WHERE ROADS MEET: Part 19

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 19: Kasuf of Abydos

I should have known they would not leave me.

But it cannot have been at the cost of their own lives.

My heart soared at the sight of Skaara's face when he appeared at my side to free me from the demon's chains. It was even more wonderful to run at his side as we did when we drove Ra from our midst forever. It was only when I realized our escape was being guarded by my other son and O'Neill that my joy diminished. I did not want to accept the cost of my freedom. When the other Tau'ri appeared through the Chaap'ai my hope was reborn.

I waited with General Hammond as the Chaap'ai sprang to life again. Carter returned, then two of the soldiers.but the blue waters died without bring forth any others. General Hammond attempted to reopen the Chaap'ai three times before admitting defeat. Carter believes one of the Jaffa weapons may have "over loaded" the device.that it may reopen once the energy fades. I pray she is right.

Carter escorted me to the same doctor.Janet.who was so kind to me after my Sha're died. I did not know what to think of a female healer, but she was very patient with me and pronounced me well. From there my lovely guide brought me to the eating place and joined me for a meal.

It was then that she spoke of Daniel.

I could hear the sadness in her voice as she told me of this illness that plagues my son. I will not accept this. Daniel is not my son by birth.but by my heart's choice. Even had he not married my daughter it would have been so. This cannot happen. O'Neill, Carter, Teal'c, Janet, General Hammond, Ferretti.my son's tribe..will find a means to prevent it.

Carter was so distraught as I told her this I felt compelled to embrace her.to allow her to weep in the presence of one who cares for Daniel as much as she. I told her that even warriors must grieve.so they may move on to action. She smiled at the words, tears still flowing, and told me I sounded like Daniel. I replied that Daniel was a good son and had learned well from me. We both laughed in the face of our fear.joined in that one timeless moment by our love for my son.

Then it was time to try again to reach them.

The Chaap'ai opened and one of the wheeled machines went into it. Carter said it was safer to do this as we could not know what may have happened after we left. She showed me the images of the place we had been. The device which controls the Chaap'ai was clearly damaged. Within a few moments a voice called for General Hammond.Ferretti, the one who fought with us against Ra and then again so bravely when my children were taken.

He tells us Heru'ur was wounded and has left them.but he believes the demon will return when healed, They are safe for the moment. Janet asks about Daniel. Ferretti tells us they are giving my son medicine, but Daniel is far from well.

Part of me wants to return there to be with my sons.but I know I cannot.

General Hammond tells Ferretti they will find a way to bring them home.I can see in his eyes that he wants this to be true. He is a caring and wise leader he will not rest until our missing men.our family.returns.

I think none of them will.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||