SPIRIT DANCE: Part 8

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


'I do not believe in spirits...or ambulatory trees.'

Teal'c moved closer to O'Neill and Daniel Jackson, noticing that Major Carter had done the same. O'Neill had a hand on Daniel Jackson's shoulder, as if he feared that the forest would somehow pluck him away from them.

"Well, this is nice." O'Neill's voice indicated exactly the opposite.

They backed away as a unit and O'Neill asked for suggestions.

Teal'c indicated his staff weapon and O'Neill nodded, backing away with Daniel Jackson and Major Carter. Teal'c charged the weapon and fired...

When the smoke cleared, they all watched in amazement as the limbs that the staff weapon had damaged were replaced by others.

"Okay," O'Neill drawled. "Any other bright ideas?"

Major Carter suggested going back the way they had come and trying to find an alternate route, but the trees closed them in again.

Teal'c was aware of a touch of fear in O'Neill's eyes as he glanced toward Daniel Jackson. If the young man's theory was correct...and the behavior of the trees seemed to support it...Daniel Jackson could be facing very real danger. Their friend was already injured and all of them were exhausted from lack of sleep; another such night would be far more difficult for them.

O'Neill considered their options, finally concluding that there weren't any. They proceeded to set up camp, this time with defensibility in mind. The clearing was devoid of much in the way of cover. There were a few boulders of reasonable size so they setup a lean-to near the largest one. If they were allowed to rest this night, it would be together.

Daniel Jackson watched them with a distracted expression, his eyes on the forest that was literally surrounding them.

"Is there something wrong, Daniel Jackson?" Teal'c asked.

Daniel Jackson shook his head with a small shrug. "I don't know..." his voice trailed off, and they all became aware of the sound.

Something was howling.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||