Title: Surp-Risa!

Author: Jules Heath

(juls@texas.net)

Fandom: Star Trek The Next Generation

Pairing: Will Riker/Data

Sequel to follow: Twice in a Blue Moon

Thank you for your interest.

NC 17

Surp-Risa!

by Jules Heath

Data looked up at Lore. He hovered over him -- his breath hot and thick with desire. He ran his tongue across his lips and made a biting gesture. Then he hesitated, leering down at Data, waiting...

"Don't stop, please," Data whispered.

"Tell me how much you like it, " Lore demanded. "I want you to say it!"

"I want you, Brother," he said without pause or conflict, no longer afraid of the words.

"Go on," Lore insisted, "finish!"

"Fuck me, Lore! Please..."

"That's right, little Brother, I know what you like. You want your big brother to ram this right up your ass, don't you?" He viciously shoved in but refused to move until Data told him what he wanted to hear. "Don't you!"

He made himself larger once inside, stretching Data until he moaned with pleasure.

"No one else can do this for you, Data." He thrust deep and hard. "No one else! I read you like a book, Brother," he hissed. Lore wound his tongue around one of Data's nipples during hammering thrusts. It popped up in instant response and Data's pelvis leapt to impact with his brother's loins. He put his hands on the bed for extra push, bolting up to collide with Lore on every thrust. He couldn't get enough!With each stroke, Lore stripped away another layer of Data's will, taking control of his mind and body. He was at Lore's brutal mercy. Lore was his master and could use him to any end. He belonged to his brother!

* * * *

"And then what happened, Data," she gently prodded. It had taken Deanna three sessions to get at what was really bothering him. She had let him tell most of the account at his own pace, but he had been quiet for so long that she was beginning to think he was going to stop right there. Data frowned and continued to stare at the floor. He had not been able to look at her since he started relating the story.

"I am sorry, Counselor. This is...extremely difficult for me. I have never been involved in a conversation of such a private nature.

"Just remember, Data, I'm your counselor. Everything you tell me is confidential and nothing you can say will shock me." It was only a partial lie; practically everything he'd told her since he sat down today had challenged her professional expression of casual interest, just because it was Data telling this rather unpredictable tale.

"None-the-less, it does not dispel my awkwardness in relaying such personal details. However, I shall continue as best I can.

"Once I had acknowledged the possessive aspect of our relationship, the sexual intensity began to build to an...overwhelming level. It was most disturbing," he said with a regretful shake of his head.

Data sat quietly with his hands tensely folded in his lap.

"And was there...did you have an orgasm?" she asked neutrally.

Data rolled his eyes as if only then realizing he was going to have to cross that final line. He hesitated, wanting very badly not to answer. At last, he softly admitted, "Yes."

She could feel his embarrassment and vulnerability; on a more subtle level, she sensed confusion and a loss of self-identity. Using her most clinical voice, she asked,

"Was it pleasant?"

"It was...indescribable! I have not been able to dispel it from my thought processes."

"What happened after that?"

"I woke up."

"You said you've had other dreams of this nature involving Lore."

"Seventeen, at present," Data said remorsefully.

"When did they start?"

"Soon after Lore's experience with Ra*. I have never been able to confirm or invalidate the things that he told me about our past. The dreams have become more frequent since my return from the Borg. My seduction was...it had been a very long time since I had been sexually active. Even though I was a prisoner, the experience was extremely evocative," he said, closing his eyes in enduring guilt they had often discussed.

"Yet, instead of dreaming of the actual seduction, your dreams are focusing on Lore." He nodded silently. "Perhaps Lore is symbolic of something you're desiring."

Data looked skeptically at her.

"Are you saying that sometimes a cigar is not a cigar at all?"

Without exception, Data was one of the most amusing people she'd ever been around. He picked the oddest times to try to interject humor. She smiled at the alternate context to what she'd once told him.

"Well, I suppose that's one way to put it. Have you ever had any homosexual inclinations?"

"As you are aware, before the chip was installed I had no sexual inclinations at all. I thought that I had no libido. However, since I have begun a more extensive exploration of sexuality, I have come to believe that neutrality was due to a wide range of desires. So the answer to your question would be, yes."

"I see. And have you ever pursued such a relationship?"

"Yes."

Her chin didn't drop to the ground, in fact -- she didn't even blink. Data would never stop surprising her. She had expected him to say something along the lines of, `I have been researching the phenomenon and I am trying to establish parameters regarding blah blah blah' -- but 'yes'!

"Good, good. Direct confrontation is always a healthy approach. How did it go for you?"

Data smiled shyly, and nodded. "I found it quite satisfying." "As satisfying as your dreams?"

Data frowned. "It was my first experience and the incident was very intense. It would not be an easy situation to duplicate." He did not go into the details of being with a Vulcan in the sexual delirium of Pon Farr. "However, the second time, which I deem to be more standard, did not match the potency of my dreams. Am I offending you, Counselor?"

"No, Data," she said gently. Her odd look had been inspired by his use of the term 'standard' to describe a sexual encounter. It was another result of his compulsion to classify things so that he might better understand them. "In fact, you're being very easy to work with. You want to know what's going on with you. That's the greatest asset a counselor can have in a client. Please, let's go on. Do you feel that Lore's presence in your dreams is what makes them more exciting for you?"

"I am not sure if the added attraction is Lore or his sexual prowess."

"So he is very knowledgeable in your dreams."

"And domineering," he said as he tightly closed his eyes.

This was so difficult for him. She could see as well as feel the turmoil this discussion had unleashed. She had never thought of Data as sexual being until recently -- probably because he had never seen himself in that light. Now that he had emotions, new feelings and ideas were evolving in him everyday. There was an emerging sensuality growing in Data that was becoming noticeable to his friends, but it was still alien to him. He didn't yet know what to do with the things he felt.

"Domineering," she said, thinking out loud.

"Is that why your first experience was so intense, while the second one wasn't?"

"My second partner was not as...driven."

"Do you find Lore attractive?"

"Really, counselor, my modesty..." he gave her a devilish smile. His humor, overbearing at first, was now becoming so casual that she couldn't resist smiling back.

"For the moment, let's forget that you two are identical. If you had a different appearance, would you find Lore attractive?"

Data considered the question very carefully. She could just imagine him scanning half the life forms he'd ever encountered, just to have a frame of reference for an aesthetic comparison to Lore. For all that he'd changed, she was glad that he was still very much the same.

"Not in particular, no," he said at last. "He is not an organic life-form, which I prefer; and he is very pale."

"And yet, you find him sexually appealing." It was not a question. She could actually feel his desire.

"Undeniably," Data agreed in a strained voice.

"Was he forceful?" The question brought on a renewed wave of desire. Data wanted to be dominated!

Perhaps the things Lore had said were true. If he had molested Data when he had been young and his neural pathways were still forming, that first sexual experience with Lore could be determining what he was wanting now, even if it was not within his memory records. If his subconscious worked like a human's, it was a possibility and should be kept in mind.

"Data, domination is something that many people find appealing. It's not a bad thing if both parties agree and no one is harmed."

"This is not an...unnatural desire?"

She smiled. He always needed so desperately to be a `normal' individual, as if such a thing existed.

"Sexual desires are as diverse as...food preference, Data. It's also possible that this is just a phase and that when the newness of the experience wears off, as you're exposed to other methods and situations, you will become more aware of what you really want out of a sexual encounter.

"Then your advice is...?"

"Explore. In a month, we'll all be on leave for three weeks while the Enterprise is in space dock. I would suggest going someplace where no one knows you and see what happens. Maybe Lore doesn't have as much to do with this as you think."

Data's face reflected other concerns.

"I have worried that such activities would not be a wise move, so far as my career is concerned. I understand that there is still a stigma attached to homosexual pairings within Starfleet."

Deanna had to acknowledge that possibility, even if she thought it remote.

"To some extent, that's true. But with the cultural influences brought about by our expansion, tolerance and acceptance are becoming more common in most areas. Sexuality is one of them." Data gave her a trusting nod. "However," she added hastily, knowing Data's tendency to take things to extremes, "I wouldn't advertise it among Fleeters." Data looked confused again.

"Without an exchange of information, how can I conduct a search for potential partners?"He was so child-like when his innocence slipped out.

"I'm sure there are ways. Someone with your talent for inquiries shouldn't have too much trouble figuring that out. Just remember, different establishments cater to different types of clientele."

"Ah. I understand. Discretion, not secrecy, is the operative word."

"Good luck, Data." She held his hand to impart her last piece of advice. "And have fun. Come back any time before we go on leave if you want to talk some more.""Thank you, Counselor. I shall take your advice to heart." Now why did the way he phrased that worry her?

* * * *

Risa was a fascinating place to await his new orders. It was almost certain he would be reassigned to the Enterprise, as would all the senior officers and department heads; it was merely a formality. However, it was a due process that would halt a fleet in its tracks by not coming through due to error or omission. He couldn't imagine a better place to conduct his research.

He had been here before but he had never taken leave here. In fact, he had never taken leave anywhere. In many ways this was an entirely new life for him, or at the very least, a new way to view things.

Risa was as Bohemian as could be found. Nothing was outrageous here and any tastes could be accommodated. Variety was abundant and pleasure was the order of the day. Although he was enthusiastic about being on Risa, the very thing that made it desirable intimidated him.

Sexual appetites ran high all over the planet. Knowing what he was here to investigate, he checked into what was -- he had been warned -- one of the seedier of the capital's facilities. One glance around the lobby told him that. This was exactly where he wanted to be.

