WINDOWS AND WALLS: Part 14

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Daniel Jackson had lost consciousness again following his revelation that the Stargate they had entered this world through was somehow here in this temple, a week's journey away. Carter theorized that Daniel Jackson had probably been privy to many of Nirrti's thoughts, beyond those that the evil Goa'uld had purposely inflicted upon him.

Teal'c felt a familiar surge of protectiveness for his young friend. Having touched Daniel Jackson's thoughts, Teal'c knew that the young man whom he had always held in high regard was more than his equal, if not in strength, then in determination. Teal'c realized it was something he had always known.

O'Neill was thinking, trying to formulate a plan based on this new information. O'Neill's glance at Daniel Jackson, lying pale and boneless in Teal'c arms, spoke volumes of his desire to get the ill young man away from Nirrti's influence...as far and as fast as possible.

Teal'c could still feel something of the bond between them, although the feeling seemed to be fading over time. It had touched a place in him that he had thought lost long ago. He had known many associations among Apophis' Jaffa, but nothing like the closeness he shared with these particular Tau'ri. This...unity, the sensation of belonging to something that as a whole was far greater than the sum of its parts, was something new to Teal'c. Individually they each possessed exceptional abilities and talents, but together they were a team in every sense of the word that Teal'c understood...and a force to be reckoned with.

O'Neill came to a decision. "Let's find a place to get him under cover. Teal'c and I will take care of Nirrti and the rest of her Jaffa." O'Neill looked regretfully at Daniel Jackson. "Carter...I hate to do it, but you'll have to wake him up, find out what he knows about the 'gate."

Teal'c could hear the anger in O'Neill's voice; anger at the necessity of once more asking Daniel Jackson to go beyond the limits of his endurance, asking him to do the impossible...knowing that he would gladly do it, for their sakes if not for his own.

Teal'c took the young man into his arms again effortlessly. Daniel Jackson had been too ill for too long now and his weight was far less than it had ever been in the time that Teal'c had known him.

O'Neill reached out to pull the jacket closed over the young man's bare chest, his eyes reflecting a deep concern and unspoken rage that equaled Teal'c's own.

"Let's do it, kids."

The team moved out again quietly; O'Neill stopping at every door along the narrow corridor, visually searching every room. When they came to a rather lavish bedroom, likely Nirrti's own, O'Neill decided that Carter and Daniel Jackson would remain there. The room was large and "over-done in a Goa'uld-y kind of way", as O'Neill termed it; but it had a bed, access to water, linens for bandages and only one entry.

Teal'c lay his fragile charge gently upon the bed, covering him with a velvet blanket. The battered face looked almost lost among the opulence and Teal'c felt a surge of anger renewed ...

O'Neill called them over to the door without a backward glance and Teal'c understood all too well that O'Neill was feeling the same anger that now burned within him, looking back at Daniel Jackson would only serve to fuel the already raging fire...

O'Neill was about to admonish Carter to lock and blockade the door behind them when Teal'c caught a flash of movement near the bed...

Nirrti, ribboned hand on Daniel Jackson's forehead, smiled coldly at them...certain of her victory.

"You have fought well Tau'ri, " Nirrti sounded surprised, "but the battle is over."

Teal'c looked at O'Neill, ready to follow his commander's instincts on this.

O'Neill flashed Teal'c and Carter a look that Teal'c recognized as being far from defeat. Teal'c felt a surge of adrenaline; if O'Neill was willing to fight, he had a plan...

O'Neill smiled at Nirrti, Oh...I don't think so...."

Several things happened quickly: Daniel Jackson's eyes snapped open, both hands pushing Nirrti backwards as he threw his weakened body off the opposite side of the bed; two Jaffa burst into the room behind them, Teal'c and Carter whirling around to take them on; O'Neill launched himself across the bed towards Nirrti, who activated her ribbon device, focusing it on O'Neill.

O'Neill stiffened, caught in the grip of the mind-searing pain...

As he fought Nirrti's Jaffa, Teal'c was aware that Daniel Jackson was moving, slowly and with little coordination, but advancing on the Goddess of Darkness...

Teal'c dispatched his opponent and took possession of a staff weapon, firing upon the Jaffa that Carter was fighting. They both turned just in time to see Daniel Jackson strike Nirrti on the back of the head with one of her own ornate vases. ..

Nirrti fell to the ground heavily. Carter and Teal'c moved to help O'Neill to his feet, holding him as he shook off the effects of the ribbon device. Daniel Jackson stood, swaying unsteadily, staring intently at the remnant of the vase in his hand.

O'Neill looked questioningly at the young scientist. "Daniel? What..?"

Daniel Jackson finally looked up at them, a ghost of his usual enthusiasm in his eyes, "Jack...this was a First Kingdom original, it..."

They would never know how Daniel Jackson intended to finish the statement; even as the relief washed over them at Daniel Jackson sounding so much like Daniel Jackson, the young man dropped the shard in his hands and collapsed into Teal'c's arms.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||