THE MÉTIS: Part 6

by:  Lyn
Feedback to:  lyntownsend@hotmail.com



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Jack tested his bonds for the fiftieth time in the past two hours and slumped back against the wall of the hut. Their guards had argued briefly a short time before and one had left to hunt for food. The other sat near the fire, drinking from a leather flask, and grinning lecherously at Carter. Jack looked over to check on Daniel once again and realized with a start that the man was awake, deep blue eyes staring unwaveringly from an exhausted and bloody face. Daniel slowly reached one hand past his head and clutched at something. Jack realized with a lurch, what he was trying to do. Daniel's hand closed over a rock from the fire and he crawled inch by agonizing inch to position himself behind the guard. Jack's mouth went dry as he noticed Daniel biting down on bloody lips to stifle the moans of pain his actions were causing.


O'Neill tore his eyes away from the awful tableau in front of him and cleared his throat loudly.

"Hey you. Any chance of a drink of that stuff?"

The guard snorted derisively and waved Jack's comment away. At the same moment, Daniel made a monumental effort to kneel up, swinging the rock down toward the Indian's head. The man sensed the movement behind him and spun, too late. Daniel continued the forward momentum and screaming with the agony it gave, brought the rock crashing down onto the man's temple. The guard dropped to the ground and Daniel collapsed in a heap beside him.


Jack released the breath he'd been holding and called to him, praying he hadn't lost consciousness again.

"Daniel, buddy, can you hear me?"

Daniel groaned.

"Way to go, Danny. We're nearly done here. Stay with us."

Teal'c shuffled over to the unconscious guard and pulled the knife from his belt. Sitting back to back with O'Neill, he managed to saw through the ropes. Then Jack set to work on Teal'c and Carter's bonds. As soon as they were free, he rushed to Daniel's side. Amazingly, the young man was still conscious, although it was obvious his energy was totally spent.

"Hey there, big guy" Jack said gently.

"Gotta hand it to you, Daniel. You amaze me every day."

He squeezed Daniel's cold hand, taking heart in feeling an answering, weak pressure.

"Sir, we have to move quickly, before the others come back." Sam said.

Jack nodded and turned to Teal'c.

"Sorry to do this to you, Teal'c, but you're going to have to carry Daniel" he said.

Teal'c bowed his head.

"It will be an honor to assist one so brave as Daniel Jackson" he replied.

Daniel protested weakly.

"No, Jack, I can try…"

Jack turned to him.

"Sorry, Daniel, not this time. We have got to hustle"

Daniel nodded, his eyes closing already in exhaustion. Teal'c lifted him gently, Carter quickly wrapping a sleeping bag around him.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||