UNTIL TOMORROW: Part 1

by: Dee Tervo
Feedback to: DTervo2286@aol.com



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


It was my birthday, but I wasn't about to let anyone know.  Why bother?  No one at SGC took time to celebrate holidays or personal celebrations.  The base was in a constant state of readiness as long as any team was out on a mission.  The focus was military and scientific research at all times.  A card had come from my brother.  Amazing it got through all the levels of censorship.  He had no idea how to reach me by phone, no idea how I was spending my life. I might as well be living on a  different world from him!  I tried to put such melancholy thoughts far back in my mind and focus on the day's mission.  I was to go with Daniel to P4C899, to do a follow-up scientific study after SG-3 had done the initial reconn.  It promised to be  interesting enough, and yet…

"C'mon Carter, get with the program and stop moping!"  It will be unusual just sending out two team members.  The planet was not dangerous, and the Colonel and Teal'c were busy doing weapons training with other SG teams.  Seems the Pentagon was close to duplicating the staff weapon technology.  "Well, off I go", there'll be plenty of time in the future for Sam Carter to have a personal life, I hope!

As we approached the ramp to leave, did I see Daniel and Jack exchange one of those 'we know what's going on' looks?

"What's up guys?"

"Nothin'" came Jack's casual reply "Just take care and come back in one piece, OK?"

"Sure, sir…Let's go, Daniel."

As I stepped out of the Gate, the lush tropical beauty took my breath away.  I felt my mood lifting as I wandered among the  dazzling flowers and swaying trees.  The sun was warm even though it was beginning to set.  Golden rays reflected off of a  bubbling pool of water, small animals walked about apparently unconcerned over our presence.

"Daniel, this could be the Garden of Eden!  It's so beautiful, unspoiled!"

Daniel seemed as caught up in the beauty as I was; in fact I'm not sure he heard what I said.

"Wanna name this place Eden?" he called back over his shoulder.

"What an original idea!" I shouted to him.

Guess we'll only have time to make camp this evening, then we'll explore in the first light.  I began to unpack the bedrolls and the ration kits.  After some time, Daniel returned with an armful of firewood.  It was all reflexive now, I thought.  Setting up camp, so quickly and efficiently.

Night was falling now.  I found myself sitting, facing Daniel, the flames dancing between us.

Daniel broke the silence, "Anything you want to talk about?"

"No, well, whatever you'd like" I tried not to make my voice sound too disinterested, but I really didn't have much to say.

Reaching into his pack, Daniel pulled out a small box along with something wrapped in foil.  "I'd kind of like your opinion on this."  He handed her the packages and waited expectantly.

Daniel wasn't one for surprises.  I looked questioningly at him, "Sure, Daniel…" I opened the foil revealing a small cake.  The icing was a bit smeared, but the printing read

 "Happy Birthday Dr. Capt. Carter"

Next, Daniel pulled out a single candle, placed it on the cake, lit it and turned on a tape recorder.  I could hear everyone's voices, serenading me to the much out of tune Happy Birthday song!  I found myself laughing, and the sound of my laughter seemed strange to me, as I blew out the candle.  I was so glad to be there with only Daniel as a witness - I didn't have to worry about military protocol, rank - I felt I could simply be a woman enjoying a birthday celebration provided by her good friends!  Without thinking, I moved to Daniel's side and gave him a warm hug of thanks.

He returned the hug with a soft chuckle, "I had far too many birthdays that went unnoticed by others - I know how it can feel.  Figured I'd try to do a little something for you, glad you didn't mind!"

"Mind?  No!  Not at all!  How'd you get everyone to do that without my knowing?"

"Well, you do tend to lose track of time in the lab…it really was easy!" Daniel answered.

I held up the box "A gift too?"  Daniel gestured to open it up.  I lifted the cover of the box.  Within was a simple pin, apparently made of naquada, cut into a star shape.

