SPIRIT DANCE: Part 7

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


'Stupid, stupid, stupid...'

Sam couldn't believe she'd said that to Daniel...

Sam knew that many of the things they'd encountered since that first mission through the Stargate would have seemed outlandish...or even crazy....prior to that time. Now more than ever Daniel needed their support. After the episode with Machello's devices, the very insecure young man who lived within Daniel's great intellect had been deeply shaken by his team's lack of faith and Daniel was still working his way back from it...as they all were. There were barely perceptible moments of hesitation; moments to consider if what he was about to say could be misconstrued to read that he'd lost it.

Daniel's unique way of thinking was an integral part of what made Daniel who he was. Daniel possessed an intuitive, intrinsic intelligence that refused to be modified or characterized by any set means. Daniel could surmise more, and more rapidly, than a room full of classically trained theorists....had, in fact, done so or they wouldn't be where they were today. Sam had come to respect and admire Daniel for that intelligence...and much more...and she couldn't bear to think that something she said could bring that shadow of self-doubt to his eyes...

Watching Daniel lean on Jack for support as they made their way out of the ruins, she wondered if Daniel's theory was really so strange after all...

The stones had come out of nowhere. She'd personally seen one lift from the ground with no visible guiding force. If there were Reetou around Teal'c would know it, but who knew what other sorts of lifeforms...or life forces...were out there that possessed the ability to do this. As the colonel had said..."something real" had caused this...Something had definitely intended Daniel harm last night and it was up to them to protect Daniel until they could find out what...or just get off the planet.

Daniel stumbled a little ahead of her and was quickly caught by the colonel. Sam heard the colonel say something that made Daniel laugh quietly. Once again she felt like biting her tongue off for her thoughtless words earlier, while at the same time she was glad that Daniel had the colonel's unquestioning support. Sam had no doubt that her two friends would continue their famous arguments, but Daniel could always be assured that...when push came to shove...the colonel would be there for him...And the colonel knew the same was true for Daniel.

Teal'c sometimes had trouble expressing himself with the emotionally charged person that was Daniel, and Sam...she just had trouble expressing herself emotionally. Sam thought it was incredibly strange that Colonel Jack O'Neill...the least emotionally expressive of them all had so little difficulty relating to Daniel. Sam had once chalked it up to 'a guy thing', but she knew in her gut that it was so much more than that...

The colonel had once described Daniel as the voice and conscience of the team, but Sam felt that he'd become so much more since that time...Daniel was their soul, without him...they would all become so much less...

Sam realized they were approaching their former encampment and almost laughed as they all instinctively closed ranks around Daniel. Looking over at him, she caught a similar amusement in Daniel's eyes...he'd noticed it, too.

As they passed the site of last night's campfire, Sam took her eyes off Daniel to double-check that nothing had been left behind...and turned back just in time to see the trees...move.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||