Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
389
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,918

Broken

Summary:

In the end he was Broken
Disclaimers and Beta list can be found on my author's info page.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

~*~

 

Broken. Plain and simply stated he was broken. No matter what happened from here on out, whether they escaped or not, the fact remains that they had broken him, and much like Humpty Dumpty he wasn't going to be put back together again. He sat in the corner with his knees curled up swaying back and forth incoherent words whispered to the wind. They had dropped him off at dawn laughing at his mental state congratulating themselves for a job well done. He smiled at them with a crazed look in his eyes; they took a step back in fear. What they didn't realize was once they broke him; they had taken away his rational fear of them. The world he now lived in, was one they didn't understand. They can't contradict or control his actions because it is his broken mind that is controlling him. When they broke him they broke their control over him.

The moment arrived and it was time to get him out of here to safety. But in truth he was all ready safe, they can't touch him anymore, cause once the toy is broken it is cast aside. His friends had scooped up their broken friend and cradle him preciously. He is theirs and no matter how long it takes, they will mend him. He won't be the same, but he will not stay broken.

"Murdock, it's our chance to get out of this hell hole." Face looked into the crazed brown eyes of his best friend.

"Can I bring Billy?" He stroked thin air cooing at a dog that didn't exist in their world.

"Yes, when we get back to base he can run around and chase squirrels." Face smiled encouraging his friend to get up.

They ran and never looked back. Four days later they were safe at the base recuperating from their ordeal. His physical wounds healed, but it took time to heal the mental ones. They decided to send him to a VA hospital, to be treated for his 'illness'. What they doctors never realized that he wasn't ill. He was broken, and could only be mend by his three friends that faced jail and maybe even death just to be by his side. Cause they understand he was broken, but they are masterminds at putting things back together.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Bj Jones.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.