STORMS OF LIFE: Part 10

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 10: Deluge

Daniel opened his eyes to darkness and a distinct-pop-crackle-grumble sound....

Sonorous vibrations from beneath the other set of quilts identified the source of one of the noises....

Jack. Snoring. Really loud snoring.

Not for the first time, Daniel wondered how a man reportedly quite successful in the area of stealth had survived a single night without being detected.

' Seismographs could detect Jack's snoring...'

Daniel raised himself slowly, pleased to find his head much clearer than it had been earlier. His body still ached, but he found movement less of a torture...and he really needed to go to the bathroom...

Looking over toward the mountain of quilts that did little to muffle Jack's noise, Daniel made up his mind not to wake the other man.

'It's not like you've never gotten around on a bum leg before...'

Daniel hauled himself upright, suppressing sounds of his own in the effort not to wake Jack. Judicious use of the furniture and walls aided his journey, and he was pleased to find his ankle far more cooperative than it had been earlier...nonetheless by the time he reached the bathroom he was shaking again, feeling a cold sweat break out over his body. Another loud pop from the vicinity of the living room caused Daniel to rush his business and start back...

Something wasn't quite right....

Crack!

Daniel hobbled faster...the distinct groaning of timber under too much stress reverberated throughout the house, shuddering through the walls and floor...

"Jack!" Daniel was nearly to the end of the hall, could see Jack sitting up...looking back toward Daniel as if to ask what was wrong. "Jack, get out of there!"

Crack, rumble, bang...

The first timber fell...mere feet away from the sofa...snow, planks and roofing debris rushing downward...

Jack dived off the sofa, heading for Daniel at a run...

Another crash of timber rocked the floor, throwing Daniel to his knees. As he struggled upward he could see Jack again, nearly invisible within a shower of snow and wood...

'C'mon, Jack...'

Almost there...

Crack, groan...

The living room disappeared in a cloud of dust, Daniel could see Jack launch himself toward him...had a vague flash of memory, another place and time they almost didn't escape from...had time to pray this time they'd be just as lucky...then something heavy and cold drove him to the ground....


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||