Title: Science Fiction Double Feature

Author/pseudonym: Strutter

Fandom: Oz

Pairing: Beecher/Keller

Rating: NC-17 for some stuff that 'puts the X in SEX' *grin*

Status: Not new, but new here.

Archive: You like it? Have at it! Just tell me so I can preen.

Feedback: on-list or private (struttersuperior@aol.com or elizabeth@mother-superior.com)

Series/Sequel: first story in the DRIVE IN universe

Other websites: None

Disclaimers: These are Tom Fontana and HBO's toys, not mine. I just swiped 'em when they weren't looking for non-profit playtime, but I'll put 'em back when I'm done.

Notes: On one of my OZ mailing lists, someone found an internet article on a real-life KELLER'S DRIVE IN somewhere in Texas, I think. It's a restraunt, not a theater, but the theater idea stuck in my head. After some discussion with my good buddy Carmie, we challenged each other to a drive in themed piece of smut. Hers came quick, mine I slaved over for at least a month, I THINK. Anyhoo, this was the end result...not to mention a couple horny little DRIVE IN muses that continue to spew fic and may someday even let me write the great saga of how they first met. *grin* As it is, this takes place somewhere down the line.

Summary: Keller has to work late balancing the drive in accounts, and Toby drops by late to bring him a snack. Toby becomes the appetizer.

Warnings: A/U, sex occurs, some minor sap and a pinch of angst for flavor. This is also the first story I'm postin' to MakeBelieve, so bear with me if I've goofed anyplace! heheheee...


Science Fiction Double Feature
by Strutter


//"Oooooh, *woe* is me...my *life* is a mys-ter-eeeee..."//

"Yeah, so are these fuckin' books." Chris grumbled as Rocky sang about the Sword of Damocles on the massive screen outside in the lot. Throwing a glance at the projector to make sure the film was still running okay, he returned his attention to the infuriatingly cryptic bank ledgers on the table in front of him.

He made a mental note to fire the manager, Claire Howell, first chance he got for letting the accounting go to hell like this. Briefly he wondered how in the blue fuck his Aunt Stella ever managed to run KELLER'S DRIVE-IN for so long by herself. Chris had a pretty good head for business, courtesy of his less-than-reputable background, but an honest living? It was almost too much for him. How was it that he could pull off a ponzi no problem, but stick him in a job running a drive-in theater and he felt like he was in over his head?

Shit, he could be doing something a hell of a lot more exciting, like fleecing some rich shmuck out of a few grand just for the hell of it. What was he doing instead?

Trying to figure out exactly how much KELLER'S was spending on artificial butter-flavored popcorn topping.

Chris shoved the ledger across the small card table wedged in between large shelves holding film cans, situated in the furthest corner of the projection room and sat back in his desk chair, head lolling back in weary exhaustion.

//"What-ev-er-hap-pened-tooo *Sat*-ur-day ni-iiiiight..."//

"That's what I'd like to know." he agreed, staring out the window of the projection booth to the movie outside, wishing he could hop on his bike like ol' Eddie up on the screen and ride home to his big bed where a certain someone was probably sprawled out on his back like always, face flushed with sleep, that inviting mouth just begging Chris to kiss him awake...

Fuck, he missed Toby. It was scary how much he ached for his lover. He'd moved in with Toby a week ago and hadn't seen him since, a fact that was driving Chris up the wall. With Claire in the Bahamas for two weeks on her fucking honeymoon, Chris was at KELLER'S every night to pick up the slack while Toby was tied up days at the firm with the case of some Muslim civil rights advocate. The hours were insane, and the end result was that they'd barely even crossed paths in seven days.

"Enjoying the show?"

No way. No *fucking* way.

Chris spun around in his chair until he faced the treasured voice.

"Toby?"

The other man grinned, standing in the doorway of the projection booth like an answered prayer. He leaned casually against the jamb, looking absolutely delicious in faded blue jeans and a black polo that made his pale skin seem like alabaster. He brought up one hand, holding a plastic grocery bag. "Thought you might like a little nourishment that DIDN'T include popcorn and nachos from the snackbar."

Chris only grinned as his body moved of its own accord, lifting him out of his chair and propelling him into Toby's arms. He hugged the slim man close, burying his face in the crook of Toby's neck and inhaling the blessedly familiar scent of his skin.

"I've missed you." Chris breathed against him, delighting in the little shiver that his actions elicited.

