SPIRIT DANCE: Part 4

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


"This is not accepatable.'

Teal'c was not at all pleased that some unknown entity had singled out Daniel Jackson for this physical assault. Daniel Jackson was one of the best people...on any world...that Teal'c knew and Teal'c had long ago taken it upon himself to protect the young scholar. The only hardship in that task was that Daniel Jackson was a singularly difficult body to guard.

Teal'c's anger grew as he looked into Daniel Jackson's tired eyes. Major Carter had endeavored to bandage the young man's head wound, but every time that they attempted to move away from Daniel Jackson...or even to move with him to a more defensible position...the stones would begin again. Teal'c was sure that their friend would be a mass of bruises before morning....for all their vigilence, several more stones had hit their mark.Teal'c had not understood O'Neill's reference to three 'stooges', but understood all too well Major Carter's reply that those individuals had never been faced with attack by unseen forces.

Daniel Jackson was pale and clearly exhausted, but resisted all attempts to convince him to sleep within their protective barrier. Teal'c surmised that the young man was feeling guilty for causing the rest of the team such difficulty.

Major Carter and O'Neill had tried to convince Daniel Jackson that he was the only one in difficulty as it seemed the planet itself had chosen him as its victim.

So Daniel Jackson sat among them, head resting on his knees so as not to present a clear target.

"Jack?" Daniel Jackson's voice was low.

"Yeah, Daniel?"

"I need my notes on the ruins..."

"What?" O'Neill's voice was plainly incredulous.

Daniel Jackson smiled apologetically. "The UAV data on the ruins..."

Major Carter was smiling out into the darkness and Teal'c could see that O'Neill was trying very hard not to.

"Daniel..." O'Neill's warning tone was tinged with amused recognition. ..and perhaps a hint of surprise that it had taken Daniel Jackson so long to ask for his notes.

"Well, we're stuck here anyway. I might as well start trying to figure out why..."

Even O'Neill couldn't argue with the logic of that.

Teal'c and O'Neill prepared to encircle Daniel Jackson more closely while Major Carter would run for his pack. The switch was made quickly, but another stone got through...catching Daniel Jackson on the shoulder and eliciting a small groan from the young man. They tightened their arms around the smaller man, trying to eliminate all possible open areas. When Major Carter returned, pack in hand, they more carefully returned to their former positions.

O'Neill summed up the team's feelings succinctly.

"This is going to be a long night."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||