Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
978
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,689

Silver Moon

Summary:

It was a stormy night...

Work Text:

Silver Moon
by LizM



Rain was pouring against the window panes, making it look like someone was continuously spraying water against it with a hose.
Murdock watched it intensely, staring unseeingly into the storm outside.

They were lucky to have made it to this old house, when the van broke down.
BA had been grumbling the whole time it took to trudge through the mud towards what looked like a promising place to escape the rain.

HIS van wouldn't have died in the middle of the road.

HIS van would have continued to bring them safely through the downpour back towards home.

BUT they had had to fly to the middle of nowhere, only to crash the plane and then find out that the only vehicle to get out of there was an old cargo plane, which not even Murdock dared to touch in fear it would fall apart.

Therefore, Face had scammed them a more sensible transportation device which turned out to be in not much better shape than that plane.

'Well', Murdock reflected, waiting for Face to come out of the bathroom, 'it could have been worse.'

When they had finally reached the old house, they were soaked to the bones and covered in mud up to their knees.
Even Face was too weary and cold to complain about his ruined suit.

Murdock shook his head as he remembered, that he'd been a little scared when he first saw the house up close.
It was an old style mansion, which could have come right out of a horror movie.
However, after they'd knocked and the kind, old lady had invited them in between gasp of 'being out in this weather', he decided that no ghosts were lurking around the corner.
As it turned out, Mr. and Mrs. Whittington had lived here for 40 years and they were so warm and welcoming that Murdock felt a little bit bad to think this might be an 'evil house'.
Their hosts insisted that they 'get out of the wet clothes right away' and showed them upstairs to the two guest rooms, which were decorated in old-fashion style, with four poster beds, huge feather beds and fireplaces, which were lit immediately by Mrs. Whittington after she'd opened the doors for them.
Each room had its own small bathroom, as their hostess explained, and they were welcome to anything in the closets, since they couldn't very well sleep in the wet clothes.

By silent agreement, Murdock and Face took one room, Hannibal and BA the other.

Murdock grinned.

There was definitely an upside to having come out to your friends. Sleeping arrangements weren't a problem anymore.

Since he'd graciously allowed his lover first dibs in the bathroom he was now stuck with dripping all over the polished hard wood floor.
One just had to stay positive, Murdock noted, as he wrenched his gaze away from the rain and looked to the bed with its plush and inviting looking feather bed.
It would be a shame if they couldn't make love at least once in there. The setting couldn't be any more romantic, if they'd planned it and the fire was starting to warm up the room nicely.
Murdock heard a noise behind him and figured that Face was out of the bathroom.
He turned around and started laughing. He laughed so hard, he had to hold his sides.

Face was wearing one of those white, long, frilly nightgowns that were in fashion with men at the end of the 19th century. Complete with nightcap.

"You wound me, mon Capitaine", he said in a mock French Accent. "You wound me deeply!"

Murdock tried to control his laughter.

"Does this mean you'll be on the bottom?" he asked devilishly.

"What? Why?" his partner spluttered.

"Because you look like a lady. A very sexy lady", Murdock hastily amended.

Face snorted and moved towards the bed.

"First of all, just because I wear a nightgown, I'm not a woman and secondly, women can also be on top", he explained indignantly.

Murdock just continued laughing and moved to the bathroom to get out of the wet clothes himself.

After he came out of the bathroom, just wrapped in a towel, Murdock opened one of the closets and found that Face's choice of clothes was by far one of the more sensible ones.
He grinned at his lover, who had burrowed so far into the feathers that only the blonde hair beneath the nightcap was visible.
After struggling into the gown, he banked the fire, so the room went dark and only a small orange glow emanated from the fireplace.
It was suddenly very silent in the room and for a moment Murdock was confused. Then he realized it was so quiet, because the rain had stopped.
A strong wind had blown the clouds apart and the moon was casting a streak of silver through the window onto the floor.
Murdock stepped into the light and enjoyed the play of the light on the white nightgown. A rustle from the bed made him look at a sleepy eyed Face, who blinked at him.

'You look like an angel', Face said softly. 'You're glowing. Come to bed, my angel.'

Murdock smiled and with regret stepped out of the moonlight.

He slid into the bed and into his lover's arms with a sigh. Face was already asleep again, and Murdock knew he wouldn't remember the last few minutes in the morning. Face would never admit to being sappy and romantic, while half-asleep. But Murdock treasured the memory and stored it into his 'to-keep-forever-memory' box.

He fell asleep to the picture of silver moonlight on the floor.

end