Title: Proof Of Ownership

Author: D'Nalia

Fandom: BTVS

Pairing: Xander/Antony DiBlasi (OC), Ben-ashir Ahkbar/Hamid (OC's)

Feedback: Yes please, it makes me giggle. (dnalia@yahoo.com)

Category: this is *so* AU it isn't funny

Rating: NC-17

Disclaimer: Xander and Co. from BTVS and Angel aren't mine. Everyone else is.

Warnings: This one isn't pretty people, and trust me, you may hate Xander's father now, but when I'm done you'll want him dead. graphic m/m sex, h/c, angst, Buffy bashing (I love it), slimy lawyers, *training*, abuse, ect. If you have any doubts at all, don't read this.

Summary: Xander becomes the unwilling pet of a very rich and powerful man. But, time changes all things.

Note: This one is for Big Bucks, be careful what you ask for. You might get it. Response to her smut with a plot challenge.

Archive: why not? it's not like you know where I live.( Yes to WWOMB, all others ask.)

 

PROOF OF OWNERSHIP

By D'Nalia

 

New York, Head office of Zoltan Industries

Antony DiBlasi ran his hands through his short dark hair, resisting the urge to scream in frustration.

At thirty-eight, he was the youngest man to ever become CEO of Zoltan Industries. Now, less than two years later, Zoltan's stock had gone through the roof and he was one of the wealthiest men in the world. Not to mention one of the most powerful.

He met regularly with heads of state, military leaders and politicians. The Who's Who of America's elite practically begged him to sleep with their daughters or their sons. His policy of 'Equal Opportunity' was well known.

So why in the hell was one tiny sub-division of his empire giving him such a headache? His best troubleshooters hadn't been able to find the problem, let alone fix it. And now it was spreading, like some opportunistic disease.

Every division that had the slightest contact with the Sunnydale branch office was showing identical symptoms. Shipments disappearing, systems crashing, employees going missing. If it could go wrong, in Sunnydale it did. It was time to handle this himself.

He buzzed his secretary, irritation making his usually smooth voice harsh. "Carol, have them get the plane ready. I want to leave for California first thing in the morning. And get me a driver. I want to be in Sunnydale as soon as possible."

"Yes Sir, Mr. DiBlasi."

Antony let out a small sound of satisfaction, at least something was going right around here.

He poured himself a drink and went to stand in front of the floor to ceiling windows that made up one wall of his office. He stared out over the New York skyline, lost in thought until the annoying buzz of the intercom on his desk broke the silence he'd been enjoying.

"Yes, Carol. What is it?" He asked wearily.

"Sir, Sheik Ahkbar and his assistant just arrived. They were wondering if you had a few moments."

"Show them in please." Things were looking up, Ben and Hamid were always good for a laugh.

He met them at the door, hand out stretched in welcome. "Ben-ashir, Hamid, what a surprise. What brings you to New York?"

Ben-ashir clasped his friend's hand between both of his own, "A celebration of sorts. We were hoping you would join us for dinner at our hotel."

Antony shook his head regretfully, Ben always threw one hell of a party, "Sorry Ben. I've been having problems with one of our branch offices, I'll be leaving for California first thing. I know how your parties go, I'd never get to the airport on time."

Ben looked his friend over carefully, noticing the signs of stress and fatigue. "No my friend, just the three of us having a quiet dinner. You do not look well, some good food and relaxing amongst friends will do you a world of good."

Antony laughed, "You never could take no for an answer. All right, I'll come. But just dinner mind you. I want to get 'some' sleep before take off." He grabbed his suit coat and rang his secretary, "Carol, have my driver bring the car around, I'm leaving for the day. And go home Carol, that husband of yours will kill me if you stay much longer."

"Yes Sir. Are there any instructions during your absence?"

"I'll call from the plane Carol. Have a good night."

"Thank you Sir."

Antony turned to his friends, "Well gentlemen, shall we?"

----------------

Sunnydale, CA. that same evening:

Frank Harris sent his personal secretary out for coffee and leaned back in his leather chair. A mere six months ago he'd been unemployed, broke and drinking rot gut. Now he was head of the Sunnydale branch of Zoltan Industries, drove a BMW and drank private label scotch from cut crystal tumblers. All courtesy of Wolfram and Hart.