"Me, too." Toby murmured, pressing his lips against Chris's temple in a chaste kiss. "That bed's too damn big and cold...I can't fucking sleep without you there."

"Where are the kids?" Chris asked, drawing back so that Toby could cross the room and deposit the bag on the makeshift desk. "It's after midnight, Tobe."

"I know, I wanted to wait until you were holed up here for the night. The kids are staying over with your Aunt Stella and Uncle Bob."

Chris snorted, strolling after Toby and wrapping his arms around the lawyer's waist from behind. "He's NOT my uncle."

"He will be when Stella gets done with him."

Chris grinned. "Well, we Kellers have a certain...'animal magnetism.' Men can't resist it."

"I know *I* couldn't." Toby replied, turning in Chris's arms and backing him towards one of the massive shelves lining the walls. "If memory serves me, I was subject to that insidious device the first time you brought me up here."

"You remember that?" Chris beamed boyishly, his face alight with genuine suprise.

"Our first kiss? Fuck yea, I do." Toby growled, leaning in to lick at Chris's earlobe as the big man's back hit the shelves, rattling the film canisters. "Want me to take you back to where it all began?"

"Sure, I got some work to avoid." Chris purred, hooking his fingers through the belt loops of Toby's jeans to pull them flush against each other.

Toby silenced him with a kiss, lips claiming his with a desperate hunger that made Chris's knees weak. For long moments, all that could be heard was the sound of bodies shifting, straining closer to each other, backed by the sound of the projector chattering on in the silence. All Chris could feel was the rough metal edge of the industrial shelves digging into his back, the slick wetness of Toby's tongue as it flicked over the corner of his mouth before plundering its depths, the maddening feel of those blunt fingers tracing his ribs through the fabric of his long-sleeved navy thermal.

"Fuck me." Chris swore as they reluctantly broke the kiss for need of oxygen.

"If you want." Toby teased, nuzzling Chris's stubbled jaw.

"Thought that was my line...first time we were here, anyway." Chris panted, claiming Toby's mouth once again. He took control of the kiss, his head spinning with desire. He no longer cared about petty things like balancing the drive-in accounts or breathing or doing anything that did not include drowning in Tobias Beecher. He knew without question that he would die if he didn't keep kissing Toby, didn't slide his hands under that shirt to trace the contours of his sculpted back, didn't peel it off his body and follow it with his own so he could feel that pale silken skin against his.

"I guess you really *did* miss me." Toby smiled, his hands sliding over Chris's chest, fingertips dancing teasingly over peaked nipples.

"When you gonna learn to believe me, baby?" Chris drawled, reversing their positions and leaning in to nuzzle the baby-fine hair at Toby's temple. He trailed his lips across Toby's cheek and down his neck, teasing his lover with the simple feel of heated skin and breath agains his own flesh. When he reache d Toby's chest, the other man was writhing against him, silently begging for more contact.

"Fucking Christ, Keller!" Toby moaned.

Chris smiled against the indentation of Toby's clavicle, favoring it with a lick that made him jerk, surging up against Chris's hungry mouth. "Don't wanna...I'd rather be fucking you."

"Then get on with it, damnit!"

"Ask me nice." Chris insisted, skimming one hand down Toby's body to trace the zipper of his jeans.

"Fuck you...*Chris*..."

"Shhh, I got you baby." Chris soothed, pulling Toby tight against him. He ran his hands over broad, wiry shoulders and down sculpted arms, devouring every inch of the lean body with his palms and fingertips. Chris's hands finally settled on Toby's hips, sealing them together from the waist down as he ground his hardness against Toby's.

"God, I miss you," Toby panted, voice rough with lust, "I need you so fucking bad..."

"Miss you," Chris murmured, kissing a path along Toby's chest until he reached one rosy nipple, bathing it with his tongue, "want you...want you so much, baby..."

Chris sank to his knees, hands moving unerringly to the fly of his jeans.

Chris undid the button and zipper, sliding the pants down lean hips to free Toby's hard cock to his ravenous gaze. He needed no more incentive than the sight of Toby, rigid with passion, to lean in and take the full length of him into his mouth.

Toby moaned, wordless with the frenzy of sensations Chris was creating with lips and tongue as he sucked Toby. Riding on a tidal wave of sheer feeling, Toby was helpless to do anything but reach down and stroke the dark, beautiful head that was driving him to the brink of insanity and ecstacy both at the same time.

