THE BEASTMASTER CHARACTER AND EPISODE GUIDE
Dar played by Daniel Goddard

He is the Beastmaster, a man with the instincts and cunning of a wild animal, and the emotions and soul of a man. After the Terrons destroyed his tribe, he was given sacred powers by Curupira, divine demon guardian of the wild beasts. Dar endured days of torturous trials before gaining the ability to communicate with animals and becoming a link between them and humans.
Dar is a master fighter who has learned his techniques through the careful observation of all animal movement. He can approximate the attacks or defenses of eagles, tigers, cobras and numerous other animals. Imbued with a deep reverence for life, he uses these powers only when necessary, and prefers fighting with a blunt club that cannot kill; he will kill only when he must.
Indeed, it is Dar’s natural intelligence that serves as his greatest weapon. Both fearsome and noble, Dar will travel through his world, searching for an ever-elusive Terron camp that imprisons his true love, Kyra.


Tao played by Jackson Raine

Dar’s companion from the moment they meet when Dar saves Tao from the Terrons and certain death. Tao has none of Dar’s grace, physical agility, or practical knowledge of the animal kingdom. Instead, he has an inquisitive, deductive, and educated mind. Born into a tribe of intellectuals, Tao has been sent by his people out to wander the world, educating the people he encounters. His ability to reason, deduce rational solutions to problems, and use his learning compliments Dar’s natural intuition and animal instincts.
Tao believes in the natural process of things, and finds the dark world of the "supernatural" both unnatural and abhorrent. Throughout his travels with Dar, as they save each other and search for Kyra, Tao will provide a running commentary on his beliefs, theorizing, concluding, and proffering critical assessments mixed with humor and wit.


The Ancient One played by Grahame Bond

The ultimate sorcerer and a Supreme Being in the mysterious world of magic and the supernatural sciences. The Ancient One existed before there were animals or human beings. In fact, he resembles something wholly original, part bone and skin, part flowing ameba-like substance, with bits of elements and animal parts thrown in. He is a jig-saw puzzle of life.
The Ancient One’s powers are unsurpassed. He can destroy, create, and turn the world upside down for his purposes. He can cast spells that strip away emotions, memories, and desires, or twist time. He is more powerful than even the Sorceress, and as her teacher empowers and imprisons her. But he is also the link to a cosmos larger and more mysterious than even he, and is destined to confront the consequences of his actions.


King Zad played by Steven Grives

Having conquered his world through treachery and bloodshed, force and greed, Zad has established himself as the devil incarnate and literal face of evil wherever the Terrons have visited. He has led the plunder of the Terrons for decades under one commandment: "Thou shalt have no other kings or gods except Zad." Now, in the twilight of his career, he is enjoying the fruit of his labor. This includes Kyra, his prisoner and concubine. She is the beauty to his beast, sparking a buried humanity deep in his hardened soul.
Usually Zad is completely of the moment -- whether that moment be life or death, victory or defeat, love or hate. Only the strange aura of Kyra sends him into contemplation. Not having long to live he has convinced himself that the world will be a little less without him.


The Terron Leader

Merciless. Deadly. Larger than life. A silent, cold and ethereal presence. The Leader does not deign to offer words to those not equal. And as far as he’s concerned, that means everyone except Zad. It is assumed (but only among those who are brave enough to have such thoughts) that the leader will someday replace King Zad. It is a thought the Leader cherishes while he bides his time. He waits for opportunity and proves his fearsome presence.
In the Leader’s world, there is no good or evil. No mercy or justice. No pleasure other than the quixotic moment of victory. In many ways he is stronger than Zad. And other than the bothersome problem of mortality, the Terron Leader is without an Achilles heel

<
Curupira (The Demon) played by Emilie de Ravin

Curupira is the guardian spirit of all game animals, a spirit-demon that freely permits the killing of animals and the use of their bodies for food, shelter and medicines. But it severely punishes those who would abuse the privileges it grants. In human form, Curupira is an adolescent, charming and innocent, almost angelic. The spirit is distinguishable in only two ways: first, its feet are backwards, causing Curupira to walk in an odd, slightly gawky exaggerated way. Also, Curupira doesn’t act like a teenager; in many ways, Curupira is the most mature creature one can encounter.
Curupira is distinguished by many characteristics from the animal world. Mischievous, like a coyote but dependent on others, like a raven. Playful, like a dolphin, but powerful like a bear. Curupira is looking to bring the mythical paradise of animal-human unity to reality. It will make Dar its disciple and take him into a parallel world to help the Beastmaster know the unity of man and beast