"We figured it was an appropriate medal kind of thing, for your uniform or something" Daniel tried to explain.

"We?"

"Yeah…well, Teal'c helped shape it and Jack insisted it be something 'not too civilian looking' - well - we all thought you'd like it" came Daniel's halting reply.

I really had no words to say, "I'll be proud to wear it!"

Quietness settled between us.  I could only guess what was on Daniel's mind, but I was thinking of past birthdays - long before the discovery of a lifetime changed my view of my life, Earth, time, history…everything - forever! I dared not guess at what the future might bring…the fire certainly was beautiful…the air warm and fragrant.  It was a good birthday after all.

I felt a small tug on my sleeve, "Cmon, let's take a walk" Daniel suggested.

The moons were beginning to rise, and the rhapsody of night birdsong filtered down through the trees.  This world's equivalent of fireflies darted about, sparkling as yellow and white diamonds.  I watched Daniel reach up and pull a banana-shaped fruit from a tree branch.  He inhaled its aroma "Mmmmm, looks and smells like the nala-we fruit on Abydos.  There's nothing like it on Earth, so sweet, enticing."  He peeled back the red-orange skin and watched the ripe fruit drip its honeyed sweetness down his fingers.  I watched his tongue lick up the juice enthusiastically.

How he allowed himself to relax and enjoy life.  At times, I admired his ability to do just that, but instead of voicing my  admiration, I found myself saying, "Do you think it's safe to eat that?"  Immediately I wished I could let go, not worry so much, not be so focused on safety.

Daniel's reaction was not unexpected "You really should try some, Sam…I promise you won't regret it!"

He handed me a ripe fruit.  I sniffed it - tantalizing - peeled it and immediately enjoyed the warm stickiness as it flowed into my mouth. The flavor was indescribable - intensely fruity, sweet - yet not overly so…best thing I ever remember tasting!  "Oh, Daniel…it's…(lick)…so…(smack)…sweet and…(slurp)…well, messy too!"

Daniel was smiling "I told you it was good!"  He was staring at me now, mumbling something about how my eyes picked up the sparkle of the fireflies, and my skin glistened from the dripping juices of the sweet fruit.  I startled as he impulsively ran his finger up the side of my wet cheek, catching a drip of juice and eagerly licking it from his fingers.

I began to laugh again, "Guess I could use a few napkins, huh?"  I watched the shape of Daniel's body as he picked more of the fruit.  He had removed his jacket revealing a form fitting T-shirt and the outline of his muscles underneath.  He was continuing to talk quietly to himself.  I always found his voice to be so calm, soothing, nothing like the military home I'd grown up in.

In one motion, Daniel picked a large flower from the tree - a swirling mixture of yellows and purples - with a fragrance that took my breath away.  He slipped it gently behind my ear.  I quickly removed it.

"That's really not me, Daniel.  I'm not the hearts and flowers type."  I handed the flower back to him, hoping I wouldn't insult him.

Rather than hurt or insult, I heard a caring, almost loving tone to his voice.

"Maybe you haven't looked in the mirror lately."  He moved closer to me and began running the flower petals gently over my upturned face, fluttering them softly over my lips - which were frozen in a surprised open circle.  I felt light headed and suddenly warm all over.

I looked up into his eyes, deep blue, sparkling with interest.  His face was still sticky wet and his breath intoxicatingly hot.  I felt his arms wrap around my waist as he pulled me into a close embrace.  He wasn't saying anything, he simply continued to stare into my eyes, holding me, rocking me gently back and forth.  I sensed he was waiting for some sign from me -  an encouragement for him to continue.  I was confused…what did I want?  My emotions rose up in a way unfamiliar to me - they began to control my rational thoughts, my actions.  I felt I needed the love of this man, now, in this time and space.  I longed for it and did not know why I couldn't have realized it before.

