WHERE ROADS MEET: Part 8

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 8: Kasuf of Abydos

My sons are here.

I do not understand how I know this, but I am certain of it.

My wild, beautiful Skaara, alive and finally free of his demon as his sister will never be. I will grieve to my last breath over the loss of my daughter, but offer all thanks to my good son, Daniel, and his tribe for bringing my other son home to me.

Now we are here and not home. But my sons are here and I will not fear. They will free me.or will see me die with honor. Those are acceptable choices to me, but I fear they will not be for my impetuous boys.

Before the revolt against Ra, I feared the energy and rebellion in my Skaara. Even as a child, he was not the sort of boy who would easily follow.he was a leader in the crib and that never changed. I felt shame at my own weakness in the face of Skaara's willingness to join the strangers against Ra. It was not until Daniel.such a quiet boy at first.showed me the face of my gods that I realized my beliefs, and those of my people, were based on lies.

My children were so much wiser than I.

Even Sha're, my gentle firebrand, fostered a hatred for the 'aliens' who posed as gods in order to use our people, her passion tempered only by her love for our people. After the defeat of Ra, it became very obvious, even to these old eyes, that Daniel would remain.the shared joy that passed from him to my daughter was a breath of rain on the desert. The span of days between O'Neill's leaving and return were full of new things as Daniel learned more of us than we were ever allowed to know.and shared it all with a quiet power that earned him a place in all our hearts. Through his wisdom we discovered a heritage we had never known or expected, a proud history to supplant the centuries of slavery. I like to believe that in us he discovered love and belonging, and a strength of spirit even greater than what he already possessed. Much as I love my daughter's husband, I fear he lacked awareness of his own worth.I like to believe that we helped him find a measure of it.

I do not see them, but I know they are here. The demon, Heru'ur, believes it.else he would not have brought me here. I find myself praying to the Allah Daniel calls the One God that O'Neill is here and can protect my sons from their own misguided loyalty that would deliver them to this demon for the sake of my life. I do not wish it so. Heru'ur cannot be allowed to take either of my sons.the battle against the demons is far too important, as is the child.

Daniel and Skaara must remain hidden.

Many have died here.for that I am regretful, but in the face of the larger battle nothing is more important than my sons and O'Neill. They are the strength and wisdom that will defeat the demons. O'Neill possesses the drive and determination of his people.he is not the sort of man to accept defeat. Skaara holds his own unique determination.and now the knowledge of his demon. Daniel remains the wisdom, but now also a sad purpose and stubbornness.he will not yield until his body fails him or the battle is won. And nothing short of death will deter him from keeping his final promise to my daughter.

I will not have his fate rest on my poor life.

I will die before that happens.

Heru'ur calls out again for my sons. He threatens my life, but I know he will not kill me yet. O'Neill will know this as well. As long as I am in his hands, I am a tool for the demon.an object with which to bargain. If he kills me, my boys are still hidden from him.still beyond his reach. He will use me to set a trap.I can only hope my boys will not be caught in it.

The battle is all that matters.

My sons must remain free or all will indeed be lost.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||