Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Danny's World
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2011-03-27
Words:
5,135
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
12
Kudos:
49
Bookmarks:
10
Hits:
8,064

Danny's World 2:Chapter 1 and chpter 2

Summary:

Danny goes to visit Gibbs. He learns what a real father is. Danny's World is now finished. Please enjoy Danny's World 1 as well as Danny's World 2 with it's now finished second chapter. This is the end unless I become overwelmed with demands for more. Enjoy!

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

This is all I have so far to the second part to the Danny's World series. If you have any ideas let me know.

Chapter Text

Danny’s World: 2.Father Time

By Crow

my on-line shop: http://www.cafepress.com/1crowsdesigns

***

Two months later.

 Mac watched as Danny shoved some cloths into his beat-up old suitcase. Danny was nervous about going to visit his father for the fist time and had been since the flight arrangements were made and Mac had picked up the ticket the other day.

 As Danny went to the bathroom to get his toiletries together, Mac began repacking the things shoved haphazardly into the poor ravaged case. He folded the cloths and neatly replaced them in the case moving as quickly as possible to finish so it would be done before the younger man came back.

~~~~~~~~

 Mac had gotten Danny to move in with him for good a month after the kidnapping had taken place, Danny had fought it at first but finally admitted that they spent every minute they were off duty together anyway so it really didn’t matter. As a gift, Mac had turned one of the spare rooms into a studio for the young blonde. It was complete with canvases of all different sizes, paints of every type and color, every brush he could find, different sized easels, a worktable and a stool, sketchpads, pencils, erasers and anything else he could think of.

 Mac had covered Danny’s eyes when he led the blonde to the room for the first time. Danny had been shocked and nearly brought to tears that someone had done something like this for him. He had told Mac that he shouldn’t have gone to such trouble and cost. The ex-marine had just said that Danny was worth every penny he had spent and that he had wanted the younger man to have a space all for himself that he could work on his art.

~~~~~~~~

 They had become very close over the two months since the younger man had been kidnapped and this would be the first time they would be apart from each other. Mac knew that that was one of the reasons that Danny was so nervous and had done everything in his power to reassure the boy.

 Danny was also afraid that his father wouldn’t still like him after spending the next two weeks with him. After Danny and Tony had been released from the hospital, several of the others were usually around so they didn’t spend a great deal of time alone. Now they would have a great deal of time alone or with Tony being the only other person around so Danny thought that his father might change his mind and not like the man that his son was.

 He had told Mac all this the night before as he lay with his head on the older man’s chest snuggled as close as he could get. Mac had held his lover close and wrapped up in his arms and told him that Gibbs was not the sort to give out his affection without care and that he already knew what kind of man Danny was and that he wouldn’t take the love that was growing between father and son and throw it away. Gibbs already approved of him and that wouldn’t change, Danny deserved to be loved and Gibbs knew it.

 ~~~~~~~~

 Mac walked Danny to his gate at the airport and stood with him until they were boarding.

 “You have the painting packed?” Mac asked pulling his lover close and resting one hand on the boy’s shoulder so he could play with the short hair on the nape of the beautiful neck that he had marked the night before.

 “Yeah, I packed it between the shirts and pants after wrapping it in paper so it won’ get damaged. I hope he likes it. I tried real hard to make it perfect.” Danny said biting his lower lip.

 Mac leaned forward and kissed the soft lips so the blonde would stop worrying the supple flesh.

 “He will love it or he’s an idiot.”

 Just then, the loud speaker announced that Danny’s flight was boarding so the lovers kissed and hugged quickly and then Danny picked up his carryon and moved to the entrance ramp.

 ~~~~~~~~

 Gibbs stood at the exit ramp waiting as the passengers exited the plane and looked for his son.

  He saw a blonde spiky head behind several men in business-clothes. As the group walked down the ramp, he could see more of Danny. The young man was nervously eyeing the crowd gathered around the doors looking for a familiar face. His eyes hadn’t yet move as far down as Gibbs was standing so the agent stepped forward and called to his son.

 The blonde head whipped around to him and crystal like blue eyes, so like his own, found him. The matching sets locked and Gibbs saw a small anxious smile light up the handsome face. Danny went around the people in his way and walked to the man waiting for him.

