On the Outside: From Your Lips

Feedback: on list or off, is always much appreciated (kbfan@msn.com)

Archive: C5, TS, OzFic...anyone else, please let me know first...ty!

Disclaimer: See Part 1

Rating: R

Notes: Now for the much hyped TALK. I hope it lives up to it's billing.

I just want to thank Caly for all of her support and the beta. You are the best *hug* :) Oh and did I mention before, she's also known as my `Title Fairy' - and for that I owe her forever!

 

On the Outside 7: From Your Lips
By Jacki

Bright afternoon sunlight filtered through the slatted shades as it reached toward the two slumbering figures on the bed. Toby stirred first, his eyes fluttering open slowly. He could feel Chris's strong arms wrapped loosely around his body; the feeling was exquisite. Prior to that day, he could not have imagined how amazingly right it could feel to wake up next to someone. Toby had spent most of his life feeling always like a little bit of an outsider, even with his family and friends; yet here in the embrace of this enigmatic man he finally felt like he belonged. He belonged to Chris, completely.

Toby nuzzled closer, inhaling the intoxicating scent of Chris's skin. He needed to be as close as possible, he needed to feel like a part of Chris. It still boggled his mind, the sex. Toby had never
experienced anything like it; his orgasm had been so intense he had thought he might pass out. Chris had been gentle and tender, obviously concerned about Toby's comfort and pleasure and as a result the experience had been mind-blowing, beyond any comparison he could fathom.

Toby's eyes began to droop lazily, the memories floating through his mind as he drifted back toward sleep. Just before he slipped under, a gentle motion woke him. Toby's eyes blinked back open and he tilted his head up towards Chris's face. Chris's blue eyes sparkled even through the haze of sleep and Toby couldn't help himself; he leaned up and dropped a quick kiss on the corner of Chris's lips. Lowering his head back into the crook of Chris's neck, Toby smiled.

Chris looked down at him, unable to suppress his own smile. However, the upturn of his lips soon dropped as worry crept across his features.

"Toby, we have to talk. We've been putting it off and we just..."

"Chris, why..."

Chris tightened his arms around Toby's lithe form as he rolled them over. He leaned his elbows on either side of Toby's shoulders, balancing himself as he hovered above the other man. Toby was effectively trapped beneath him.

"Toby, please...just let me finish, let me say this before I lose my nerve." He looked at Toby, his eyes pleading for silent acquiescence.

Toby wanted to say something, anything, to keep the words he knew were coming at bay. Chris was going to tell him this was it...the end....it was fun, thanks for playing...but it's over now. He didn't want to hear those words, but the look in Chris's eyes stopped him. Toby waited for Chris to continue.

Chris took a deep breath before he began to speak. "Ummm...there are so many reasons why we shouldn't be doing this. We're just too different. We probably have nothing in common. I mean how can I expect you to throw everything away, for me. I'm just a fucking bouncer at a club. You have so much ahead of you; your career as a lawyer and everything that means. Then there's your family, what would they say if you came home and told them you were sleeping with me, someone from the wrong side of the tracks and a guy. Do you really understand what that could mean?" His question, of course, was rhetorical. He paused for a moment, making sure his words were penetrating Toby's brain.

Chris continued, "Hell, Toby, you've never done anything like this before." Chris's voice was barely a whisper. He sucked in a breath, hoping that he was going to be able to finish. Christ, this had to be the craziest thing he'd ever done.

Chris tried to keep his voice steady as he went on, "Toby, there are so many reasons why we shouldn't be doing this. Not just the things I mentioned, but probably hundreds more. It's just insanity for us to be together."

Chris could see Toby struggling not to say anything, to let him finish.

"But," Chris began.

Oh my God, Toby thought, there's a `but.'

"I want to try," the words tumbled out in a rush. "I want to see if this can work, I need to try, Toby. And I can't think of anyone I'd rather try with than you. I can't make any promises. I know I can be a bastard sometimes and no doubt we'll fight, but if you think you can live with that...I'd really like to try."

Toby couldn't believe what he had just heard, he blinked rapidly trying to process the information. He had been so sure of what Chris was going to say, but now it was different; he didn't have to convince Chris to give him a chance. Chris wanted to try, he really wanted to try. Toby closed his eyes as relief washed through his body.

Chris watched as Toby's eyes closed. Say something, his mind begged the other man silently. Jesus, he thought, I screwed up already.

`Come on, Toby. Talk to me.'

Toby's eyes opened and he tilted upward, wrapping his arms around Chris's solid frame as he pulled him in for a kiss. Having Chris trapped in his embrace gave Toby just the advantage he needed as he rolled over, Chris now caught beneath him.