He didn't know why the law firm had such a hard-on for that queer DiBlasi, and he didn't care. He just did what he was told and racked in the perks.

He grinned when his secretary came back with his coffee, and here was one of those perks now. What was her name again? Bambi? Candy? It didn't really matter, what mattered was how well she was trained to take care of her boss.

He pulled her to her knees by her hair and smirked when she immediately opened his pants and swallowed his cock whole. He used the grip he had in her hair to force her head down farther and faster. "You're a good little whore aren't you? I'll remember this when employee reviews come out."

Yes, life was good, and 'nothing' was going to ruin this for him. Nothing.

-----------------

Plaza Hotel, New York City

Antony and Ben shared a cynical look when the maitre'd made a total ass of himself while trying to impress them. Hamid merely shook his head, he was quite accustomed to people's reactions to the older men.

They had a quiet dinner, talking about mutual acquaintances and laughing over the recent crop of rumors that people spread about them. Antony summed it up the best, "If I spent as much time in bed as people say I do, I'd have to declare bankruptcy." Ben had to slap Hamid on the back when he choked on his wine, the idea that Antony DiBlasi would ever let his company go for 'sex' was ludicrous.

Once Hamid could breath again, he smiled at Antony's wicked grin, "If you will both excuse me, it has been a long day. I believe I will seek my bed now. Antony, it was nice to see you again, maybe we'll run into each other before we head home." Ben and Antony said goodnight and watched as the handsome young man headed out of the restaurant.

"So, Ben, how long have you two been together?"

Ben looked startled for a moment and then laughed heartily. "I should have known you could see through our charade. Tomorrow is an anniversary for us, ten years since Hamid became mine."

"Ten years? Hamid's what? Twenty five? Wasn't he a little young to be playing house with you?"

Ben regarded his friend seriously, wondering how much to tell him. "Antony, in my country, things are very different. For which I thank Allah every day. And we have never 'played house'." Ben once again looked over his friend, maybe the truth would help Antony make some decisions that would ease his burden. "Come Antony, let us take a drive in your beautiful limousine and I will tell you a story."

Ben signed the check for their meal and the two men left the restaurant. Once in the car Ben told Antony how he and Hamid came to be together.

"You do know I am married?"

Antony nodded, "Of course, I've never met your wife, but I have heard you speak of her. Does she know about...?"

"No, nor would she care to. My wife is a beautiful woman, and a blessing to my name and my house. But there is much I cannot share with her about my life outside of our home. Our children worry only about money, clothes and who they will spend time with. After I am gone, my son will rule, that is the law, but my business, that will go to Hamid."

Antony offered his friend a drink, totally fascinated by the tale his friend weaving.

Ben settled back in his seat and remembered the day he had seen Hamid for the first time.

"I was in Cairo, I don't really remember why. In the market, I saw a young boy picking the pockets of tourists. He was quite good at it, but not good enough. He made the mistake of trying to steal my money. Stealing from foolish tourists is one thing, stealing from a ruler of another country means death. I convinced the local constable that I would deal with the child."

Ben laughed in remembrance of their first turbulent days together. "He was a wild thing. No education and without a civilized tongue in his head, but under the filth, he was beautiful. I debated with myself for days over what to do with him. The plan I devised served more than one purpose."

Ben finished his drink, and allowed Antony to fix him another before he continued. "A man hopes that his son will follow in his steps, but that seldom comes about. In Hamid, I had an opportunity. Not only for a beautiful lover, but for a protege. Someone I could educate and train to run my business the way I wanted it done. It took months to civilize him and tame him to my hand. But the effort has been more than repaid. Now I have a willing, skillful lover, who loves me and no other, as well as an heir to my empire. He is the one person I trust completely, and is my companion in all things. My life, and hopefully his, has been the better for knowing each other."

Antony was fascinated, "How did you...?"

"Train him?" Ben asked. "With time and patience. The rewards for good behavior were very generous, the punishments were something to be avoided at all costs."

