WHERE ROADS MEET: Part 15

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 15: Dr. Daniel Jackson

I don't know how Jack thinks we're going to pull this one off.

He says we can do it and I really want to believe him, but I just don't see how the three of us can hope to go up against twenty-odd Jaffa with just Jack's zat and my pistol. But we have to get Kasuf back..

I can't lose him too..

I haven't told Jack just how sick I've been feeling since I woke up. It's all I can do to keep putting one foot in front of the other. The pain is dulled by the aspirin, but so constantly there it's hard to concentrate. Jack and Skaara are both giving me their own versions of the 'look'... I don't mind it so much though. I never thought to see that look.or any other not tainted by the Goa'uld inside him. in Skaara's eyes again. I just wish I wasn't the cause of it.

We're making our way around the hill where Heru'ur is encamped. Skaara says we have about two hours until sunrise. I'll take his word for it. I'm just trying to stay focused on Jack's back, placing my feet in his footsteps. If this plan fails, I don't want it to be because of me.

We reach a small copse of brush about twenty yards from Heru'ur's tent. Kasuf is chained to a tree a few yards beyond that. Jack points out the Stargate just beyond the trees on the other side of the encampment. Jack starts to use those little hand gestures to outline his plan, then stops at our blank looks and sighs, looking almost apologetic. I've come to understand some of them, but Skaara is totally lost.

" Sorry," he whispers. " Skaara, your job is to get Kasuf loose and run for the gate. Whatever happens, don't stop.and don't look back."

Jack throws me a look. I know what he's thinking.we're almost certain to be captured or killed, but Skaara has the best chance to get Kasuf out of here. I nod my understanding to him. I can live with this plan.as long as Skaara and Kasuf have a chance. Skaara glances from one to the other of us, nodding. He knows.

Jack catches my eye with a quirk of an eyebrow, asking if I'm up for this. I can't honestly say that I am, but I'm as ready as I can be.whatever may happen.

Skaara hesitates, catching my eye with an expression full of love and regret. As I watch it shifts to determination..reflecting that inner strength I remember relying on so much. We hug for a long moment and he whispers an Abydonian farewell into my ear.the farewell of travelers vowing to meet again. I return the sentiment and feel the heat of emotion in my throat. Jack makes a small noise, indicating the skyline.we don't have much time. Skaara embraces Jack, then fades into the bushes.

I hope he makes it. We have to make sure he does.

Jack gives me another look, in the starlight I can see him checking me out with evident concern.

"I'll make it, Jack," I assure him. "Just tell me where to shoot."

He laughs softly at that and clasps my shoulders, squeezing lightly in a way that says more to me than words ever could. I return the touch, knowing he'll understand. Jack nods and helps me stand. It's time.

Whatever happens.at least we're together


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||