He had brought nothing of his life with him -- not even a Starfleet uniform, so he had no luggage. It was obvious from the people he saw that attire was extremely important to this intra-cultural mixture. His observations could easily be equated with the feral occurrences of animals attracting mates with colorful plumage or elaborate ornamentation. In a place where social attention was on a visually competitive level, the only thing that made him stand out was his platitude. That would be corrected at once. His first stop was a tailor.

Vreeba was the lead artisan at Passion's Fashions. Data had entered the room to a squat little man skittering across the floor on invisible feet, who stuffed a knuckle in his mouth at the prospect of getting to work on an albino. When Data had informed him that he was an android, the odd fellow's eyes had fluttered like he was about to faint dead away. He pulled a canister out of his pocket, breathed a hiss of gas when the unit was activated. As the aqua color returned to his cheeks, he clapped his hands twice and the proverbial red carpet was unrolled.

A drink was shoved into his hand; hors d' oeuvres were offered and sampled.A small party fell together around him and people began introducing themselves, announcing their specialties and offering advice.

"Mr. Data," Vreeba's voice chimed, "we've never had an android in this establishment before. I've never even met an android. This is spectacular! How do you feel about crimson?" he sputtered as his mind raced.

"In what context?"

"No -- that's all wrong," he suddenly decided.

"May I shake your hand?"

Data extended his arm, inanely grinning. He could not help feeling important by the attention he was receiving and the treatment Vreeba was giving him.

"Mmmm, nice skin. What do you use?"

"Nothing."

"Amazing. Maybe I try too hard," he said, staring at his stubby fingers. "Oh well."

He led Data to an alcove in an inner suite. An old-fashioned mirror, an over-stuffed chair and a keypad were the only furnishings in the room. Data sat in the chair when told to make himself comfortable and sipped on the cocktail while the little man keyed in several programs.

"I'm going to scan you now," he said. Data nodded. That done, he asked, "Your hair?"

"Yes, it is."

Vreeba chuckled and clapped his hands together.

"No no no, Mr. Data. I mean, what color are you going to make it?"

"I had no intention of altering the color of my hair. Is it necessary?"

The little man stuck out a lower lip. Data was not sure if he was pouting or thinking."Not necessary, but I would advise it. Brown is so drab."

"I do not wish to appear 'drab'," he frowned.

"Did you have a shade in mind?"

"What wouldn't go with your skin color? Your choices are unlimited! Would you consider fuchsia? Or perhaps mauve?"

"Are you serious or are you applying sarcasm?"

He giggled and wrinkled his nose at Data."You mechanical marvel -- I could work on you every day! Your coloring is a designer's dream. Be wild! Try anything! If you don't like it or it doesn't produce the desired effects, I'll change it for you instantly. I'll be at your disposal twenty-nine hours a day. I'll guarantee your success. You just tell me what image you want to convey, darling."

He had no idea that this would be so complex. There were formulas involved that had not been adequately explained. Of course, color combination was a major factor -- that much was obvious. But there were also aspects of personal tastes, visual impressions, the type of person he wished to attract, current fashion trends...things about which he hadn't a clue.

Vreeba showed him, literally, hundreds of examples of possible appearances. A hologram of Data rotated in front of them, displaying the endless variations available to him. Occasionally, Data would suggest a change or ask to try something on to see how it fit. While many designers would have become impatient with Data, Vreeba's excitement only grew with each creation.

It was a fun time for everyone involved in the expanding party around him. When the session was over, the inevitable fashion parade to rate the final results would always remain an outstanding memory.

Data had looked very nearly the same for the past thirty-six years, ever since he had been re-activated by the star fleet officers that had discovered him. When he left the salon, if not for his extremely recognizable skin and eyes, he could have walked onto the bridge of the Enterprise and be thrown off for unauthorized entry into a secured area! He had raven black hair, streaked with the same gold that highlighted his eyelashes. His eyebrows were also gold, with a thin black underline. Cobalt and black were the colors of choice for his wardrobe, with some maroon, gold, and mixed earth colors thrown in. He had ordered everything from flowing shirts and fitted vests to satin capes and shiny black knee boots. At Vreeba's insistence, he had included a large selection of personal garments such as robes, slippers, and a variety of exotic wears. It was all topped off with a gold-tipped cane and a slight splattering of jewelry.

During the long and sometimes teary good-byes, Data heard words like 'dashing' and 'debonair', and other adjectives he'd never heard applied to him. He found his newly awakened emotions definitely included an active ego and he basked graciously in the attention he was getting.As he strolled back to the Inn, there were few heads that didn't turn his way. While this caused him some discomfort, it also spurred an intense satisfaction that he could not wait to discuss with Counselor Troi. He was wearing a black shirt with blue embroidery, black pants and boots, and the black cape with cobalt lining.

He was becoming afraid he had over-done it because, while he was inspiring great interest, it was all indirect, remote. He was aware of an increased tension as he passed by, and hoped this wouldn't make him even more unapproachable than humans already often found him. But as Vreeba pointed out, anything about his appearance could be changed on a whim. He could 'live on the edge' for a while.

It was at the Inn that this all changed. He refused several advances from both sexes by explaining that he had just arrived. He had to physically remove one particularly lovely young woman who draped herself around his neck and waist like a Regulan double-python.

When he finally made it to his suite, he leaned against the door as it closed. It was like being in a play with no script! He found his excitement growing as he defined his role and how to play it, while finding himself in the process.

This was the biggest personal challenge he'd undertaken since his decision to join Starfleet, when he left the isolated safety of the Institute to enter the Academy. That was when he started learning to interact with people on a professional and social level. In many ways, this was much the same. It all revolved around a whole new concept of interaction with others in a way that had always been foreign to him. He had to establish new parameters for behavioral reactions, and the first thing he had to do was determine what those parameters were.

He considered his day while he opened packages, put his clothes away and organized his suite. He even bought a few items to personalize his suite. However, some things never change. Before another excursion, he'd accessed the Risian Cultural Archives through the slow computer terminal in the living area. He became thoroughly versed in local customs, slang, music, current trends, foods, taboos, and all the other things that would have brought a smile to the faces of those who knew him. Data was Data! He stepped out of the Inn and into the turbulent Risian night-life with confidence, knowledge, and the purposeful thrill of seeking the unknown.

* * * *

Within a few days, Data discovered that he was a prominent topic within the esoteric little community where he had rooted himself. Companionship of any nature was available upon his request. In fact, almost anything in the known galaxy was available and the only real law in effect here was no harm, no pressure. It was a virtual crossroads for rarities and offerings.

Data was delighted that he was able to experience every glorious nano-second of this period and that he was being so readily accepted. He held a brand new appreciation for his father's dedication, spending the last decades of his mortal life to ensure this would be possible for him. If only his father could see him now. Mundane, indeed!

He instantly fell in with the liberal elite. His intelligence and charm made him the highlight of any party or reception and his knowledge of art and music had him in demand at all of the social engagements. His training in 'babble’-- now tempered by a new understanding of 'irritating' -- and a pension towards his father's dramatic flair attracted a variety of types from which he could choose. This availability made him glad he had no need for rest.

There were many forms of unique entertainment on Risa. One of the most popular was interactive theatre. Classic stage productions hundreds of years old were given new life with each performance. Selected members of the audience were invited to participate in unpredictable ways, forcing the actors to adlib their way through predetermined parts of the play. Vital elements were always changed and no production ever unfolded the same way twice.

Data was at his forth viewing of 'Breakfast in Bed'. This was a delightful comedy based on four couples having breakfast in bed during vital junctures of their lives and the bizarre things that interrupt and connect them to each other.

During intermission, Data had been asked to critique the evening’s performance thus far when he heard a familiar voice stammering over his name. He turned to see the stunned face of Commander Riker.

"Sir, I was not aware that you were here," he said casually.

"I...I just arrived. Data, what the Hell's going on?" he asked in a hushed tone.

"It can be confusing if you missed the first of the play. When Count Gomava goes into De Le 'Torr Aee's room, he..."

"May I talk to you, Data?" Riker asked, indicating a more private corner.

Data excused himself from the gentlemen he'd been speaking with and accompanied his commander. When they were more isolated, Riker stared at him, mouth ajar, long enough for Data to become restless and ask, "There was something you wished to discuss with me?"

Data wondered if he'd been too defensive when the shocked look faded into a wide Riker grin.

"Data...you look great, but what's gotten into you?"

The stunned look returned when Lt. Comdr. Data indecorously snickered. "It is always more humorous when you are unaware of what you have said."

"What have I said, Data?" The android produced a full laugh this time.

"You might say it is an inside joke." He laughed again. Riker never thought he'd see the day when he was playing straight man for Data. It was wonderful to see these kind of experimental changes taking place, but he couldn't help but worry that the naive android couldn't possibly know what he was getting himself into in this hedonistic environment.

"Data," he said without losing his grin, "do you know what it means to carry the Horga'hn'?"

"Of course," he said, giving Riker a knowing nod.

"Oh." Will's smile turned devilish. "Having a good time, are you, Data?"

"Yes. A most fascinating shore leave. Perhaps I will take leave on a more regular basis."

Now the smile was starting to fade.

"Data, uh...do you know what it means to wear that finger webbing?" Data solemnly nodded.

"I assure you, I have studied every aspect of Risian culture. It is male companionship that I have been seeking."

"I see. I, I just wanted...to be sure." Riker popped his fingers nervously. "I can't get over how you look. Somehow, it's almost as natural on you as your uniform."