Ben saw the look on Antony's face and laughed. "I never beat him, if that's what you are thinking. I wanted to mold him, not break his spirit. But all young men have one thing in common; lust. I used that to my advantage. I took him to the edge, and kept him there. For days on end. I denied him release until he submitted to me willingly. His control now is phenomenal. In bed as well as in the office."

Ben smirked at the heated flush on his friend's handsome face, the story had obviously gotten to the younger man. "You, Antony, I think would benefit from such a companion. Those lovely young things you spend your time with are no doubt pleasurable, but meaningless. Think about it my friend, I'm sure Hamid would be happy to answer any other questions you might have. But I assure you, he is quite happy with the way things are. And now, I believe it is time for me to return to my hotel. There is a lovely young man no doubt waiting eagerly for my return."

Antony told the driver to return to the hotel. He and Ben where spoke little on the way back, each man so lost in his own thoughts that their arrival came as almost a surprise.

"Antony, think about what I said. You would be a much happier man if you were not so alone. Goodnight, my friend."

"Goodnight Ben. And Ben, congratulations." Ben nodded and hurried into the hotel, eager to see his lover, while Antony made his way back to his empty house.

----------------

Manhattan

Antony laid sprawled across his king sized bed, staring up at the ceiling. He was tired, but his conversation with Ben-ashir kept running through his head. He'd had lovers, hell, he'd even been married once. He winced when he thought about what a disaster 'that' had been.

Gloria had been beautiful, educated, wealthy and moved in all the right circles, but she'd also been a frigid, malicious bitch. Their so-called marriage hadn't lasted long, but it had been too long for Antony. Even their divorce proceedings had been more reminiscent of guerilla warfare than a legal procedure. Thank God for prenuptual agreements, she'd tried her damnedest to take everything he had. Six years later and people still went out of their way to make sure the two of them were never in the same place at once.

As for lovers, there had been Randy. Tall, tan, graceful and hell in bed. But he'd whined incessantly. Antony snorted, "Antony, you never spend enough time with me. Antony, I want to go out. Antony, I want to go shopping. Antony, Antony, Antony. Oh, and let's not forget about Staci, the psycho bitch from hell." That debacle had been enough to put him off women for a loooonnnnggg time.

He'd broken off with her after he'd found her giving one of the night janitors a blowjob. In the hallway outside of his office no less.

She then proceeded to trash his car, his limousine, spray paint obscene grafitti on the front of his office building and tried to set his house on fire. The newspaper had a field day with that one. Her family finally had to have her placed in a 'care facility' for her health. If there was ever a person who deserved to be committed, Staci was it.

He couldn't think of one person he'd ever been involved with that he'd actually trusted. Not like Ben trusted Hamid. Ten years, his longest relationship had lasted less than ten months.

He admitted it, he was jealous of everything the two men had together. He laughed in the darkness, "Ben took that old saying 'Get 'em young and bring 'em up right' a little too seriously." He rolled over, punching a pillow into submission, "Forget about it DiBlasi. It'll never happen for you. Worry about fixing the Sunnydale office, that's what's important."

He finally drifted off to sleep, only to dream of a handsome young man with smiling eyes, who loved only him.

---------------

Sunnydale, CA Zoltan Industries

Frank Harris was leaving his office for the day when his visitor arrived. "Mr. Harris, we need to talk."

He sat back down and regarded the young man from Wolfram and Hart. "Mr. McDonald, what can I do for you today?" He asked genially, waving at a empty chair.

McDonald took the chair, but refused the offer of a drink. "Mr. DiBlasi will be here tomorrow to take control of the situation."

Harris felt his blood freeze, he was a dead man. The young lawyer immediately reassured him. "Not to worry, Mr. Harris. We've been expecting this and have a plan. It all depends on you. How much are you willing to give to keep your new found wealth?"

Harris swallowed, thinking about the money, the power and his oh, so talented secretary. He voice was rough when he spoke, "Anything. Anything you want, it's yours."

McDonald smiled in approval, "We were hoping you'd say that. But it's not what we want, it's what DiBlasi wants."

"Besides my balls you mean?"

"Now, now, Mr. Harris, there's no need to be crude. Never tell DiBlasi about our involvement and we guarantee you'll keep your anatomy intact. Just do what we tell you and everything will be fine."

"All right, I'll do what you say. You haven't led me wrong yet. What do you want me to do?"

