WHERE ROADS MEET: Part 22

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 22: Teal'c of SG1, formerly of Chulak

I am afraid.

In my many years as a Jaffa there has been very little capable of causing this feeling in me. I felt it the day my father died, the day I returned home to find my family gone, the day my son fell under the spell of Apophis. There have been other times revolving around some threat to my friends, but few so completely unnerving.

I must sit here watching Daniel Jackson sleep so quietly, stirring only occasionally when the pain attempts to break through the wall of ease the drugs impose. Major Ferretti checks the intravenous solutions often, far more often than is probably necessary, but I understand well the fascination of watching each precious drop flow through the tubing making its way all too slowly into Daniel Jackson's arm. I try to imagine the fluid coursing its way into his bloodstream, seeking out this enemy within his body and attacking it with a determination worthy of Daniel Jackson himself.

Major Ferretti tends to Daniel Jackson with a gentleness I would not have expected from him. He is a good man and clearly cares quite deeply for Daniel Jackson, it is eloquently present in his every gesture as he performs the tasks Dr. Fraiser has charged him with. Although this is not an area he would otherwise choose for himself, he goes about it with a certain cautious optimism. It is clear that he chooses to believe these medicines will be helpful to Daniel Jackson's condition. I wish to believe it as well.

Skaara has finally succumbed to sleep. I am somewhat surprised he has not done so sooner. He was tending to Daniel Jackson for several days before O'Neill arrived and has had little respite since. The young Abydonian is far stronger now than when I last saw him on Tollana, he has regained his strength as well as the strength of his personality. It is a difficult thing to regain one's identity after being possessed by a Goa'uld.and rarely successful...many go mad or simply succumb to the near impossibility of returning to their former lives. I have heard many tales of such things, few of them end well.

O'Neill has yet to return. We are much alike in that we both are more at ease with taking action. There is no action for us to perform here...other than seeing to Daniel Jackson's comfort and safety. It is not enough, which is why O'Neill seeks solitude. He must come to some sort of peace with this situation...as must I.

Daniel Jackson stirs. I soothe his brow again with the moist cloth expecting him to return to sleep as he has done before. He does not. His eyes open and he looks around himself slowly, taking in his very much altered surroundings. His gaze finally returns to me.

"Guess it's a lengthy tale...?" His voice is rough from the fever.

I smile, remembering my own words from so long ago. "Quite lengthy, Daniel Jackson."

A small smile curves his dry lips. "Somebody want to fill me in?"

Major Ferretti joins us, looking at me in question. I understand what he asks, but do not believe we should withhold the truth from him. Daniel Jackson values truth above all, he expects it from us...from me...and I will give him no less. His eyes close as I reveal to him Dr. Fraiser's diagnoses, and the possible ramifications of both, then he nods once and looks directly at me.

"And Heru'ur?" He asks quietly.

"Gone for the moment. He was injured in the same battle which disabled the DHD. He will return."

"Yeah," he drawls in that way he has which means his mind is considering many things at once. "You guys should have left while you could."

Major Ferretti and I speak once.

"We could not."

"Not a chance, Daniel"

Daniel Jackson smiles at us, closing his eyes. "Thanks." he whispers.

"Teal'c?"

"Yes, Daniel Jackson?"

"I need to talk to Jack."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||