Title: Diversions

Author: April May

Pairing: Nick/Greg

Rating: NC-17

Archive: Yes to WWOMB and GSAS. All others please ask.

Feedback: jmpedlow@aol.com

Disclaimers: CSI and its characters belong to Anthony Zuiker and CBS, and no profit is being
made from this story.

Spoilers: "High and Low" and brief reference to "Fight Night"

Summary: What could have happened after the ending of "High and Low".

Note: This is my take on "High and Low" - it's been sitting around for weeks, but SongStar's story has inspired me to go ahead and post it :-)

 

Diversions
By April May

"Looking pretty good out there," I hear him say as I'm making my way up the hill with my equipment.

I look up and see him standing there watching me with a grin on his face. Apparently he's not mad at me any more.

"Thanks. You're looking pretty good yourself," I say. And he does, too. He's wearing the black leather jacket I got him for his birthday, along with a pair of aviator sunglasses that makes him look tougher and less baby-faced than usual, and a pair of tight black jeans (which I can tell is barely concealing a very impressive erection). He looks so good, in fact, that I notice a young blonde woman that I recognize from my paragliding class turn her head and stare at him in a way that makes me want to say, "Hey, that's *my* man," until I stop myself in time, remembering that that would amount to me publicly outing myself, and I'm not ready for that. Yet.

He grins at me again, acknowledging the compliment.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I ask him. It kind of surprises me that he'd be here in the first place because he'd never wanted to watch me paraglide before, claiming that it would, "make me
too nervous." A lot of things seem to make him nervous these days, I think, remembering what he had said to Grissom not too long ago and wondering if the remark Warrick had said about his forgetting to take his medication had struck a little too close to home. "I thought you'd be at home sleeping after the week you've had."

"I couldn't sleep," he said. "And I wanted to talk to you, and I remembered that when a case gets to you like that last one did, you either like to go paragliding or have sex, and since you didn't show up at my place, I was hoping..." His voice trails off, but I know what he was thinking, and it pisses me off that he's even thinking that, but I try not to let it show.

Then, tilting his head and looking at me with what I'm sure are worried looking eyes behind his sunglasses, he asks "How can you go out here again after what happened? Aren't you afraid
something like that could happen to you?"

"A little," I admit. "But that's part of the excitement of it. And anyway, it's not as dangerous as it seems. Not as long as you check your own equipment and don't go up too high."

He gives me what seems to be a skeptical look but doesn't say anything. Then, as we're heading towards the lot where my SUV is parked, he says to me, "I wanted to apologize...you know...for the way I snapped at you in the lab last night."

"Nothing to apologize for," I tell him. "We were in your way, and you had every right to throw us out."

"It's just that...I know I shouldn't think this way, but every time I see you and Warrick together, I can't help wondering..."

Trying to tactfully cut him off until we can be somewhere more private, I tell him, "Let me put this stuff away, okay? And then we can talk about this."

He knows what I'm up to, of course, but he agrees. As soon as we get to my SUV, he gets in the passenger's side up front and watches me until I finish storing my paragliding equipment in the back and get into the driver's seat next to him.

"There's nothing between me and Warrick," I tell him. "We're just good friends."

"And isn't that what you say to him about me?"

I sigh. "Look, Greg, I know you'd like us to be out more, and believe me, I wish we could too. But the way things have been lately, you know, with the way people are looking at us more closely after the Haviland hearing, and with the way Griss has been acting like Mr. Mood Swing lately and you never know *what* to expect from him, it's just not a good time right now."

"It never is a good time, according to you," he says, sounding like a pouty child. But I know there's some truth in that. And I also know that if I don't do something - now - to try to fix things between us, it could get even worse, and I might even end up losing him.

"Greg," I say. "Take off your sunglasses, will you? I want to see you." When he does, I continue, saying, "I don't want anybody else but you. You believe that, don't you?"

From the dubious look in his eyes, I can tell that he still is unconvinced, but I sense I'm starting to win him over. Moving closer to him, I reach out a hand to touch the side of his face, then run it along his body until it's brushing against his crotch. He makes a little involuntary "Uhhh..." sound, and I leave my hand there until I can feel him getting hard again, which gives me an idea.

"Get in the back and lie down," I tell him.

With a confused/worried/curious look in his face, he asks me, "Why?"

"Go back there and you'll find out."

"Oh, so now you're getting dominant on me?" he says, but with a grin, so I know he's teasing me. "You don't happen to have a whip back there, do you?"

But he does what I ask, and I follow him, pushing the paragliding equipment to the sides so there's enough room for both of us. Leaning over him, I pull off his jacket, throwing it over to the front seat, then unzip his jeans, pull out his swollen dick, and take it into my mouth, tasting the salty tang of his precome as he gasps with pleasure.

As he starts to thrust into my mouth, I get an even better idea. I pull away from him, ignoring his cry of protest, and say, "Take your jeans off."

He gives me another puzzled look but does it (although those jeans don't come off easy - they really *are* tight) and I take off my own pants, lowering myself over him until our dicks are
touching. Soon we're moving together, doing another type of gliding, one that feels just as good as the type I did in the air. Maybe even better. We're not in the best place to be doing this - it's hot and sticky, and just about anyone could come by, look in the window, and see us, but right now I don't care. All I care about is the man underneath me and the wonderful feelings that are spreading up from my groin into the rest of my body.

We don't last very long - I didn't think it would because we were both so aroused. Soon, I hear his breathing speed up as the movements of his hips gets faster, and then, letting out a series of exhaled grunts, he comes, releasing his warm fluid against me. Then it's my turn, and I feel myself getting closer, hear myself crying out, "Love you...love you, Greg..." and lose control completely, coming for what seems like a really long time before I drop, exhausted, next to him.

It's a few minutes after that now, and I'm lying on my side watching Greg, who's curled up next to me, half asleep. We're still pantless, sweaty, and sticky, and there's come stains on our shirts that are going to have to be washed out soon, but at this point, we're still in that mellowed-out, post sex stage, where all we want to do is hang on to each other. Before long, we'll manage to break our hold, find our pants, pull them back on, and he'll get into his car and follow me to my place. When we get there, we'll head for my bedroom and have sex again, less frantically this time, sleep for a while, wake up and order take-out food, watch some TV, maybe even have sex again, then fall asleep, waking up when it's about time to get ready to go to work. We'll shower, shave, and get dressed (he'll put on some of the clothes he's left in my closet) and, taking our separate cars, we'll drive to the lab. When we get there, if anyone asks about what we did on our time off, he'll tell some story about a woman that he met at a club, and I'll talk about a movie I watched on HBO, and nobody will suspect that we're making it all up. And everything will be all right between the two of us again. At least for now.


End