THE SPHINX CONSPIRACY: Part 4

by:  Lyn
Feedback to:  lyntownsend@hotmail.com



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Dave Cross packed up and left the University as soon as he'd walked Daniel to his car. He felt a sense of relief mixed with concern that Daniel had agreed to take the videotape He hoped that he was not exposing Daniel to danger. Still, the young man had the protection of the military, surely he'd be safe? Entering his home, he debated ringing his wife in Australia to tell her of the latest developments. Then he discarded the idea, she'd been concerned enough when he'd insisted that she and the girls return to Australia, the less said, the better. His thoughts were shattered by the resounding crash of the front door being smashed from its hinges. "Well, hello, Professor Cross, it's so nice to speak with you again."

Dave Cross backed away from the four swarthy skinned, heavily armed men, the wall finally stopping his retreat.

"I'm sure you remember me from our phone conversations. Let me make things easy for you, where is the videotape?"


Daniel headed Jack's car toward the base. He'd decided not to visit Cassie after all. If even a sliver of what Dave had told him was true, he was not going to risk anyone else's safety. He was aware that he could already be in danger himself. He glanced quickly at the rear vision mirror, but there were no cars behind him. Daniel sighed, he would be relieved to get back, show the video to Jack and let him decide what to do. All this cloak and dagger stuff was more O'Neill's scene after all.

Daniel switched on the radio and winced as the deafening sounds of a heavy metal band assaulted his ears. Mentally reminding himself to retune the dial, Daniel looked down briefly to find the tuning button. Suddenly the car bucked under his hands and swerved toward the mountain wall. Daniel struggled to control the careening vehicle as it side swiped the rocks, slamming his head hard into the side window. His senses reeling, he fought to turn the car in on itself, but it bounced back toward the guardrail and cleared it, launching itself down the hillside. A small cluster of rocks forced the front wheels up and it somersaulted once before sliding to a halt at the base of the mountain.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||