WHERE ROADS MEET: Part 24

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 24: Captain Janet Fraiser, M.D.

This has to work.

Sam says it will,, but I can hear the echoes of self-doubt in her voice. The naquada reactor is nowhere near its intended date of completion, but the tests look good. Actual field performance is an entirely different thing. What neither of us is saying.we don't have to, our thoughts scream it.is that Daniel may not have time for her and the techs to be any more sure than what they are. Sam Carter's "pretty sure" is as good as most people's "positive".in my considered opinion.

The last communication with Ferretti sounded promising.hopeful. Daniel is awake, aware and the pain doesn't seem as bad . of course regular doses of demerol tend to do that. Ferretti mentioned a fever, that's actually a good thing. A fever equals infection and that's something we can deal with. I just hope it isn't some secondary thing he's picked up on that planet. No, no negatives. I want to stay as guardedly positive as I can be about Daniel' s condition. I try to share that attitude with the general and the others as often as possible.

The general is really tearing himself up over this. I know I argued with him in the first place over sending Daniel off this way.but I have to admit the test results just weren't proof enough not to. Of course, I didn't have all the tests.and I've got my own opinions about that, too. A certain doctoral doctor and I are going to have a long and undoubtedly heated discussion about that once I get him back on his feet. He knew. Maybe not exactly what, but he's too damn smart not to have guessed something close to the truth. And I have no doubt he wasn't exactly forthcoming when it came to symptoms. I can't blame his silence on some macho military thing so I guess I'll chalk it up to pure male stubbornness.heaven knows he's got a healthy dose of that.

I wish the general would allow me or one of my staff to go through, but I understand his reasoning on the subject. They're sitting on a powderkeg over there and Heru'ur could show up anytime to strike the match. Major Ferretti is more than capable and he's had plenty of field experience. I know he can be trusted to do everything right, but it's hard not to want to be there. Daniel is my patient.sadly one of my more regular ones.and I can't help feeling my place is there.

I'm operating, figuratively speaking, in the dark here and that's not an acceptable condition for me. Daniel needs to be here. He needs tests, steady monitoring, and too many other things he just can't get in a cave halfway across the galaxy.

Beyond preparations to receive Daniel, things have been rather slow around the infirmary. I've been trying to keep Kasuf occupied while Sam's busy with the reactor. Kasuf really is a dear man.and so terribly concerned about his "boys".

I've noticed a definite kinship building between the general and Kasuf. It's no too strange a friendship when you consider they're both leaders of their respective 'tribes'. After all, a tribe is an extended family banded together for a common purpose and that's us in a nutshell.

And right now every ounce of energy possessed by this tribe is concentrated on bringing its missing members home.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||