Title: A Casual Conversation

Author: Koren M.

(JohnandAeryn@comcast.net)

Rating: PG

Disclaimer: The characters of Firefly don't belong to me, they belong to Joss Whedon and co.. I'm not making any money doing this, and since I'm a college student, about the only thing anyone could sue me for would be what I *owe* on student loans.

Archiving: Anywhere is fine, but I'd appreciate a note saying where it is. <G>

Type: f/f with some slight hints of f/m

Pairing(s): Inara/Kaylee, and slight Kaylee/Simon

Spoilers: *Slight* spoilers for Jaynestown... actually, it's less that it spoils Jaynestown and more that it will make more sense *after* you've seen Jaynestown, since it takes place a little while
after the last scene.

Summary: A casual conversation between more-than-friends.

 

A Casual Conversation
by Koren M



"So what do I do about him?"

"Hmm?" Inara set down the pot she held and started leafing through envelopes of herbs. "You mean Simon?"

" 'Course I mean Simon. Who else, Jayne?" Kaylee laughed. "I mean, he was so nice to me, the whole time we were there, and now he's gone all stiff on me again."

"I would think that would be a good thing." The darker haired woman looked up and smirked.

Kaylee blushed prettily pulled her knees up to her chin, trapping the sheet against her body. "You know that's not what I meant. All proper, and avoidin' me. That's what he's been doin'."

Inara set the tea to steep and stepped back over to the bed. She sat down next to Kaylee and brushed a lock of her hair back off her face. "You're very pretty when you blush. It's good that you do it all the time." The younger girl ducked her head and then reached up to trap the companion's hand against her cheek. "You should seduce him," Inara continued.

Kaylee's eyes shot up to meet hers. "Oh, no, I couldn't - not... I just can't."

"Of course you can. It's the easiest thing in the world if you know how."

"But I don't know how! You - you know how. You've trained for this, for years! I know engines and turbines and circuits. Not men."

"I've never noticed anything lacking in your technique." Inara wasn't sure if it was possible, but Kaylee turned an even brighter shade of pink and grinned. "All the bells and whistles - those you
don't need. Oh, you would to be a companion," she continued before she could be interupted, "but not to seduce one man that you liked. For that all you need is the feeling and enthusiasm, and a little courage. And you have all those things," she finished softly.

"Maybe. Maybe I could." Her smile brightened. "Could you teach me some of those tricks anyway?" A gleam came into her eyes that Inara knew well.

"Oh, I think that could be arranged..."

end