WINDOWS AND WALLS: Part 10

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net

Author's Notes:  The end is in sight. *whew*



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Teal'c recognized the reckless look that came into O'Neill's eyes. Knowing that something profound had passed between the two men beside him, Teal'c could only wait and see what the usually resourceful O'Neill had planned.

Daniel Jackson was looking slightly stronger and Teal'c noticed a look of anguish pass over the young man's features.

"Jack....no...."

Whatever O''Neill had in mind, it was clear that Daniel Jackson vehemently opposed it.

O'Neill glared at the seriously ill young man, not unkindly. "Daniel, for once, would you just let us help you without arguing about it..."

Teal'c felt there was probably more to the thought by the way that Daniel Jackson was looking at O'Neill with brows furrowed and eyes reflecting a pain that was more than physical.

O'Neill got up unsteadily, motioning Teal'c and Carter away from Daniel Jackson. A futile move, in Teal'c's opinion, as it seemed that Daniel Jackson did not need to hear their voices to know what was being said.

"Look, guys....the only way out of this for Daniel is to... go through it," O'Neill hesitated a moment before continuing. It seemed to Teal'c that O'Neill was debating something within himself.

"It won't be easy...," O'Neill glanced uncomfortably at Daniel Jackson, obviously aware that Daniel Jackson knew what they were saying on one level or another. Teal'c understood the Tau'ri prepossession with personal privacy, but there was a point, he knew, where privacy ended and survival began.

"Daniel Jackson cannot survive another encounter with Nirrti," Teal'c observed, putting into words what they had all most certainly been thinking. "He has fought bravely, but he cannot continue...We cannot allow it."

Carter nodded firm agreement. "We can't let her win, Sir."

O'Neill looked at them, gratitude and something much more profound shining out of his eyes. He looked over at the pale, huddled figure of Daniel Jackson.

"We won't." O'Neill drew a deep breath, exhaling slowly. "He's gonna hate this, but I think...together...we can speed things up a little." O'Neill smiled grimly, a ghost of his usual good humor. "Hell, if two heads are better than one, four should be down right unstoppable."

Daniel's voice moaned softly, "Jack, you can't..."

The group rejoined a visibly agitated Daniel Jackson, who was trying to raise himself up. "Jack, I can't let you guys do this..."

O'Neill put a gentle hand on Daniel Jackson's shoulder. "Daniel..." O'Neill took a deep breath as he looked into Daniel Jackson's eyes. Teal'c was sure that on some level, be it mental or simply the depth of communication these two men had long seemed able to express with little more than a glance, O'Neill and Daniel Jackson were reaching an agreement.

Daniel Jackson was the first to look away, closing his eyes in resignation, "Okay, Jack..." He looked up at Teal'c and Carter, apology in his eyes.

Carter put into words what Teal'c could not. "Daniel, we want to help you. You're our friend."

Teal'c nodded once in mute agreement, letting his eyes speak what he was not able to.

Teal'c knew, as they all did, that the sometimes self-effacing young man often had difficulty understanding the value they all placed on him; not only as a member of the team, but also as a friend. Daniel Jackson, for all his great knowledge, could not fathom his own worth.

O'Neill smiled in a blatant attempt to break the somber mood. "Hell, Danny...Let's just call it group therapy."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||