I broke away from his embrace only long enough to pick up another fruit. Peeling it quickly, I pushed it slowly, deliberately into his mouth. His lips stretched to allow the fruit to enter, as juice oozed and flowed down his cheeks, chin and along his neck.  I kissed the trail of sweetness, now mixed with body sweat - up his neck and found his waiting lips.  Knowing this should never be, could never be, I allowed it all to continue.  Protocol and sanity be damned; tonight I would allow my emotion, my passion to surface.  I knew it was already beyond my control.

Daniel did not hesitate, as he delighted in my obvious invitation.  His kiss was at first tentative, exploratory.  His tongue darted in and out quickly, testing the waters.  Desire grew, burning hotter within me.  Our kisses became intense, as if we were  swallowing the very fruit of each other - and finding great satisfaction with it.  I heard him ask me quietly if I would take off my clothes for him, as he stood back to watch.  I silently obliged, enjoying his looks of appreciation with the removal of each piece of clothing, until I was standing, naked before him.  I found myself trembling, even though the air was quite warm - there was no turning back.

How I enjoyed his touch, fingers running, massaging their way over my body. He picked up the discarded flower and began to run the petals from my feet up the inside of my thighs.  Sweet juice began to flow from deep inside me, down my legs.  How he wanted to please me, admire me - so unlike any man I had known before.  Involuntary soft moans came from my mouth.  I  called out his name…"Daniel…Daniel…come to me now!"

I watched him undress, and enjoyed the play of the moonlight on his skin.  His desire for me was quite visible in a full erection.  I sat down in the soft grass and invited him to join me.  As he lay beside me, I returned the favor of his massage, rubbing the fruit juices deeply into his shoulders and back - working my way down over his tight rear and down his legs.  Covering his back with the liquid, I lay down on top of him, pressing the fullness of my breasts into his back, sliding back and forth over him, the warmth increased. I felt him turn over beneath me, and I kept the sliding motion, as I now lay on top of him face to face.

He began to press gently on my shoulders, guiding me down to his swollen, pulsing organ.  I eagerly took him into my mouth, every bit of him, and enjoyed his moans of pleasure.  Sensing he was close to climax, I pulled back, playfully looking up at his face.  I knew he didn't want me to stop, yet he also wanted to yield to my wishes - a delightful quandary!

He rolled me over and moved himself into position above me, supported on his outstretched arms - his look of desire to  become one with me - so completely consuming.  Desire burned hotter still.  I pulled him down, inside of me - filling my yearning, fulfilling my desire.  We moved together in a heated dance in the warm grass.  Passion was propelling us to the inevitable, explosive moment of satisfaction.  I climaxed just as he arched his back and pushed deeper still into me, releasing his burning, liquid, and his wants and needs.

So good!  Such a release!  We still had not spoken, we simply remained there, and the drips of spent desire silently trickling to the ground.

Finally, Daniel spoke, whispering into my ears, "Told you that you wouldn't regret it!"

At the same time, he looked at me curiously, trying to figure out what I was feeling.

"It had something to do with the fruit, didn't it, Daniel?" I asked him, fully expecting him not to know.

"Well, never having been here before, I can't be certain, but if it truly is like the fruit on Abydos - let's say it's about the strongest aphrodisiac that's ever been discovered!" Daniel answered, ever truthful.

"Oh," came my rather stunned reply.

"Happy Birthday, Sam," Daniel sensed my confusion.  "Our Eden began and ends right here…a shared gift.  Tomorrow science, reason, the military, all the rest can continue as it is meant to be…as it surely must be…but for tonight we existed in a place apart from all that.  Something we both wanted, the fruit simply opened the doors we'd closed to that need."

I was silent.  I didn't know what to say what I truly felt.  I was numb.

"Till tomorrow," came Daniel's sleepy salutation, as he began to drift off.

He woke with a start and a pleasured smile as I brought him another serving of fruit…

"Until tomorrow?" I asked.


Part 1    Part 2

Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||