Title: Myth-Enchanted


Author: Growly

Fandom: The Myth Series

Rating: PG-13

Pairing: Aahz/Skeeve

Archive: Yes. This version please.

Disclaimer: The Myth characters do not belong to me.

Notes: This takes place after my two other myth stories. It's done to Peja's first-line challenge. It's in first person POV, because that's how the Myth books always were. This is the final unbeta'd copy (the first was known as Magic)

Myth-Enchanted
by Growly
* * *


I wasn't thinking about sex when Aahz asked me if I was ready for a magik lesson. It never really crossed my mind. After all, the first flush of the honeymoon had already passed, and we were trying to get back to a state of 'normalcy' - which mostly meant my partner being amused and irritated with every little thing I did.

Maybe we were trying too hard, since the situation was beginning to feel a bit awkward between us. The rest of Myth Inc. already knew the two of us were together, but Aahz didn't like to make a big show of it around them (or anyone else for that matter, especially the customers). Despite his reluctance to openly share the extent of our relationship with our friends, he was acting more protective than normal in a way that vaguely recalled how he had treated me when I had been his apprentice.

It never really crossed my mind until the day he chased out a potential customer for 'looking' at me wrong.

And now he was asking me about magik lessons. Sometimes I wondered if I would ever figure out how my partner's mind worked. But I'm sure he's said the same about me on occasion.

"Look, kid," my partner began, pacing the floor as he addressed me, "I know what you're going to say, and even though the rest of the world may see you as a hot-shot wizard, we shouldn't forget that you're really pretty much an amateur in magik. So just because you're president of Myth Inc, doesn't mean you should slack on your lessons...."

"Um...Aahz....?"

"What is it now, kid?"

"I wasn't going to complain about the lesson. I was looking forward to it."

"Oh. Right." My partner paused in his pacing, and if I hadn't known better I would have sworn that his scales turned a slightly darker green. Aahz was embarrassed? Not only that, but he was staring at me oddly, and I wasn't sure why. "So, let's get started."

"Ok, Aahz."

A long silence followed, as uncustomary as that was when Aahz was involved. Finally I gave a timid prompt. "So Aahz... what are you going to be teaching me?"

I remember being unnerved by the grin he gave me at that question. Not because he was a pervect and had rows of glistening, very sharp teeth. It was because he managed to show every single one of those very sharp teeth with that expression. "A way of getting someone to agree with whatever you say."

"Mind control?" I nearly squeaked, suddenly overly interested in what he was saying.

"On second thought..." Aahz's expression shifted slightly. "Maybe you're not ready to learn this yet."

"Aahz!" I knew I sounded like a whining kid. For the moment I didn't care. "But..."

Before I could get out anything else, Aahz was next to me. His strong arms wrapped around my body, crushing me close to his chest as he pressed his lips to my own. I don't think I've ever been kissed so hard before. It was like he was trying to steal the air from my lungs.

By the time he pulled back, I had already forgotten what I was going to say. Drawing in a few gasping breaths I looked into his smug yellow eyes, noting a bright hunger in their gold-flecked depths that brought a blush to my cheeks. "Aahz...m..." I knew he was waiting for the go-ahead, and I realized that I suddenly felt more than a bit
famished myself.

"Yes, Skeeve?" He purred. Oh god, he purred my name! It sent delicious little tingles up my body.

"I think we should... continue this lesson..."

His laughter was the last thing I was really aware of as he pressed me up against the wall and slid his hands down my body. I couldn't have protested if I wanted to.

Maybe it really was magik....


*End*