"When DiBlasi confronts you, offer to make a deal. You keep your position here, all of the problems go away and DiBlasi gets what he wants."

"I don't get it. What do I have that DiBlasi could possibly want?"

The smile on McDonald's face was calm, cool and slightly terrifying, "Simple. We want you to offer him your son."

PART 2

Xander snuck up the stairs, he was supposed to meet the rest of the Scooby Gang at Giles' apartment and didn't want to have to explain to his parents where he was going so late. He paid rent, but they still treated him like he was a kid, when they noticed him at all. Things had been a lot better since his father had gotten the job at Zoltan, but they had a long way to go to get past dysfunctional.

He heard voices coming from the living room, 'Great, they're fighting again.' He stopped to listen when he heard his name.

"You can't just 'give' him away! Are you crazy?"

"Do you want to lose everything? He'll be here tomorrow, and if I don't make a deal with him I'll be in prison and you'll be living on the streets. Is that what you want?"

"No. But why does he want Xander?"

"Jesus you're stupid. He doesn't even know about Xander. That lawyer guy from Wolfram and Hart told me to offer him Xander. He gets a new toy, I get to keep my job and everybody's happy."

"What about Xander?"

"Listen, he behaves himself and does whatever he's told. Who knows, he might like it. He's not exactly a hit with the ladies now is he? Is last girlfriend dumped him what? Three months ago and he hasn't had a date since."

"What will we tell people?"

"People disappear here everyday. Nobody will suspect a thing. Besides, he's over eighteen, it's past time he was out of here anyway."

Xander's mouth hung open in shock. He knew he wasn't exactly on top of his parent's Christmas list, but to give him to some guy? 'Giles, I've got to get Giles. He'll help.'

Xander made it up the stairs and headed for the backdoor. He tore down the street and ran to Giles' apartment as fast as he could.

---------------

"Frank, maybe we should talk to Xander, try to make him understand. We don't want him to tell people we gave him away."

Frank waved a piece of paper under her nose. "The lawyer took care of that too. No one will believe a thing he says. Where is the kid anyway?"

"In his room."

"I'll go check on him, why don't you have 'another' drink."

He headed for the basement, not bothering to knock before opening the door. 'Shit. Where's he at?' He ran back up the steps and out the front door. He saw his son running flat out down the street. 'Oh no you don't, you little bastard. You aren't going to ruin this for me.'

He went back into the house to get his keys, he knew where to find him.

---------------

Xander burst through the front door, startling the people inside the apartment. "Giles, you gotta help." he managed to get out between gasps for breath.

Buffy spoke first. "What is it Xander? Is a vamp after you?"

Xander staggered over to a chair and collapsed. "No. I overheard my parents, they're going to 'give' me to some guy."

Giles raised a brow at that, "What exactly do you mean, 'give' you to 'some guy'?"

Xander rolled his eyes, "Just what I said. You gotta hide me, if they find me, I'm toast.

Giles polished his glasses, something he always did to give him time to think. "Xander, you're over eighteen. Even if your parents wanted to give you away, they can't. I'm sure you misunderstood."

"No I didn't. I heard them. My dad is in some kind of trouble and he's going to use me to get out of it."

"I really think you're over reacting Xander." Giles patted him on the shoulder, "If they do try something, please feel free to call me."

"That's not a whole lotta help there G-Man."

Spike, who'd been listening to the whole conversation smirked and moved to sit next to the panting young man. "So, Harris. What exactly did they say they were giving you to him for? Are you going to be some kind of 'Love Slave'?"

Everyone cracked up at that and Xander felt an embarrassed flush cover his cheeks. "That's not funny guys."

Willow wiped the tears from her cheeks, "Sorry Xan, but I can't picture you as anyone's 'Love Slave'." That just made everyone laugh harder.

Xander stood up abruptly, knocking his chair over in the process. "Thanks a lot. It's nice to know my 'friends' care." He almost ran for the door, ignoring Spike's "Oy, 'Love Slave', where are you going?"

Xander slammed out of the door, trying to block the sound of his friend's hysterical laughter from his ears, and ran right into his father.

"I've been looking for you boy. We need to have a little 'talk'."

