THE MÉTIS: Part 3

by:  Lyn
Feedback to:  lyntownsend@hotmail.com



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


The only thing saving Daniel from instant death was the element of surprise on both sides. Daniel skidded to a halt and gaped unbelievingly, his hand going automatically for his sidearm.


As the serpent guards rapidly recovered their composure, several things happened at once. Teal'c armed his staff weapon and took out the guard nearest to him, Jack threw himself through the gap in the trees and rolled, his gun already up and aiming, yelling at Daniel to get down. Daniel moved with startling alacrity, throwing himself sideways. As Jack triggered his weapon, he realized in a heartbeat that he was already too late, a lifetime too late. The guard's weapon discharged a split second before Jack's bullet took him in the chest.


Daniel's quick reactions were borne as much of relief as they were of fear. Relief that the cavalry had arrived once again to rescue him and relief that he wouldn't have to be the one doing the shooting. As he flung himself sideways, he felt an enormous thump in his thigh, like a blow from a giant hand. He hit the ground hard, carried on by the momentum of the blast, the breath knocked from him.


By the time the others had recovered their senses, Daniel was struggling to sit up, blood oozing through his fingers from the gash in his leg. O'Neill rushed to his side.

"Dammit, Daniel!" he shouted, adrenaline and fear for his friend making his voice harsh. Daniel flinched involuntarily at the angry tone.

"Jack, sorry, not quick enough" he whispered.

Jack knelt and placed one hand firmly over the gaping wound, resting the other gently on his teammate's shoulder.

"It's okay, Daniel. Easy does it."

The pain and shock combined now to send Daniel over the edge. The world tipped sideways, Daniel's eyes rolled up and he collapsed soundlessly into Jack's arms.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||