Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
4,098
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,884

Convention forgivness

Summary:

Pairing: Greg/Warrick
Rating: FR-13
Archive: Anywhere…just ask
Summary: After a break up, Warrick and Greg find themselves in a hotel during a convention.
Disclaimer: We no own. We make no money. Please no sue

Work Text:

Convention forgivness
by Paradise4writin and Radek McKay

Warrick and Greg go to a convention in BFE. The crime lab mixes it up and books them for a single room instead of separate rooms. Warrick and Greg were in a relationship, but broke up and this is the first time they have been in a room together since they broke up. They have this huge fight and they sleep in separate rooms. One wakes up and hears the other crying. They get back together. 76

Warrick Brown sighed as he looked at the room he was going to be staying in. The lab had screwed up the room reservations. So not only was he going to have to attend the convention with his former boyfriend Greg Sanders, he was now going to have to share a room with him. This was the first time since their breakup, which was a nasty one; they were in the same room with each other.

Warrick scowled as he put his things into the shelves of the dresser, slamming them shut in the process.

"Is this how it is going to be while we are here? You're just going to ignore me?"

Warrick whipped around and saw Greg standing in the doorway.

"I'm sorry Greg, but being stuck at this conference and in this hotel room isn't exactly my idea of a good time!"

"I don't see why you are so angry, you the one that broke up with me after being together for a year. You go out of your way at work to avoid me and you won't even tell me why you broke up with me. Why Warrick, why?!"

"I never loved you, that's why! I only said that to make you happy!"

The look on Greg's face could only be described as heart breaking. It looked like his very soul had been shattered. Tear built up in his eyes and he hung his head.

Warrick felt his own eyes fill with tears. He didn't mean to say what he did. He was just caught up in his emotions and spoke before he thought.

"Greg I'm..."

"Get out Warrick..."

"But Greg..."

"Get the fuck out!"

Greg shoved Warrick towards the door, while the tears spilled down his cheeks.

Warrick swallowed his pride and decided to leave; he didn't want to make the younger man even madder than he already was. He realized that this was going to be a very bad week for him. He decided to make his way to the hotel bar, since there were no events for him to attend tonight and he really wanted to spend as much time away from Greg as humanly possible. He wanted to stay away because Greg Sanders was a force to be reckoned with... even more so when he was pissed off. He seated himself on one of the bar stools. He ordered a Jack and Coke. The bartender served it up quickly and Warrick let out a love lost sigh. The bartender gave him a cursory look before turning to wait on a brunette knockout. Warrick closed his eyes and sipped his drink, wondering if even with those hurtful words, Greg could ever forgive him.

~

Greg was standing by the door still and he had watched Warrick walk away. It hurt... worse than their break-up and even worse than the harsh words Warrick had uttered only moments before. It hurt... that he was so willing to just walk away. Some small part of Greg, a stupid part... he thought bitterly, had hoped that Warrick would be more adamant... would be willing to talk to him and work something out. He licked his lips and finally shut the door. He sat down heavily on the bed and a small shiver passed through him. This was going to be a big problem. He wasn't just sharing a room with Warrick... he was sharing a bed with him too. There was nothing else to sleep on either. The ritzy hotel didn't have sofas in their roomsâ€" just uncomfortable looking chairs.

Greg laid down and curled around a pillow. He let more tears spill out began to sob. His heart was breaking all over again, and he didn't know if he could take it again. How could he say that he didn't love me, Greg thought. Warrick had been the first one to say it. None of this makes sense. Greg curled tighter into himself as the tears continued to flow.

~

Warrick stumbled out of the bar several hours, and several drinks, later. He needed to apologize to Greg. He wanted his crazy lab tech. He made a horrible mistake letting Greg go those three months ago. He needed Greg, he truly did.

He stumbled towards the hotel room and dug his key out. After several tries to get the key in, he finally unlocked the door. He went to turn on the light, but from the outside light he could see Greg curled in a ball on the bed. The sight stabbed Warrick deep in his heart. He caused Greg this pain. He caused it three months ago and he caused it again tonight. He had to fix this, this hurt too much. He kneeled on the floor beside Greg. He could see the tear tracks on Greg's cheeks and the knife in his heart dug a little deeper. He ran his fingers through the hair that he snuggled into not that long ago. Hair whose scent used to put him to sleep in an instant.

The movements caused Greg to stir out of his sleep. He opened his eyes and saw the eyes, up until a few hours ago, he longed to see.

