Carpe Noctem
A Once A Thief/Kindred: The Embraced/Vampire: The Masquerade Universe


Over the summer of 1999, Space (the equivalent of the SciFi Channel in the States) was showing the eight episodes of Kindred: The Embraced. Finally, I got to see Ivan Sergei's appearance as Zane, the out of control Toreador. It started me thinking. Around the same time, I finished Book Three of the Drowning Sorrows universe and was looking for a new OAT idea.

This is the result. I've already got plans for three books, but you have to start with the first chapter of the first book, so here we go.


Book One: San Francisco Meetings

A trip takes the gang to San Francisco where mistaken identities cause problems and a tragedy leads to a change of life for one of the team.

Formerly, this was available as individual chapters. I think enough time has passed that I will now just put it up as four seperate HTM files.

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four

As well, the entire story can be downloaded as a single text file, zipped. Just click here.


Book Two: Dancing On A Wire

Vic learns that training doesn't always cover everything and Mac meets a charismatic thief with her own agenda.

Formerly, this was available as individual chapters. I think enough time has passed that I will now just put it up as four seperate HTM files.

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four

As well, the entire story can be downloaded as a single text file, zipped. Just click here.


Book Three: Never the Twain

Mac adjusts to his new life, while a heat wave brings a series of murders to Toronto and a familiar face returns.

Chapter One. The calm before the storm.

Chapter Two. A serial killer is stalking Toronto.

Chapter Three. The investigation begins.

Chapter Four. An unexpected visitor creates complications.

Chapter Five. Mac faces some consequences and Jackie goes on the prowl.

Chapter Six. Exploding phones and a pattern emerges.

Chapter Seven. The boys attract the wrong attention and a new clue appears.

Chapter Eight. Secrets, encounters, and matters become more urgent.

Chapter Nine. Paths are converging.

Chapter Ten. A new murder brings new revelations.

Chapter Eleven. Jackie lectures on adjusting and Mac discovers that confession is good for the soul.

Chapter Twelve. Jackie is missing.

Chapter Thirteen. Mac tries to use the pendant to find Jackie, and LiAnn makes her presence known.

Chapter Fourteen. Everything starts to converge.

Chapter Fifteen. The final confrontation.

New!!
Epilogue. Deep breath, it's over.

There are now *two* all-Once A Thief zines! Beautiful package, great art and fantastic stories!

OaTzine


Return to the Main Page.

I live for feedback! Please e-mail me at: lburwell@kingston.net.