"Vreeba says to 'go with what you got'," he leaned in close and whispered to his shipmate, "but sometimes, I just feel silly."

Riker pounded his shoulder in moral support. "Data, if you're having fun, what does it matter? I don't think you look silly. My God, you look so exotic!" He refused to use the word 'beautiful', even though it might apply. "Very sensual!"

Data gave him a skeptical eye. "I find that difficult to accept from you, Commander."

"Believe me, my friend, no one's more surprised than I am. I mean it. You've done everything right. You have class, Mr. Data."He accepted the compliments with a bowing nod. His eyelashes glistened in the soft light. His hair was a little longer and black as coal, with gossamer gold feathering around his face and neck that drew his hair into his natural coloring.

Data had managed to enhance his femininity without losing his masculinity. He had the striking, regal appearance of an alien prince with unforeseen ways. Will could not have been more impressed, or more surprised by his own reaction.

After the play, to the disappointment of several amorous suitors, Data invited Riker to accompany him to an old-style espresso house for folk music and poetry reading. He was aware of the eyes on them as they left the theatre together. It wasn't until they arrived at the coffeehouse that he realized it was not judgement, but jealousy, provoking those looks. He encountered a couple of dozen men and women that would gladly have traded places with him.

That was when he started wondering exactly what his intentions for Data had become. Within an hour, he heard himself asking Data to show him where he was staying -- that he wasn't happy with his accommodations. He felt his face flush as they walked out in the middle of a reading, certain that everyone in the room had known where they were going.

He felt like he was watching himself in a dream when they stopped beside a fountain and he told Data of an old Earth custom. He tossed a Risian coin into the glowing water, looked Data in the eyes and told him to make a wish.

Riker was stunned when he saw Data's suite. It exceeded luxurious. It was positively decadent. It was equipped with a personal holodeck unit and anti-grav fields that could be voice-activated from any room. Data had obviously spared no expense on this vacation. He seemed relaxed, comfortable with himself and happy. It did Riker's heart good to see his friend this way and he was delighted to see him mixing so easily with the people around him. He felt like the android had overcome obstacles that had been giving him trouble for years.

It also did something to Riker seeing Data this way. In the past few hours, he had transformed from a friend he had barely recognized into an erotic tantalizer. Data had done nothing to encourage him in a sexual context, but he exuded sensuality. If this was another one of the roles he sometimes played, he had captured his character down to the expression, and his motivation was apparent. Yet, he had behaved so properly and seemed so genuinely glad to see a familiar face, it was about to drive Riker out of his mind. He was still calling him Commander!It was quite possible that Data wasn't at all interested in having sex with a friend; maybe that was why he came here. He might prefer an anonymous encounter, or maybe Data wasn't attracted to him. He was relieved when Data distracted him by asking if he was hungry. He hadn't yet realized he was starving.

Dinner was served by a holo-butler and was one of the best he'd ever had. Data nibbled while he wolfed down most of the meal.Data's attitude seemed to change while they dined. It was every bit the romantic setting Riker would have arranged: candle light, soft music, excellent food, unobtrusive service and century-old brandy when they'd finished. He'd seen Data studying him as he ate, becoming more solicitous, even anxious. He saw a hunger growing in Data's eyes that food would not be able to satisfy. It made him all the more ravishing. Riker had to tug at his pants when they rose from the table -- and Data didn't miss it. He led Riker to a sinfully comfortable chair, stood behind it and patted its back, inviting him to sit. His brow rose over smiling eyes as he took the seat. Data reached down and ran long fingers gently over the back on his neck on the way to his shoulders and started massaging.

Data definitely knew what he was doing here. He found every tense or sore spot and worked it out. When Data had relaxed him so thoroughly that he feared he might soon fall asleep, he reached behind him and rested a hand over Data's. The hand fell still, inert, waiting for the answer to his unasked question. So he pulled him around in front of him, just looking at Data for a silent moment, drinking in his strange beauty. Data relished the look and returned the piercing gaze. It was a look that promised a night of intemperate passion.

"Computer, lower lights," he said without breaking the lock of their eyes.

"Execute program 434, 19th century English manor construction."

The overhead light dimmed, to be replaced by the flickering of simulated flames in a fireplace of stone. After a moment, in the soft lights, Riker pulled Data closer.

"I just can't believe how stunning you are," he whispered.

"I have always found you to be an extremely attractive man...Will." That took him back a bit.

"Always? Even before you had your chip?"

"The chip did not change my tastes. It simply made me aware of them." His voice was gentle, even beckoning. He was damned irresistible!

Riker pulled Data closer with a finger under the chin, lifting those soft lips to meet his. Data's kiss was as gentle as his voice, making him seem delicate and vulnerable. Riker's arms encircled steely limbs that were supple and passive -- he wanted to be Will's.

Another kiss exploded into two mouths that were suddenly trying to consume each other. Data's clothes seemed to fall off him, leaving him free to tease Will into nudity. Piece by luscious piece, Data nuzzled, nibbled and stripped him until they were both naked and entwined on a fur rug on the floor. Data's skin was softer than any woman's. His waist was trim and only a slight scattering of hair covered his body. He didn't feel masculine in Riker's arms. Though heavier than his average partner, the additional weight didn't distract from the experience, but enhanced its uniqueness.

Cool to the touch and hard like satin stretched over granite, he must have had molten lava flowing through those android veins.After they'd enjoyed extensive playful nibbling and exploring, Data climbed on top of him and pushed his shoulders to the floor. He ran pale hands appreciatively over Riker's broad, furry chest. It was magnificent. Data's commanding officer was as masculine as they came. He was taller than Data, with large hunks of firm muscles over big bones, and a generous, thick cock befitting his stature.

Data located obscured nipples and tongued them to life. He licked and groomed the surrounding hairy chest, following the thinning trail down his torso. Riker reached down to caress his head as he nuzzled the dense curls at the base of the engorged shaft. His tongue rounded the head and poked at the tiny drop of pre-cum in the opening, savoring the salty taste.

Each area of a human's body had a distinct, alluring aroma, heavy with pheromones and musk, differing in taste and texture. Riker's body was a smorgasbord of sensations. Will moaned, his eyes rolling back as Data's mouth devoured him. The intensity was more than he could maintain. He was about to erupt.

"You've got to slow down, Data, or I'm going to cum."

"Then do so in my mouth," he said abruptly and swallowed Riker in a greedy gulp. Leaving no time for reply, he kept on swallowing, working his Adam’s apple up and down, pulling at him, milking the orgasm right out of him. It was over so quickly and so forcefully that it was almost painful. He felt as if the climax had been torn from him. It knocked him down, trampled over him and ripped the sperm straight out of his balls! He was devastated!

"Now, we can enjoy the rest..." he heard Data's voice drift in from someplace quite distant. His shattered body seemed to be floating, and then he felt Data prodding him beneath his balls.

Finding the hypersensitive area he'd been searching for, he pressed his pointed tongue into the textured skin. Riker's hips jerked in response. He let his cool lips encircle the throbbing cluster, gently sucking, and then tapping it with his tongue. His hands started making calculated circles around the often-neglected erogenous zone between the hips and pelvis. It sent shivers cascading across Riker's body.

Will came to life so fast it was like falling upward through a well. Data was making long, heavy strokes down the length of his body, pulling in each time towards his loins. It felt as if Data was pulling energy from every other part of his body and pushing it into his cock. He was literally led off the bed -- when had they come into the bedroom? -- and brought to his feet by his cock in Data's hand. The techniques Data had used had driven him into a blinding frenzy. He had never needed to fuck so badly in his entire promiscuous life! Every cell in his body was infused with sexual tension.

Then, Data stopped. He took a step backwards and his arms hung inert at his sides. He stared wordlessly at Riker. Riker's face went through a myriad of expressions as they exchanged intuitive messages.

Riker's confusion... Data's silent plea...don't make me tell you what I want... Riker's sudden enlightenment -- that would ruin it for you... Data didn't quite smile when he knew that Riker understood… Riker did smile. It was the strangest expression the android had ever seen on the handsome face. It was penetrating and sent a charge of sensations down Data's columnar supports, culminating in his penis. He didn't move or blink, and breathing was not a requirement.

Now aware of what was expected of him, he wondered how he could have over-looked the obvious signs around the room. He saw that Data's toys were mostly to confine and that made sense. Data's neural net couldn't transmit pain, so play of that nature would be ineffective on him. Having devised his plan, Riker shoved him backwards. The android took several stumbling steps and stood passive once more, waiting.

"Playing games, Data?" He shoved him again, harder this time. He stumbled back once more but still remained on his feet. "Well, I don't think so!"

The next time Data braced for the backward shove, Riker grabbed a wrist, pulling him forward instead, and stuck out a leg. He pushed on Data's shoulders, compelling his to land stomach down on the floor. "Don't you move!" he ordered.

Grabbing a strap from a hook by the bed, he pulled Data's arms behind him. Binding them tighter than he ordinarily would, he forced Data to his knees.

He heard Data's breath catch when his foot went to his back and pushed his shoulders to the floor. His lean android body remained in the submissive kneel, shoulders to the carpet and ass in the air.He dipped two fingers in a small bowl of opaque jelly by the bed and smeared it on Data's ass. He felt the hole pucker at his touch and was electrified at how alive Data's body seemed, mimicking human functions to exact precision.