"Now it's my turn," Toby started. "I've never even thought about another guy before I met you, at least not like this. You've definitely got me pegged on that point. Christ, everyone I know are
seemingly arrogant homophobes; my family, my friends. That's why I ran away, came here. I needed to think...about things...about you. I knew that if I decided to jump in with both feet I was taking a huge chance, everything would change if I chose to pursue my feelings for you. But, shit, Chris, they were so strong; I couldn't ignore them."

Chris closed his eyes for just a second, allowing Toby's words to sink in. He has feelings for me...me. Just hearing Toby say those words made him feel like a huge weight had been lifted from his shoulders. Chris, however, was still unable to completely relax, he had to ask the question.

"So," he ventured tentatively. "Did you make a decision?"

Toby smiled as he responded, "Yeah, actually, I did." He paused before continuing, watching Chris's reaction to his words. "Chris, it scared the shit out of me, I won't deny that, but I couldn't lie to myself. Not this time."

Toby sucked in a deep breath, that had been the first time he had said the words aloud. He stared into Chris's dusky blue eyes, hoping that he wasn't saying too much, again. Toby concentrated on his breathing as he continued.

"Chris, I've thought about this...it's kept me awake at night trying to decide if I was prepared for all the changes. But I knew, even before I ran into you here, that I was going to do it. I am prepared to tell my parents and my friends, I could never keep you secret. So, I had decided that as soon as I got back to the city I was going to find you; if I had to bang on your door at three in the morning or wait on the street corner in a blizzard outside the club, I was going to find you." Suddenly Toby's voice dropped to a whisper as he leaned down toward Chris. "But..." he started as he kissed Chris's forehead, "you found me."

Chris knew he probably looked like a deer caught in the headlights, his eyes wide with shock. He was having a little trouble wrapping his mind around Toby's assertion; Chris couldn't believe that
someone, anyone, especially someone like Toby would be willing to do that...for him. The truth of the Toby's words was evident, he had meant every syllable. He could feel Toby's eyes scrutinizing him and he focused on the other man's expression.

"Toby," he fumbled for words. "Shit!"

"Chris, just stop okay. I know what you're thinking. You just gave me a list of all the reasons we shouldn't be together. That's not the point, Chris. The point is that I knew, I knew whether I
admitted it at the time or not, from the moment we met. You would be worth just about anything, at least for me." Toby traced the strong line of Chris's jaw with is index finger as he spoke. "I'd never felt that way before, it was like a bolt of electricity running through my body. Christ, Chris. We hadn't even touched yet and I could feel it in the air, crackling all around us."

Chris leaned forward and crushed his lips against Toby's with unadulterated passion. Toby's words had begun to break down some of the walls Chris had built around himself and he couldn't resist; he had to touch him, to feel his soft skin and explore his warm mouth.

The kiss was raw, hungry; it left both men breathless with its intensity. Chris pulled back, gasping as he tried to catch his breath. Toby did the same, giving Chris a chance to roll them back over. He balanced himself above Toby's still heaving chest. Chris dropped his head toward the hollow of Toby's throat. The other man turned his head to give Chris complete access to the tender skin.

Toby's eyes were closed as he savored the feel of Chris's lips brushing lightly against his collarbone. The touch was teasing and frustrating; he wanted more. He opened his eyes ready to say something to that effect. The bright green fluorescent numbers on the alarm clock stared back at him. It was almost three in the afternoon.

"Oh my God!" Toby exclaimed, whipping his head back around to look at Chris.

Chris groaned as his lips were torn from the heated flesh. He looked at Toby questioningly, wondering what could be wrong; he thought Toby had been enjoying his attention.

"Chris, Jesus! It's three o'clock. And it's Thanksgiving."

"Yeah?" Chris answered, still not sure what had just happened.

"We need to get out of bed. We have to celebrate Thanksgiving, Chris." A tiny note of desperation had entered his voice.

"Huh? Why can't we just stay here all day?" Chris knew that Toby must have a reason, but damned if he had any idea what it might be.

"Because," Toby answered, vaguely.

"That's not a good enough answer," Chris responded, dropping his lips back to Toby's smooth shoulder.

Toby's mind was thrown off track for a second as Chris's tender kisses tore through his body. Quickly he recovered his bearings and tried to figure out how to explain his need to celebrate the
holiday. Toby decided to just tell the truth, no sense in hiding anything now.

"Chris, look at me for a minute."

Chris drew his tongue along Toby's shoulder before raising his head in compliance.

"Chris, I want to celebrate Thanksgiving....because...ummmm..." Shit this was hard. "Because...well, it's just that I have so many things to be thankful for...most of all...you."

Chris was overwhelmed. "Me?" he asked, unable to believe Toby's words.

"Yes, you. I've already told you, meeting you has changed my life. In the best way possible."

Chris's jaw hung slack, he couldn't disguise the shock he felt. Chris felt Toby capture his mouth, and it brought him back to his senses. Obligingly, Chris returned Toby's kisses.