 He stopped in front of Gibbs nervously shifting from foot-to-foot.

Hey Dad.”

 Gibbs closed the space between them and wrapped his arms around the slim body. He hugged his son tightly to him and then stepped back and looked him over.

 “I’m glad you’re here, son. You look good.”

  They walked to the baggage clam and grabbed Danny’s suitcase. Heading out of the airport the two made their way to Gibbs’s car. As they put the luggage in the trunk, Danny looked at his father.

 “Where’s Tony?”

 “He’s at the house making dinner. It’s something Italian. He wouldn’t tell me what.”

  As they drove towards Gibbs’s house they talked about what had happened with each other since they had seen each other last and Danny was relieved that everything seemed comfortable so far. When they pulled up to the house and got out Danny looked around with interest. The driveway had been long so he wondered how much land Gibbs owned. He asked his father as much and Gibbs said that he owned twenty acres.

  Gibbs grabbed Danny’s suitcase and left the carry-on for Danny much to the younger man’s protest that he could carry it all.As they walked into the house, Gibbs called to his lover.

  Tony’s voice carried from what appeared to be the kitchen. “In here babe.”

 “I’m gonna take Danny to his room so we can dump his stuff. We’ll be right out.”

 “Okay.”

 The two men walked to a staircase and went up and down a hallway. They walked through a doorway and Danny saw a nice sized room with a queen sized bed, with nightstands on either side on one wall. A burrow and chest of drawers, and a standing mirror along the wall were the closet was. In the corner of the wall across from the bed were two armchairs and a small round table. Next to the doorway was a large empty bookcase just waiting to be filled.

 “This is your room now. You can decorate it while you’re here if you want. You can leave anything you want to here for when you or you and Mac visit. No one will use this room but you. I have two guest rooms for guests. This is your home too as far as Tony and I are concerned and we want you to treat it as such.”

 Danny was floored. He hadn’t expected Gibbs to give him his very own room that was his alone. His to do with as he pleased, to decorate as he pleased.

 “Thanks! I would have been fine using a guest room. You didn’t need to give me my own room. ”

 “You’re my son you should have your own room. You have another home if you ever need it and you are always welcome here.”

  They placed the luggage on the bed and then Gibbs turned to face his son.

 “Here this is for you.”

 Danny looked down at the object pressed into his hand. It was a silver house key. Danny looked at his father in confusion.

 “It’s a key for the house. I didn’t used to lock the doors but since Tony moved in and you came into my life, there are things worth protecting here now. Plus he would kill me if his electronics got stolen.”

 “Thanks Dad. I don’t know what to say.”

 “Come on lets go see if dinner’s ready.” Gibbs clapped Danny on the shoulder, and father, and son headed for the downstairs together.

  They could hear Tony humming to himself quietly as he moved around the kitchen and they stopped in the doorway to watch him as he moved gracefully around the large room. Tony was putting some herbs and spices into the pots on the stovetop. He then stirred the contents and then tasted each one nodding to himself in satisfaction. Without looking over at the two men, he began preparing to strain the pasta.

  “Make yourselves useful. Gibbs set the table, Danny there is salad stuff ready in the fridge can you pull them out and mix them together in the bowl on the island?"

 The two men looked at each other, grinned, and moved to do as they were told without complaint. Soon the meal was ready and they all gathered at the table as Tony placed the main dish on the center of the table. Tony then reached out and grabbed Danny up in a quick hug.

 “I’m glad you’re here. Maybe you can keep your pain- in- the- ass father in line for a while and give me a break.” 