He inserted a broad finger into Data's eagerly pulsating anus and explored. From his cool skin, he wasn't expecting the heat he encountered. Running the finger around the expandable surface, he had to wonder if Dr. Soong could have constructed this opening for any purpose other than Data's pleasure. He was taking deep breaths and trying very hard to stay motionless under the onslaught of the intense emotions. As Data's excitement grew, tiny fleshy polyps were extending from his anal walls, meshing against Will's fingers in the manner of the old French Ticklers he'd encountered during his Academy days. He was suddenly very anxious to discover if other secrets were hidden within.

He withdrew the finger and took a firm hold on Data's hips. His hands seemed large and dark on the opalescent skin when Riker dragged him into a crouch. Once again, the rock-hard muscles under the impossibly soft skin amazed him. Riker had put no effort at all into wanting this synthetic man, when in fact, he might wind up being the most alluring lover he'd ever encountered. He positioned himself and Data squirmed away.

"Please don't…" Riker wouldn't have recognized his voice. It wasn't Data's. He'd managed a pleading, mocking quality as he spoke. "Please untie me."

His commanding officer's smile was genuine. He knew this was part of the fantasy as Data could easily snap the straps any time he desired.

"Did I tell you to speak?" He shoved him further down, pressing his mouth into the carpet. "Say you're sorry." He allowed him to rise enough to work his mouth.

"I am sorry, Sir."

Will raised him back up on knees and pulled him upright, stopping halfway to slap him in the face with a semi-erect cock.

"Look at this!" he barked in his face. "Show me how sorry you are." Data's bowed head then looked up. Will had never seen those golden eyes gleaming with wanton hunger. He wetted his lips and slid them around the ample head, ever so slightly grazing it with his teeth. The texture of his tongue felt almost cat-like.

It was a startling contrast to the smoothness of his mouth; it's sultry moistness increasing with each palpitation. "You have no idea how bad I want you," he whispered. "Tell me what you want."

Will wasn't aware that this was the echo of words spoken in Data's dreams. He gave the same answer he'd given his brother. "I want you to fuck me."

"Me? You can't really mean that!"

Data looked up at Riker in sudden panic.

Riker laughed softy. Data never had been able to tell when he was bluffing.

"I thought…"

"I don't give a damn what you thought!"

Riker said as he pushed him back and started walking away.

"Commander?" Data struggled to his feet without his hands for balance and raced after Will.

"I told you not to move!" Data halted between steps. "You've been a very bad 'boy'," he used the word purposefully. "I'm going to have to punish you."

He slowly approached Data, grabbing him by his bound hands and forcing him facedown on the bed. Following through with his treat of punishment, he retrieved two more sturdy straps.

Data looked up defiantly, letting his anticipation build, coyly asking, "What are those for?"

"To make sure you understand proper discipline." Even though it couldn't actually hurt him, Riker lashed the strap across his ass as he walked to the foot of the four-poster bed. He took Data by one ankle and tethered it to the post.

"You should know to obey a superior officer without question!" Riker said casually as he strolled to the opposite side and secured the other leg. Data rebelled once again, lifting his head to say, "If you will untie me, I will do whatever you ask."

"You'll do anything I tell you to do! Don't you forget that!" he said in his most authoritative voice before he crawled between Data's quivering thighs. "You'll want what I tell you to want. Is that understood?!"

"Yes, Commander," he gasped, closing his eyes.

"Good. Tell me again…" Riker insisted, poking at Data's crack with his swollen cock.

"I want you to fuck me!" Data repeated more urgently.

"Then ask me like you mean it. Beg me…"

"Please, Sir, I need you inside me. I...need this...to be complete..."

From Data's ragged breath, his struggle to control his words, he knew he'd waited long enough.

He forcefully laid his weight on Data's back and in one fluid motion, plunged into the waiting orifice. He gasped at the surprising differences -- it was so much tighter than a woman's tribble. He was glad he'd already cum or he might not have made it past the first few thrusts. He opened his eyes and saw Data below him, his cock sunk deep within the android. There were just some things that he'd never expected to see. Only being bombarded by the intense sensations kept him from believing this to be a dream.

Will took a heavy breath and made long, deep penetrations. Data arched his back and gyrated in perfect synchronization with Riker's thrusts. Strong simulated muscles grabbed at Will's cock, pulling and tugging in ways he'd never felt before. The experience sent shock-waves through his spine, permeating his body and soul.

He felt himself about to cum when Data started to struggle, yanking him back from the edge and stalling the orgasm a bit longer.

"What the Hell to you think you're doing?" Riker demanded as the android tried to twist his body around and free himself. "No, you're not going anywhere! You've already tried to back out of this..."

With renewed vigor, he slammed in deeper and harder, pounding against Data's backside.He wasn't real sure what happened next. Through some sort of internal manipulation, Data sent charges of fire through his body that terminated in his brain, creating an animalistic instinct to fuck without restraint!

Will plowed into the carnal creature below him. He heard himself grunting with effort, puffing with strained lungs; he might have been sobbing or screaming or growling. He slammed into Data until there was nothing left of him. He collapsed on top, his body heaving for oxygen. He could smell the sex in the air, smothering him with contentment. He felt cool fingers wiping sweat from his face, and opened his eyes to see Data lying beside him. Had he fallen asleep? Data must have snapped his bonds.

"My sweet stars above, Data!" he said hoarsely through dry lips. Fingers wet with brandy dripped over them, then they returned, dowsed again, and snaked into his mouth, moistening his tongue. After slowly moving in and out a few times, he replaced the fingers with his mouth, and Riker could still taste his sperm on his tongue. He sucked on the cool tongue, feeling like he’d been given a musky dessert.

Riker broke their kiss and held his noble face in his hands. He tried to think of something to say and nothing seemed adequate. He finally just drew Data in for a loving embrace. Data sunk into the warm, furry chest like a cat settling into a pillow. That was the last move they made. Riker opened his eyes. His entire body was sore. He rubbed at his neck.

"A hot shower will take care of that." He focused on Data. He was standing beside him in a splendid gold and back robe, holding a tray.

"Breakfast in bed?" he asked in amusement.

"It seemed appropriate."

Will sat up and Data put the tray across his lap. There was a single white rose bud in a carved jade vase greeting him. He picked it up and inhaled the light fragrance, keeping his eyes on the pale bloom. "What happens now, Data?"

Data sat down beside him. He reached over and took Riker's hand. While Will had not been able to look at him, Data could not look away. He stared at him intently while he explained.

"I do not know. I have only experienced lust, and it has been directed at people I never expected to see again." He touched Will's lips with soft fingertips.

"I may be falling in love with you," Riker confessed.

"I am unfamiliar with love, Will. Can you teach me love? Do you know what will happen?" Will kissed the fingers and held Data's hand to his face.

"I suppose no one ever knows what will happen."

The android's eyes glistened mischievously as he quoted his father. "That would take away the mystery."

"Do you want to be in love with me, Data?"

"I believe I could easily learn to love you, if I understand the concept correctly." He hesitated before he asked, "What about your career? A relationship with me could be a deterrent to your advancement in Starfleet."

"What about yours?"

"That is a risk I have already decided to take."

He studied the priceless face.

"I may not have a choice. It might have already happened."

Data leaned in and kissed him.

" Will, make it happen for me, too." There was an aire of innocence in that simple plea that made Riker cock unexpectedly twitch.

"Only you can do that, Data. I'll try to show you how, but what you ultimately feel...well, that just happens."

"Are you positive that you would not prefer casual sex?"

"No," he said with a mild laugh. "To be perfectly honest, my friend, I'm damned confused. A day ago, I would have sworn this could never happen. I've just never thought about you as a potential lover."

"I know. That is why I never brought up the prospect." He looked down at the tray. "You have not eaten." Data picked up a piece of toast, spread some fruitbutter across it and handed it to Riker.

"How long are you planning on staying on Risa?" Data asked as Riker chomped on the toast.

"Until our reassignments come through, unless I get bored." He winked at Data.

"Commander, what winks and fucks like a tiger?"

"I do," Riker said, tipping the tray from his lap.

* * * *

Riker wasn't entirely successful at keeping his eyes open. He had tried to feign interest for two hours after his real fascination had waned. Now, a full six hours into the conference without a break, he feared he would be snoring any minute.

He scratched his beard and gave a silent 'Thank god!' when he heard the clapping, signifying that the second speaker had finished, or dropped dead or something. The only part that really concerned him was the shuffling of feet as the audience rose from their chairs.

He looked over at Data and smiled.

"I hope you learned more than I did," Riker said, that being the kindest comment that came to mind.

"I must have," Data said while raising a golden-touched eyebrow in mild disapproval.

"We have exactly forty-five minutes before the next series begins." Riker stared at him with open-mouthed disbelief.

"I can't take another six hours of sub-atomic particles as applied to chaos theory."

"This time, it is as applied..."

"That's not what I mean. I've got to do something."

"Anything in particular" Data asked seductively.

"Stop that!" he admonished playfully. "I would like you be able to walk out of here."

"If that ever becomes a problem, it will be no trouble to carry you."

"That...won't happen. You just behave yourself!"

"So, Will, we have come all the way to Spectra II to attend this conference and before the first day is half way through, you wish to abandon our plans and take off on some whimsical venture of an undefined nature. Is this correct?"

"Well, when you put it that way, it sounds like even more fun."

"Convince me."

"You have turned into a demon! So you want to be bribed, do you?"

Data crossed his arms and gave Riker his best poker face.

The auditorium had cleared out enough for them to start making their was to the exit. He was aware of the eyes following them as they paraded through the crowd. This was not Risa and Data's exotic appearance attracted more than his share of attention here.

