Title: First Impressions: Special Agent Fox Mulder Spoilers: The Pilot Classification: Vignette Rated: G Disclaimer: The X-Files characters do not belong to me. We all know who they belong to. Although I know most of us fanfic writers would probably do a better job writing stories for them! **GRIN** Author: Please e-mail me at xfmns4ever@aol.com and tell me what you think! Archiving: Please! I "live" to have my stories archived! **GRIN** Just let me know first! Subject: Scully meets Mulder for the very first time. Scully POV. ****************************************************** Edgar J. Hoover Building FBI - X-Files Basement Office September 10, 1993 8:30 a.m. I enter the basement office of one "Spooky" Fox Mulder cautiously at his remark of being the FBI's most unwanted. Spooky is the nickname he picked up while at the academy. I have heard many stories about Spooky Mulder and believe me they are none too good. I look around the office taking in the disarray and disorganization surrounding me. I then take the time to extend my hand in a greeting which he firmly grasps. In exchanging pleasantries, he believes that I have been sent to spy on him. On the defensive, I tell him if he is uncomfortable with my job qualifications and credentials he should check them out, but before I can finish he interrupts me. He reads the title of my thesis. It is almost as if he takes great pleasure in taunting me, telling me that physics seem to rarely apply in **HIS** line of work. This infuriates me, but I do not let him see this part of me. Does he not realize it is now my work also? I take the time to point out to him that science is capable of answering every question posed. In my mind, science is my religion. I know I am a practicing Catholic by faith, but science has long held my interest. It is one of the reasons I decided to become a doctor. After a few moments, he actually asks for my opinion on a recent case. Being in what I call "The Big Boys Club", this surprises me about him. I ease my anger down a little further for my own benefit and answer his questions. When he asks if I believe in the existence of extraterrestrials, it takes all I can do not to smile and laugh out loud and tell him no. He goes on to argue his point well, looking like a little boy in the process. I answer him with incredulity at his theory. He is standing there looking at me with this silly grin on his face as I tell him that science explains everything. He then cracks a joke and tells me we will be leaving for "The Very Plausible State of Oregon." It is then I realize that I can't help but be entranced by his devastating smile, his wonderful sense of humor, his full generous bottom lip and his very bright Oxford-educated mind. In fact, I am suddenly smiling to myself and looking very forward to this job and working with Agent Mulder.