----------------

Tara sat quietly, not joining in the laughter. Willow finally noticed her girlfriend's serious expression and tried to calm down. "Tara, what's wrong?"

"I thought Xander was your friend."

Willow nodded, still gulping for air. "He is, but sometimes he tells stories to get attention."

"I don't think he was telling stories, he seemed pretty serious to me."V

Willow hugged her, "You're so sweet, but you don't know him very well."

Spike wiped tears of mirth from his face, "The silly git was scared to death. I could smell it on him before he ever came through the door."

Tara shrugged Willow's hold off, and looked at the others, still laughing but starting to wind down, realizing something was wrong. "And you didn't think he was serious Spike?"

"Who cares? Besides, you can't just 'give' someone away, not like the good old days. Now there's laws and what not."

Giles put a comforting arm around Tara's shoulder, "It's hard to believe, but Spike is correct. Xander is over the age of majority in this country. And there are laws. Even if his parents did decide to get rid of him, which I find doubtful, there are numerous authorities that would step in to stop it."

Willow snuggled up to Tara's back, wrapping both arms around her waist. "See, there's nothing to worry about. Xander will be back tomorrow. He's just upset right now. He doesn't like to be laughed at. But it was funny. Xander has been my friend since we were little, but I can't imagine anyone wanting him as a 'Love Slave'."

Tara stepped away from Giles and from Willow's embrace. "If this is how you treat your 'friends', I want no part of you."

She stood and headed after Xander, maybe it wasn't too late to talk to him. Willow jumped up after her and grabbed her by the arm, "Tara, what do you mean?"

"If I have to explain it to you, then you'll never understand. Goodbye Willow."

Everyone fell silent, this wasn't funny anymore. "I'm sorry Tara. We didn't mean anything by it."

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to." She pulled Willow's hand off of her arm and looked at the rest of Xander's so called friends, her contempt for them plain to see. "I hope for your sakes he's wrong. I really do." She turned and left, never looking back.

Once she'd made it out of the apartment complex, she immediately looked for Xander. There was no sign of him in either direction so she headed in the direction opposite of his house, that was the last place he'd go.

---------------

Harris household

Frank Harris dragged his son from the car and down into the basement. He shoved him down on the bed and stood over him. "Listen up kid. My boss is coming here tomorrow, you are going to be 'nice' to the man and do whatever he says. Do you understand me?"

Xander wiped the blood off of the cut in his lip he'd gotten when his father shoved him into the car. "I'm nineteen, you can't tell me what to do. I'm so out of here." Harris knocked Xander back down when he tried to rise from the bed.

Calmy and methodically, Harris pulled his belt free from his pants, wrapping the loose end around his fist while letting the ornate silver buckle hang free. "You aren't going anywhere."

------------

Antony stared out the window of his limousine, he hadn't had much sleep the night before, and what sleep he did get had been full of dreams of a boy with chocolate brown eyes and smooth skin the color of cream.

He'd had dreams before that had come true, if this was one of them he would die a happy man. Even thinking about what they had done to each other in some of those dreams was enough to get him hard. But the one thing that really lingered had been the feelings. Happiness, love, trust, everything he'd ever wanted, and never had. He even had a name to go with the face, 'Xander'. He shuddered and forced his mind back to business. Mr. Harris had some explaining to do.

It had taken him less than an hour to realize that the new head of the Sunnydale branch was responsible for the problems he'd been having. If he could only figure out how he was doing it. There was no paper trail, and none of the other employees knew anything. Or so they claimed, Harris' secretary made him wonder, but there was nothing he could prove.

And to top it all off, Harris hadn't been in the office today. So now Antony had to go to him. There was going to be hell to pay when he finally got his hands on the bastard.

His random thoughts of torture where interrupted by their arrival at a rather shabby two story house. The new BMW in the drive with the tags 'Harris 1' confirmed the address.

The limo barely had a chance to stop before he was out of the car and heading for the front door. He pounded on it, and waited impatiently. He was about to knock again when the door opened.

And there was the boy from his dreams. Antony just stood there, his mouth open, fist still in the air. The same dark eyes and lean build. Antony lowered his hand and shook the images of that body from his mind. "I'm Antony DiBlasi. I'm looking for Frank Harris."