To say he was embarrassed would have been going too far; he was uncomfortable. While Data had toned his dress way down for the lectures, Riker was very self-conscious in this conservative environment -- and this was not Star Fleet!

Riker had truly believed he wouldn't have a problem with this. He had always been open-minded about cultural differences and personal preferences. He had always assumed he had the right to conduct his personal affairs in almost any manner he saw fit and a duty to defend other's ability to do the same. However, it had never come up in quite this way before. He was uncomfortable and he was pissed at himself for feeling this way. He felt hypocritical.Data heard a comment as they dispersed outside and he glanced at Riker, who had heard it as well.

"That was not necessarily derogatory," Data pointed out.

"I know," Riker smiled. "Who cares, anyway?"

"Commander, I was not activated yesterday. I also have an ego, now. We both care."

"It's all just happened so fast."

"For you, Will. For me, this has been evolving for years."

"Yeah, that's hard for me to remember, too. I...I just keep thinking I'm going to wake up any minute," Will faltered with exasperation.

"Would you be waking up from a dream or a nightmare?"

Riker's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"You've been talking to Deanna about this!"

"Not about you. You are avoiding my question."

"No, I'm not. Data, being with you has been enough to make me consider changing my entire life!"

Data stopped in his tracks.

"Why are you trying to change your life?"

"Do you think we can be lovers and not see changes in our lives? Look at you. You've...changed."

Data looked stricken.

"Am I making a fool out of myself?"

"That's not what I'm saying."

Discussing whether or not Data's flame burned too hot, Riker felt very conspicuous standing in the middle of the walkway and spotted a cafe up ahead.

"Come on," he said, tugging at the moping android. "I need something to eat."'Let's talk about this in some dark, quiet corner…' When they were seated, Riker continued."Data, I didn't mean to imply that your changes weren't a good thing. I love what you've done. It looks very good on you. God! You're sexy as hell! It's just that I'm not used to having everyone know my personal affairs just by looking at me."

"How is it different from holding hands with a woman in public? This action would make on-lookers aware of a special relationship between two people, would it not?"

"Well…you're right. This is just different. I wish the captain were here to explain it to you."

"Do you wish to consult Captain Picard regarding our..."

"No! Absolutely not!"

"Then why..."

"Data, I think I'm in love with you. I definitely can't get you off my mind! I want to throw you on the floor and make love to you right now, for example." He flashed Data the smile that had made him famous. "But Data, I'm in trouble here. This is you; it isn't me. At least, it wasn't until a few days ago and I'm having difficulty making that adjustment."

"Will, I am not trying to make light of this situation. I assure you, I am going through an adjustment period, as well. I, too, have felt at odds since our arrival here. And, if we wouldn't be arrested, I'd be on the floor with you right now." He sighed deeply. "Perhaps it would be best if I returned to my previous appearance."

Riker stretched his arm across the table and covered Data's hand with his own. " This is your decision. I don't want you to do that because of me. You would be giving up one of the things I find so attractive about you."

"My sexuality is not a product of artificial applications or a fancy wardrobe."

"Oh, I wasn't under that misimpression. But I'm trying to tell you – I like it."

"I could wear these things for you in private," Data said, looking very naughty.

"Beam us to our room!" Riker glared at Data, pretending to hit his absent combadge. "Why do you always do this when I'm too hungry to do anything about it?"

"Always keep them wanting more."

"Can we please talk about something else? You're killing me!"

"Where do you want to go?"

"Someplace with faster service," Riker said looking around. He finally saw a waitress and called her over.

"I'm sorry," she said on her way. "We're short-handed and this conference has us slammed. Can I get you drinks?"

"I'm a lot more interested in food. What do you recommend?"

She looked behind her before leaning in closer to say, "Extreme caution or another restaurant. How about some real scotch, gents?"

"Not synthahol?" Data asked.

"Not unless that's what you want, Sugar."

As she took their orders, she openly flirted with both of them and Riker flirted back -- out of habit if nothing more. He felt Data's eyes penetrating him as he watched her slink away. Which brought up another question: could he resist the temptation of a beautiful woman and maintain a monogamous relationship with a man?

Data was wondering much the same thing. He saw the look on Riker's face and smelled his pheromones. He was also trying to put a label on his own feelings -- it wasn't anger, or fear, or anything else he could attach to a name. Data had no experience with jealousy.

* * *

After the conference, they returned to Risa. They didn't know how much time they had left. Data had been here almost two weeks and their orders would be coming through any day. The time they had left to enjoy together and figure out their situation was becoming more limited by the minute. Three days after they returned to the Pleasure Planet, Will was sitting in the lounge at the Inn when he heard the deep voice addressing him.

He looked up to see the smiling face of Jean-Luc Picard.

"Captain!" he blurted, trying to keep the anxiety out of his voice. "This is the last place I expected to see you." He forced a smile.

Picard was out of uniform, looking ready for safari.

"I've been pursuing an archeological project on Vera Cygna Four. It's been fascinating. I can't wait to show you some of the artifacts we've unearthed. At any rate, I was passing by and feeling a bit homesick. I heard through the grapevine that you were here." Riker couldn't repress a genuine grin, despite his mood and the fact that his captain's arrival had been thoroughly unanticipated.

"Good to see you, Sir. Won't you join me?"

Picard smiled and took a seat opposite Riker in the booth. He gazed around the room, taking in the atmosphere.

"You've chosen an unusually...colorful place to stay, Will."

Riker flushed, trying to figure out how to explain his presence in this establishment. He was mumbling something when Data walked up. It was one of the few times in his life when he'd seen Picard at a loss for words. Riker blushed as Picard inspected Data from his head to his shiny boots, his mouth agape and his face unreadable.

"Hello, Captain," Data said at last, equally surprised at seeing Picard. "I did not realize you were on Risa. Perhaps it would be better if I returned at some other time," he said, nodding at Will, in an attempt at a quick get-away.

"I won't hear of it," Picard objected. "It's good to see you, Mr. Data. Please, sit down."

He did as requested, rather nervously Picard thought. Data was extremely aware of the rising temperature of Riker's face: he was an embarrassment to him. This knowledge made him self-conscious of his appearance in the presence of his captain. He suddenly wished he could be anyplace else. "I cannot stay long. I have...an engagement," Data announced, somewhat formally. It was a transparent lie and he hadn't delivered it very well. Riker glanced awkwardly at him when he added, "I was coming to inform you of that, Commander."

"Then you're not here together," Picard commented casually.

"Yes," said Riker. "No," said Data. They looked at each other, then at Picard. He wouldn't smile at their discomfort, no matter how comical they became.

"No," said Riker. "Yes," said Data.

Data blinked. Riker stroked his beard.

"I see," Picard said easily.

"We attended a conference together," Data said, trying to salvage any remaining shreds of their dignity. Riker hoped he would just drop it. No way! "However, we have made no further plans together."

"I didn't intend to pry," he said innocently.

"Not at all," they said in unison, a bit too quickly. Riker rolled his eyes, tired of the game. He was about ready to confess to the affair simply to end this ridiculous charade. Instead, he decided to employ a successful military tactic and assume the offensive. He grabbed control of the conversation during the uncomfortable lull.

"Are you planning on vacationing here, Sir?"

"Well, I hadn't been, but I believe I may have changed my mind."

"Oh?" Will asked, trying not to sound ill.

"Yes, I saw that they're having a hillside Shakespearean festival that's beginning tonight."

"Yes, I have tickets," Data blithely informed Picard.

Riker rubbed his aching forehead at the jump in the captain's interest level. Data had just tossed him newer, better bait.

"Now I understand that could be a problem. Is that the nature of your engagement this evening?"

"Yes, Captain. I was going to ask Commander Riker if he wished to attend, but I assume he will now be busy, as you have arrived." He looked at Riker for a reply.

"I enjoy the Bard, but I don't think I could make it through an entire festival."

This opened the door for Picard. The captain knew he wouldn't willingly attend endless hours of Shakespeare without an ulterior motive. He probably would have extracted the whole thing from Data by the time it was over, but so be it! And, it was always possible that they would be so engrossed by the performances that it would never come up. Uhh-huh! "Do you have alternate plans, Data?"

Unlike Riker, Data seemed delighted by the idea.

"I have not yet invited anyone else. Would you care to join me, Sir?"

"I would love to. Are you staying here?"

"Yes," Data answered.

"How are the accommodations?

"Lavish," he cautioned, like he was issuing a warning. "...Sir," he added politely at Picard's odd look.

"Well, any port in a storm," he said sarcastically. "I suppose I'll just have to withstand lavish for a few days since nothing else seems to be available.

"Are you saying the only room is at the Inn?" Data asked, abusing humor with another of his horrible jokes. Picard ignored it as best he could and went to register. This left them a moment alone.

"Should I not warn the Captain of the nature of this establishment?"

"Data, he probably won't make it to the desk without finding out. Besides, he needs a place to stay. I suppose this will be as good as any. He'll be safe as long as he doesn't carry the Horga'hn or wear a webbing."

Data hesitated a moment before he said, "Will, I understand your discomfort with this situation. I will not give away your position to a fellow officer."

"It's not that, Data."

"Yes it is."

"OK. It is. But only in part."

"I understand. The captain is returning."

They tried not to look like they'd been talking behind his back, despite their silence on his approach.

"I dare say this is a leave I won't soon forget," he said as he took his seat.

"Are you sure you will find these rooms...appropriate, Captain?" Data inquired, concerned by his statement.

