AUTHORS, PLEASE NOTE
Due to glitches that happen time to time during a submission or an upgrade to the site, the archive asks that when you post a story to the site you send an email copy to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can have a back up copy in case a bad upload slips through. or a glitch arises later on. Thank you for your assistance
- All submissions SHOULD be accompanied by a complete disclaimer. Sample DisclaimerDisclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
- Stories must be submitted to the proper category. Please select all appropriate fandoms (remember to check the x-over section if the story is multiple fandom and select the correct x-over fandoms from the available list). so the story can be filed under each appropriate fandom. The submission form allows you to choose multiple categories for your story. Please Note: Select the gen, hetero or slash from the pull down, not the fandoms sub-cats if available. these are being slowly phased out. Please do NOT add your story multiple times!
- Titles and summaries should be kid friendly.
- "Please read", "Untitled", etc. don't make for wonderful titles or summaries, but can be used in a pinch.
- A number of authors have requested that fans refrain from writing fan fiction based on their work. Posting these fandoms could result in C&Ds.
- Actor/actress stories are permitted, but Be sure to mark these clearly and use strong disclaimers advising you are using the stage persona not the actual person.
- Correct grammar and spelling are expected of all stories submitted to this site. Please use your check programs. A lot of folks give poorly written stories a pass.
- All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings. All adult rated stories are expected to have warnings. After all, they wouldn't have that rating if there wasn't something to be warned about! The site administrators recognize that there is an audience for these stories, but please respect those who do not wish to read them by labeling them appropriately.
- Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact the site administrator or ask a friend to help you.
- As much as possible, spoiler warnings are expected on all stories. For categories with serialized content, such as series of books or television series, spoilers are mandatory for the current season and/or most recent part. An appropriate spoiler warning to place in your summary would be: Spoilers for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules as needed.