"Yeah. He's here. Come in."

Antony followed the boy down the hall, trying desperately to keep his eyes off the firm ass barely hinted at by baggy jeans.

"Dad, your boss is here."

A middle aged man, who born little resemblence to his son, hurried across the floor. "Mr. DiBlasi, it's a pleasure to meet you sir. Xander, go get us some coffee."

That cinched it, it was definitely the same boy. Now, all he had to do was get him. Easier said than done. Especially since he'd come here to rake the boy's father over the coals and then fire him. 'Stay calm Antony. You can't blow this. You'll regret it forever if you do.'

"Mr. Harris, it has come to my attention that there have been some serious problems with the Sunnydale branch. I'd 'really' appreciate it if you could tell me just what is going on here."

The other man paled and began to sweat. "Well, you see, it's like this."

Whatever else he was going to say was interrupted by Xander's arrival with the coffee. Antony noticed he was moving stiffly, as if he were in pain, and wondered at the cause.

Harris waited until Xander had left the room to continue. He'd noticed DiBlasi giving Xander the eye. McDonald was right, this was going to work.

"I know there's a problem, and I think I can fix it. I realize things got out of hand, but we've been having some problems with our son and I've been distracted. It won't happen again."

"What sort of problems? He seems like a nice kid."

'Gotcha.' Harris thought. "He's been running with a bad crowd. Staying out til all hours, and causing trouble. We've tried everything, but he won't listen. He'll end up in jail or worse if it keeps going." Harris shook his head sadly, "We didn't want to do it, but we went to a judge and had all of his rights as an adult severed. Now we're looking for a place with people who can help him."

Antony felt all his dreams fading away, "Surely there's another way."

"Well, the judge did say if we could find someone who would be willing to accept complete responsibility and control over him we could go that route. But I don't know who to ask." He took a small sip of his coffee, "I don't suppose..., no forget it. That's too much to ask."

"No please, what were you going to say?"

"Well, you're a powerful man, someone he could look up to, use as a role model. If you were to take him on, maybe he would straighten out."

Antony's heart was pounding in his chest, but he managed to appear calm, "Would I have complete control over him?"

Harris repeated McDonald's words verbatim, "Oh yes. The judge thinks it would be better if we were to stay away from him after we got him placed. Give him time before we tried to rebuild a relationship with him. He said in his experience that was the best way to handle these things."

"I see. Well, Mr. Harris, if you can guarantee the problem with your branch will be straightened out, and quickly. I'll take on your problem child for you."

Harris actually felt tears well up, this was perfect. "Oh thank you Mr. DiBlasi. Thank you so much. I can absolutely guarantee things will be great from now on. Let me go get the paperwork, and I'll sign over control to you right now."

Harris grabbed the papers McDonald had given him from his desk. He quickly signed his name and handed them to DiBlasi. He watched gleefully as the man signed what would ultimately be his downfall. "This is such a relief, I just can't tell you how much this means to us. My poor wife has been so upset she's had to be sedated."

Antony felt a momentary chill of apprehension, but the memories of his dreams chased it away. He signed the dotted line with a flourish and handed them back. "I hope this helps ease her mind." He stood suddenly, eager to get Xander and get out of this house. "Now that that has been taken care of, I believe we should go."

"Of course, let me get Xander and have him pack his things. It'll only take a moment."

Antony thought about the way the boy had been dressed, that just wouldn't do. "I'll see to his needs Mr. Harris. Just have him grab any personal items."

"Certainly Mr. DiBlasi. Xander, come here please."

Xander appeared at the door, he'd obviously been listening to everything that had been said. "I heard." He looked at Antony, resignation in his eyes. "There's nothing here I need. We can go whenever."

Antony smiled at the boy, he knew this wouldn't be easy, but he'd make it work. He had to. "My car is out front. I'll be there in a minute." Xander nodded and without looking at his father, walked out of the house he'd lived in his whole life for the last time.

PART THREE

Xander stood beside the stretched black limousine, unable to force himself to climb inside. 'This is insane, they can't make me do this.' He was ready to run when he realized he had no where to go. He had no money, his father had made him call and quit his job first thing this morning, and his friends had been no help at all. His face burned when he remembered how they'd laughed at him when he'd asked for help.