The Sorceress played by Monika Schnarre

The Sorceress has been studying and learning the ways of supernatural magic for ages. She lives to create, fascinated by the possibilities of new creatures, combinations of nature, and the power to turn lose mythical forces. Moral judgement plays no part in her doings: she is amoral, concerned more with what is possible than consequences. Still, the Sorceress is loosely connected with the Terrons. They regard her talents as another weapon in their armory of terror and destruction, but fear the power she has that they cannot control.
The Sorceress has learned her craft under the watchful tutelage of The Ancient One, and uses this craft to spoil Dar’s attempts to rescue Kyra. In truth, she is attracted to Dar and his ability to communicate with animals. She will go to great lengths to learn the secrets of the Beatmaster’s talents. She will turn the world upside down. And in the end, she will learn the secret of her existence and the great mystery that connects her in a strange and fantastic way to Dar


Kyra played by Natalie Mendoza

A face that echoes in the memory. Exotic. Erotic. Enchanting. Kyra is the daughter of a slain Sula warrior and a woman from another tribe. She has known Dar all her life, and was ready to pledge herself to him forever before the Terrons enslaved her and forced her into the King’s harem.
Kyra is gifted beyond her physical beauty. She is a storyteller and a keeper of memories. In a tribe with no written traditions, it was her job to preserve the knowledge and memories of the tribe’s history. She will try to use her wits when dealing with King Zad and the Sorceress, attempting to persevere until Dar comes to her rescue.

BEASTMASTER EPISODE GUIDE
SEASON ONE

"The Legend Continues"
Dar befriends inquisitive and bumbling Tao as he begins his quest to rescue his long-lost love Kyra, who has been kidnapped and enslaved by the brutal Terron warriors.

"Obsession"
Dar teams up with Akili (Keith Hamilton Cobb), a warrior banished by the Terrons, to rescue his beloved Kyra (Natalie Mendoza), unaware that Akili is also in love with her.

"The Island"
With the help of his animal friends, Dar rescues Tao from an island inhabited by the murderous Birdmen

"A Simple Truth"
After finally being reunited with Dar, Kyra is captured by the Sorceress

"Amazons"
Dar races to retrieve a rare fire lily from a valley inhabited by Amazons to save the life of a young woman (Gig Edgley)

"The Demon Curupira"
Dar and a young boy, Guariba (Dion Mihaljovsky), convince the Demon Curupira to spare the lives of Guariba’s tribe -- if the tribe agrees to show respect for the land and inhabitants of the rain forest.

"The Umpatra"
Dar must summon all of his skills to end the killing rampage of the world's greatest warrior Nokinja (Grace Jones), who is secretly backed by the magic of the evil demon Ketzwayo (Arthur Penn), Curupira's sworn enemy

"The Last Unicorn"
Dar and Tao set out to save the last Unicorns from the Terrons, who seek the magical healing properties of their horns.

"Circle of Life"
At the Black Apparition's (Alex Coleman) behest, Ketzwayo (Arthur Penn) returns from the dead with magic designed to kill Dar and the entire animal kingdom of the Mydlands

"Riddle of the Nymph"
Dar must rescue the nymph (Ada Nicodemou) who produces the water for the fountain of youth from a brutal Venatu warrior (Rodger Corser).

"Valhalla"
Aided by a mystic shaman (David Gulpilil), Dar journeys to Valhalla, the place of memories, where he comes to terms with the savage slaughter of his Sula tribe.

"The Slayer"
In a true test of his love for Kyra, Dar finds himself attracted to Zuraya (Alexandra Davies), a beautiful animal trainer cursed with loneliness by the Ancient One (Grahame Bond).

"The Minotaur"
Dar reluctantly accepts help from the Sorceress to rescue Tao from King Zad's ferocious Minotaur

"The Guardian"
Dar and Tao must stop an unholy pilgrim named Ramah (Ivar Kants), who gains possession of a liquid rock that gives him control over life and death

"The Chameleon"
Dar and Tao must protect a mystical baby from the evil King Zad, who believes the child will bring about his demise

"A Devil's Deal"
Dar meets a strange amphibious woman named Atlantia (Roxanne Wilson) who is part of an mute ancient race. He must communicate with her and then gain her help to save Tao's life.

"Tears of the Sea"
While trying to expose a young friend's killer, Dar (Daniel Goddard) learns that ancestral protectors of a tribe of divers take the form of dolphins in the sea.

"The Burning Forest"
When the Sorceress is captured by the Black Apparition (Leah Purcell), Sharak in human form enlists Dar's help to save her.

"The Golden Phoenix"
The Golden Phoenix takes the human form of Prince Garuda (Aaron Catalan) to exact revenge on Dar

"Gemini"
Dar and Tao must discover what is killing both humans and animals in the forest before they become the next victims

"Rescue"
When Dar and Tao learn that the Terrons are holding Kyra captive once again, the two set out to rescue her.

"Revelations"
Qord (Marton Csokas) vows to kill the BeastMaster and capture Kyra as his ultimate revenge against King Zad