Greg jumped back away from the touch. He could smell the alcohol on Warrick's breath because of how close they had been. He didn't want to be a drunken mistake so he crawled to the other side of the bed, knees up in a defensive position.

"Don't you fucking dare." Greg snarled. He felt an uncontrollable rage. Warrick looked a little confused, and Greg knew that he was drunk.

"I'm sorry..." Warrick slurred out, his drunken state obvious as he stood up to climb on the bed. He stumbled a little. He reached for Greg. Greg got off the bed and pressed himself against the wall. He glared at Warrick.

"I'm not doing this." He said adamantly. "I'm not going to let you do this." He said. He didn't want to be Warrick's mistake for the third time. Especially not twice in one night. He licked his lips and headed towards the door. "I'm going to the lobby." He announced, turning to glance at Warrick. "Just leave me the fuck alone." Greg snarled out his last words and slammed out of the hotel room. He managed to hold his tears back until he got to the elevator. Then, his eyes were so blurred he could barely see the buttons.

~

Warrick was confused; the alcohol had dimmed his abilities greatly. He hadn't drunk anything stronger than beer in a long time, so his sudden ingestion of the whiskey threw him off. He licked his lips which felt cotton dry. He had come here to apologize... why had Greg gotten so angry? He wasn't sure, but he decided to stay... because he wasn't sure why Greg was so pissed off in the first place... but he wasn't about to make it worse.

It took Warrick about a nano second to decide whether or not to follow Greg. He decided to follow Greg. He stumbled towards the lobby and asked the women behind the desk what direction Greg went in. The women pointed towards the pool. It took Warrick a few minutes to make his way to the pool, and when he did he was glad. Greg had stripped to his boxers and was swimming. Seeing his former almost pausing to catch his breath almost naked made his blood race and realize that he still loved Greg and had to make right the mistakes made not only tonight but three months ago. As he made his way towards Greg, he tripped over one of Greg's boots. He smacked his head off one of the concrete tables and fell into the pool.

~

Greg had come up for air when he saw Warrick enter the pool area. His heart gave a little flutter of hope that he thought he gave up on months ago. He was about to yell something to Warrick when Warrick tripped on Greg's boots and hit his head. He watched in horror as Warrick fell into the pool. His heat stopped when Warrick didn't pop right back up. He quickly swam to where Warrick was and pulled him out of the water. Warrick's eyes were closed and there was a cut above his eye.

"Warrick...come on man. Warrick wake up. Come on baby"

Warrick's eyes fluttered open and Greg almost cried at the site of those brown eyes. For a moment he never thought he would see them again. Without thinking Greg gave Warrick a kiss on the lips.

"You scared me Rick."

"I wanted...I wanted to tell you that I love you. I am so sorry for what I said."

Greg felt his heart stop for the second time that night. He knew it wasn't the booze talking. No one can take a fall like that and stay sober. But, Greg needed more than words from Warrick.

I do love you Warrick. But I need to show me that you love me. A lot of things have been said and done to make me doubt you."

Warrick started to say something, but stopped himself. Greg needed actions, not words. Warrick let Greg help him up and waited until Greg had collected his clothes before they walked back to their room. After checking to make sure Warrick didn't need any immediate medical attention, Greg tucked him into bed and then got himself situated on his side of the bed.

As Greg settled in, he felt Warrick curl up next to him. The small action caused Greg to smile. 'At least it's a start', Greg thought as he drifted off to sleep.

 

~The Next Morning~

Warrick awoke feeling a little cramped, but very warm... and with a pounding headache. He remembered being drunk, and that was about it. And judging the close proximity of whoever it was beside him, in his inebriation he had probably done something very stupid. When he had first arrived at the hotel where the convention was, he had noticed a great amount of attractive men and women. He himself was a handsome man and he was sure that whatever he wanted to catch, he had caught it. Warrick opened his eyes and squeezed them shut as the light caused his head to pound even harder. He rolled away from the window, away from the warmth beside him. He stretched and yawned a little and climbed out of the bed. He stubbed his toe on the chair nearby.

"Fuck." He cursed softly before heading towards the bathroom. When he got in there, he relieved himself, washed his hands, and splashed some cool water on his face. He'd kill for an aspirin and a cold glass of water. With a slight sigh, he decided to go downstairs in pursuit of bothâ€"and maybe a bit of breakfast. He opened the door silently and crept out, not wanting to awake whoever was with him. He idly wondered where Greg was... and he also wondered if Greg would ever accept his apology. He had said some very harsh things to Greg the night before. He reached the main area and saw a small shop type thing. He went in to purchase some aspirin. The lady working behind the counter gave him a seductive smile, but he only managed a weak one back. The store was lighted with very bright lights and they were driving into his head like spikes. He grabbed the aspirin and paid for it. She smiled and gave him his change, while wishing him to have a nice day. He grunted a response and left for the small place that hosted the continental breakfast.

