WHERE ROADS MEET: Part 5

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 5: General George Hammond

I am not going to lose my temper.

I am not going to let this total disregard for protocol and regulations.however well-founded and well-meaning.affect my already too high blood pressure.

The hell I'm not..

"Colonel O'Neill, can you give me one good reason why I shouldn't turn the both of you over to the SP's and be damned any possible consequences? Major Ferretti, the colonel was not included in this mission for a reason. Are you operating under the sadly misguided assumption that you can countermand my decisions at will?"

Well at least they look suitably contrite. I guess I haven't lost my touch after all. The thing is..and I'll never admit this under pain of death.I was going to send for Colonel O'Neill anyway. He's the only other one who can go after Dr. Jackson now. I'm hoping things haven't gone to hell as badly as I fear they have , but Dr. Jackson is three days overdue.

My problem now is I have to give Colonel O'Neill what he wants.to go after Dr. Jackson.without leaving him with the very much mistaken impression that he can go around flaunting orders at will. We've been here before, that whole saving-the-Earth-against-executive-orders thing.not to mention the thing with the Orbanians. I granted a hell of a lot of leeway then, but this cannot go unremarked.

I stand a little straighter and put on what my kids call my pissed-to-the-max bellow. "Colonel O'Neill, you will be receiving an official reprimand on your record, expect it. You will not be making a habit of disregarding my orders in future.Is that clear, colonel?"

He has the good grace to look uncomfortable, but he's not the least apologetic. As Dr. Jackson would say.déjà vu. We have definitely been here before.

I switch targets while I'm on a roll. "Major Ferretti, the phrase 'need to know' is part of the military lexicon for a purpose. You will live, breathe and practice it. Consider them words to live by for as long as you are attached to this facility. Am I making myself clear?"

I've managed to make Ferretti uncomfortable and apologetic.so I'm feeling somewhat appeased. Of course with Ferretti it's never easy to tell how much of his contrition is real and how much is his patented line of BS, but I think the message is received. These guys have a long way to go before they get that much over on me.

I have the singular pleasure of dismissing Ferretti at this point and seeing a totally shocked expression come over his face.

"Need to know, Major." I smile at him as I close the door in his face.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||