THE SPHINX CONSPIRACY: Part 1

by:  Lyn
Feedback to:  lyntownsend@hotmail.com



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Daniel Jackson barreled into Jack O'Neill's office, without bothering to knock.

"Jack, I've just had a call from a friend of mine. He's brought home some amazing stuff from a dig and he's asked me to come over and take a look."

Jack held up a hand, not looking up from the stack of paperwork in front of him.

Daniel paused for breath, impatience obvious in his stance as he stood, hands on hips, foot tapping. "Jack?"

"Uh, uh" Jack waved his hand. He signed his name with a flourish to the topmost paper and sighed, pushing his chair back and locking his hands behind his head. "Now, Daniel, you were saying?"

"A friend of mine from the University brought back some great artifacts from a new dig." Daniel said again.

"Rocks and stuff?" Jack asked, his eyes twinkling.

"Actually, no. Pyramid texts and stuff" Daniel replied, his blue eyes crinkling as he flashed a wide smile. "Anyway, he wants me to go take a look"

"Since when have you wanted my permission to go anywhere?" Jack asked. "As I recall, on our last jaunt off world, it took us three hours to find you when you forgot to tell anyone that you were going to look at inscriptions at the other end of town."

"Yeah, I'm really sorry about that, Jack. I was sure I'd mentioned it and I know I've got to stop running off half cocked…" Daniel smiled again.

"Anyway" Jack prompted.

"Oh right, anyway, my car's in the shop"

"Again" Jack murmured under his breath.

"And I was wondering if you could take me over there? I'm sure you'd find it really interesting." Daniel asked hopefully.

"Sorry, Daniel, no can do. Much as I'd love to come and see these ro-- pyramid texts, if I don't get this paperwork done, the General will have my hide." Jack answered.

"Oh, maybe Sam?"

"Sam's busy working on a prototype UAV, and if you interrupt her, I'm gonna have your hide."

Daniel's face showed his disappointment, but he merely nodded and began to turn away.

"Daniel" Jack called. He tossed his car keys at his friend. "I'm gonna be here all night anyway"

"Are you sure, Jack?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah, go, knock yourself out" Jack said.

"Thanks, Jack. I'll have it back first thing in the morning." Daniel smiled and turned to leave, tossing the keys in the air.

"Daniel"

"Yeah, Jack?" Daniel spun around.

"Three things. Watch the speed, gas it up and put the radio dial back where you found it." Jack said, ticking the items off on his fingers.

"Sure thing, Colonel" Daniel executed a mock salute and left.

Jack grinned at Daniel's disappearing back. He had planned to go home later and watch the hockey game, but seeing Daniel excited at last about something and more importantly, seeing him smile after so long was well worth the sacrifice. Jack shook his head and bent back to his paperwork.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||