STARLIGHT THOUGHTS

by:  Raven
Feedback to:  Stargategirl@hotmail.com

Author's Notes:  Read slowly and guess who might be telling the story.



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


I sighed and looked out at the stars. It was a truly beautiful night. I was reclined, resting, thinking about all those stars out there, and how each one had planets, and I’d been to so many of them. There were still so many to go to, but the number I had been to was large. So many planets.

It seemed like whenever I looked at the stars, I would know that there was so much more to life. But what else could I need? I had several good friends that would stick by me. I had a family, parents, although we weren’t very close, and I hardly ever got to see them. No, instead of paying attention to my family I was cruising about the galaxies.

Sometimes when I looked at the stars, a little part of me wanted to go home and forget I’d ever become who I was. I wanted to be young and naive again, to forget all about stargates and wormholes. But it was too late for that. I knew too much ever to leave. I could tell you the coordinates for every planet my friends and I had visited. I knew... just... too much.

And looking at the stars made me think of my past. It seemed, that my past was strangely unimportant now. It was like I was a new person, with my friends that went across space and time with me. None of them cared what I had done in my past. I wished I could tell my friends that I loved them, and that they were more like a family than I’d ever had before. But if I told them, they might laugh. Sometimes I think I’m what hold them together, if they knew what a weakness I had... I might not be able to continue with them, and that would kill me.

The stars made me wish I had a true home. I used to have one. I was completely content, until the stargates and wormholes popped up in my life. And then, poof. I was with a group of friends traveling the galaxy. If there was some way to go back in time... The gate could do that, if I was smart enough to program it right. But I’m not. I am smart, but sometimes the physics and math get a little much for me. Not that I’ve devoted my life to it.

Then I hear her voice and she comes in. “Apophis, come, it’s time for the evening meal.” I smile at my wife and take a last, longing look at the force field.


Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||