SPIRIT DANCE: Part 13

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


'God, Daniel...'

Jack tightened his own hand grips and prayed as he watched the play of emotions crossing Daniel's face. At first Jack thought it was simply Daniel's fear of heights finally overtaking the raw grit that had gotten his young friend this far...

Until he saw Daniel's eyes, looking down at him as if from a great distance...as if he didn't know Jack at all...

The thoughts that crossed Daniel's mind reflected themselves in his eyes; the fear, the confusion, the loss, the hurt...

Jack knew where Daniel's thoughts had taken him and, despite the fore-warning that it was coming, found himself totally at a loss on how to deal with it while clinging to a cliff face a hundred or so feet from the ground...

And then the rock beneath Daniel's hand had crumbled...

Jack's heart stopped cold.

He reached out vainly, expecting Daniel to fly past him at any moment...

And breathed a deep sigh of relief as Daniel tightened his other holds and reached out a hand...

For Jack.

At the end of it all, Daniel reached out for Jack to help him...

Daniel had trusted Jack to help him...had faith in him to do it.

And Jack swore...whatever else may happen in the future...he wouldn't let Daniel down again.

They clung there for a moment, recovering from the close call and Jack tried to meet Daniel's eyes...

After a moment, Daniel looked back at him...eyes full of things that would probably never be spoken. Jack knew that, once again, they didn't need the words. The promise was given and received in the space of seconds, in the brightness of blue eyes meeting brown, in the nod of promise and the nod of acceptance...

Daniel smiled...seeming to realize that they were having a bonding moment at a very inopportune time.

Jack shrugged as well as one can when hanging by fingers and toes from a rock face.

"Let's get the hell out of here."

The mists returned then.

The test was over.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||