MISSING SCENE - "SHADES OF GREY"

by: Anne Sullivan
Feedback to: sullivan@seas.gwu.edu

Author's Notes:  This is very short, but I really loved that last scene.



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


"We, ah, we drew straws. I lost"

I felt like a giant fist was squeezing my heart. My worst fears had come true; the team was destroyed because of my actions.

I knew when I first agreed to do this that it would jeopardize the team. I was sure that Carter and Teal'c would eventually understand. They both know what it means to take orders, even if you don't necessarily like or agree with them.

Daniel was a different story. The lying itself was a problem, although not necessarily insurmountable. However I was afraid that the things I had said to him about our friendship could destroy his ability to work with me in the future. The peculiar balance of strengths and weaknesses that had forged a team of four very different individuals was now destroyed.

My breath caught but I continued looking at my teammates... or was that now former teammates? Then the reactions finally registered. The looks the three shared before Daniel dropped his bombshell. Daniel blinking and chewing on his lower lip, the grimace on Sam's face as she fought not to show any expression, the slight twitch of Teal'c's lips and the light in his eye before he caught himself and cleared his face of all emotion.

They knew. Somehow they had figured out it was all a scam and now, as a team, they were pulling my leg. I had a feeling they weren't going to let me off too easily, and I was still going to have to mend fences with each one individually, but none of that mattered. Because we were still a team.


Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||