  There was a faux disgruntled “Hey!” from Gibbs before all three broke out in laughter and took their seats.

~~~~~~~~

 All three filled themselves with good conversation, good company and good food until they were leaning back in their chairs rubbing their full stomachs. Danny looked over at his father’s lover.

 “That was really great Tony.”

 “Yeah babe, that was great.”

 “I’m glad you guys liked it. Hate to tell you though but I cooked so you two get to clean.” He said with an evil grin on his lips.

 The two men grumbled good-naturedly and began to clean up while Tony relaxed.

  After all the dishes were cleaned and put away and the leftover food had been put in the refrigerator the three men went into the living room to watch a movie. They settled comfortably on the furniture, Gibbs leaning back into the corner of the sofa with Tony laying back against his chest and Danny on the lazy-boy with the footrest up.

 “We figured that tomorrow you could go into work with us and we could give you the tour and then we could finish up paperwork before we start our time off. That okay with you Danny?” Gibbs said while his hands rubbed up and down Tony’s arms.

 “Yeah that sounds great to me Dad. Will the rest of the team be there?”

 “Oh yeah. I know they are all looking forward to seeing you. Abby has been on hyper drive all week just thinking about it.” Tony laughed grabbing Jethro’s hands and pulling them to rest on his chest.

  ~~~~~~~~

 The next day they were a little delayed at security while Danny was checked out and made up his own personal visitor pass at Gibbs order so that he could always have it to use when he came for a visit. Once they were in the elevator Danny found that he was excited to see the others again. He had really liked them all and they had treated him like one of their own when they were in New York.

 When they reached the bullpen, Danny looked around in wonder. Gibbs moved to his desk and put his gun away Tony doing the same at his. There wasn’t anyone else around yet. Tony pointed out the desks and told Danny where each person sat.Gibbs had been talking on the phone with someone while Tony spoke and when he was done Gibbs walked over to his son and put a hand on his shoulder.

  “Let’s start the tour up stairs.”

 The three men made their way up the stairs and Gibbs led the way to the director’s office. They passed into an outer office and introduced Danny to Silvia the director’s secretary. Then they went into the inner office to find the director standing in front of her desk.

 “Director Jenny Shepard, this is my son, Detective Daniel Messer NYPD CSI. Danny this is our boss.”

 “It’s a pleasure to meet you Detective.” Shepard said taking Danny’s hand in a firm handshake. She smiled at the young man and noticed that his eyes looked just like Gibbs’s beneath the glasses he wore.

 “Danny please ma’am.” Danny said after his hand was released.

 “Of course Danny. I am told that you will be getting the grand tour from your dad and hanging around here today.”

 “Yes ma’am”

 “Then incase Tony didn’t warn you. I would suggest you stay away from Gibbs’s coffee if you like the lining of your stomach the way it is.”

