Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
706
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,111

Destiny Dreams

Summary:

Summary: Dreams dreamed by Jim and Blair before they meet.
Non exclusive. To be posted at Destinies Entwined.
Submitted through the SenseXangstRevisited mailing list.

Work Text:

Destiny Dreams
by J. Love

Jim was starting to dread going to sleep. Each night was the same. An offer of hope extended, and then it was cruelly taken away. The dreams were robbing him of what little sleep he managed to grab. No matter what he did, his sheets felt rough and his skin became irritated. That is not to even to mention the episodes when his hearing, smell and eyesight went out of whack. Fortunately switching to a bland tasteless diet seemed to help a little. Jim just wanted it all to stop and go back to normal. He had enough on his plate with this new switchman case. He shifted positions again and grimaced as the sheets grated against his skin. Finally, he lay as still as possible and forced himself to sleep calling upon tricks learned in the army.

Soon the dream started again. A figure barely restraining from bouncing assured him that he could help him. Slowly details became more distinct and Jim was able to determine that the figure was male. While short of stature, he was solidly built with a muscular build. Not as bulky as Jim was but still easily recognizable strength. Wavy long hair became noticeable framing a face. Although Jim could make out the blue/green flannel shirt and blue jeans that the man wore, he couldn't see what color the man's hair was other than the impression that it was a dark shade. Jim could see the strong square and calloused hands that moved as the man talked, he couldn't make out any of the man's facial features. The voice was rich and soothing, smooth as honeyed silk to his senses. The man promised that he would help Jim and that he was normal and not a freak. Unfortunately whenever the man tried to tell him more details, his voice would fade away. Then as quickly as the dream found him in his sleep, it would shatter and Jim would wake up.

Jim sat up and glanced at his clock. It was only four in the morning. He had only managed to get two hours sleep. Jim sighed heavily, weariness dragging at him. Despite the lack of success, he knew he would have to try to sleep again. He couldn't function properly on only two hours. Jim lay back down and forced himself back to sleep. Hopefully he would only sleep. Despite the soothing quality of the dream man's voice, the dream was too frustrating on top of everything else right now.

~~~~~~

Across town in a warehouse, a young man shifted restlessly in his sleep as he dreamed. Again the man taunted him with his nearness but still remained elusive. Blair knew he was the sentinel that he was seeking. His instincts told him this. One time he sees the man in army fatigues with tribal markings on his chest and arms then the man's clothes changed to regular jeans and a lightweight sweater leaving Blair confused. Will he find this sentinel in the jungle or in the western world? The man is tall and well built. His female students would call the man's body an Adonis but Blair cares little for that. This is the sentinel he has been searching for and he wants to study him. His instincts call out for him to help him. He tries to tell the man what he wants to know but can't. His voice fails every time. Blair is only able to assure the man that he is normal and that he would like to help him. The most frustrating part of the dreams is that Blair can not see the man's face so he can't find him. Every time Blair tries to push too hard to see his face or to talk to him about his sentinel abilities, the dream disappears in a wisp of smoke. He frowns in his sleep as this happens once again. Blair will awaken in the morning with the burning desire to find his sentinel and no idea where to begin to look.

~~~~~

Destiny tempts both men with what they want most but withholds the prize, at least for now. It is not yet time for them to meet.

The end.