MISHAP: Part 19

by:  PHO
Feedback to:  phowmo@mindspring.com



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Ferretti frowned, then shrugged. "Don't know, we'll find out after while. What the hell, pardon my language, happened?"

Sam turned worried eyes toward the major, and pulled him off to the side, away from his team. "Teal'c and I ran into a group of locals at the temple when we found the UAV. Everything seemed to be going okay until the colonel radioed that Daniel was hurt."

"Hurt! How bad? What happened?"

She shook her head. "Don't know, but he told us to hurry. Anyhow, these guys apparently equate technology to being Goa'uld so they arrested us. Sort of."

"Any idea where O'Neill and Jackson are?"

"They went south, along the old riverbed. Daniel was convinced there would be ruins that way."

"And O'Neill went along with this?"

"Yeah, I was kinda surprised, but I think he was trying to make up for PSR-932."

"PSR-932?"

"Sorry. SG-8 requested Daniel's help in cataloging Greco-Roman relics on PSR-932. We'd just finished that mess with the aliens who took over the SGC, and the colonel had to say no."

"Oh. The Foothold incident."

"Yeah, that... At any rate our captors brought us back here in a hurry. There's some sort of creature that comes out after dark..."

"We've met."

"You've been here that long?"

"Arrived right around dusk. Never made it away from the 'gate until this morning."

"No sign of..."

"No."

"Dammit. I tried to talk one of the men here, Marne, into going back to look for the colonel and Daniel. He said he'd send searchers out in the morning."

Ferretti groaned. "The guys that found us were probably the search party. They told us about you two being held for questioning. I was pretty insistent that they take us to you. What's happening here?"

Sam looked very worried. "I think I blew it. We had the prelims this morning. The commander of the group that found us is very sick."

"And you're being blamed."

"Bingo. We're supposed to be taken to face him in a little while. They apparently have a face your accuser rule. I'm guessing that we failed the prelims, and this is the next step before our trial. I'm hoping our med-kit will have something that will help him. Tiamon, the commander who's sick, is very nice. I trust him, and Marne. The rest of these jokers, well, who knows. Listen, if they let you leave, can you get help from the SGC?"

"No, the DHD doesn't work. Hancock thinks some of the crystals are fakes."

Sam's mouth dropped open. "Fakes? I checked the DHD myself when we got here. Everything was in working order."

"Well, it's not now, and neither are the radios."

"Then you should try to find the colonel and Daniel."

"Not gonna happen, Carter. The colonel can take care of himself and Jackson. You and Teal'c..."

"Will be fine, Ferretti, but Daniel..."

"Tell you what, I'll send Hancock and Anderson to look for the rest of SG-1. Spenser and I will stay here to help you. That sound fair?"

"I guess. We'll just have to hope you aren't prisoners as well."

"Major Carter!" An imperious voice interrupted their conversation.

Sam turned to face Vraxas. "Yes?"

"Are you ready to face your last accuser, and see for yourself the results of your handiwork?"

The young major barely managed to contain her temper. "Teal'c and I will gladly face our accusers, all of them, but I tell you again, we have done nothing."

He bowed condescendingly. "Shall we go?"

She nodded her head in agreement, as Ferretti spoke up. "Two of my men must return to the stone circle, but..."

Vraxas smiled benignly at the major. "I am sorry, good sir, but you and your men are our guests. You will remain in the housing we have chosen for you, until the conclusion of the trial."

Ferretti bristled. "Are we under arrest?"

"No, but we wish no more interruptions. The determination process has already been slowed, first by Tiamon's illness, then by your presence. It will be delayed no further."


Daniel should have been back by now. Something was wrong. Jack tried to push himself upright, and screamed as pain akin to nothing he'd ever before experienced raced through his body. The morphine had worn off long ago. Too long. And the futile attempt to rise had succeeded only in emphasizing that. Falling hard against the wall, he fought back tears of pain and despair. He'd allowed his team to become separated, and now all would pay the price for his stupidity. Some team leader he'd turned out to be.


The young archaeologist warily approached the pyramid, temple, whatever, and looked around cautiously for signs of life. The bare dirt outside the largest doors appeared to have been disturbed, as if many feet had trampled the ground recently, but he could tell nothing more. Gathering his courage, he raced rapidly across the open courtyard, darted up the steps, and dove behind a column. The thought occurred to him that the interior of an Egyptian style pyramid should not contain columns. Simultaneously, another unbidden thought reminded him that this was not Egypt and to stop his damned analysis, Jack was hurt.

Staring into the interior, he gasped with astonishment at the sight of the UAV, apparently unharmed. But how did it get here? He'd thought he'd heard Sam say it had fallen near the temple, not in it. And why weren't Sam and Teal'c anywhere around? And the rescue team - there should have been signs of them. A guard... something.

Frowning, he remained where he was, studying the pyramid's interior. It was too clean. There should have been dust and dirt in abundance. And the UAV... it didn't look damaged enough to have crashed. To the young man's experienced eye, it looked more as if the device had been carefully positioned in its location. But why? The only reason Daniel could think of was a trap. Sam and Teal'c by themselves might have fallen victim to some sort of trap. But a four member SG rescue team, already on the lookout for trouble? That just made no sense. He started to step out from his hiding place when he heard voices.

"Elden, I don't like this. Why are we back here?"

"The four males that arrived today may not be the last. They say they came in search of the woman, the Jaffa, and two others. Vraxas suspects that more Goa'uld or their agents will arrive soon. We are to guard against this and bring back any new arrivals."

"I'd rather be back in town, watching the trial."

"You mean you want to watch the execution."

"Same thing. They failed the interview, all that's left is the trial, and with the evidence of Tiamon's illness, you know they'll be sentenced to die at last light. Pity, the woman is very beautiful."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||