Toby slowly pulled away, reluctant to break the seal. "Now, we gotta get up. Take a shower and go to the store. I'm sure you don't have any of the Thanksgiving trimmings in the cupboards out there," he said, gesturing toward the kitchen.

Chris felt Toby squirming beneath him, struggling to get out of the bed. Chris relinquished his control and rolled off, allowing Toby to sit up on the edge of the bed.

"OK, who gets the shower first?" Chris asked as he studied the gentle curve of Toby's spine.

Toby turned his head to look at him, a hint of red tinting his cheeks. "Well, we could share. Save water and time."

Chris smiled, "Sounds like a plan to me." Although he was pretty sure they wouldn't be saving much water or time, not if they were showering together.

Chris followed Toby into the bathroom, he couldn't tear his eyes from Toby's firm ass. He watched, rapt, as Toby bent into the shower stall and turned on the warm water at full force.

Toby stepped into the shower. "What are you waiting for?" he asked, taking Chris's hand and pulling him beneath the spray.

The two men stood, bodies pressed together as the pounding water ran over them. Chris reached behind them, palming the bar of soap that sat in the tray. He lathered the soap in his hands and began to meticulously cover Toby's body with the fresh smelling foam. Bending down, Chris laid his hands on Toby's feet. He ran his slippery fingers up Toby's legs and over the smooth muscles of his thighs, his hands finally coming to rest at the vee of Toby's hip.

Toby grasped Chris's hands and pulled him back to his feet. "Now it's my turn."

Toby took the soap and ran the smooth bar across Chris's shoulders, slowly traveling down his body. He paid careful attention to Chris's chest, before lathering the taut muscles of Chris's forearms. Toby urged Chris to raise his arms; he watched the rippling sinews expand and contract as Chris placed his hands flat against the shower wall. Toby moved around to Chris's back, gliding the soap over the slick skin and along the hard ridges of Chris's spine.

Chris sighed as Toby's hands traveled lower, running the soap over his ass. Chris tensed as Toby's fingers slipped between the crack tentatively, exploring. Toby's touch was exquisite torture, every
graze of a finger sent another wave of arousal coursing toward Chris's groin. Chris dropped his hands and turned around to face Toby.

Toby wrapped his arms around Chris, pressing their mutual hard-ons between them. He moved his hips slowly so that they began to rub against one another.

"Not yet," Chris mumbled. Taking Toby's wrists in his hands, Chris held him captive as he slid his tongue into the warmth of Toby's inviting mouth. The kiss was hard and passionate, the physical
embodiment of the arousal that pulsed between them. Toby sighed audibly as Chris pulled his mouth away. Chris took one of Toby's hands, guiding it toward his erection, his other hand already wrapped around Toby's straining shaft.

Toby accepted Chris's direction, curling his fingers around the other man's cock. The two men began slowly moving their hands, up and down, up and down in perfect synch. Toby leaned forward just a few inches, drawing Chris's lips closer. He pressed his mouth against Chris's; he savored Chris's unique flavor as their tongues dueled in a burning frenzy.

The kiss grew fevered, as their hands stroked faster, pulling each other toward orgasm. The strokes lengthened, running from base to tip over and over again. They drew their mouths apart, both men breathing heavily as they tumbled toward the precipice of release.

Toby groaned as Chris's caress coaxed him to orgasm, his cock pulsing as the warm liquid spurted across Chris's thighs.

Chris felt of the hot, sticky cum hit him. With an inarticulate cry, he let go. Chris's cock throbbed as he came, coating Toby's still stroking fingers with semen.

Both men trembled as the last drops of cum were squeezed from them. Chris slumped back against the wall, pulling Toby with him.

Wobbly, Toby fell into Chris's embrace. For endless moments they stood that way, pressed against one another, the warm water chasing the remnants of their passion down the drain.

Recovering their senses, the two slowly disentangled themselves. The shower spray rinsed away the last of the soap before Chris twisted the metal handle, shutting off the water. He stepped out onto the cool tile floor and grabbed two towels from the rack; Chris handed one to Toby as he wrapped his own loosely around his waist.

Toby accepted the soft towel, cinching it about his hips as he stepped out of the shower stall. "God, Chris, is it always like this?"

"No," Chris answered, not finishing the thought. It had never been like this for him before, not until Toby. It was too soon to say the words though and Chris didn't want to make any mistakes this time.

Toby searched Chris's face as he answered, he knew that there was something that Chris wasn't saying. He also knew, however, that this whole thing was too new and he wasn't going to push Chris to say more. Toby decided the best thing to do was change the subject.

"All right, then. Now that we're clean, I'm hungry. So let's get dressed. We need to find a store around here that's open. I'm craving turkey." Toby moved forward and placed a quick peck on
Chris's cheek before turning and walking back into the bedroom to dress.

Chris smiled, just that gentle touch could send chills down his spine. He walked out into the bedroom, amazed that he was actually looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner.


-TO BE CONTINUED-