 Danny, Tony, and Jen laughed while Gibbs crossed his arms over his chest and tried to look offended.

 ~~~~~~~~

 They were walking down the stairs again after having shown an impressed Danny MTAC, when they saw that McGee and David were at their desks now. The other team members rose to greet Danny when the three came into the bullpen again.

 “Hey guys great ta’ see ya again.” Danny said shaking both their hands with a big grin on his face. It was returned full force by both the other people and they all chatted for a few minutes until Gibbs broke it up.

 “Okay people. Tony and I are going to take Danny to see Ducky and Abby then on a quick tour. I want your paper work on my desk by the end of the day so get to work. We can all have lunch together in Abby’s lab at 1200 hours, McGee you order.”

 As Gibbs, Danny and Tony headed to the elevator, they heard a “Yes Boss.” from both people.

 As the doors opened on Abby’s floor, they were assaulted by what some might call music. They stepped into Abby’s inner sanctum and stopped right behind the bopping goth.

 “Abs!”  Gibbs shouted over the sound trying to put holes in their eardrums. She picked up a remote and turned down the music without even looking up at them. She finished what she had been typing into her computer and then pressed enter with a flare and turned to face them. She squealed when she saw Danny and pounced on him.

  Danny saw it coming this time, unlike the first time he’d met her, and was able to brace himself and wrap his arms around her tightly.

 “Good to see you too Abby.” Danny said laughing.

  Gibbs and Tony watched in amusement as Danny swung the lab tech around in a circle making her laugh loudly.

 “I couldn’t wait for you to get here! You’re going to let us give you a tour of our fair city right? It’s only fair since you all played tour guides for us.”  Abby said pulling back to look at the blonde.

  She couldn’t get over her happiness at Gibbs having a son to ease the hurt of his first wife and his daughter being taken from him. Now he not only had Tony to make him happy but a great son to be proud of and she knew that Gibbs had missed being a father so Danny was just what he needed. She also knew just from what she had learned of the young man that he was in desperate need of a loving, supportive, protective father. He and Gibbs were exactly what the other needed.

 Danny stepped back from the goth with a laugh and nodded his head at her statement. He had greatly enjoyed the time he had spent with the girl when they were in New York and she had told him a bunch of stories about Gibbs much to the older man’s horror and everyone else’s amusement. Ducky too had been in on the storytelling and Gibbs had to threaten them both with head smacks to get them to stop.

  Abby showed off her lab to the younger man and even let him explore her computer set up which was a show of how much she liked him to the others. She showed him every gadget she had and Danny saw a few that he really wished they had at the NYPD CSI lab.

 Finally, Gibbs broke up the sibling-like bonding and said that Ducky was waiting to see Danny as well and they still had the rest of the tour to finish. Abby pouted that her new friend was being taken away so soon so Tony wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

 “Don’t worry Abs. Danny’s here for two weeks and you’ll get to spend plenty of time with him. Besides Boss told Probie to order lunch for us all later and that we’ll all meet down here at 1200 to eat. So no pouty lips and sad puppy eyes.”

 Abby immediately started bouncing and smiling again at the news of lunch in her lab and cheerfully waved at Danny as his father and Tony walked him out of the lab.

  They headed to Ducky’s morgue and could hear the older man talking as they approached and could see that he was aiming his discourse at a body on his table as they entered.

 “Who’s he talkin’ too?” Danny asked before they had a chance to enter the room.

 Tony and Gibbs both grinned as Tony answered the question with a chuckle.

  “The corpse.”

  Danny looked at them in disbelief as they continued on to visit the coroner.

  “Ahh, Tony my fine young man! Jethro and Danny what a pleasant surprise.”

  Ducky moved away from the body and proceeded to rid himself of his gloves, face shield and scrubs. Once done cleaning himself up the older man shook Danny’s hand warmly in both his as he smiled in a grandfatherly way at the young blonde.

 “It is such a pleasure to see you again my boy. How are you finding your visit with your father so far?”

 Danny smiled back at the ME and said. “It’s great, we had a great dinner and watched a movie and just hung out last night. We are working on a tour of the building right now. It’s really cool seeing everyone again.”

 Ducky gave a pleased smile and led them to his office after he had motioned for them to do so. The older man insisted that they join him in a quick cup of tea before they continued on with the tour and they all sat in his office chatting until their mugs were empty. Then they were off to finish the tour and headed back to the bullpen so Tony and Gibbs could finish their paper work.

 ~~~~~~~~

 When they arrived, back in the bullpen Tim and Ziva were hard at work trying to finish the mountains of paperwork that they had to get done before they could all go on their holiday. They both took the time to smile at Danny as he returned and then bent back to their work.

 Tony went to his desk and sat down and powered up is computer, while Gibbs motioned his son to his own desk. He pulled an extra chair from the empty desk on the other side of the divider from McGee. He pulled the chair up to sit next to his own chair as Danny sat down in that as he was told too and Gibbs began to show him some of the work they had been doing lately and let Danny read some of the case files as he worked on finishing some of his own paper work.

 ~~~~~~~~

 Danny finished reading and saw that his father still had a lot of work to do yet so he asked if he could call Mac to let him know how things were going. His father immediately picked up the phone, showed him what to hit to get an outside line, and then allowed Danny to call Mac in peace while he went back to his work.

  Danny called his lover’s cell number and waited.Mac picked- up on the third ring with his customary “Taylor” greeting. Danny had to suppress a laugh at the grumpy sounding voice.

 “Miss me yet?” He said with a mischievous grin on his face.He saw his father smile out of the corner of his eye and Danny leaned slightly into the older man with a grin on his face. Gibbs dropped his pen, brought his hand up and behind his son, ruffled the boy’s hair, and then went back to work.

 “Of course I miss you. Stella has already threatened to shot me if I snap at her one more time.”

 Danny laughed softly at that.

 “Yeah well stop snapping at her then ‘cause you know she will shot you if you annoy her too much and I’d like ya still around when I get home.”

 “How are you getting along with your dad?” Mac asked with a serious tone.

 “Everything is great!  We chilled out at the house last night and today I got a tour of NCIS and got to see everyone again. Now we’re sittin’ at Dad’s desk and he showed me some old case files while he finishes his paperwork and then we’re all gonna have lunch with Abby in her lab. Oh! Mac you should see some of the stuff she has in there it’s great and I really wish we had some of it in our lab…. ”

  “Hold on Babe. Slow down and take a breath.”

  Mac laughed as his young lover did as he was told. Leave it to Danny to go on vacation and spot new scientific gadgets that he just has to have.  He really did miss his little Italian spitfire. After just one day of him being gone, the lab feels too quiet and depressing. He couldn’t believe how much laughter and fun his younger lover brought to the lab not just for him but every one who worked there seemed to feel the effects of the feisty young blonde not being there.