He jumped when his new 'owner' put a hand on his shoulder, white hot pain flared down his back at the abrupt movement. He bit his lip to hold back a scream, and climbed through the door that was opened for him. 'Maybe I'll get lucky and we'll be in a head-on collision. Being dead has got to be better than this.'

Antony climbed into the limo and told the driver to head back to L.A. He knew Xander was upset, that was to be expected, but he had no idea how to reassure him. Both men were so wrapped up in their own thoughts they didn't see the two girls until they knocked on the window.

---------------

Buffy and Willow turned the corner on Xander's block in time to see him get into a limo with an older man. They ran towards the car, determined to find out just what was going on.

Buffy knocked on the window and waited impatiently for it to roll down. The older man looked up at her, "Can I help you?"

"We want to talk to Xander." Willow said hesitently.

Antony turned to look at the silent boy, "Friends of yours?"

Xander turned dead eyes towards the window, and then back to Antony. "I don't have any friends." he said in a monotone.

Antony was troubled, but now was not the time. "Driver, move on." He hit the switch for the window, leaving the girls standing in the street.

---------------

Frank Harris waited until the limousine was out of sight before he made the call. The phone was answered on the first ring.

"DiBlasi fell for it. They just left."

"Good, good. Does the boy know what to do?"

"Yeah, he knows. I made sure of it."

"We can't afford any mistakes Mr. Harris."

"There won't be any. The kid knows what will happen to him if he screws this up."

---------------

Willow watched as the limousine carrying her friend faded from sight. She grabbed Buffy's arm, "Oh my God, he was telling the truth. What are we going to do?"

"I don't know Will, but he went willingly. I don't think there's anything we can do."

"Buffy, we have to help. We can't just let him go. We have to tell Giles, maybe he can do something."

"Maybe, but I wouldn't hold my breath."

---------------

Giles was pacing in his living room, still very disturbed by the events of the previous evening. He was on the verge of calling Xander when Buffy and Willow burst through his front door.

"Giles, Xander was telling the truth. We saw him!" Willow blurted out.

"Calm down, now tell me, what exactly did you see?"

Buffy pushed Willow into a chair and told her Watcher what had happened. "We went to his house to apologize for laughing at him, and saw him get into a limo with an older guy. We stopped them to talk, but Xander said he didn't know us."

"That's not exactly what happened Buffy. The other guy asked Xander if we were friends of his and he said he didn't have any friends. Giles, he looked dead inside. What are we going to do?"

"I'll go and speak with his parents, this may not be what it appears."

Buffy pulled Giles into the kitchen, "Giles, he went willingly. It's icky, but it's his choice."

"Buffy, please try to withhold judgement until we know exactly what's going on. Now, I want you and Willow to wait here. Call everyone together. If Xander has been taken against his will, we'll need to come up with a plan."

Giles drove to Xander's house and waited impatiently for someone to answer the door. A woman he assumed to be Xander's mother finally answered. "Mrs. Harris? I'd like to speak with you about Xander."

She swayed drunkenly, and drained the glass in her hand. "Too late. He's already gone."

"Yes Mrs. Harris, I understand that. But where did he go?" Giles asked patiently.

"With that guy, the one we sold him to."

"Sold him to?!" Giles couldn't believe this was happening. If only he'd listened.

"Well, traded." she slurred. "Kid was always a pain in the ass anyway."

Giles shook her, trying to get her to make sense. "You can't trade a person, that's illegal."

"S'not. We had a letter from a judge and everything. Said we could do whatever we wanted with him. Not our problem now." She burped and tried to close the door, but Giles stuck his foot in the way.

"Who, Mrs. Harris. Who did you give him to?"

She shrugged, "Some rich guy, likes boys, if you know what I mean. Who cares?" She pushed Giles out of the way and shut the door in his face.

"Dear Lord, Xander. What have we done?"

--------------

Antony ushered Xander into his home in Malibu. The boy jerked away from his hand once again and Antony sighed in exasperation, this had gone on long enough. "Okay Xander, strip."

He barely managed to get his arms around the boy before he collapsed. He sat him on the sofa and ran to the kitchen to get him a glass of water.

