"Hank? Roll over, bub. I need some air under here."

Hank snored in his ear and cuddled down tighter on top of him. Logan snorted in amusement and tried again, only this time he ran his fingers along Hank's cheek and then curled them behind his ear.

"Come on beautiful. Ya squashing me. Roll over."

Hank hummed at him softly, but he didn't move, roll over or in any way let Logan cool off. In spite of the fact that Hank was being absolutely adorable in a clingy sort of way, Logan was still hot. Very hot.

Wiggling and straining, Logan was finally able to crane his head around until he was facing the other direction. Peering out from under Hank's shoulder, Logan could just make out the bottom corner of the window. Stretching his arm towards it, he extended his claws.

SCHNICK

He stretched. He reached. He nearly dislocated his elbow, but his claws fell just inches shy of the window. It was staying closed.

Muttering some colorful oaths under his breath, Logan retracted his claws. He was hot and smooshed. And he wasn't taking it any longer.

Logan poked.

He prodded.

He growled.

He squirmed.

He pinched.

He even let out a shout loud enough to warrant a thump on the wall from Bobby and Remy's bedroom next door.

And Hank merely continued to snore softly in his ear. Logan sighed a put-upon and defeated sigh. He whispered one last breathy comment.

"I bet that if the Med-Lab was on fire that you'd move."

Instantly sitting straight up in bed, Hank glanced around blearily while blinking his eyes to bring them into focus.

"What? Who? The Med-Lab? A fire where?"

Logan just glared at his furry blue lover.


END: A Slice of Life...

Scorpio
~*~ scorpiofic@aol.com ~*~

http://members.tripod.com/sentinel-cat/Scorpio/