"Fuck...get the hell back here, Keller." Toby growled moments later, suddenly and desperately consumed with the need to devour the mouth that was torturing him so wonderfully. He dragged Chris back up to fuse their lips, tongues dueling in a battle that neither one could lose. God, he needed Chris. He'd needed him for a week, craved him like he'd craved booze so many years ago...before this incredible man had even been a blip on his radar. He wondered briefly how he'd ever lived without Chris's silken, sensual lips moving wetly over his throat, without those long fingers tangled in his hair or wrapped around his cock. It no longer seemed possible that he could have ever truly lived without it.

"Naked." Chris growled against his shoulder, drawing away to kneel and unlace Toby's shoes. "I want you naked and I want you *now.*"

Toby nodded silently, understanding his urgency. He needed to feel Chris moving in him, over him, through him. He bent down to help until his shoes and socks were gone and his jeans tossed in a heap. As Chris stood, preparing to grab Toby, the blonde remained on his knees, hands sliding up denim-clad legs.

"It's not fair if I'm the only one naked." he said softly, beginning to untie Chris's boots with agonizing slowness.

"Oh, Christ," Chris groaned, "Toby, knock it the fuck off...I need you. Right this *fucking* minute."

"You've got me, Chris...you've got me." Toby assured him, making short work of the other man's clothing.

"Now c'mere." Chris growled, seizing the blonde and pulling him against him, searching for his mouth and sighing in contentment when he found it. He steered Toby towards the table in the corner, stopping only when he felt Toby bump up against it.

"You sure we're alone?" Toby breathed when Chris broke the kiss and spun him around.

"When I'm playing accountant? You crazy?" Chris chuckled, gently pressing Toby down over the tabletop. "They need me downstairs, they'll call..." He bent to press his chest against Toby's back, loving the way he fit so perfectly against him. "...besides, nothing's gonna stop me from fucking you 'till you can't think straight."

Toby shivered as Chris's words smoothed over his skin like something tangible. Raising up on his elbows, he reached back for Chris's hand, giving him the lube he'd slipped out of Chris's jeans while stripping him.

"Now aren't you glad you let me get you naked?" Toby chuckled, grinning up at Chris over his shoulder.

Chris popped the tube in one hand, quickly coating himself with it as he bent to claim Toby's mouth once again. "I'm always glad when you get me naked, baby."

Toby opened his mouth to answer, but found he had no words when Chris's slick fingers slipped inside him, firm yet gentle. He moaned, pressing back into Chris's hand as Chris massaged him with two, then three fingers, preparing him with a careful gentleness that made Toby's chest ache with love and his cock twitch in need. A harsh cry found its way out of Toby's throat as Chris's fingers found his prostate.

"I love you, Toby." Chris murmured, dropping a kiss on the slim man's shoulder before guiding his cock towards Toby's waiting opening.

"Love you, Chrisohfuckingjesus!" Toby hissed as Chris slid inside him, slowly pressing forward until he was completely engulfed in Toby's tight, welcoming body. When he felt Toby relax around him he began to move, settling into a slow, steady rhythm that soon had them both moaning in tandem. They couldn't seem to stop touching each other as Chris fucked Toby, his hands sliding up the blonde's back, over his ribs, across his chest to pinch at his nipples while Toby reached back with one hand to stroke his hip and thigh.

Chris quickened his thrusts, his passion fueled by Toby's whimpers of pleasure when Chris found that perfect spot deep inside and ran himself over it again and again. He wanted to draw out their pleasure but knew it had been too long for both of them to last. As he felt himself come closer to the edge, he reached around to grasp Toby's cock, pumping him in time to his movements.

Toby's breath hitched in his chest at the feel of warm fingers curling around his shaft, rushing out in a roar as he came with only a few firm strokes. The spasms of Toby's orgasm were all it took to trigger Chris's own release, his vision dancing in stars as he came with Toby, the force of their pleasure almost making them dizzy.

Toby collapsed against the table's surface, content to rest their for the moment as Chris's warm weight settled against his back, sweat-dampened skin sealing them together. He squirmed only briefly, chuckling as Chris trailed his fingertips over Toby's side in lazy strokes, skittering over a ticklish spot.

As he quieted, Toby was perfectly happy to bask in the calm after the storm, the langourous touches of his lover reminding him just how badly he'd been missing Chris all week.

"Better?" Toby finally asked, breaking the peaceful quiet.

