THE SPHINX CONSPIRACY: Part 9

by:  Lyn
Feedback to:  lyntownsend@hotmail.com



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


One week later:

Daniel moved restlessly in the hospital bed as Jack O'Neill moved the chair nearer to the bed and took the young man's hand. Blue eyes opened wearily and a ghost of a smile whispered across Daniel's face. "Jack. Glad you're here." he said.

"You won't believe how glad I am that you're here, buddy" Jack answered, smiling. "How's it going?"

"Slowly" Daniel replied. "Doctor Frasier says they caught the infection in time, in a few weeks, I can start physio."

"That's good," Jack said.

Daniel averted his eyes for a moment. "Jack?"

"Yeah, buddy?"

"Dave's dead, isn't he?"

Jack sighed "Yes, he is, Daniel. I'm so sorry."

"They killed him to get the videotape and then they tried to kill me." Daniel said quietly.

"That's the way it appears. We spoke to Professor Cross's wife in Australia. She told us about the video." Jack answered.

"Poor Cathy. He was a great guy, Jack. Truly one of the good guys." Daniel said, sadly. "What about the video? Did you find it?"

"Yes, kind of a mangled mess. Not salvageable. Sorry, Daniel." Jack said.

"So I guess we'll have to wait for the Millenium to find out if Dave was right about the prophecy" Daniel said.

Daniel thought a moment, then sat upright suddenly, gasping in pain as he did so. "Oh, God, Jack, your car"

Jack pushed him back gently onto his pillows. "Easy, buddy, easy or Doctor James is going to put you back into a coma to stop you jumping around."

"But, Jack, your car, Oh God, I'm so sorry"

"Don't worry about it, Daniel" Jack said soothingly "I never liked the colour anyway."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||