Xander's hands were shaking too bad to hold it himself so Antony did it for him. A little color had come back into his pasty white cheeks by the time the glass was finished. Antony sat the glass on the table, "Better now?"

Xander stayed silent but managed to nod his head. "Good." Antony fell back into the sofa and laid his arm over his eyes for a moment, praying for strength. Once he'd calmed a little he dropped the arm and regarded the figure perched so stiffly beside him. "Jesus Xander. I'm not going to rape you. What kind of man do you think I am?"

There was no emotion in his voice, none at all, "The kind of man who would buy someone who didn't want to be sold."

Antony flinched, "I guess I deserved that. I just needed to see how badly you're hurt."

Xander whipped stunned eyes in his direction, looking directly at the older man for the first time since they'd left Sunnydale. Antony raised one brow in inquiry, "Did you think I didn't notice? Xander, I'm not blind, nor am I stupid. I know your father is setting me up for something. I just don't know for what, yet. And I'm guessing from the way you're moving and how you flinch away from the slightest touch that you've been beaten. Fairly badly I'd say."

Xander managed a tiny shrug, "I wasn't too thrived with the idea of being sold." The smile that twisted his lips was far too bitter for such a young man. "He wanted me to see the error of my ways."

Antony stood and reached down for Xander's arm, carefully helping him to his feet. "Come on, let's see what the damage is."

Antony led him into the bathroom and turned on the shower before sitting Xander on the edge of the tub to remove his sneakers and socks. He looked into the pale face and decided to leave the jeans in place.

Antony removed his suit jacket, shirt and tie, lying them on the vanity. After checking the water temperature one last time, he helped Xander into the tub.

"Fuck." The water pooling around Xander's feet was turning red, the damage must be worse than he'd thought.

"Xander, I need to get your shirt off. I'll be as gentle as I can."

Xander was panting now, holding back whimpers of pain, "Do it."

Antony got a good grip on the back of the shirt and ripped it up the middle. Xander slid to his knees with a moan of pain when the warm water hit his bare skin. Antony quickly shut off the water and grabbed a towel. He wrapped both hands around the boy's arms and hauled him to his feet, wrapping the towel around him lightly.

He half carried him into the bedroom and laid him out on the bed, unmindful of the damage the water and blood was doing to the pristine white linens.

Antony saw red when he got his first good look at Xander's back. It was a mass of bloody welts and odd shaped bruises.

"Xander, I need to call a doctor."

"No, you can't. They'll report it. I don't want to have to explain."

Antony kneeled by the edge of the bed so he could see Xander's face. One shaking hand brushed the hair from his sweaty forehead. "I know someone, he's very discrete. He won't say anything to anybody. Just relax okay? No one will ask any questions."

Xander closed his eyes, and slowly nodded his consent. "Good. Try to rest." Antony grabbed the phone on the bedside table and dialed a number from memory. "David? Antony DiBlasi, I need a favor."

---------------

Antony paced in the living room, impatiently waiting for his friend to arrive. He practically ripped the door off the hinges at the first knock. He was explaining the situation at the same time he was dragging David down the hall to the bedroom.

David allowed himself to be led, bemused at his friend's actions. Antony was known for being cool and in control at all times. No matter what. This Antony was practically babbling. All amusement fled however, when he got his first look at his patient.

The boy was laid out on the bed, watery trails of blood running down his sides to soak into the mattress beneath. David immediately went to work.

----------------

Antony was knocking back a scotch when David joined him in the den an hour after he'd arrived. Antony handed him a glass and the two men sat silently for a moment. Antony finally broke the silence.

"How is he?"

David sighed and a ran a hand through his hair. "I gave him a shot, he's sleeping now. He'll be out for several hours at least. I don't think there's any permanent damage, but there may be some minor scaring in places. Those bruises are deep, it'll be a couple of weeks before they heal. I left some antibiotic ointment and a prescribtion for pain killers. He's going to need them."

David finished his drink before asking the question that had been running through his brain. "So; do you need help hiding the body?"

Antony broke into startled laughter, "Not yet, but I'll keep you in mind." A hard look crossed his face, "There will be hell to pay. Trust me on that."

part four soon