"Do you anticipate some sort of problem, Mr. Data?"

"No, Sir."

"Then relax. And stop calling me 'sir'. I don't see any pips around here."

"Of course, Captain."

"Why don't you call me Jean-Luc?" he replied, wearing his best 'I'll-get-to-the-bottom-of-this' expression.

'Oh, God!' Riker's head throbbed. Why hadn't he just been honest with Picard in the first place? Now it would look like he'd been ashamed of Data when it all came out. He didn't want anyone thinking that, especially Data; especially if it was true!

As if reading his mind, Data looked at the Captain and said, "Would like to inspect your room while I tone down my appearance?"

"Not on my account, I hope!"

"Well..."

"Please, I won't hear of it. Let's just have a bit of tea and go. I want to be sure and get a good seat."

Data nodded thoughtfully. "Mmm. It will, no doubt, be crowded. It has been sold out for days."

"Good, then. I hear that King Lear is being played by an Andorian!" Riker excused himself as they excitedly bantered about various aspects of the plays. He just couldn't take it any longer. He always hated watching disasters unfold.

* * *

The first night of the festival closed to a standing ovation. Excited spectators clustered together, discussing the performances. Picard was appropriately impressed when Data led him to the dressing rooms and introduced him to several of the actors.

They treated Data as an esteemed colleague and recognized Picard as the mentor who'd coached him in his acting. At one point, Jean-Luc was even invited to be a special guest and make a cameo appearance in an up-coming show. He politely refused, but was very honored by the invitation. In every way, it had been a dazzling evening and Data was a charming date. Picard didn't have to wonder what was going on with Data -- he made it perfectly obvious. It was Will that he couldn't figure out. He had felt the tension between them in the bar and knew Will felt as if he'd been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He just didn't know if Riker had sampled the cookies yet or was caught while simply reaching.

Back at the Inn, Data was surprised when, instead of wanting to go to his own room, Picard wanted to join him in his suite for a bite to eat. He wished he had a way to warn Will that they were coming. Data, in his common naiveté, did not understand the motive behind his commanding officer's persistence and did not wish to be openly rude by refusing. He also did not want to betray Will's confidence, but he could find no diplomatic way out.

Had he been human, he could have claimed to be tired. He could only hope, at the very least, that Will was dressed.

When the door opened the room was deserted. There wasn't a trace of Will's things. Data could not explain the sensation in his stomach when he realized that Riker must have taken other quarters. Hundreds of thoughts, questions and emotions flooded his positronic pathways as he tried not to expose his mixed feelings over Will's absence. He timidly showed Picard through the exotic rooms and awaited the Captain's admonishments. They never came and the tour ended on the balcony outside the bedroom. Picard surprised Data by taking a seat.

"I am sure you would be much more comfortable in the dining area. There is more room and..." Picard was waving off Data's concerns.

"If I might take off these hiking boots, I'll be just fine here. However, I wouldn't turn down a cup of Earl Grey."

Data returned with tea and almost broke up at the sight of the barefooted captain in his digging clothes. He realized he'd never seen Picard's toes before. The image did a lot to help relax him. He took off his outer garb and joined Picard at the small table, placing an assorted selection of refreshments in the center.

They nibbled and sipped in silence for a few minutes; it was obvious that the human was hungry. After he'd taken in a bit of nourishment he began taking in the room more closely.

There was no sign that Riker had ever been here. He hated to be as blunt as to outright ask about their relationship, but he was beginning to think he might have no other choice.

"Excellent choices, Mr. Data."

"If you wish me to call you Jean-Luc on holiday, then you must drop the mister. Unfortunately, Data is as diminutive as my name becomes. Serving as both first and last designation, I think that could be one of the things that distances me from others. "

"That's...very insightful, Data. You don't seem to be having trouble making friends, though."

"Not here. But this is not Star Fleet."

"No, it's not," Picard agreed, understanding Data's concern.

"This is an environment where relationships are freely established, with little regard to caution. It has been a very effective place to begin a learning process. However, I am having doubts about how suitable it will be to try to correlate these two lifestyles."

"You’re not having doubts about staying in Starfleet?" Picard asked with growing concern.

"Exactly, Ca...Jean-Luc. It would also place a burden on anyone I should wish to see if they were in the service, as well."

'Well, that's it!'

"Data, are you seeing Will?"

Even when following Picard's own orders, it had been difficult to lie to the man whose eyes now searched his. He found himself torn between loyalties. Precedent did not apply. Always before, rank had established his priorities. Now, these were personal loyalties. They were both his friends; one was his mentor and confidant, the other his lover. He had no prior parameters established to help him formulate this decision. 'Is this called a gut decision because it is felt in the stomach?'

Without lying, he said, "We have discussed it." He could not maintain eye contact under Picard intense gaze.

"Starfleet is a very hard place to maintain proper discretion. It often demands certain responsibilities to your partner."

Data concluded that Picard was worried about Riker's reputation. This explained his unusual prying into their personal affairs. Despite Counselor Troi's reassurances, he had not located a single instance of an officer being promoted to the captaincy after disclosing their homosexuality. He was correct to be concerned! If they continued their union in an overt manner once back in the 'real worlds, it could definitely impair their career goals.

"I understand your apprehension, Sir."

"I'm not sure you do, Data. This is a balance I have been struggling with ever since the Academy."

"You.." Data's head made a familiar processing twitch. "You have feelings for men?" Another twitch. It was the most mechanical he had acted since his chip had been installed.

"That's why I've been trying to find out if you were seeing Will." Picard smiled easily at his friend. With promiscuity running rampant on this planet, he had somehow missed these subtle hints. How could he have over-looked the traces of pheromones? "I can help you, Data. I will advise you in any way I can. But please tell me, so I'll know, are you attracted to me in any way?"

"I pledged my loyalty to you eight years ago. Since then, you have become a close friend. In fact, you are one of my strongest role models: my idol. I find you very attractive, Captain Jean-Luc Picard," he said in his starkly honest way.

"But?"

Without his involvement with Will, there would be no 'but'. That was the only thing holding him in check.

Perhaps it was that devilish Lore that Data always feared might be lurking inside him that used Will Riker's voice to say, 'It never happened...' The room seemed suddenly empty without Will's clothes and souvenirs lying about.

That thought evoked feelings in him that he could not even begin to label and many others that he could. They all hurt! He had never felt so insecure or lonely, and was overwhelmed by guilt at the realization that he could be using Picard to effect revenge.

Will had made it clear that he was ashamed to be Data's lover and wanted none of their friends to know. He could already be on a freighter en route to the Delta quadrant for all he knew.

Against this hurt, this desertion, this...rejection, he now measured the loving offer from a man he would give his life for, who had come to his defense and comforted him through countless crises. What kind of choice was this?

Not a choice: a test. This was a moral test -- something subjective enough that his Ethics Program provided no guidelines. This was a moment of self-evolution, when he must weigh what he wanted against what he should do and provide his own moral code of Ethics.

"But this is not the right time," he said after many clicks had passed.

"If the right time should ever arrive, I trust you'll let me know," the Captain replied in a gentle voice.

Data smiled ever so slightly.

"I will, Jean-Luc."

"You have too many Oh's in your ooo's."Thanks to Glen Trevino for this great memory and too many wonderful lines and contributions to count. This story would have sucked without you…and I don’t mean in a good way!

Will sat numbly on the stone rim that surrounded the fountain. His feet were dangling in the shimmering water, toeing at the lone coin shining at the bottom; it was all but obscured by the brilliant liquid.

Be careful what you wish for...

Since he'd been a young boy, he'd always known where he wanted to be and how he intended to get there. Now, he couldn't see his future any clearer than he could see the coin. He'd already opted out of one very important and satisfying relationship and had suffered pangs of regret ever since. Could he afford to make the same mistake again? And was this really a satisfying relationship? He knew love when it knocked him down! Wasn't that what he'd been feeling?

It wasn't what he felt as he sat at the fountain. The heaviest weight on his slumped shoulders was how he had betrayed Data by running out on him without so much as a word. He also felt like a coward for going through all this to avoid telling Picard the truth. And what was this saying about his ability to handle what he'd walked straight into with eyes wide-open? Was he that afraid of wearing a label?

He looked at the bag on the ground beside him and pulled out a cooler shirt, noticing he had started to sweat in the midday sun. He pulled off the rumpled shirt he'd worn while he walked and drank away the night. He splashed his neck and chest with the water and his dark body hair glistened in the sunlight. He let the heat dry his skin before he put on the fresh shirt.

Data had spotted him from a shaded trail and walked up beside him as he was changing. Riker didn't look at him. He didn't look at Will. In a moment, it became clear that neither one of them knew whether it was over.

A long, awkward silence followed. At last Riker asked, "How was the festival?"

"Do you want a critique or a summary?" Data wondered why his words had sounded so harsh when he spoke.

Riker could tell how badly Data had been hurt. His normally gentle voice had a sharp edge to biting words.

"To be honest, I don't really give a damn about that festival at the moment. That wasn't what I wanted to say. I wanted to tell you that I was sorry about my reaction to the Captain and ask you if I could come back to our room?"

Data hesitated, honestly surprised.

"I was not sure that you would want to return when you stayed away all night. Will, I am aware that your entry into this arrangement was impulsive. If you do not wish to continue..."

"Is that what you want, Data?"

"No."

Riker rose to face him, draping his long arms over Data's silky shoulders. He gave the android one of his flashy smiles. "I don't, either."