"Mmmm." Chris sighed, pressing a kiss into the nape of his neck.

"Perfect...beats the hell outta our first kiss."

Toby chuckled. "Well, that kiss was nothing to sneeze at, you know. If not for that, we might not be here right now."

Chris pressed his cheek against Toby's flawless shoulder, wrapping his arms around the other man and just holding him close, grateful for every single event that had brought them to the one place he wanted to be for the rest of his life...with Toby.

**********

//"When-Eddie-said, he diiiiiiidn't want-his-te-ddy, you knew he was a no-good kiiiiiiiid..."//

"Let me guess...Mrs. Reimondo came over and cooked again." Chris remarked, pulling yet another Tupperware container of food from the grocery bag Toby had brought with him as the movie played on in the background.

"Nah, she wasn't home...that's why I left the kids with Stella." Toby told him, tugging Chris's navy thermal on since his lover had decided to wear his polo. "These are leftovers from last night...Genevieve came over and made some stuff."

Chris raised an eyebrow. "The ex cookin' you dinner? Should I be jealous?"

"I like you better with blue eyes, not green...relax. She was studying for her final exam next week. Holly, Harry, and Gary helped her in the kitchen and I got to be her guinea pig."

Chris opened the container in his hand and removed a strand of pasta, popping it into his mouth with a blissful sigh. "It's good for the kids that you get along with Gen so well, but did I mention lately how much *I* like your ex-wife?"

"You'll fall in love with her when you try the crepes in that green container."

"Nah...she may be destined for culinary greatness when she gets outta cooking school, but she ain't no threat, baby...you make a better dessert."

"Literally or figuratively?"

Chris walked over and stole a quick kiss, then fed Toby a noodle from the container he still held. "Both."

Toby grinned, chewing on the piece of pasta. "So I take it you're glad I came here?"

"Yeah...I'm even more glad that *I* came here."

"Bastard."

"Love you, too." Chris sighed, walking over to the projector and staring out at the movie screen.

Toby walked up behind him and slipped his arms around his trim waist, resting his chin on Chris's shoulder. "Tomorrow, you call Cloutier...that accountant I told you about. Let him handle the KELLER'S accounts from now on...it'll save you a lot of time and trouble."

Chris sighed, covering the hands caressing his stomach with one of his own. "Fine...I'll give it a shot. I don't like it, though. I don't-"

"-trust anyone but yourself to do jack shit." Toby finished with a huff.

"Chris, that's part of your biggest problem running this place! The minute something goes wrong, you try to take everything on yourself and all you end up with is no solutions and a lot of undue stress. You don't trust anyone, period."

"I trust you." Chris said quietly.

There was a pause, then the soft warmth of Toby's lips pressing against the sensitive skin of his nape. "I know you do...now. And I'm grateful for that. Trust me again, Chris."

Chris closed his eyes briefly, feeling the familiar sense of fear and exhilaration he got whenever he gave that little, untouched part of himself to Toby...the trust he'd held back from the rest of the world his whole life. It was scary, loving someone so much he'd gladly put his life into their hands without a thought.

His life was cheap, though...Chris had given Toby something more valuable, his heart. He trusted the alcoholic lawyer with that last shred of goodness left in him, and not only had he protected it, he'd somehow made it grow. Toby love made him a better person, and Chris thanked whatever God that existed for bringing him this beautiful man.

"Okay." Chris whispered, turning his head to seek out Toby's lips. His lover cooperated, leaning in to meet Chris's mouth in a tender, passionate kiss.

After they pulled apart, they simply stayed that way, watching as "the floor show" began on the screen outside.

//"...rose tints my world, keeps me safe from my trouble and pain..."//

"Would you fuck Columbia?" Toby asked out of the blue.

Chris laughed. "Nah, too short. Janet? Maybe."

"What about Brad?"

"No fuckin' way...you're the only man for me, baby."

It was Toby's turn to laugh as he buried his nose in the back of Chris's head, inhaling his scent. "Same here. You're all I need to keep me safe from my trouble and pain."

"And here I thought you loved me 'cause I'm a wild and untamed thing."

Chris purred, setting the Tupperware he'd been snacking from on the window ledge so he could wrap his arms around his lover.

"I love you any way I can get you, Keller." Toby growled, crushing his mouth to Chris's, surrendering himself to the real-life "happily ever after" that was even now sliding a teasing hand under the hem of his shirt to caress bare skin...


<The End>