  ~~~~~~~~

 Danny and Mac spoke for a while and Danny told his older lover about NCIS and what he’d seen. He told Mac about his own visitors badge and the hose key his father had given him and everything else that had happened so far in the visit. He looked up when he saw a shadow cross his father’s desk to find Tony standing there.

  He told Mac to hold on a second and both he and his father looked up at Tony.

 “It’s lunch time guys. McGee said the food should be here any time now.”

 Gibbs looked at his watch and saw that his lover was right and then looked over at his son. The boy nodded to acknowledge them, said a few words to his lover, and then hung up the phone.The three men joined the other two agents, then all five went to the elevator, and Gibbs hit the button to take them to Abby’s lab. McGee didn’t go to the lab with them but to the lobby to get the food.

  ~~~~~~~~

 A few minutes later Gibbs, Danny, Tony, Ziva, Abby, Tim, and Ducky were all seated on various surfaces in Abby’s lab enjoying the food and chatting about anything and everything.

  Danny enjoyed the byplay between his father’s team and the fact that they never made him feel left out. They made him feel as if he’d always been apart of their little family and he felt no awkwardness about joining in on the teasing and joking.

 ~~~~~~~~

 Later that night as Gibbs taught him how to sand the boat in his basement and Tony sat on the stool by the workbench reading to them from the newspaper, Danny couldn’t believe how easy he seemed to fit in here when he had been so sure it would have been strange and uncomfortable.

 Now he stood with his father’s arms around him as Gibbs showed him how much pressure it took to sand the side of the boat, and Danny had a glimpse of what it could have been like if Gibbs had raised him instead of Messer Sr. He had been afraid of messing up the boat since he didn’t know anything about woodworking.

  His father had ruffled his hair and told him that there wasn’t anything he could do that the older man couldn’t fix and that had led them to were they were now and Danny had never felt so loved and apart of a real family as he did now.As Gibbs pulled back to work on another section of the boat once Danny seemed to pick up on the rhythm of the sanding Danny stopped and put down the sanding block.

 “What’s wrong? You were doing great.” Gibbs said as Danny took a step back from the boat.

 Tony stopped reading and looked up at the two by the boat.

  Danny shook his head.

 “Nothing is wrong. I just want to get something I brought for you guys outta my room.”

 Danny turned and ran up the stairs and both men could hear him moving towards the stairs to the upper floor.

  Both men looked at each other and raised an eyebrow in confusion but just waited quietly for the younger man to return. A few minutes later, the blonde came back down the stairs carrying a large package in brown paper. It was only about an inch or two thick but it was about 25 inches in height and about 30 inches width. Tony left is stool and came to stand with Gibbs as Danny nervously handed the package to his father.

 ~~~~~~~~

 Gibbs took the gift gently from Danny’s hands and opened the brown paper to find a beautiful painting inside. It was of him, Tony, and Danny. It matched a picture that had been taken in New York two months ago, it was so detailed, and you could see the life in the eyes of the three of them shining out for all to see.

  Gibbs looked at the painting studying it closely and took in every brush stroke until finally he saw the signature in the lower corner and it read as, Danny Messer.

 He looked up at his son in awe and handed the painting to Tony so the younger man could look closely at it. He turned to stand in front of his son and could see the blush creeping up his boy’s cheeks and the uncertain shuffling from foot-to-foot began again. As Danny waited for some comment on the gift, he did not expect it when his father pulled him into his strong arms and hugged him tightly.

 “It’s beautiful son. I love it more than I could ever tell you.”

TBC....