Will leaned in and brushed his lips across Data's. It was the first time Riker had ever shown him affection in public.

"I'm not ashamed of you, and I'm not embarrassed by what we're sharing. I never want you to think that!"

"Thank you, Will. That was...important to hear."

After another nudge with his lips Riker said, "I'm tired, Data. Put me to bed."

* * *

Riker slapped unconsciously where his combadge should have been and palmed only his hairy chest. He awoke with a start when his communicator was missing and found Data sleeping in his arms. He peered through the darkness trying to find the source of the beeping.

"It is the door," Data whispered as he slipped free. "Computer, lights."

They began scrambling for their clothes and Data called out for the identification of the visitor. As they expected, it was Jean-Luc.

"You can wait in the bathroom, Will," Data offered.

"Don't you mean hide in the bathroom?"

Data's eyebrows raised as he considered his answer, but Riker cut him off. "I think it's time to pay the piper." Data looked around the room for a phantom musician in need of monetary compensation. "No. What I mean is...let the Captain in."

Data looked curiously at Will and headed for the door while securing his robe. He ushered in a smiling Picard, whose expression quickly turned to one of embarrassment when he saw Will. Riker assumed his most casual posture while he fiddled with his robe.

"Good morning, Captain."

"It's six o'clock in the evening. I...er, if I'm interrupting..."

"No, not at all. We..." he glanced at Data, who had brought him a steaming cup of coffee that he accepted with a nod, "we apparently overslept."

"Would you like some tea, Jean-Luc?" Data was leery about how he should react in this situation and Riker was giving him few clues. He hated this!

"Thank you, yes."

When they'd all sat and sipped, Picard began by saying, "Data, I dropped by to see if you were attending the festival tonight."

"I was planning on going, but I had not discussed it with..." He broke off suddenly, not knowing how to proceed.

Riker, in a bold move that completely surprised Data, reached over and tenderly swiped his pale hand. The gesture was small but it was a definite announcement on where they stood.

"Why don't you and the captain go gorge yourselves on Shakespeare. Honestly, I could use a few more hours of sleep."

"Well then," Picard said while taking a final splash from the cup, "why don't I let you two have a bit of privacy before we leave." He started to rise.

"I was going to eat before I went back to sleep. Hungry?" Data realized that Riker apparently wanted him to stay.

"A little. But really, I should..."

"If it effects your decision, Sir, I do have an errand I must run before the performances."

Riker smiled. Data had immediately understood that he wanted to talk to Picard and was volunteering to make himself scarce.

Data dressed while Picard and Riker decided on their meal, then hurried out the door, glad to escape. That had been very uncomfortable for him. He had not known what to do or say, or what not to do or say. This was all very human. Even with emotions, they were still a mystery to him.

"I think I'm making Data nervous," Picard observed.

"I think I'm the one that's making Data nervous," Riker said flatly.

"You're taking a big step, Will." Picard followed the statement with a serious eyeing.

"No bigger than the one Data has made."

Picard exhaled a long, thoughtful sigh.

"Perhaps he feels that, as an android, he doesn't have as much to lose, or that it won't hurt him as badly if he slips and falls."

"Don't be under the misconception that Data can't be hurt. I know. I've done it," he said grimly.

"How have you hurt Data?" Picard asked, his brow furrowing.

"By how I reacted to your arrival. You're not just some Starfleet officer; you're a friend to both of us. If I couldn't be honest with you...Captain, I'm not ashamed of this but I'm acting like I am!" His eyes searched Picard's impassive face. "Hell -- maybe I am ashamed, I don't even know anymore." Visibly sagging, he ran a hand over his beard and around the back of his neck.

"Will, forget how you feel about the situation. How do you feel about Data?"

"He's incredible. Passionate, thoughtful, talented..." Riker sighed.

"But not your usual type."

"I would call that a fairly accurate assessment. I didn't mean for this to happen. I didn't have the slightest idea that Data and I could ever be anything more than friends."

"I told Data to tell you that we talked last night." Riker nodded that they had discussed the matter.

"That's probably how I've been able to talk with you today."

"Will, I can only imagine what you must be going through." Riker looked startled at this.

"But Data said...I thought..."

"You thought our situations were similar?" Picard smiled. He took a sip from the cup, frowned slightly at the cooled brew and set it aside. "Not really. I've been aware of my preferences for quite a long time. From what you're saying, this affair with Data was something if a sneak attack."

"A major coupe. I've never even thought about a man before." He grinned devilishly. "I've always enjoyed the company of women too much."

"Yes, Will. We all know," he teased. His expression turned more serious and he said, "I suspect Data is aware of that, too."

Riker remembered the look on Data's face when he'd innocently flirted with their waitress. His new emotional awareness obviously included jealousy.

"Jean-Luc, I've never entered into a relationship before where my main concern was fidelity." He pushed the uneaten food away, having lost his appetite. "My career..."

"Could suffer," Picard finished for him. "Mine hasn't. But perhaps that explains why I'm so over-protective regarding my privacy. My sex life has never been anyone's concern because I've kept it where it belongs."

"That might not be possible if I stay with Data."

Picard smiled affectionately.

"You know how he is. He starts studying Sherlock Holmes so he starts carrying a magnifying glass and smoking a pipe. This is probably just a phase he's going through."

"That phase is one of the things I find so attractive about him." "If you're with Data because of the way he looks, perhaps you're together for the wrong reason."

* * *

Data and Picard were both distracted as the day's events over-shadowed the evening's performance. Neither wanted to go back stage that night and they didn't talk much on the way back to the Inn. They said goodnight in the hallway. When Data walked through his door, he found Riker dressed to warp and ready to hit the town.

"Some friends of yours dropped by tonight. There's a Throe at Vreeba's. They made me promise we'd show up so you'd better hurry and get ready. Lock-down's in an hour."

"Will, I do not believe this is the type of party you will enjoy."

"Are there going to be admirals in dress uniforms discussing current political alliances?"

"No."

"Then hop to it, Mister!"

"I must warn you---"

"I never met a party that required Red Alert. I think I can handle it." Data could tell, due to Will's exigent insistence that they attend the party, that human ego was involved. Although he couldn't understand it, he knew when to concede to stubbornness and gave in.

A Throe was the highlight of a Risian socialite's activities and an opportunity for those with a wild streak to throw caution to the wind. It was something like the Old Earth Mardi Gras stuffed inside a cyclone a la Klingon. Data put on his flashiest clothes and even painted his nails before saying that he was ready to go.

"How do I look? As ravishing as you?" Data asked.

"Much more so! I'll be mistaken for your attendant."

Data leaned in and pressed a hard cock into his thigh.

"Stay here with me, and I'll show you how I can take these clothes off without ever using my hands." To illustrate, he nibbled at Riker's collar and tongued it open.

"You really don't want me to go to this party, do you?" He grabbed Data and pulled him into a passionate kiss, releasing him to say, "The party is only part of it, you know. I want to take you out."

Data was enthralled by those Terran-sky blue eyes, the strength of his body, the command of his will...

"Then...take me."

Twenty minutes later, they threw their clothes back on and beamed over to Vreeba's when they no longer had time to walk.

Lights flashed and colored lasers divided the darkness. A dense haze hung in the air of the arena, trapping the smells of revelry, sweat and sex like a pressure dome. Moans of pleasure, trills of laughter and somewhat-on-key singing could actually be heard over the throbbing music. People passed freely through holographic beings and images, or fell on their asses when they collided with something real.

Riker glanced over at Data when they walked through the door and mouthed `Wow!'

"We still have time to leave before lock-down."

"And miss this? Data -- you must be getting old." He had been to a few orgies in the past that seemed like an old woman's tea party. In truth, he was a little shaken, but he needed to prove he could fit in with Data's circle of friends. He felt this was integral to their relationship and his pride.

Setting these serious concepts aside, he offered Data his elbow and they proceeded into the melee.

Many participants had their own little gimmick or prop. Novelty foods and beverages were liberally passed around. Occasionally, one would be shoved into their hand or mouth. Games and gadgets were only a few of the contrivances available to stimulate mind and body. Sexual objects and objective sex were as plentiful as the guests. Drugs, drinks and aphrodisiacs circulated like air and most everyone was breathing quite deeply.

Doing their best to keep from being trampled to death, Riker and Data danced, dined and loved for the next two hours. Wanting to relax, they headed for a break in the crowd and promptly became separated.

Data peered through the churning crowd, trying to get a glimpse of his man, unable to catch sight of Will. Now Data knew that he was a big strong starship commander and was perfectly able to take care of himself on his own, but his mental Red Alert was going off at a level that he could not ignore! The longer they were separated the more his panic grew.

What he was feeling was absolutely irrational and he was perfectly aware of this. Even so, he began speculating on wild Romulan schemes to abduct a Starfleet officer, or imagined him injured in the crowd.

He started to ask their acquaintances if anyone had seen him. Those who were able to answer said no.

He had not wanted to come here! Since the moment it had been brought up, he had felt like it was a mistake. Why had he agreed so easily? He didn't believe Riker had enjoyed himself thus far and now he was missing! The sirens that started resounding in the background and the pandemonium they inspired were not helping matters.

Twenty-three point eight eight minutes later he finally caught sight of Riker. He was standing atop a table looking for him. He didn't expect the gush of air that sighed out of his mouth. The relief generated through his emotion chip overwhelmed him. He started making his way to the table. "All right children, we have a ripper for you!" one of the band members said from the stage. A deafening thunderclap of applause rolled through the crowd. Drums and tinkling bells built to a crescendo, titillating the people with anticipation. The lights started to strobe and the sirens got louder.

