THE MÉTIS: Part 8

by:  Lyn
Feedback to:  lyntownsend@hotmail.com



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


"You're going to wear a hole in the floor, sir" Carter said.

"God, it's been four hours, surely they have some news by now." Jack said.

As he spoke, the door opened and Janet Frazier emerged, still in her scrubs.

"You can relax, people. He's going to be fine given time and a lot of care and rest." She said. "The wound in his leg was nasty, it transversed the muscle and actually grazed the femur. It took a lot of stitches, but with some physio it will be okay. We're transfusing him now, we've started him on antibiotics to guard against infection and we've got him on a morphine pump for the pain, so don't expect him to be too lucid"

She looked at Jack.

"Your chair's waiting. He's been calling for you."

Jack walked slowly into the room, his eyes taking in Daniel's ashen face, the gash on his cheek, now stitched, but still stark in comparison. His leg was suspended in a splint, a huge bandage concealing the terrible damage done.

O'Neill lowered himself into the chair and began the long wait.

"Jack"

The voice was breathless, almost a sigh, but Jack shot forward at the sound. He reached for Daniel's hand.

"I'm here, Daniel"

"Everyone okay?"

"Yeah, thanks to you, everyone's fine."

"Sorry, Jack, all my fault" Daniel said.

"Will you quit that, Daniel" Jack said, exasperated.

"It wasn't your fault. It's not always your fault. Sometimes shit just happens."

There was a long silence and Jack was sure Daniel had gone to sleep.

"Jack!"

"It's okay. I'm right here. Go back to sleep."

"I figured out the writing - on the DHD"

Daniel's voice was fading fast, but he still gripped Jack's hand tightly.

"Yeah, Daniel, what did it say?"

"It was kind of a take on 'Abandon hope all ye who enter here'. Kind of late when you're already there, huh?" Daniel whispered.

"Ya think?" Jack said.

"Daniel"

"Yeah, Jack"

"This team is not a team without you, you know that, don't you?" he asked.

He had to bend close to hear the reply.

"Thanks, Jack."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||