THE SPHINX CONSPIRACY: Part 8

by:  Lyn
Feedback to:  lyntownsend@hotmail.com



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Jack had flown into the base with the rescue chopper after Daniel had finally been freed from the wrecked car and now he paced the waiting area restlessly. He looked up as Sam and Teal'c entered.

"How is DanielJackson, Colonel O'Neill?" Teal'c asked.

"There's no word yet, Teal'c, but his injuries are severe and exposure, loss of blood. I just don't know." Jack said, sinking wearily into a chair.

"But you do know DanielJackson" Teal'c replied. "He will fight"

"Yeah, I know that, Teal'c"

"Sir, the accident investigators have released a preliminary report on the car" Sam said. "It appears two of the tires were shot out."

"Shot out" Jack echoed. "Who the hell would want to kill Daniel?"

Before Sam could answer, Janet Frasier and another doctor emerged from the operating theater.

"Colonel, Sam, Teal'c, this is Doctor James, the orthopedic specialist General Hammond called in to consult.

The doctor shook hands with all three, then motioned to the seats. "Let's all sit down. I know I need to. Daniel's injuries were fairly severe and he'll require extensive treatment and therapy" he began.

"You mean, he'll make it, though" Jack interjected.

The doctor held his hand up. "There's a lot to get through, Colonel, so let me finish. I know you're anxious to see him."

Jack nodded and stayed silent.

"Daniel has four broken ribs, caused most likely by impact with the steering wheel. They'll be painful but will mend. His left ankle is badly broken, it's been set and pinned. He suffered a compound crush fracture to his right ankle and foot. It has also been set with a plate and pins, but there is the added burden of infection, so we will need to keep a close eye on him. He had a nasty gash to his head and a severe concussion, but no skull fractures. He was also severely dehydrated and hypothermic when he was brought in, so the next few days will be a battle for him."

"He'll win" Jack said determinedly.

Doctor James smiled. "Yes, I believe he will. We'll be keeping him in an induced coma for a few days to allow his body to rest and heal, so he's on life support." He waved off Jack's next question. "Yes, Colonel, you may see him."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||