STORMS OF LIFE: Part 24

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 24: Warm Breezes

Daniel was amazed at the amount of pleasure he was getting from seeing Jack, upright.walking, albeit stiffly, beside him. Jack was making all sorts of odd noises at the pain of returning circulation...rather large and exaggerated noises Daniel was sure were as much to relieve the tension as anything else. Daniel laughed obligingly, doing his part to assure Jack things were as they should be...on a lot of fronts.

Leaving Jack at the bathroom door, Daniel entered Uncle Gil's bedroom...intending to find clean clothes for Jack, but the large four-poster bed proved too great a temptation and he fell into it with a sigh.

'Just for a minute...'

They'd done it...as impossible as it was to believe...they had actually done it. Daniel rolled over onto his side on the soft bed, feeling the chill of the blanket beneath him...too long in a room without heat...begin to leech its way through the multiple shirts he was wearing. It didn't really matter, felt pretty good actually.the fever was rising again. The simple relief he felt at knowing at least a portion of the crisis had passed threatened to rob him of all the adrenaline charged energy he'd been operating under for hours.

"Man that felt good!" Jack nearly shouted as he came out of the bathroom. Daniel rolled over a bit and smiled...finding it difficult to keep his eyes open. Jack was still limping a bit, it would likely take time to walk off the effects of two night's inactivity...but the older man had a huge smile on his face, relishing his freedom with all the boundless enthusiasm of the teenager he sometimes resembled. The smile faded a bit as he saw Daniel lying there on the bed.

"You okay?"

Daniel nodded. "It's all just catching up to me I think."

Jack nodded, reaching into a drawer for fresh clothes. "Just take it easy then...I'll change then get everything carried in here. It'll be easier to keep warm in this one room than it was in that hallway." Daniel nodded acquiescence, indulging himself for the moment in the elemental pleasure of being cared for. It was nice once in a while to take the lead, be the one in charge...but for now...it was really great to simply let Jack do what he did best.

Daniel closed his eyes, feeling a chill shudder through him. Sudden warmth enveloped him and he forced himself to look. Jack was looking down at him with eyes full of quiet peace.

"Go to sleep, big guy...let me worry about things for awhile...'

Daniel sighed and snuggled into the blanket. "Thanks, Jack."

A light hand brushed over his forehead and Daniel sighed again. "No, Daniel...thank you."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||