He saw a frustrated looking woman with fire-red hair trying to get her two unruly kids to settle down and eat. They were shrieking with delight, acting like they probably didn't act at home. Each small noise resulted in another jackhammer type attack in his head. He grabbed some orange juice and swallowed three of the aspirin. He grabbed a bagel and contemplated it because his stomach was doing flip flops. He cut it in half and decided to eat a small portion of it. As soon as he took a bite though, he realized how hungry he was and he started to eat a little more heartily, standing up to grab some cream cheese to spread on it. He quickly finished off his bagel and decided to go back upstairs to his room.

~

Greg woke up feeling cold... and very alone. His heart sank. So much for being in love...He thought bitterly to himself. He rolled out of bed and swallowed back tears. He used the bathroom quickly and left to go find something to do. The first seminar wasn't until 1 o'clock and it was only 11:30. He rubbed his temples and stepped into the elevator, riding it down to the main floor. He was going to run out and see if there was a coffee shop nearby. He could really use some sort of _mocha coffee to cheer him up a bit after being abandoned by Warrick... who had claimed to have loved him. After all of the hurtful things Warrick had said to him over the past three months, Greg had been willing to give Warrick another chance. The fact that Warrick had left hurt Greg more than anything Warrick could have said.

~

Warrick came back into the room and found that his bed partner was gone. He still wondered where Greg was and he haphazardly made the bed. He changed out of his clothes and went to take a shower. After his shower he made his way to the mirror to shave. He spotted the cut above his eye and wondered where he had gotten in while he shaved. Half way though the shave the events that had taken place came back to Warrick. Coming back from the bar, the fight in the hotel room, the events at the pool...all came back. Warrick lowered the razor. The person in the bed this morning was Greg! And Warrick left, without telling Greg. Everything that Warrick had started to fix had been destroyed. Warrick finished his shave, while cussing himself out. How could he be that stupid? How could he leave Greg alone this morning? Why didn't he check to see who was in his bed before he left?

Warrick sat on the bed, thinking about what he had to do now. It was clear to him that he had to do something to prove that last night just wasn't a drunken night. He had to prove that he truly wanted Greg back. Suddenly, Warrick had an idea.

When they were dating Greg had complained that Warrick didn't express his feelings. Maybe if he told Greg how he felt....

Warrick went through his bag and pulled out his notebook. He sat back down on the bed and started to write his feelings for Greg out on the paper. He just hoped that he wasn't too late to salvage what might be left. After several minutes and several pieces of paper, Warrick was satisfied. He left the piece of paper on the bed for Greg. He left the room again. He didn't want to be in the room when Greg read the letter.

~

Greg couldn't believe that he left his wallet in the hotel room. He had to drive all the way back across town to get it. The hotel room was the last place he wanted to be, especially if Warrick was still there.

When Greg stepped into the hotel room, he was relieved that Warrick was not there. He didn't want to face Warrick after what happened. How could Warrick treat him like that? Maybe he suffered some kind of head trauma after hitting his head. Maybe that and the alcohol made him say those things.

Greg was about to leave when he noticed a piece of paper on the bed. At first he thought that they had fallen out of his bag and the maid picked them up. But as he looked at them closer he realized that it was a letter...and it was addressed to him. Curious, he sat down and started to read.

Greg,

I know that I have totally screwed up what we had started to re-build. I never meant to hurt you. Not this morning and not three months ago. I loved you then and I love you now. I meant every word I said last night. It wasn't the booze and it wasn't the hit to my head. I love you Greg Sanders. I know I didn't say it to you enough before but I am saying it now. I never would have left our bed this morning if I would have known how much it hurt you, because I know it did. If you would give me another chance to prove to you that I truly love you, I will make sure you know every day of the rest of our lives showing you and telling you how much you mean to me. I will do whatever you ask me to. ANYTHING just so I can have you in my life again.

I love you,
Warrick

Greg felt his heart catch in his throat. Warrick still loved him. Greg had to find Warrick. They needed to talk about how to save this relationship, because it was apparent to Greg that it was what was missing in him life. His Warrick.

