WHERE ROADS MEET: Part 6

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 6: Colonel Jack O'Neill

I do not believe this..

What the hell did Daniel think he was doing?

Well, duh, O'Neill. you know what he thought. He thought he was protecting us, he thought we'd stop him, he thought something I haven't figured out yet.something that convinced Hammond to buy into this crazy plan.

Janet said Daniel was still having those headaches when he left..

I knew I should have stuck around when they took the snake out of Skaara. I guess it was still to soon after my own up close and personal encounter with one of those things.I just couldn't stand there and watch. But Daniel could.and did. He's good about things like that. No matter how personally grossed out he is, he stands by his friends. I don't doubt that there was also a little piece of him that wanted to see the thing come out of Skaara with his own eyes..one small victory to offset so many defeats.

Skaara already knew that Sha're was dead. I know he and Daniel did a little grieving together before Skaara left to see his father. I hope Skaara decides to stay with the Tok'ra.the wealth of knowledge he gained as Klorel's host would go a long way toward fighting the Goa'uld. Much as I would have liked it, it wouldn't really be practical to expect Skaara to adapt to life on Earth.and there's the distinct possibility that Harry and his crew would turn him into some sort of lab rat. We'd all die before we let that happen.and at least now he's free.

So somewhere along the line Skaara passed on the little tidbit of news about maybe knowing how to find Kheb. Fine. Why send Daniel out there alone with Skaara? Didn't they think I could be subtle enough not to get caught even though I can't speak the lingo like they can? Daniel's face is about as well-known as mine on the Goa'uld hit parade..

This whole plan was crazy.

I am so thoroughly pissed.

And worried..

This is the most screwed plan in the history of screwed plans..

At least Hammond let me come after them..I think he really believes I didn't know he was going to recall me anyway. Right, George.

I make my way around the village carefully. I've been lucky so far not to run into anyone who's inclined to talk. Except for the sparse greenery, this place reminds me a lot of Abydos. The level of development, the architecture.really close. I just don't know how to go about finding Daniel and Skaara without making at least some contact with the locals. And what am I going to do the first time somebody asks me a question? Play deaf and dumb?

C'mon, guys.where the hell are you?

I move through an open area, trying to look a little inconspicuous and keeping one hand on the zat under my robes. I'm taller than anybody I've seen so far and slightly lighter-skinned, but these people are totally clueless. Hello? Big, pale stranger here.I'm guessing these people haven't had much interaction with the Goa'uld, they're entirely too trusting here.

There are a lot of small buildings down by the stream and I figure I may as well start there. As I make my way closer to the rough stone houses, I see a couple of the natives take notice of me and go back to their work. Off to one side, I notice a hooded figure watching just a little too long before slipping off to a house set away from the rest. That's my target.

The hooded guy is standing in the darkened doorway as I approach, moving back as I reach the threshold. I touch the zat under my robes again and step inside. As my eyes adjust to the dimmer light the hood falls to reveal Skaara.

"O'Neill! I knew you would come!"

The kid gives me a bouncing hug.so intensely familiar.and steps back. "Come, Danyer needs you."

That causes my gut to twist in a way that it is uniquely attributable to Daniel. I've got one of those for everyone I care about, but Daniel's seems to get more than its share of practice.

Skaara leads me into room made as dark as possible in daylight, heavy cloths covering the windows and lights a single oil lamp revealing a figure huddled on a mat against the wall.

"Daniel?" My body reacts faster than my brain.like that's a new concept.and I'm on my knees beside him before his name fades.

Daniel turns a bit but doesn't open his eyes. "Jack?" The voice is barely a whisper, but even that seems to hurt him.

I lower my voice in sympathy with that pain. "Daniel, what's wrong?"

Skaara moves forward to kneel beside me, speaking softly. "Danyer has been in great pain for many days. Light and sound, even moving, make it worse. I could not leave him."

I put a hand on Skaara's shoulder. "You did the right thing. Did he have any medicine with him?" Surely Janet didn't send him out here without something.

Skaara nods. "It is gone. Two days ago."

I scoot closer to Daniel, touching his forehead carefully.

"Jack?" That whisper-voice tells me more than a dozen words could. Daniel is really hurting here.

"Take it easy, Danny.we'll get you out of here."

Daniel shakes his head. "Can't go, Jack. Can't."

I look at Skaara, hoping he knows what Daniel's thinking but he just shakes his head helplessly. I'm guessing they've already had this argument. I don't know why Daniel doesn't want to leave, but right now it's secondary to getting him back to the SGC and Doc Fraiser's infirmary.

I motion for Skaara to follow me into the other room so we can make a plan without disturbing Daniel. I open my mouth to ask Skaara what's been going on when we hear an explosion of sound.

Moving to the doorway, I watch in dread, knowing what I'm going to see.

Jaffa.

Dozens of them.

Systematically blasting away at these innocent natives.

A voice from the hilltop stops the destruction.

A familiar voice.

Even before I look I know what I'm going to see..

We are in so much trouble here.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||