"You had your chance to get out!" Extending four of his arms in various directions towards the crowd, he continued after a throaty laugh.

"Security, lock those doors! Children, be yourselves!" The crowd was clapping, stomping and jumping about in response.

The catharsis was completed when bubbles started materializing over the crowd and rising to the top of the room. Everyone started to whoop and howl when they saw them. Data quickly scanned his memory banks for the chemical properties of the bubbles. When he discovered their composition, for some unknown reason, he grabbed the person closest to him, squeezing his shoulders harder than he'd intended.

"This is illegal!" he shouted desperately at the startled man, as if he alone could stop it.

The victim of his assault, feeling no pains, laughed in his face and said, "Not on Risa," then quickly scrambled away to get his share.

Everyone was looking up when the bubbles began to burst as they hit the ceiling. Data was using every mechanical capability he could draw on to try to reach the table where he'd last seen Riker. Then he spotted him, back on the floor, watching the bubbles like everyone else.

"Commander! Will!" Data yelled at maximum amplification. "Do not look up! Shut your eyes, Will!" He was still too far away to be heard over the noise. The snarl of people could not have made a more effective barrier to his progress. He jumped and ducked, occasionally lifting someone up and moving them bodily out of his way. The sparkling crystals had already started floating down, sprinkling over the masses below. People started blinking as the particles kissed their eyes.

He was almost there, but he could see that Riker had already been exposed -- his eyes were watering and he was starting to rub them.

"Will!" he shouted and this time Riker heard, looking in Data's direction. He held up a hand, possibly for balance. He rubbed his eyes again, in a manner that suggested blurry vision. "Will," he said when he finally reached him, "are you all right?" He enveloped him in reassuring arms. "Data! It's burning my eyes!"

"It is just one of the side-effects and will subside momentarily. Others will not dissipate as quickly."

"What is it?" he asked, relaxing a little now that he no longer feared being blinded.

"Altered Origami."

"What are those effects you were talking about?"

"It is a psychotropic, Will."

"Oh, wonderful! I've been drugged. When does..." He was stopped in mid-sentence as a tingle ran down his spine and lodged in his extremities. Data thought he heard Riker's teeth rattle. He smiled and gasped. "What the Hell was that?"

"You are 'folding up'. Do you find it pleasurable?" he asked curiously.

"God yes! Data...Data can you feel it?" He looked at Data with hopeful eyes, wanting him to experience this with him.

"No, Will, I can not."

"I'm sorry," he frowned, deeply saddened by this knowledge. He fell to his knees and then sat on the ground, looking up at Data as he knelt beside him. "I wish you could...."

"I can experience it through you, Will. You can show me what it feels like."

"Yes, yes I can! That's wonderful. You can experience it through me!" This seemed to be a profound revelation for him. After a mere moment's pause, he seemed to suddenly jump track and whispered, "Let me put my dick in your mouth." Then he started to laugh. Data started laughing with him. Will found this hilarious and began to laugh harder.

Data was delighted. He couldn't explain why, but watching someone else laugh was really funny! He tried to analyze the humorous aspects of laughing at laughter, but in the end, could only say that it made him feel like laughing.

Soon Will was holding his belly in pain as he laughed. He was having trouble breathing and he thought he might implode. He thought he saw Data's concerned face looming over him and heard someone call for a medic.

Data's only experience with uncontrollable hysterical laughter had been with Geordi, just after his chip had over-loaded on the Armagosa Research Station. The biological equivalent to over-loading a neural net was a stroke. Riker's laughter had ceased to be funny for him a long time ago. "Will, can you hear me?"

His laughter slowly subsided as he tried to listen to Data -- he sounded alarmed over something. Unable to understand, he couldn't think of anything to do except draw him in for a kiss. Data calmed down a little and kissed him back. At least Riker recognized him and had stopped laughing.

He gently tried to fend off Will's amorous advances, but soon realized it was a losing battle. It was reported that sex on regular origami was an astonishing experience and this had been altered into an aphrodisiac. He loosened Riker's shirt and sucked on a nipple.

"Oh God...it's never been! How can I say it -- just don't ever stop, Data!" He was breathless and the blood surged through his veins. The pleasure was almost unbearable! Each nerve was a separate erogenous center. Everything looked and felt different.

He stuck his fingers in Data's mouth and wanted him to suck on them. Then he tried to crawl inside Data's shirt, amazed by the softness of his oiless skin. He was like a living statue, as pale as the stone he'd been chiseled from and buffed shining smooth. He was a work of art and unlike anything Riker had ever seen.

He pushed away any others that tried to move in on them. He would keep this wonderful secret for himself, because if any one knew how special Data was, surely they would try to take him away.

"Many people have tried to take him away from me: Maddox, Nakamora, Haftel, Graves -- you're the only one that ever succeeded, Will."

"No! Not even you!" He pushed his captain away, too. "Just leave us alone!"

"Do you really love him? Maybe now you can understand why I've protected him for all these years. I've always known how special he is."

"I love him. I do! That's why I'm here," Riker shouted at the phantom figure of his captain.

"You're here to prove that you're man enough to be here. This has nothing to do with Data!"

"That's not true!"

"Who are you talking to?" Data asked.

Riker didn't hear or see Data. His attention was focused on the apparition before him.

"The real question is: are you man enough to stay away from women?"

"Stop it!"

"Tell me, Number One, as my first mate, do you find me attractive?"

"Commander? Will?"

"Stop it, damn it!"

"You don't find men appealing! You're in for the conquest -- the exploration. For you, Data is the thrill of the hunt. What's going to happen when he's yesterday's news?"

"Please stop..." his breath caught in a sob.

"Medic, over here!"

"I won't toss you out, because I really do love you." He grabbed Data by the lapels and shook him as he said, "Data -- I really do love you! I do! I swear! Don't listen to him," he begged.

"Will, it is all right. I do not doubt you."

"Will, how long can you live a lie? What do you hope to accomplish by this?" Deanna asked him. "You can't lie to me, Imzadi."

"What kind of son are you?"

"A warrior would never behave in such a manner!"

"Commander, why are all those people looking at you?"

"You'll never have a command of your own!"

"Leave me alone!'

Will suddenly sprang to his feet. Only Data would have been quick enough to catch him or able to subdue him without inflicting injury. Soon he had Riker confined in unyielding arms so the medic could examine him.

* * * * *

A few hours later, Data and Will lay on a cot together in a back room, the android slowly stroking the human's damp hair. He knew it was over; he could tell by the conversations Will had with all the people who hadn't been there. But Data had been, and he understood. Riker had been the victim of his own passion for the unknown and his penchant towards romance.

He wondered why he didn't feel bad, why he wasn't crying or having some type of emotional reaction. Perhaps it was because he had not been in love with Will. He had never told him that because he knew it was not true. He did not even know what love was. Also, as he understood it, there was a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. This was often confusing even to humans. Will may have been confused by that very thing.

"Are we still at the Throe?" It was the third time he'd asked.

"Yes. We are in a back room at Vreeba's."

"The captain wasn't ever here, was he?"

"No," Data said softly.

"Damn! What an experience. I'm still hallucinating."

"All the side effects should subside within twenty hours of onset."

"I'm hungry." He sat up on an elbow.

"Please, lie still. I will bring you an assortment of food to replenish the nutrients depleted by the Origami."

"Data, are you alright? Those things I said..."

"Were the truth."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know."

Data ran his pale hand over Will's clammy cheek.

"Do not be sorry, Will. I hope your vacation has been as pleasant as mine." They both smiled.

"Let me get your food."

*

It was nearly noon when they finally made it back to the Inn and into bed. Data lay with Riker until he finally fell asleep. Even with the sedatives the physician had given him, it took a while before he stopped fidgeting.

Data crept out of the bedroom and sat in front of the window in the living area. He watched as the afternoon sun burned through the morning clouds, drying the leaves and grasses. Through the thick-paned glass, his sensitive ears heard the chirping birds as they started to fly about. A wry smile played on his lips as he realized that, on Risa, even the birds were late risers. There was no pedestrian traffic what so ever.For the first time since his arrival on this world, he seemed to be totally alone. He felt completely isolated from the people around him, his lover in the next room and the ship he'd learned to call home. Without knowing why, he ripped off the clothes he'd worn to the Throe. They were like gauze in his hands. The torn shreds lay scattered around the room and his hands were balled into tight fists. Why had he become so angry? Was this an emotional reaction to pain? His chest felt tight, so he took off the remaining clothes and stood naked in the sunlight. Anger waned as fast as it had overtaken him and in its wake was left a drenching sadness.

It had nothing to do with Will or with Risa. It had nothing to do with the choices he had made or the lessons he had learned. It might not even be the result of the emotion chip.It was why he'd been dreaming about Lore. It was why he'd torn off the eloquent adornments he'd donned. It was probably why he'd come here in the first place.

He was as artificial as everything was around him. All the imagery, the colored hair, the painted nails, the elaborate outfits...where else would an imitation person go to try to find simulated love? He fell onto the imitation fur rug and wept. His tears made golden stains on the white fluff.

Mock bitter tears!

This whole ordeal had been nothing more than intensified play-acting. He might as well have spent his vacation on a holodeck; perhaps it would not have hurt as much. The only thing he had accomplished here was to confirm that he could never be like them. If not for Lore, he would be truly alone in the Universe.

 

juls Heath(c) 1997

Sequel: Twice in a Blue Moon 1 of 1 to follow