WHERE ROADS MEET: Part 18

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 18: Teal'c of SG1, formerly of Chu'lak

I have failed my friend.

Daniel Jackson must return to the SGC and the doctors there.I must ensure it.

He appears so pale, lines of pain exist even as he sleeps. Major Ferretti has administered the first doses of Dr. Fraiser's medications. Medications we cannot be certain will even help.

I do not understand Daniel Jackson's actions here. We should have been here with him. I can see from O'Neill's expression he does not believe Daniel Jackson should have been here at all. He was ill when we left him to go on these pointless errands. He should never have come within Heru'urs grasp with only Skaara for protection. I mean no disservice to the young Abydonian, but he was ill-prepared to face what has happened here.

Daniel Jackson would certainly not approve of my thoughts.he does not feel he requires protection. Yet I know that he does. Not because he cannot look after himself, but because he deserves it. I have found no better human.save O'Neill. Humans such as Daniel Jackson must be protected, there are so few of them in my experience.and it will be him and others like him who will finally and totally defeat the evil that is the Goa'uld.

And he is my friend.

One of the few I perceive as such.

I will not lose him while it is in my power to prevent it.

O'Neill sits against the wall near Daniel Jackson, ostensibly resting.but I know he will awaken immediately when the need arises. Major Ferretti has gone to scout the perimeter with Skaara while I watch over my friends' rest. Heru'ur has been gravely injured, if the DHD is damaged, he will call for a transport to take him to a sarcophagus. Major Ferretti was quite sure there were only eight Jaffa left alive. They will not leave Heru'ur, it would be as much as their lives are worth to part from their fallen god. They will guard him until he can be brought to help, I am certain of it.

I can hear Major Ferretti and Skaara returning, their slow pace telling me all is well. O'Neill opens his eyes as I move back into the small cave to allow them entry.

"They are gone!" Skaara exclaims with a smile.

Major Ferretti's expression tells me there is less welcome news. "The DHD doesn't work. Heru'ur transported out through some of those rings and took all his guys with him. Guess he knows we can't go anywhere while he's gone."

O'Neill nods, his face still although his eyes rage coldly. "Feretti, why don't you and Skaara go down and keep an eye on the gate? Stay out of sight but be handy in case they open it from their side. We need to let them know not to come back through.and a portable super-computer would come in mighty handy about now."

Major Ferretti smiles tightly. "Will do."

"We'll relieve you in a couple of hours if necessary." O'Neill stands and stretches. "Be careful. After meeting Heru'ur, the natives might not be inclined to be quite so trusting."

The major nods again and they depart.

O'Neill moves to sit beside Daniel Jackson, a hand reaching to check for fever. "What do we do, Teal'c?"

I am unsure which situation he is referring to, but can only consider one answer.

"We help Daniel Jackson."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||