~

Warrick wandered around the hotel, trying to calm himself down. Despite wanting to do it... the letter had made him admit to things he hadn't realized he was still feeling as strongly as he was. When he had said those things to Greg, both three months ago and last night... he had thought he had meant them. In fact, he had tried to believe he had actually felt those things for a long time. He tried so hard to believe he didn't like being wrapped up in Greg's arm or taking in the sweet scent of his hair. He had wanted to believe that he didn't love Greg; that he was just using Gregâ€"because he hadn't wanted to believe he could love a man. Not Warrick... not the quintessential ladies man. He had wanted to believe that what he had with Greg was a cheap fling used to ease the loneliness he was feeling due to not having a woman. And at first, that was what it was. But somewhere between their lustful passion and curling up in post-coital bliss... Warrick had fallen head over heels in love with the younger lab tech now CSI.

Warrick wrung his hands together in an age old gesture of nervousness. He squeezed his fingers together and his flesh burned because of his rough palm pulling at the sensitive backside of his hands. He watched his hands do their little dance, almost like a mind of its own, as his thoughts were far, far away... in a land more suited to dreamers than a man of logic such as himself. He had, when he was much younger, dreamed of a fairy tale romance. He dreamt that he was going to rescue some fair maiden and court her... something that you saw in books and movies. In a sense, he had rescued *someone* just not a fair maiden. He dropped into one of the couches and thought about it. He remembered that he almost lost Greg because of a stupid lab accident... caused by negligence and stupidity... something that could have been avoided had they just checked the damn hood. It was then he decided he had to make a move on Greg. Greg had become jumpy; more resigned... it made Warrick long for the loud music and louder shirts. So, one night, he just decided to ask Greg out. He assured himself it wasn't a date... just buddies hanging out... but then... one thing had led to another and before he knew it... he was riding Greg like a prized stallion by the end of the night. He smiled softly at the memory.

Still, even more than a year later, he could remember every touch, every sound and smile, everything about that night which had made it perfect. And he remembered, right in that moment, when Greg was curled up beside him looking as peaceful as an angel... was when he fell madly in love. And then... when he realized it fully a chain reaction started in his mind which ultimately led to the cruel words he had said. He let out a soft sigh and hoped to god... that the note had the proper effect and Greg would come to realize that what he said was true.

~

Greg was frantically searching the hotel, because he had no idea where Warrick was at all. And it was a damned big hotel. He had checked the pool first, but there were only little kids and frustrated looking parents. He even went to go and check the room. He felt like he had checked everywhere, and he was about to give up hope... but then he saw the back of a head that was all too familiar
for him. He wanted to profess his love right thereâ€"but he was so nervous... so confused as to what might happen.

Greg took a deep breath and walked around to face Warrick.

"Warrick?"

Warrick looked up at Greg and his heart skipped a beat with hope. This had to be a good sign, right? Greg leaned against the wall across from Warrick.

"I got your letter....thank you."

"I ment every single word. Greg I love you. And I will do anything to prove it to you. Anything at all."

"I know, but what I want your might not be ready to give."

"Please Greg, give me another chance. I will do it, just ask me to."

"I want a commitment. I want it to be you and me and everyone knows it. Can you give that to me?"

Warrick was silent for a few moments, and Greg took that as a no. Swalloing hard, he pushed himself off the wall and started to walk away. Warrick reached out and grabbed his arm. Warrick pulled Greg towards him and gave him a soul searing kiss that told Greg all he needed to know.

"Ok. It's gonna be you and me from now on. I promise Greg. I swear on my life that I will never let you go again."

Greg fought against the tears as he kissed Warrick back. This was what he wanted. He wanted Warrick back and he got him. He glanced at the clock on the wall and groaned.

"We have to get to the convention."

Warrick gave Greg another quick kiss before he let go of Greg's arms.

"You go ahead. I have something to get. But I won't be far behind you."

Greg pouted and Warrick nipped at Greg's lips beforesliding his tounge into those lips.

"Promise Warrick?"

Warrick smiled.

"I promise baby...now get!"

Warrick smacked greg's ass and took great delight in the suprised look on his face. Just as Greg reached the door, Warrick called out to him.

"Hey Greg....I love you."

Greg turned towards Warrick and Warrick smiled at the huge grin Greg gave him.

" I love you too."

~

"Welcome sir. How can I help you?"

"I am looking for an engagment ring. I am going to propose to the man I love."

"Ah yes sir, right this way."

The end